Become a Patron!

SAY IT HERE!!!!!

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
wha happen?
Oh, I'm fine, but this one time I took a Mexican vacation that lasted all of 5 minutes...and it involves a story about cliffs.

A few friends piled into one friend's older brother's car with him and his wife, headed for San Felipe. During a pit stop shortly after crossing the border at Mexicali, one buddy purchases a fifth of cheap tequila, which he proceeds to almost-singlehandedly consume during the remainder of the ride.

When we arrive at the campsite, it's pitch black but you can hear waves breaking not too far in the distance. Captain Cocktail shouts "I'm gonna go check out the ocean!" Never mind that we live just a few blocks from the ocean at home, and the water in San Felipe is not technically "the ocean," he takes off at full sprint.

A scream and a thud (several thuds, actually), follow. The rest of our heroes venture toward the noise, somewhat more cautiously than the Captain who, it is soon revealed, has run right off the edge of a cliff and bounced along a pile of boulders before landing in a heap at the bottom.

Vacation over - after hauling him up the cliff, he's shuttled to a local hospital (better described as the kitchen and one of the spare bedrooms in the home of the only doctor we're able to locate). Several hours later, we're on our way back to the states with an amigo who'll spend the next six months recovering - about half that time will be spent with his jaw wired shut attempting to consume pizza that's been mixed with tomato soup, put through a blender, and mixed with cheap beer (he will come to call this concoction a michelada supreme).

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh, I'm fine, but this one time I took a Mexican vacation that lasted all of 5 minutes...and it involves a story about cliffs.

A few friends piled into one friend's older brother's car with him and his wife, headed for San Felipe. During a pit stop shortly after crossing the border at Mexicali, one buddy purchases a fifth of cheap tequila, which he proceeds to almost-singlehandedly consume during the remainder of the ride.

When we arrive at the campsite, it's pitch black but you can hear waves breaking not too far in the distance. Captain Cocktail shouts "I'm gonna go check out the ocean!" Never mind that we live just a few blocks from the ocean at home, and the water in San Felipe is not technically "the ocean," he takes off at full sprint.

A scream and a thud (several thuds, actually), follow. The rest of our heroes venture toward the noise, somewhat more cautiously than the Captain who, it is soon revealed, has run right off the edge of a cliff and bounced along a pile of boulders before landing in a heap at the bottom.

Vacation over - after hauling him up the cliff, he's shuttled to a local hospital (better described as the kitchen and one of the spare bedrooms in the home of the only doctor we're able to locate). Several hours later, we're on our way back to the states with an amigo who'll spend the next six months recovering - about half that time will be spent with his jaw wired shut attempting to consume pizza that's been mixed with tomato soup, put through a blender, and mixed with cheap beer (he will come to call this concoction a michelada supreme).
OMG that's terrible!!!

(I miss your stories Dave, I really do.)

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OMG that's terrible!!!

(I miss your stories Dave, I really do.)
And I miss you and all the other people that make this place great. I'm trying to pop in as much as I have time for, but like it seems you've fallen prey to (or been forced to endure as a mod), I just can't keep my nose out of the stuff that flat out sours my day, and there's too much of it here not to tempt me to fire back. I'm guessing, having been through forum wars of 04, 08, and 12, that the "let's make every interesting topic into an excuse to hurl political insults because your side has never done anything right and my side has never done anything wrong" crowd will calm down to a moderately irritable level (really the best it ever gets) in a few months...

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What was the saying? "A marriage starts with 2 hearts and a diamond and by the end you want a club and a spade"? ^.~

Diamond???? SHIT! I didn't SEE any diamonds till our 20th anniversary!

Just as well; if there'd been any diamonds at the beginning, we'd have just pawned 'em for drugs or booze. :D That is in fact what happened to our first bands, which matched -- we didn't have beer money, so there went the gold bands. At 20 yrs, I got an anniversary band with 10 tiny diamonds.

Andria

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is a post.

This post doesn't have an agenda. It's not telling you to change your thinking or act differently.

This post isn't asking you for anything. Not your time, not your money, not your stuff.

This post doesn't have an opinion. There are no intelligent opinions or misinformed opinions to be found.

This post isn't complimenting or complaining about anything or anyone.

It's just a random post with an incredible lack of bullshit.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is a post.

This post doesn't have an agenda. It's not telling you to change your thinking or act differently.

This post isn't asking you for anything. Not your time, not your money, not your stuff.

This post doesn't have an opinion. There are no intelligent opinions or misinformed opinions to be found.

This post isn't complimenting or complaining about anything or anyone.

It's just a random post with an incredible lack of bullshit.

Moist.

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
049bc2d50082f8f741476cba6f3d6523.jpg

I got this.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
sometimes I find it best in life to image a nuclear explosion engulfing the planet and ending everything I know.
afterwords, I feel better about the lady not getting my coffee right but still want to ask her how hard it is to put brown liquid in a cup.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So my conclusion for the day thus far. I hate people. Not one person in particular. Just people in general.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Hell I figured that out before I graduated from high school. 'Tis why I'm a hermit. :D

Andria

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I need the German word for
"Stop it you sadistic bitch!!! Bones don't bend that way!!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Jeez... not pleased with Nic River's "order fulfillment", what we mortals call "the shipping department". Just glad I wasn't actually in need of any of it this week.

Placed a decent order on the holiday Monday so it would be in the queue start of business Tuesday. No movement at all for two days then an e-mail this time yesterday saying "your order has shipped". Woot!.

Maybe that actually meant 14hrs later when FedEx made their morning pickup.
Cool enough... no rush.

We're at end of business today and the tracking number still hasn't activated. :mad:

That game I play where I order Sunday night so delivery beats the weekend, or Thursday so it arrives Monday morning? I'm not gonna win this round. :p

Last edited:

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tracking finally went live, says pick-up was 5:02 PM today... 24 hrs after my "congratulatory" e-mail. :rolleyes:

22.5 pounds. :eek:
I've never owned a gallon each of PG and VG. :p

And it's FedEx so... maybe, just maybe I won't watch tracking as it passes by me from SoCal all the way up to Portland, just to get sorted and then come back down to S. Oregon for delivery (thanks Obama USPS).

No delivery estimate yet though.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Good story, very well told! Thanks, that was a hilarious read.

VU Sponsors