Become a Patron!

SAY IT HERE!!!!!

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol.... yeah, it doesn't stop me either. I always get a laugh when she digs in, at the look she gives me. It's like.. "You are SUCH a pussy".

It's oddly sobering to admit that given the same situation, knowledge and experience... I would be exactly where Roy is today (minus the gay lover :p ).

And I'd fight any attempt to punish Monticore for it. :mad:

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hell I even have cat paw print tattoos:

cd036236d0ef630fe86f60932d73eedf.jpg

I am Kitty so cat paws seemed appropriate. I got this one at 22.

My other tattoos:

54e45077c078b40681f6947e1242ad9f.jpg

My 18th birthday present from my parents. Blue is my Dad's favourite colour, and purple is my mother's. The butterfly is because I never lived down playing "Katrina the Butterfly" in a first grade school play.

76a53df33e35c41af2a0fb3cd853af8c.jpg

This was my 18th birthday present to myself. I've always been interested in the celestial bodies.

20425e846e8692a3d22878784f1bdb31.jpg

This is to honour my father. He has an ankh ring that was custom made with a ruby in the centre. The ring is gold, but gold wouldn't look right on my skin. My Father has died 6 times and come back, (he's wolverine) so it was fitting to have an ankh as his symbol. After all it is the Egyptian symbol for eternal life.

I need more money so I can get more ink...

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Lol.... TRUE.

If scratching a dog very well resulted in 10 deep, painful puncture wounds, it would learn after the 3rd or 4th time that "OUCH" meant don't do that.
A cat learns the very first time. And then continues to not give a shit, forever.

I've gotten her pretty well-trained, as I've mentioned, about not biting me -- if she ever starts to, I just say 'hey now" in a calm tone, and she stops immediately, looks at me, and gives my hand a little lick. It's so cute. She just sometimes forgets who she's playing with, I think. :D However if I'm holding her and she wants down, the claws will be coming out if I don't set her down IMMEDIATELY IF NOT SOONER. :D She's not a lap kitty AT ALL.

Andria

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
54e45077c078b40681f6947e1242ad9f.jpg

My 18th birthday present from my parents. Blue is my Dad's favourite colour, and purple is my mother's. The butterfly is because I never lived down playing "Katrina the Butterfly" in a first grade school play.

76a53df33e35c41af2a0fb3cd853af8c.jpg

This was my 18th birthday present to myself. I've always been interested in the celestial bodies.

20425e846e8692a3d22878784f1bdb31.jpg

This is to honour my father. He has an ankh ring that was custom made with a ruby in the centre. The ring is gold, but gold wouldn't look right on my skin. My Father has died 6 times and come back, (he's wolverine) so it was fitting to have an ankh as his symbol. After all it is the Egyptian symbol for eternal life.

I need more money so I can get more ink...

Love the butterfly! But I'd never be able to sit still for that much ink; I have a 1-inch heart on my wrist, and even that really strained my pain threshold!

Love the symbolism of the ankh. It's funny, and it wasn't really planned, but the heart on my wrist actually kinda co-relates to a tattoo my father had, a spade, from his love of playing partner spades, on his right calf. He got that when he was about 18, before I was born, and I always remembered it, even during the 9 yrs of his absenteeism from my ages 9-18 -- I'd see guys out in public sometimes and think, he's about the right age, could that be my dad? And I'd always check that right leg, if they were wearing shorts. :D (very common in GA from about April till September or October).

My tattoo has been there for 37 yrs now, and I worry sometimes about what the ink is doing, in my skin. You don't think about shit like that, when you're 18. :D

Andria

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Love the butterfly! But I'd never be able to sit still for that much ink; I have a 1-inch heart on my wrist, and even that really strained my pain threshold!

Love the symbolism of the ankh. It's funny, and it wasn't really planned, but the heart on my wrist actually kinda co-relates to a tattoo my father had, a spade, from his love of playing partner spades, on his right calf. He got that when he was about 18, before I was born, and I always remembered it, even during the 9 yrs of his absenteeism from my ages 9-18 -- I'd see guys out in public sometimes and think, he's about the right age, could that be my dad? And I'd always check that right leg, if they were wearing shorts. :D (very common in GA from about April till September or October).

My tattoo has been there for 37 yrs now, and I worry sometimes about what the ink is doing, in my skin. You don't think about shit like that, when you're 18. :D

Andria
I'm more worried about the shit they are putting in the food. ~.~

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
GREAT show. Were you a fan of Sports Night? Gone way too soon. :sad::cry:

Absolutely. Like the thinking man's "Firefly"... one and done. :(

Disagree all you want about Aaron's politics, or coke abuse, or say the "walk and talk" is overdone or unrealistic (I love it), but I appreciate TV showing people who are quick witted and have reasoned, intelligent, thought-out opinions. I don't need to agree with them (though I most often do) it's the performance that matters.

The actual antithesis of "Reality TV". :mad:

For as hard as he made the casts work to get his words right... they're incredibly devoted to him, and one another.

Beyond all that... I'm a huge fan of the "behind the scenes" setting he favors.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Disagree all you want about Aaron's politics, or coke abuse, or say the "walk and talk" is overdone or unrealistic (I love it), but I appreciate TV showing people who are quick witted and have reasoned, intelligent, thought-out opinions. I don't need to agree with them (though I most often do) it's the performance that matters.
We'll should do a jammies and binge tv night.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Absolutely. Like the thinking man's "Firefly"... one and done.

The saddest one-season wonder to me was Studio 60.

I happen to love the music Goldsmith brought to Aaron's shows, especially the punchy number he used for that theme.
And I love a snappy "cold open".

A masterful example is network president Amanda Peet in the 2nd ep open, chastising our heroes and them complaining that she's set the ratings expectations bar too high.

She gets in an elevator and as the doors close she leaves them with... "Then clear it."

BOOM... cue the theme. :p

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The saddest one-season wonder to me was Studio 60.

I happen to love the music Goldsmith brought to Aaron's shows, especially the punchy number he used for that theme.
And I love a snappy "cold open".

A masterful example is network president Amanda Peet in the 2nd ep open, chastising our heroes and them complaining that she's set the ratings expectations bar too high.

She gets in an elevator and as the doors close she leaves them with... "Then clear it."

BOOM... cue the theme. :p
Matthew Perry in that one?

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Matthew Perry in that one?

Yeah, with Brad "Lemon Lyman" Whitford. :p

Want to hear something cool?
And I'm not even a major Sting/Police fan...

This is a tremendous scene in the show, but unfortunately this Lute version of the song only exists there and there's no version without the show dialog.

I know... Sting did the tune for an acoustical album and there are two other guitar versions out there, I have them all. But no clean Lute version. :(

Now I have to listen to it again. It's just... incredible.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, with Brad "Lemon Lyman" Whitford. :p

Want to hear something cool?
And I'm not even a major Sting/Police fan...

This is a tremendous scene in the show, but unfortunately this Lute version of the song only exists there and there's no version without the show dialog.

I know... Sting did the tune for an acoustical album and there are two other guitar versions out there, I have them all. But no clean Lute version. :(

Now I have to listen to it again. It's just... incredible.

Isn't this with lute, sans dialog?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Isn't this with lute, sans dialog?

Thanks.
I should have said... no clean version of what the two laid down for Studio 60.
Both the lute and vocals are far superior to that show they did there (forgot the details).
It's been a handful of years, but with the DVD set I could almost tune out the dialog for chunks of it... it's just a more moving performance than the others, all but that small concert, I believe, unfortunately adding a band as well. :(

There's a middle ground version I settled for... have to find my iPod to see if I labeled it with the details. It's... ok. With backing band, but subtle. Guitar though.

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
MY FEEEEET!!! AUGH!!!
It was all good till I took my socks off and the shower discovered 8 billion blisters.

It hurts. Make it better.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
In today's edition of I've Never Seen Anything Like This...

"In my 10 years on the road I have never seen anything like this," Sgt. Craig Callahan said in a statement from the sheriff's office.

Granted, a dude trying (and failing miserably) to drag a kicking, screaming, 13-year-old kid out of a store right in front of her mother is pretty rare. But it happened. Because Florida exists.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
DIY Moving
Savings: $2000+
Income: $0

Cleaning Former House
Savings: $ Hundreds

DIY Unpacking/Setup
Savings: $20/person/hr

DIY Business Setup
Savings: $500+

DIY Accounting/Taxes
Savings: $60/hr

DIY All Other Bullshit
Savings: $Yes
Income: $No

Two months of this shit. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And the Ass Wipe of the Year award goes tooooo.......FEDEX, for trashing my Nicotine River order from 5/28. Took them 11 days to send a box of VG soup to my door.The cap for the gallon of VG was gone entirely and these numbnuts thought they could put tape over the damaged foil liner without losing any (yeah, that worked...o_O )...they stuffed a leaky gallon of fluid in a massive trash bag with a liter of PG and a 150ml bottle of flavoring, tied it up and crammed it in a box. And I know it was FedEx because this order was supposed to arrive yesterday but tracking showed it traveling all the way from Cali with no events until yesterday when tracking suddenly showed "damaged" and was delayed in Knoxville. :cuss2:

XcL00BA.jpg
iGxLX02.jpg
HRLi0Of.jpg

Scooter 72

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Happily back home now
1f04c7c750621dbcc754c4e7d1e7118f.jpg

sent from a dumb operated smartphone
Shut mam you got beat part rite there. Won't stab you in back lie to you cheat on you and no matter what will be standing at the door wagging its tail happy to see you every day. Happiness with fur....

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Teresa P
So Nicotine River sent a nice box and FedEx ruined the box to a point that even the VG lid was destroyed?
So they taped the foil top of the VG, chucked it in a bag and put it in a new box?
If that's close to what happened... wow.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And the Ass Wipe of the Year award goes tooooo.......FEDEX, for trashing my Nicotine River order from 5/28. Took them 11 days to send a box of VG soup to my door.The cap for the gallon of VG was gone entirely and these numbnuts thought they could put tape over the damaged foil liner without losing any (yeah, that worked... )...they stuffed a leaky gallon of fluid in a massive trash bag with a liter of PG and a 150ml bottle of flavoring, tied it up and crammed it in a box. And I know it was FedEx because this order was supposed to arrive yesterday but tracking showed it traveling all the way from Cali with no events until yesterday when tracking suddenly showed "damaged" and was delayed in Knoxville.

Well fuck. :eek:

I'm half impressed they could cock it up that badly. :mad:

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Two hours on the phone to clean up my bank branch's fuck ups. The fourth person I talked to in the clean-up chain said the new linked bill pay would be easy. I laughed. She asked why that was funny.

Oh, I don't know...

--LLC formation
--State-mandated newspaper postings
--PO Box
--Federal Tax ID
--State Tax ID
--Accounting software
--Bank accounts
--Business credit card
--Truck insurance
--Liability insurance
--Quarterly taxes
--Mileage log
--Retailer business accounts
--Invoices
--Receipts

Maybe that's why the word "easy" is funny.

Scooter 72

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Two hours on the phone to clean up my bank branch's fuck ups. The fourth person I talked to in the clean-up chain said the new linked bill pay would be easy. I laughed. She asked why that was funny.

Oh, I don't know...

--LLC formation
--State-mandated newspaper postings
--PO Box
--Federal Tax ID
--State Tax ID
--Accounting software
--Bank accounts
--Business credit card
--Truck insurance
--Liability insurance
--Quarterly taxes
--Mileage log
--Retailer business accounts
--Invoices
--Receipts

Maybe that's why the word "easy" is funny.
Yeah for her not you they should say. Lol

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors