Become a Patron!

SAY IT HERE!!!!!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nearly 20 percent of the 1.4 million new cases of coronavirus reported between August 2 and September 2 can be traced back to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally held in South Dakota last month, a new study suggests.

MC5

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1*lKFgM81i9LXlRRgC7Kc1yw.jpeg

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
More cats might be COVID-19 positive than first believed after study finds up to 15 per cent of felines in Wuhan 'caught the coronavirus from humans'
  • Researchers took samples from 102 cats in Wuhan after COVID emerged
  • Found antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 in 15 of the felines, none had symptoms
  • Researchers think all cats, either strays or pets, caught the virus from humans
  • They encourage COVID-19 patients to be cautious around their pets and implement preventive measures such as distancing and quarantine

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does America have a lamb industry? Surely you guys use wool?

I ask, because of the apparent misunderstanding of sheep, who are rather cunning critters.

Lots of sheep farmers discover their flock suddenly escaped and a mile down the road with unplanned pregnancy.

Reactions: MC5

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I ask, because of the apparent misunderstanding of sheep, who are rather cunning critters.

Lots of sheep farmers discover their flock suddenly escaped and a mile down the road with unplanned pregnancy.
Extra rare would be nice.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Coronavirus kills off BRAIN cells as it hijacks some to make copies of itself and starves others of oxygen, study finds
  • An international team of researchers studied coronavirus in lab grown brain 'organoids' and mouse brains
  • They found clear evidence that the virus can take over brain cell machinery to make copies of itself
  • Brain cells near the infected ones were oxygen-deprived and dying
  • Studies suggest that anywhere from 30 to 84 percent of COVID-19 patients develop neurological symptoms

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

It is obviously a thriving industry here as many seem to 'have the wool pulled over their eyes'...

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
More cats might be COVID-19 positive than first believed after study finds up to 15 per cent of felines in Wuhan 'caught the coronavirus from humans'
  • Researchers took samples from 102 cats in Wuhan after COVID emerged
  • Found antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 in 15 of the felines, none had symptoms
  • Researchers think all cats, either strays or pets, caught the virus from humans
  • They encourage COVID-19 patients to be cautious around their pets and implement preventive measures such as distancing and quarantine

As I understand it, once infected, the virus mutates in cats to a feline coronavirus version that is not transmittable to humans. We can give it to them, but as far as we know, the reverse is untrue.

quote:
It is important to note again that there is currently NO EVIDENCE that SARS-CoV-2 can be passed from cats to people, so there is no need for owners to do anything that would endanger the welfare of their cats (i.e. relinquish to a shelter or abandon them) even if a cat is diagnosed with COVID-19.

source:

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As I understand it, once infected, the virus mutates in cats to a feline coronavirus version that is not transmittable to humans. We can give it to them, but as far as we know, the reverse is untrue.

quote:

source:
True as far as we know now about cats not transmitting to humans.
but can they transmit to each other?
What might it do to my little furry buddies?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As doctors worry about a coronavirus-and-flu "twin-demic" that could overwhelm the health care system, Americans must contend with another possibility: fighting both viruses at the same time.
"You can certainly get both the flu and Covid-19 at the same time, which could be catastrophic to your immune system," said Dr. Adrian Burrowes, a family medicine physician in Florida.
In fact, getting infected with one can make you more vulnerable to getting sick with the other, epidemiologist Dr. Seema Yasmin said.
"Once you get infected with the flu and some other respiratory viruses, it weakens your body," said Yasmin, director of the Stanford Health Communication Initiative.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
True as far as we know now about cats not transmitting to humans.
but can they transmit to each other?
What might it do to my little furry buddies?

Did you read the article? ;)

How can a cat become infected with SARS-CoV-2?

With respect to the potential sources of SARS-CoV-2 infection, available data suggests that the cat in Belgium was infected by its owner, and the study in which cats were experimentally infected with SARS-CoV-2 suggested that cat-to-cat transmission is possible. Based upon these findings, transmission from people to cats and from cat-to-cat appears to be possible.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's been five months since Lucy Gahan contracted Covid-19, and her life still hasn't returned to normal.
Gahan, a clinical psychologist in Shrewsbury, United Kingdom, hasn't been able to return to work.
The disease causes what she calls "storms," disabling periods when she feels shortness of breath, numbness in her hands and feet and her heart rate shoots up from simple tasks. Even taking a shower is possible only during an occasional respite in symptoms.
"In May and June, I could barely talk because I was so ill," she said.

Before contracting the disease in early April, the mother of two ran three times a week and had a regular yoga routine.
"I can only walk as far as the corner," she said. "In terms of running, I can't imagine when that will happen, if ever."
She is one of thousands around the world for whom Covid-19 has turned into a chronic condition. Gahan and other Covid-19 "long haulers" feel they aren't yet getting recognition for an illness that has disabled them for months, with no end in sight

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I source em I just hear fake news, I don't and just get complaints about that as well.
Matters not to me.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, it's true. CNN is the truest sewer of journalism.
ALWAYS spread the fear. Be afraid! Wear a MASK! Doom & gloom! :wait:
I wonder if that affects their viewers... :blah:

Fake news exists on virtually all media sources. Genuine fake news can be just outright lies or deception thru other means such as out of contest or omitting part of the facts.
Intentionally downplaying risks of the virus is fake news.

However the current definition of fake news is any thing that is not favorable to one particular political figure. And it being true or not has nothing to do with it being called fake news by some.

Yep masks, The dakotas are the fastest growing covid infection states right now. Per capita not per case numbers and per capita is how one needs to look at it.
They also have no mask mandates...
I did read that one city may have them as of yestetrday.

who is the stronger and smarter person one who ignores/denies something exists for political reasons or one who recognizes the risks of something and adjusts?

I follow medical professional advise on thinsg medical not politicians.
I suppose you go to your gynecologist for advise on fixing your car?

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The CDC now has the same level of belief among the masses as the WHO has...
But then that was the goal wasn't it?
discredit any government agancy that does not look at things the same way that SOME others do.
USPS, CDC, NIH, FBI, Justice Dept, etc...

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe those in poor health or at risk should stay home and refuse visitors & let everyone else support the economy and their families. If you want to wear a mask fine and if you don't that's fine too- no need to bully anyone for wearing/not wearing a mask. Its time we become responsible for ourselves. If you feel the other guy is wrong,,, then step away from him. Same way you avoid people you deem risky,, women have gut feelings when some guy is a creep,, I'm sure men get a bad vibe from other people as well. Ie I see someone who looks like they may have a cold I'm not going to make a big deal of his choice to be out in public,, i will simply leave the area they are occupying.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
200,000 people have died from Covid-19 in the US. That's more than the US battle deaths from 5 wars combined

Already, Covid-19 has killed more people in the US than Americans killed in battle during the five most recent wars combined: the Korean War, the Vietnam War, the Iraq War, the War in Afghanistan and the Persian Gulf War.

In 6 months or so....

It seems that the US does not have the resolve to actually fight a war on the home front.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
200,000 people have died from Covid-19 in the US. That's more than the US battle deaths from 5 wars combined

Already, Covid-19 has killed more people in the US than Americans killed in battle during the five most recent wars combined: the Korean War, the Vietnam War, the Iraq War, the War in Afghanistan and the Persian Gulf War.

In 6 months or so....

It seems that the US does not have the resolve to actually fight a war on the home front.

I just ran the math. That's almost one in 1,600 US inhabitants, whereas the number of murder victims per capita in the city of Chicago, even though this number is 52% higher compared to last year so it really does look like a war zone over there now, is still about three times lower than Covid-19 deaths per capita in the US.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
200 thousand dead from corona that is 1/2 as many are buried in Arlington cemetery.
And they date back to the revolutionary war.

According to some projections by next January the dead from Covid 19 will equal the number buried in Arlington.

Ironic to note that the ones wanting to appear to be the most militant, patriotic and protect the USA types in the US are among the ones refusing to fight in this war and do their part to protect it's most vulnerable citizens...

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
(Reuters) - Blue Cross Blue Shield has reached a tentative $2.7 billion antitrust settlement to resolve claims that the insurance group’s member companies conspired to limit competition and boost prices for policyholders, a person familiar with the matter said on Thursday.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Typhoid Mary?

Why doesn't the president allow untested non mask wearing people in his presence?
Are the rest of us not worthy of such protection from covid?

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
200 thousand dead from corona that is 1/2 as many are buried in Arlington cemetery.
And they date back to the revolutionary war.

According to some projections by next January the dead from Covid 19 will equal the number buried in Arlington.

Ironic to note that the ones wanting to appear to be the most militant, patriotic and protect the USA types in the US are among the ones refusing to fight in this war and do their part to protect it's most vulnerable citizens...
There is a difference of dying FROM covd19 and WITH covd19.

$35, 000+/- different for some ;/

Pretty sure i will die with a tad of body-fat,,, but even more sure that tad of body-fat didn't kill me.

Don't believe the media

Last edited:

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your welcome but you didn't need to Delete it because I don't make the decisions on what is allowed or not.
I figured that deleting it would be fair,, cuz what if you got reprimanded for posting it,, that wouldn't be fair to you while letting me get away with it.

I figure some people saw it,, thats my opinion.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Sent from....Somewhere on Tapatalk
Unfortunately however, the data is in shrill contrast with what's been said in the video you linked.

False claims about lack of oxygen, carbon dioxide poisoning, harming the immune system also are proven to be false claims.

Further, just because your face mask doesn't get wet when you cough into it, doesn't also mean the millions of miscroscopic droplets aren't there. They are. And they can be highly contagious indeed. Even, if you happen to be asymptomatic. So the anti-facemask apostles are just propelling lie after lie after lie. Not wholly dissimilar to the holy inquisition against vaping.

Last edited:

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The US govt last week updated the survival rates (i.e., IF infected) for Covid19:
0-19 99.997%
20-49 99.98%
50-69 99.5%
70+ 94.6%
Didn't see it reported much.

Ps, this site jumps all over the place on my phone,,, trying to post not "reply

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The US govt last week updated the survival rates (i.e., IF infected) for Covid19:
0-19 99.997%
20-49 99.98%
50-69 99.5%
70+ 94.6%
Didn't see it reported much.

Ps, this site jumps all over the place on my phone,,, trying to post not "reply
Multiply that by the infection rate and you can see how we have over 200K covid related deaths so far.
And this thing is far from over.

Around a .1% death rate from the flu
for all of 2018 that was around 60K of flu related deaths.
Iin around 7 months we have topped out 200k covid related deaths.

And Covid is NOT seasonal as with the flu.
Most who die from the flu do so from pneumonia, covid directly kills.
And many take months to recover and the real long term effects are not yet known for the survivors.
of course it is expected to get worse as the weather cools and more people spend more time indoors.

On top of all that the CDC is now politically controlled and not much more believable than the WHO.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors