Sgt. Pepper's Magical Mystery Tour

Adrienne

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No strawberry fields for me today. It went from rain, to freezing rain, and now snow. expecting an accumulation of about 10 inches. But I can dream.:)

I haven't seen a snowflake in 11 years. Okay, now everyone commence actively hating me for whining about constantly clement weather... I do hope the sun shines on you soon, Rush. Speaking of lovely Mr. Epstein -

Brian Epstein Blues

I've got the blues because our athletic host and @kelli haven't been swinging by the music game thread lately. One guilt trip, all expenses paid!!

VaporRush

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Adrienne. you must be out west or the deep south. I don't know when I will get home this year. I usually go home, anna maria island,fl., for may & june, but I will probably be delayed for a couple of months this year.

I'll be over to the music game once I finish fixing this hole, where the rain gets in, and stops my mind from wandering.:D

Adrienne

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Adrienne. you must be out west or the deep south. I don't know when I will get home this year. I usually go home, anna maria island,fl., for may & june, but I will probably be delayed for a couple of months this year.

I'll be over to the music game once I finish fixing this hole, where the rain gets in, and stops my mind from wandering.:D

Spent all but six years of my life here in permasunny West Los Angeles. I get all weird and slaphappy just on those few days it rains around here. But I already know full well that kelli feels like punching me in the jaw when I start grousing about that... It's lame of me to pimp the game; I'm just happy you're posting wherever, man!

Rain

Adrienne

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

2c1c1aa6f8cc76cf8484b9a6cb464748.jpg

Adrienne

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
but it's fun to piss them off.:D

Yes, but it's more fun to make @kelli laugh. She TOTALLY snorts when she laughs (true story).

While growing up, a friends father had every Monty Python skit on VHS. Great stuff!
:cool:

Yeah, we have pretty much all of them on VHS, plus all of the first five seasons of SNL, and loads of great SCTV - my parents were sorta neato before I was born. Afterwards, markedly less so. Bummer baby.

VaporRush

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

i don't know what it means, but love the name of this song.

There has been much speculation about the meaning of this song. As Slicknic mention, one was "smack" and another one was Yoko. I do have a reasoning behind my belief but I'm too tired to explain it right now. lol

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Fantastic song. I went to that concert in Atlanta. He ruined it by bringing Ravi Shankar onstage. Eric C showed up and played my Sweet Lord with George which was pretty awsome.

I was lucky enough to see him at the Budokon in Japan as well.
lucky you. guess i was born too late for all that good stuff.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You gotta love some led Zepplin.

I was such a huge Beatles fan in the 60's and 70's that I used to say, "Hey, Jimmy Page/Robert Plant must have listened and fell in love with Helter Skelter because all Led Zepplin sounds like it was derived from that one song. ( gotta remember, back then I was a dumb kid and Helter Skelter type Rock had never been done before)

Anyway, I, like many, grew to love Led Zepplin and later I found out that they copied a great many of their tunes from an old Blues singer song writer , Robert Johnson. All you have to do is speed up Johnsons tunes and you have many of Led Zepplins best tunes/songs. Of course it doesnt sound like Robert Johnson anymore.... lol

Now Im going full circle to the Beatles here, and all they were trying to do was copy Black American singing groups and early rockers such as Little Richard, Bo Diddly, The Marveletes etc...... They didnt quite get the sound they were going for either, but it sure made an impact.... and just kept "getting better all the time" .....;)

The Stones, ( best garage band ever) couldnt buy a hit record until they borrowed " I wanna be you Man" from the Beatles ...which got them on their way.

Sorry...Im rambling. I do that now and again. Carry on.... :oops:

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You gotta love some led Zepplin.

I was such a huge Beatles fan in the 60's and 70's that I used to say, "Hey, Jimmy Page/Robert Plant must have listened and fell in love with Helter Skelter because all Led Zepplin sounds like it was derived from that one song. ( gotta remember, back then I was a dumb kid and Helter Skelter type Rock had never been done before)

Anyway, I, like many, grew to love Led Zepplin and later I found out that they copied a great many of their tunes from an old Blues singer song writer , Robert Johnson. All you have to do is speed up Johnsons tunes and you have many of Led Zepplins best tunes/songs. Of course it doesnt sound like Robert Johnson anymore.... lol

Now Im going full circle to the Beatles here, and all they were trying to do was copy Black American singing groups and early rockers such as Little Richard, Bo Diddly, The Marveletes etc...... They didnt quite get the sound they were going for either, but it sure made an impact.... and just kept "getting better all the time" .....;)

The Stones, ( best garage band ever) couldnt buy a hit record until they borrowed " I wanna be you Man" from the Beatles ...which got them on their way.

Sorry...Im rambling. I do that now and again. Carry on.... :oops:

i enjoyed your ramblings. very educational. :)

VaporRush

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had taco bell tonight.:( I was supposed to go out to a nice steakhouse but i wasn't feeling up to it. My sore throat is gone, but whatever got me is still pulling me down a little. Just no energy. But i didn't miss any workouts this week and it was brutal with DTP Extreme. I forgot what DTP stands for, but I call it Destroy Torture Persecute (your muscles). It's really sick. My leg workout on monday, which i'm still feeling, involved over 860 reps. Anyway, i may have a couple shots of Jim Beam Black tonight... for medicinal purposes, only.:D

Hope everyone has a beautiful evening. I'll be checking back periodically.

Last edited:

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had taco bell tonight.:( I was supposed to go out to a nice steakhouse but i wasn't feeling up to it. My sore throat is gone, but whatever got me is still pulling me down a little. Just no energy. But i didn't miss any workouts this week and it was brutal with DTP Extreme. I forgot what DTP stands for, but I call it Destroy Torture Persecute (your muscles). It's really a sick. My leg workout on monday, which i'm still feeling, involved over 860 reps. Anyway, i may have a couple shots of Jim Beam Black tonight... for medicinal purposes, only.:D

Hope everyone has a beautiful evening. I'll be checking back periodically.

hope you feel better, hon. :)

VaporRush

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thanks, Kelli.:)

I got this juice this week i had never tried and it's awesome. It's G2's caRnY4. It's like a caramel popcorn with a nice dry tobacco. A great rendition of ry4. It's making me happy. well, that and a couple shots of bourbon.:D

VU Sponsors