Become a Patron!

colonel2lucky

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi, I am a vaping beginner currently using a 30W Eleaf iStick with a 1.2 ohm Aerotank Mini. The tank can only store 1.5 mL, so I have to fill up 3-4 times a day.
I need a larger tank, but they seem to be all sub-ohm and my 30W eLeaf doesn't seem to support sub-ohm tanks.

I'm still learning and I really don't know much of what I'm talking about. However, I'm definitely not interested at the moment in RBA, mechanical mods or building coils.

Should I move to sub-ohm just because I need a larger tank? If you think I should, can you recommend your favorite beginners sub-ohm mods and tanks?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you are happy with where you are at, you're fine. Sub-ohm you go through a lot more juice so moving to sub-ohm for bigger juice capacity becomes a moot point.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

colonel2lucky

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you are happy with where you are at, you're fine. Sub-ohm you go through a lot more juice so moving to sub-ohm for bigger juice capacity becomes a moot point.

Thanks for your answer. Do you think I can find a larger tank that works fine with 1.2 ohm coils?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for your answer. Do you think I can find a larger tank that works fine with 1.2 ohm coils?
They are out there, most of them though will be RTA's. Don't let that discourage you through. Building your own coils not only is much, much cheaper but seriously very easy. Not to mention better flavor, options, etc.

I'm out and about tonight but when I can I'll sniff around and post a couple. Plus I'm sure others will chime in.

iVape524

Member For 4 Years
The uwell crown v1 has a 1.2 ohm coil option and 4ml capacity. I haven't personally tried that coil but I do love my crown and I'm sure someone will chime in with an opinion on that

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
If you are ok with performance you have now you can still get the larger 2.5 ml v2 Aerotank - although they are getting harder to find. I know sun-vapers still has stock on them.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The uwell crown v1 has a 1.2 ohm coil option and 4ml capacity. I haven't personally tried that coil but I do love my crown and I'm sure someone will chime in with an opinion on that
Way too airy, 1.2 coils on the Crown suck.

colonel2lucky

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you are ok with performance you have now you can still get the larger 2.5 ml v2 Aerotank - although they are getting harder to find. I know sun-vapers still has stock on them.
That's interesting. Maybe high tank capacity is not a priority for vapers?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Aspire Nautilus is around 6ml I think but its primarily a Mouth to lung style tank..Not much air flow but works well with lower power..Flavor is very good, even way better than the kanger tank you are using but its no cloud making machine.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
That's interesting. Maybe high tank capacity is not a priority for vapers?

Different companies, different designs, differing capacities.

The Aspire Nautilus is a 5 ml tank, the Nautilus mini holds.3.6 ml's Stock coils are 1.6 or 1.8 ohm although there are compatible sub ohm coils that fit too.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nautilus was my first Vape, good Tank but bottom fill does suck.

There are some higher capacity out there and correct me if I'm wrong but I believe OP wants something larger, like 8-10 ML

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You want capacity, here's a tank!

ec1c7bbc333ac65eb8669d5a72234d46.jpg

colonel2lucky

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nautilus was my first Vape, good Tank but bottom fill does suck.

There are some higher capacity out there and correct me if I'm wrong but I believe OP wants something larger, like 8-10 ML

4 mL would probably be enough

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
haha thx that tank is crazy big probably vape for days with that tank
Yeah look into something like the Nautilus, not the mini the regular one. They should still be around. But the advice to rebuild seriously you should check into it. The Kayfun V5 is very easy to use and build on,, SXK Clone is around $25 and outstanding flavor.

This is usually what I vape the Modfather on it's a beautiful BEAST.

34a18d73ece5fb1a27d55bfb564bd3bd.jpg

colonel2lucky

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A 10 ml tank on a 30 watt eleaf? Bit top heavy, no?
Yeah look into something like the Nautilus, not the mini the regular one. They should still be around. But the advice to rebuild seriously you should check into it. The Kayfun V5 is very easy to use and build on,, SXK Clone is around $25 and outstanding flavor.

This is usually what I vape the Modfather on it's a beautiful BEAST.

34a18d73ece5fb1a27d55bfb564bd3bd.jpg

I might be interested to rebuild later on, I just feel like it's a bit too complex and I might lose motivation and go back to smoking cigarettes.
I just found out that the 30W eLeaf can handle 0.4 ohms and above. The Nautilus only has 1.6 and 1.8 ohm compatible coils.

Any similar options with a resistance range between 0.5 and 1.2?
I don't mind decreasing the resistance a bit if it means doubling/tripling the tank size

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
As I said, there are other compatible coils for the Nautilus. The Aspire Triton mini coils also fit either size Nautilus and come in 0.15, 1.2 and 1.8 ohm versions. Obviously your 30 watt device can't handle the 0.15 ohm coils.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Aspire Cleito would be a good option

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i started vaping on an atlantis tank with .5 ohm coils on an istick 30w (at 30w). it got me off smoking, and i vaped like that for about 6 or 7 months, but it did benefit a lot from a bit more power (45w) when i upgraded my mod (which lead to me getting my first rda which replaced the atlantis as my daily vape immediately lol).

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You could always get a bigger Aerotank but the Aspire Nautilus is a good step up that gets lots of love and is 5ml.

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Another option that kind of flew under the radar was Kanger's Protank V4. The PT4 looks more along the line of the Subtank Plus version, about 5 to 7ml tank capacity, has a top fill method similar to the OBS Crius tank. It can be used in sub-ohm or standard-ohm modes as it uses the subtank standard coil heads and SSOCC coil heads. Easy to use airflow control at the bottom, but the bonus is like the Subtank Mini and Subtank Plus it comes with a rebuildable head/deck which makes a great learners tank for learning how to rebuild yet still be used with pre-made coil heads for consistent performance.

Another option would be the Kanger Subtank/Toptank line which are just as flexible as the PT4, as the whole line does offer 1.2ohm as well as 0.5ohm sub-ohm coil heads.

Still again the Nautilus and Nautilus Mini are by far better performers than the Aerotanks were, really shining in the 10 to 15watts range where their coils really woke up to full potential, but be on the look out as the Nautilus 2 is rolling out and launching here pretty quickly, still uses the old and tested Nautilus BDC/BVC/Triton Mini coil head design.

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Go rba bro. I said the same thing 3 months ago and went from starting with tfv8 baby and tfv8 to finally adding a cheap rda to a juice order. I said there was no fn way i would ever use rdas or rtas lol amd now ill never go bk to tanks. Damn coils r so expensive and the vape isnt even in the same league. With a coil master kit anyone can build a coil their first time which I did but I usually just get premaid coils. Im lazy and didn't want the headache but it gets to where you get excited to through some kickass aliens in a new rda. 3 months later I use rta's and rda's exclusively. Just a lil pep talk lol just give it a try, u may be surprised. If not, there's been some great suggestions above

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I still stand by kanger top tank mini. 3.5ml capacity and even with my own coils,i fill once maybe twice a day. It comes with a 0.8 and 0.5 ohm coil and an rba mini coil, in case you want to try your hand. I have a video on how to build on the rba and wick, and got over 100 likes on another forum. One guy said he had one over a year and my method was not only easiest, but the only one that consistently did not leak.
Now I want to stress that nobody is pushing you into coil building, but more to the fact of making a point that it is no mystical ceremony where demons will be unleashed to plague humanity if everything isn't perfect. Worst case... you cuss, hit your vape, attach the fubar coil to a rubber band and ping it out the window as far as the rubber band can launch it, giving it "the finger" as you sing "sail away". Running outside after it, hunting it down, and stomping it vigorously into the ground while screaming DIE DIE DIE and giggling maniacally is also an option. Use at your own risk if you have nosy neighbors and an old busy-body with 911 on speed dial in the area.

Point is, coil building is no biggie. I once spent 8 hours building one coil.. didnt even take a vape or think about a cigarette. LOL... My first clapton as I remember. LOL. Most people have made a coil and didn't realize it. Usually around age 5 when they figured out how to straighten a paper clip and discovered you could make a spring by wrapping it around a nail. Same thing exactly. :)

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Go rba bro. I said the same thing 3 months ago and went from starting with tfv8 baby and tfv8 to finally adding a cheap rda to a juice order. I said there was no fn way i would ever use rdas or rtas lol amd now ill never go bk to tanks. Damn coils r so expensive and the vape isnt even in the same league. With a coil master kit anyone can build a coil their first time which I did but I usually just get premaid coils. Im lazy and didn't want the headache but it gets to where you get excited to through some kickass aliens in a new rda. 3 months later I use rta's and rda's exclusively. Just a lil pep talk lol just give it a try, u may be surprised. If not, there's been some great suggestions above

first time builders I recommend keep it simple. Little blue screw driver (2.25mm id) or a penny nail. Costs nothing and about as simple as you can get.
plus, you can practice for free.. just strip a twist tie and wrap away.. (don't use that coil...)

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The kayfun 5 is a really good tank ..easy to build on as already mentioned however I would check out the Taifun GT3 as well...just as easy to build on but I think it holds a little more juice..I want to say near 6ml but I forget.,,I got the cheap $10.00 one from gearbest and it works like a charm...Manufacturer juice capacity specs can be a bit exaggerated.

As mentioned the aspire Nautilus is really a great MTL tank..i still have mine but ive been reluctant to buy coils for it.

VU Sponsors