Squonkers are Bonkers

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
If FLA is the same as FA, I have all those ingredients! (empty bottles too :))

Thanks!

Ron
---
“I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure.” ― Mae West

I think I remember reading somewhere they are pretty close - maybe a little less if its FA?

I screwed up the first time I did it and used meringue - they both start with M right? - had to trash it.

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
If I could get a clone of Rocke's cheerwine, The Soda, I'd be sitting pretty

Wow, Cheer Wine

I remember that, everyone drank it in North Carolina in the 70s, lol

Haven't ever heard of it since I was there as a kid :)

Jlankford3336

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I keep looking at the reo site pondering on ordering a grand lp. Can anyone do a size comparison to say the coppervape so I can get an idea on how big they are?? Thanks

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wow, Cheer Wine

I remember that, everyone drank it in North Carolina in the 70s, lol

Haven't ever heard of it since I was there as a kid :)

No joke, The Soda is worth the money. Only soda ejuice I've had that was a pleasant vape and didn't make me gag on cough syrup.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think I remember reading somewhere they are pretty close - maybe a little less if its FA?

I screwed up the first time I did it and used meringue - they both start with M right? - had to trash it.

Thanks! I used the FA in the mix and only now need to put a label on the bottle. (And let it age for a while...I guess)

If you are a fan of chocolate drink juice, and have not tried it yet, wllmc's ECF Refugee is very delicious.
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wllmcs-ecf-refugee.305996/

Ron
---
"When I was having that alphabet soup, I never thought that it would pay off."- Vanna White

caihlen

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anyone have an opinion on an Odin? I scored an authentic with a router drip tip and stuck it on one of my REO's with a .39 single coil. Very promising. I need to try a few different builds on it but it sure seems like a nice atty...

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thanks! I used the FA in the mix and only now need to put a label on the bottle. (And let it age for a while...I guess)

If you are a fan of chocolate drink juice, and have not tried it yet, wllmc's ECF Refugee is very delicious.
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wllmcs-ecf-refugee.305996/

Ron
---
"When I was having that alphabet soup, I never thought that it would pay off."- Vanna White

The recipe I posted pretty decent as a shake and vape

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Anyone have an opinion on an Odin? I scored an authentic with a router drip tip and stuck it on one of my REO's with a .39 single coil. Very promising. I need to try a few different builds on it but it sure seems like a nice atty...

I absolutely love the Odin

Been jeered for liking it so much, lol

Some consider it too old school, but it's still in my top five

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The recipe I posted pretty decent as a shake and vape

Thanks! It does smell good! I have been itching to use more of the Flavorah Marshmallow I have. Maybe the next 30 ml batch....

Ron
---
"Anything worth doing is worth overdoing."- Mick Jagger

KentA

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
They are a nice atty. I've got a couple I run single coil. It's a good design & very well built.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hope you enjoy the Gorge....I enjoyed being a part of its design ;)

Your feedback would be appreciated after you've used it enough!
@raymo2u One thing I would like to see, if there is a V2, is the squonk holes be closer to the deck. With squonking, we don't need the reservoir filled up with juice. A 510 drip tip adapter would be nice also for flavor chasers. All in all a nice design. I just need to find some time to play around with some builds.

caihlen

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Some consider it too old school, but it's still in my top five
Cool. I am even more impressed this morning, with a dual 316l .25 ohm build on the Reo. Nice warm, flavorful vape.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Cool. I am even more impressed this morning, with a dual 316l .25 ohm build on the Reo. Nice warm, flavorful vape.

I think it only fell out of fashion because the post holes won't accommodate the humongous wires that are so popular

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@raymo2u One thing I would like to see, if there is a V2, is the squonk holes be closer to the deck. With squonking, we don't need the reservoir filled up with juice. A 510 drip tip adapter would be nice also for flavor chasers. All in all a nice design. I just need to find some time to play around with some builds.
The squonking is good for me haven't over squonked yet. Trying for a little more flavor it's not bad just adjusting coil around. Building and wicking is a breaze . But I am taking both set screws out completely. Some won't like that. Does not bother me. It is well worth the money. Question is drip tip the goon style or not I don't have any to try but think a little less bore size would help the flavor. And yes it is VERY airy. So no mtl. But I like air I'm running at half open and it's fine for me.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Still Gorging :).
A great atty, I'd recommend easily for a pretty open draw -
Like a nice alternative to a Goon.
And for the money ($25), it's good quality, REALLY easy build, 2 caps, fits goon wide tips, etc...

Cap - especially this Ultem one, is too tight. But next time I take it off, I think maybe sandpaper to the orings ought to fix it.

gorge-ultem-small.jpg

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My Goon tips fit perfect...

The squonking is good for me haven't over squonked yet. Trying for a little more flavor it's not bad just adjusting coil around. Building and wicking is a breaze . But I am taking both set screws out completely. Some won't like that. Does not bother me. It is well worth the money. Question is drip tip the goon style or not I don't have any to try but think a little less bore size would help the flavor. And yes it is VERY airy. So no mtl. But I like air I'm running at half open and it's fine for me.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Jlankford3336

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
One question for the group. Do all the mech mods hit about the same? Is there a difference in say the coppervape versus the 3D or wooden box mods that use just the small copper or silver strips. I hope that makes sense. I'm trying to decide on my next device, like an anchor box mod or a reo.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

jeer, Jeer, JEER, JEER! :p You know I had to do it.

I'm out of poop to fling a fistful as to care if you enjoy using the Odin rda. Which
translates to "I'm happy you use what you like and won't try converting you to anything else." :)

He reads the info about the Gorge rda in the thread. He hears brother Spanky going on in his mind. He looks at the Gorge selling page at 3F. He goes "oooooooh aaaaaaaaah". He sits with his lower jaw full of drool and drool runs down his chin. A soft little chant comes from inside him, "my precious, come to me, only Me!" He sighs, knowing now where his next stipend windfall is going. Good price point too. I will pay up to $25 for a good rda, authentic or clone. Rather not pay much more than that however, if so the darn thing better have some 18-24k gold involved somewhere. *chuckles*

Also enjoying a two strand 28 awg Kanthal single coil build hitting around 0.9 (R) in a Goon. It is doing real nice for me. My wife has even gotten a bit further behind my vaping, building coils. She bought me a small folding LED lamp which has a usb cord. That was useful this morning in seeing what I was doing without needing to juggle a flashlight. :)

Well, I need :coffee:. It's one of those ever so pleasantly rainy and chilly days, today. Last week, full on August or July weather hitting 90's. *smh* Don't know bout all this screwy weather. Might be another ice age making the rounds. Would make sense, as the "brilliant" minds are saying now that the Earth is flat and radiation does not cause cancer.

Somebody hook 'em high, I'll go low and 'member, we all run 'er slow. :hug: :) :wave:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
One question for the group. Do all the mech mods hit about the same? Is there a difference in say the coppervape versus the 3D or wooden box mods that use just the small copper or silver strips. I hope that makes sense. I'm trying to decide on my next device, like an anchor box mod or a reo.
Huge difference.

Stock REO suffers massive voltage drop. You can get around it a bit with Corey contacts, including replacing the spring with a solid silver bolt.

Battery sag plays in too. Particularly at low ohms. So a parallel mod at 0.2 will hit harder than a single cell at 0.2. Despite both theoretically being 4.2v.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Most mech users size their coils to chuck huge-ass clouds, meaning they have to use batteries that can deliver the amps with a lesser capacity, and of course they use up the batteries faster - hence the short enjoyment time.

However, if you do a build for a relaxed vape at reasonable power, you can use batteries with a higher capacity and they'll last you a lot longer throughout the day.

Me, when I use my mechs (which is exceedingly rare, but... sometimes I do :)), I use cheesy 3000mAh Surefire batteries with a 0.5Ω build: it yields between 25W and 30W, and one battery lasts me between half a day and a full day depending on how much I vape. Better, since I use thinner wires for the coils, it ramps up faster than you'd think.

I use mechs 99% of the time and I build around 1 ohm using 28 gauge. A single battery would last me around 60-70% of my squonking bottle (10 mls) before I start getting annoyed with the quality of the vape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1rudedog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I use mechs 99% of the time and I build around 1 ohm using 28 gauge. A single battery would last me around 60-70% of my squonking bottle (10 mls) before I start getting annoyed with the quality of the vape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gotta be smarter then the mod your using is all...lol.love my 26650 and dually tmods...bad to the bone for me.but i think the dually will prolly be the one that ends up getting a new home...maybe...hard choice.i cant keep 11 squonkers when im almost sure ima quit vaping...soon....maybe...prolly.uhhh maybe not but one thing is i have to many squonkers for as poor as i am!!lol.and way to many attys too!dont wanna even hear about any new ones...ill relapse!

Jlankford3336

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Huge difference.

Stock REO suffers massive voltage drop. You can get around it a bit with Corey contacts, including replacing the spring with a solid silver bolt.

Battery sag plays in too. Particularly at low ohms. So a parallel mod at 0.2 will hit harder than a single cell at 0.2. Despite both theoretically being 4.2v.

So I'd probably be better off with a quality box mod. Less voltage loss equals a better vape??

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
26awg nichrome is as fat as I'll go on a 4.2v mech.

Any thicker, the ramp up shits me.

Claptons really need higher volts. I do use them on series 8.4v.
So I'd probably be better off with a quality box mod. Less voltage loss equals a better vape??
Definitely.

Don't let anyone tell you that you can always resell it close to retail though. Something new is always around the corner which can halve resale pretty much overnight

1rudedog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

less VL means less charging or batt changes....with me anyways.ive gotten hella vape on something that has big VL mostly ohms can decide batt life...less its a REAL shitty mod.just my opinion...

im a bricklayer not an electrician...lol

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
less VL means less charging or batt changes....with me anyways.ive gotten hella vape on something that has big VL mostly ohms can decide batt life...less its a REAL shitty mod.just my opinion...

im a bricklayer not an electrician...lol

Will second this experience and opinion

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@raymo2u , is this the one you designed? In that case I will absolutely have to get one!
This is one help help with a few suggestions, and the "Gorge logo" is just a really bad sketch of the word Gorge...they wanted me to write gorge in english and I gave them a hand written form and that sketch...they decided to use the sketch and at first they used it on the barrel but changed it to the tip only last minute.
I will pass on the suggestions Ive heard hear, one thing I also agree with is it needs less air, its not always a bad thing but most single coil rda's are either too airy or too loose but the build definitely matters in that equation.

For the Juice well I got alot of feedback from users I knew who already squonked and their main complaint with alot of the newer squonk rda's was that the hole is too far down or lower then the deck so all the juice gets pulled back down right after you sqounk, thats the main reason its higher in this rda...giving a juice well.

for the Caps being too tight, Orings and the other issues are usually tolerances being too tight or too loose and with a change o orings or lubed on the rings should loosen it up a bit.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The little orca is probably a good start, jlf.

Should be under 100 to do yourself. Or minimalsaint has a hobby shop.

Copper or silver (fine silver, not sterling) contacts, and it'll out perform most other single cell squonkers. Up there with lil pinch with the way they hit if you get the contacts right (broad surface, very conductive alloy).

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can mistreat my mechs or drop them all day long and not worry about wiring getting loose or chip getting busted..just give it the routine cleaning and you're good to go. Besides, even with my SXminis, Provaris or Svoemestos that I had before moving to squonking I always carried spare batteries with me. Like the case with my single battery mechs, I needed to change the battery towards the end of the day.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Interesting take - I find mechs less fiddelly :cool:
I find both about equal wrt fiddling. But mechs give a better vape.

Saint said "raw power" but I think that gives the wrong impression, since a regulated can up regulate and give more power from the same source.

It is just direct. -------- instead of -_-_-_-_ current

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
only good things from a regulated is if it's more than one battery or you're throwing something like aliens at it

caihlen

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think mechs are fiddly cause I'm constantly fucking around with my shit. Cause I like to. I have a couple of pico's that while they vape ok, are pretty whitebread plain. Not my cup o tea. I have a Kbox 200 with a goon on it that I like to use for dripping when I'm in the mood for cloudsbro. But my REO's are my main squeeze....

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The little orca is probably a good start, jlf.

Should be under 100 to do yourself. Or minimalsaint has a hobby shop.

Copper or silver (fine silver, not sterling) contacts, and it'll out perform most other single cell squonkers. Up there with lil pinch with the way they hit if you get the contacts right (broad surface, very conductive alloy).

Buuuuut not all Sterling is equal.
Personally, I've discovered LG422 Sterling which is a different alloy than traditional Sterling. Rather than only silver/copper in the alloy, it substitutes about 3% palladium and 1-2% copper, which makes it tarnish-resistant and won't fire scale like traditional Sterling. I've found cleaning to be less-frequent and more easy than fine silver.
Added benefit is that 1/2 hard LG422 is harder than the 1/2 hard equivalent of any other silver alloy, which is perfect for me and the thinner material I use for contacts.
It may not be as conductive as fine silver, but considering the 510 materials are either brass or stainless (or both) there will be an amount of voltage loss regardless.

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
actually tempted to get the Maze V3 on FT. I liked the first Maze, second didn't interest me but this one is a single coil Aeronaut squonker

just get a series mech

meant in the realm of squonking. I still use my Satan mech quite a bit

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
never seen a series mech squonker
d9fe7995a88ed2b2e0743a5f9214a761.jpg

VU Sponsors