Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, the chalice was always a bit too rich for my blood, but now that they can be found at reasonable cost they started to gain some appeal again. But I always loved the look of the matrix and that ultem tip finishes it perfectly!

The same seller has a fury and a no toy also, I thought about the NT for a hot minute but I'm not wild about it like I am for the matrix.[/QUOTE]
How much for the Fury? PLEASE!!!!

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hard to argue with that - I'm not selling any Nuppins though!
:):)
I don't blame you for hanging on to the Nuppins! I have 2 of them and that's about the only ones I've used in the last week....to the detriment of the Hadaly.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ugh. They had to put in juice wells, didn't they.
Well...crap! They did put wells in it! But they made it easier to bf, I just wonder how the overall changes in the deck design changed the vape quality. The original Derringer was a great little flavor atty, I wonder how the V3 is.

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anyone tried the Derringer v3 from FT? it looks easy to squonkefy!
I've got one.There are several versions and they take different 510 pins.The one I have takes a 2.5mm pin.The Fatdaddy pin is to long on both ends,but the ones that Fasttech sells fit perfect.So,yea,it's easy to squonkify.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got one.There are several versions and they take different 510 pins.The one I have takes a 2.5mm pin.The Fatdaddy pin is to long on both ends,but the ones that Fasttech sells fit perfect.So,yea,it's easy to squonkify.
That sounds good, but how does it vape? Also, do you happen to have either the SKU number or link to the one you have? Thank you.

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Will be my first 14 since I abandoned my cyclones, but I recently made a cherry box with the 16mm modmaker 510 recessed, so it's just begging for something small.

Oh, that deck.... yeahhhhh....
For the Matrix it's a perfect deck with no posts IMO, nice and simple, drains well and supposedly just pounds the flavor.

Bloop
5IIQ5Es.jpg

I've been tempted to try and retrofit the MM 510 into the octo...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Will be my first 14 since I abandoned my cyclones, but I recently made a cherry box with the 16mm modmaker 510 recessed, so it's just begging for something small.

Oh, that deck.... yeahhhhh....
For the Matrix it's a perfect deck with no posts IMO, nice and simple, drains well and supposedly just pounds the flavor.

Bloop
5IIQ5Es.jpg

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I've yet to have a single trace of leakage with the MM510, although the varitube has never really given me trouble aside from that little red o-ring under the head of the 510 pin.
The biggest part of fitting one in would be boring the hole from 10mm to 12mm. After that I'd have to believe it's just tweaks to the contacts....

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tell more, plz!
Maybe compare to other small ones? Tighter air than an Origen little 16?

No way, the Origen little has way more adjustable options. This is definitely less airy then the hadaly, easy-ish to build on, beyond well built. Just guess I'm either airy or little to no air like on the Origen little.

spada

Member For 4 Years
Does the Reo mod actually suffer a large voltage drop ? I guess I never noticed because I run my coils at between .75 ad 1.0 Another question all of the newer mech squonkers I see have no safety like a Reo spring and no button lock. Are they not pocketable?

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does the Reo mod actually suffer a large voltage drop ? I guess I never noticed because I run my coils at between .75 ad 1.0 Another question all of the newer mech squonkers I see have no safety like a Reo spring and no button lock. Are they not pocketable?

I've carried a REO in various pockets for 2+ years and can't ever recall turning it to the off position. It has never gone off by mistake. Of course, if I carry it in a front pants pocket (seldom) I try to avoid locations where a pick pocket (or other professional :eek:) may inadvertently fire it. ;)

I don't know what is considered a Large voltage drop, but with my stock REO it never seemed to be a concern to me.

Ron
---
"If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions."- Quentin Tarantino

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I pocket all mine. Granted I don't wear skinny jeans. But in an ordinary pocket they are fine.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Added an Origen Little to the atty purchases..also a 10pk of Authentic VT75 Inbox bottles for $3.50..figured why not..im liking the inbox for regulated use anyways...maybe the bottles will work on something else as well.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Added an Origen Little to the atty purchases..also a 10pk of Authentic VT75 Inbox bottles for $3.50..figured why not..im liking the inbox for regulated use anyways...maybe the bottles will work on something else as well.

The biggest thing I like about the extra Inbox bottles is that they come with a stopper, so you can pre-fill them with juice and just change bottles on the fly instead of having to refill the bottle.

Also great for taking on airplanes - no leaking worries.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I tried as suggsted to lower the 510 ring on the CV to get the first Hadaly clone i bought to work but thats a no go...im guessing the clone is pure shit and the pin was made too short...id rather have the ring tight than too lose anyways even if it did work...Loose anything is bad for contact and creates massive voltage drop...basically it would be a loose ground as contact to the threads wouldnt be very tight.

Also, I bent down my copper spring a little and was able to slightly tighten up the fire button..feels more firm to the press.

Im seriously thinking about using a slightly thicker copper to make a different spring with capable of better current handling.

If someone made silver coated copper screws for the button and silver contact/springs, and even a copper or silver coated copper 510 screw, the CV could be a serious firing mod.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I tried as suggsted to lower the 510 ring on the CV to get the first Hadaly clone i bought to work but thats a no go...im guessing the clone is pure shit and the pin was made too short...id rather have the ring tight than too lose anyways even if it did work...Lose anything is bad for contact and creates massive voltage drop.

Also, I bent down my copper spring a little and was able to slightly tighten up the fire button..feels more firm to the press.

Im seriously thinking about using a slightly thicker copper to make a different spring with capable of better current handling.

If someone made silver coated copper screws for the button and silver contact/springs, and even a copper or silver coated copper 510 screw, the CV could be a serious firing mod.

Yeah, I seriously plan on turning at least one CV into a hotrod one of these days

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have a Friend of the family who works with CNC machines i might can get to make a full copper CV...i need to price out a block of copper and its $150 an hour for the cnc machine use and labor..pure silver sheet is about $45.00 for a small sheet/strip...would be nice but expensive to have done...plus now you need the CV fire button screw/contact silver plated as well as the factory 510 pin and 510 ring...im guessing $250 or more to have one custom made which really isnt all that bad considering the cost of some other mods out there that wouldnt be as good.

Last edited:

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I prefer the origen16 personally.

And dropped the cash on the new Boost Shift v2. Hopefully gets here soon.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I agree about the Origen 16 too.

Also if anyone is interested I'd be willing to trade/sell it as well as my Stabwood door that from the looks of it will fit the beautiful mods made by minimalist :)

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Any upgrade bottles for the CV out there?....mine works fine with the bottle full but once its halfway down or so its a pain to get juice to the top.

I don't know if this may help...but...

When I looked at the bottle threads on the bottles that came with the CV I got last week; (From 2F) they looked like they were touching. With only a little finger pressure I can wiggle the soft plastic threads.

I don't have any problems at all squonking the CV empty. (Using a Shen Ray Hadaly) I have been using only the bottles I got in 2014 from Fastech. (Fastech bottle on left)

IMG_20170507_162906118bot.jpg
IMG_20170507_162842050bot2.jpg

Could these CV bottle's soft threads be causing your problem? :anyone:

Ron
---
"If you have the capacity to tremble with indignation every time that an injustice is committed in the world, then we are comrades."- Che Guevara

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The biggest thing I like about the extra Inbox bottles is that they come with a stopper, so you can pre-fill them with juice and just change bottles on the fly instead of having to refill the bottle.

Ahh like the Kanger bottles?

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Love my inbox huggy kissy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So... like....what's the word on the Drone? Likes, dislikes???
i don't have one,but some have issues with the fire button sticking like the Therions.And general consensus seems to be that the bottles suck.Battery door seems to be a slight issue also.I Probably won't get one till those issues are fixed.

KentA

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
down side of mechs = maintenance

need to do some today, have been down to just my nutpunch for 2 days, and 8.4v is not great for an ADV lol
I'm with you. I usually like playing with them, but I have to be in the mood.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm eyeballing it pretty hard right now. Got one in my cart at FT and still debating pulling the trigger on it.
Same as therion I've heard. I have therion. Hard bottles and sometimes sticky button.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So... like....what's the word on the Drone? Likes, dislikes???

I got 3/4 through that hard ass bottle and it's been sitting on my nightstand sans an attie since then

Will give it another shot once those MM bottles get here and will try it with an attie I like better than the Gaia

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got 3/4 through that hard ass bottle and it's been sitting on my nightstand sans an attie since then

Will give it another shot once those MM bottles get here and will try it with an attie I like better than the Gaia
The bottle is that bad?

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you all! It seems I'll pass on that one, wait for something else since now it seems everybody and their cousins got on the squonk band wagon.

VU Sponsors