Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
d9fe7995a88ed2b2e0743a5f9214a761.jpg

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

that's series? Was thinking those were parallel. If so my interest has increased 10 fold. Still can't afford one but my interest is piqued

anyone try out that Plug-In from NoName? Worth buying a clone of it?

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
that's series? Was thinking those were parallel. If so my interest has increased 10 fold. Still can't afford one but my interest is piqued

yep

you might be thinking of CCII, which is same shape in metal and parallel

nutpunch is 8.4v

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Huge difference.

Stock REO suffers massive voltage drop. You can get around it a bit with Corey contacts, including replacing the spring with a solid silver bolt.

Battery sag plays in too. Particularly at low ohms. So a parallel mod at 0.2 will hit harder than a single cell at 0.2. Despite both theoretically being 4.2v.

Under a 20 amp load most all GOOD 18650's will drop to close to 3.7 volts.
So the wattage you calculate at 4.2 volts is wrong.
The real 30 amp CDR batteries do not drop as much.
And as the top end voltage in the battery drops with use so does the under load voltage.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sonar505 makes series mosfet too. StudioVape is almost finished a batch too. Most of the mech benefits with less maintenance

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Under a 20 amp load most all GOOD 18650's will drop to close to 3.7 volts.
So the wattage you calculate at 4.2 volts is wrong.
The real 30 amp CDR batteries do not drop as much.
And as the top end voltage in the battery drops with use so does the under load voltage.
Was that directed at me? Or the guy looking for mechs? If me, well derr no shit. If not, why quote me?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was that directed at me? Or the guy looking for mechs? If me, well derr no shit. If not, why quote me?

Not directed at you. Sorry was just commenting on battery voltage sag and wattage calculations.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not directed at you. Sorry was just commenting on battery voltage sag and wattage calculations.

ok

hb6 1500 mah, 30amp sag less

but parallel sags less again, since what would draw 20amp on one cell only draws 10*amp on each

*but in reality, prolly more like 7 on one and 13 on the other

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use mechs 99% of the time and I build around 1 ohm using 28 gauge. A single battery would last me around 60-70% of my squonking bottle (10 mls) before I start getting annoyed with the quality of the vape.

When I decide to take a mech out with me for the day (which is not very often), I use a 0.4Ω - 0.5Ω build. WIth a good battery, provided I don't chain vape, it lasts me 6 to 8 hours. If I keep the mod to vape at home, I use a 0.2Ω build: then it hits like a freight train, but it barely lasts the evening - which is just as well, because the atomizer and the mod get almost too hot to touch in a hurry :)

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I measure my battery voltage in squonk bottle volume lol...
I know that my battery will be exactly 3.7 when it's empty, so a single 18650 gets me through the full volume of a supersoft and the vape quality isn't bad toward the end at all.
That's a .5 build, single strand 24g SS316L.
The orca, she's a beast :D

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I recently purchased a Sonar mech box he built for someone else..its a birdseye maple on the sides with a leopard wood in the center...I need to talk to Sonar about building me a matching squonker..should be a fun couple to play with.:)....Im gonna keep it mosfet to keep it matched internally..A personal custom squonker will also be talked about...Heres the Parallel mech box i bought recently from a VU member and built by Sonar.
20170503_213128.jpg

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I measure my battery voltage in squonk bottle volume lol...
I know that my battery will be exactly 3.7 when it's empty, so a single 18650 gets me through the full volume of a supersoft and the vape quality isn't bad toward the end at all.
That's a .5 build, single strand 24g SS316L.
The orca, she's a beast :D

:inlove:

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Flavor Apprentice is TFA
FlavourArt is FA
That's true, but can be confusing...

"Fa/PA/TPA/TFA – The Perfumer’s Apprentice/The Flavor Apprentice (TFA is now being sold as Fa)"

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/rps-master-list-of-diy-flavor-supplier-abbreviations.38743/

I'm not saying that list is up to date or correct. After all, it has Flavorah as FLH while Flavorah uses FLV on it's website. Could FLA be Flavorah too?

Hmmm....

All I know is the recipe JL was kind enough to provide, mixed with the FA Marshmallow is good vaping today. It might be even better in a week or so.

Ron
---
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."-Hedley Lamarr

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
E8 kompakt in the classifieds check it out

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No battery issue at all - I got this because I have another, and love it.

So far - bottles are kinda awesome, first try - and I think I left the o-ring out by accident...

I love the feel of the delrin mod, the size, etc.

It's secondhand - and the 510 is a bit depressed - most of my atties won't reach.
I took it apart and re-assembled and there doesn't seem to be any way to raise it further - anybody know a trick with this style 510?

upload_2017-5-6_17-45-39.png
(handy google pic - same 510 exactly.

I was looking at that one earlier..let us know how it works.

Any evidence of the battery contact destroying the battery wrapper like on a frankenskull?

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just realized - were you looking at the clone Galactika Hidra?
Cuz that's a different model - haven't seen a real one, or the clone...this is a Vega - different shape.

I'm curious about the Hidra...

I was looking at that one earlier..let us know how it works.

Any evidence of the battery contact destroying the battery wrapper like on a frankenskull?

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No battery issue at all - I got this because I have another, and love it.

So far - bottles are kinda awesome, first try - and I think I left the o-ring out by accident...

I love the feel of the delrin mod, the size, etc.

It's secondhand - and the 510 is a bit depressed - most of my atties won't reach.
I took it apart and re-assembled and there doesn't seem to be any way to raise it further - anybody know a trick with this style 510?

View attachment 81448
(handy google pic - same 510 exactly.

Is the spring in the 510 saggy? Like, any play in the pin when there's nothing attached?
I ran too much power through a FDV V4 and the spring lost most of its boing, I suppose if someone cranked down an atty with too much pin it would maybe affect the spring as well.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I had a Galactika and they are amazing mods, didn't murder my wraps either. Great mod for sure!
d2b8346b9860e13f352625830784646d.jpg

26838b44b1bf8ae9c813135078d02ab2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a real struggle to maintain my status as a responsible adult when you were selling that one - it was pure torture

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Unless I'm totally missing how this thing works, there isn't a spring...
I'm thinking it's not self-adjusting, and I'm kinda thinking I might need a new pin and/or insulator.
upload_2017-5-6_18-36-45.png
This place sells 'em - but it's impossible (let alone expensive) to order - they have no "state" field for a U.S. address, lol.

Is the spring in the 510 saggy? Like, any play in the pin when there's nothing attached?
I ran too much power through a FDV V4 and the spring lost most of its boing, I suppose if someone cranked down an atty with too much pin it would maybe affect the spring as well.

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unless I'm totally missing how this thing works, there isn't a spring...
I'm thinking it's not self-adjusting, and I'm kinda thinking I might need a new pin and/or insulator.
View attachment 81449
This place sells 'em - but it's impossible (let alone expensive) to order - they have no "state" field for a U.S. address, lol.

Ah, in THAT case, you could likely retrofit a varitube 510 into it, that's the only one I can think of that's readily available and has a threaded pin...

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FDV V3, I'm 99% sure, but it has a bf kit that needs to be added... also a FDV part.
Explains the leaking. o_O

Arggggg, he sells upgraded ones that people are saying don't leak. They also have a bit that spins around so that it doesn't auto fire in a pocket. Plus I have a choice between copper or silver!

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Arggggg, he sells upgraded ones that people are saying don't leak. They also have a bit that spins around so that it doesn't auto fire in a pocket. Plus I have a choice between copper or silver!

I see there's a silver one that goes for like 60 euro... the brass is 20 ish?
I'm sure you could tweak the o-rings or something in the FDV you currently have, but it's been a long time since I've held one so I can't recall how.
Big help, this guy lol

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I see there's a silver one that goes for like 60 euro... the brass is 20 ish?
I'm sure you could tweak the o-rings or something in the FDV you currently have, but it's been a long time since I've held one so I can't recall how.
Big help, this guy lol

I'm thinking of just getting the upgraded one, I would live the ability to be able to turn it "on and off"

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just realized - were you looking at the clone Galactika Hidra?
Cuz that's a different model - haven't seen a real one, or the clone...this is a Vega - different shape.

I'm curious about the Hidra...
Yea that 3F clone..looks ok but wasnt sure if thats what you showed..looks the same.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That one's laid out different - Hidra has the squonk hole on the edge. Button and 510 look a little different...

That one I posted above is a used authentic "Vega" - more common box layout with a door-hole...
upload_2017-5-6_19-45-57.png
Yea that 3F clone..looks ok but wasnt sure if thats what you showed..looks the same.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Stock REO suffers massive voltage drop.

Find that even the clone Reos suffer a big "drop off" rate as well. I use what I call electrical grease, NoOx,Oxgard are two brand names off the top of my head. It only requires a little of this for aiding in connectivity. I even use it with the CopperVape mods I got. Do not want the firing 'leaf' spring arm wearing out too quickly from oxidation. So, i use the "grease" on a fairly regular basis as part of generally mainlining the mod. It only takes a minute every few weeks. :)

Something new is always around the corner which can halve resale pretty much overnight

Ah, but how we hold out on selling our beloved mechs. Not sure it matters that resell value is so quick to vanish.

I can mistreat my mechs or drop them all day long and not worry about wiring getting loose or chip getting busted..just give it the routine cleaning and you're good to go.

Here's why I think resell value vanishing doesn't matter. The pure and simple utility of mechs, and the durability.

mechs give a better vape.

Yep, extra added value to the value diminishing mech. * chuckles *

I think mechs are fiddly cause I'm constantly fucking around with my shit. Cause I like to.

And more value added. I don't exactly fiddle with mods too horribly much myself, do fiddle with the rda though. I've yet to get into building my own mechs, or that kind of stuff yet. Would probably do more fiddling with a mod once I do that.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
INteresting - a little fourteener, huh?
I was peeking at their "Trinity" - which looks like it's big brother, but only cuz I liked the OTHER cap - the white one.
Then I saw the deck...and slowed down, lol.

upload_2017-5-6_21-53-26.png

Speaking of Galactika, check out this little bugger I just nabbed! Matrix V2, one of the atties I chased like a greyhound but never caught until now.....

lJkzyc9.png

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
INteresting - a little fourteener, huh?
I was peeking at their "Trinity" - which looks like it's big brother, but only cuz I liked the OTHER cap - the white one.
Then I saw the deck...and slowed down, lol.

View attachment 81461

Will be my first 14 since I abandoned my cyclones, but I recently made a cherry box with the 16mm modmaker 510 recessed, so it's just begging for something small.

Oh, that deck.... yeahhhhh....
For the Matrix it's a perfect deck with no posts IMO, nice and simple, drains well and supposedly just pounds the flavor.

Bloop
5IIQ5Es.jpg

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hope it's what you hope - looks pretty good!!
:D

Will be my first 14 since I abandoned my cyclones, but I recently made a cherry box with the 16mm modmaker 510 recessed, so it's just begging for something small.

Oh, that deck.... yeahhhhh....
For the Matrix it's a perfect deck with no posts IMO, nice and simple, drains well and supposedly just pounds the flavor.

Bloop
5IIQ5Es.jpg

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hope it's what you hope - looks pretty good!!
:D

It flopped onto my radar awhile back and I was in the process of phasing out my Reos so I didn't see much use in chasing one down, but recently I've thought about getting a chalice or something similar when this came along. I want something for home that's for enjoyment, so it will be fun to play with.
Dafuq he said? Lol

Edit: holy shit, he needs more cotton in there o_O

Last edited:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It flopped onto my radar awhile back and I was in the process of phasing out my Reos so I didn't see much use in chasing one down, but recently I've thought about getting a chalice or something similar when this came along. I want something for home that's for enjoyment, so it will be fun to play with.
Dafuq he said? Lol

Edit: holy shit, he needs more cotton in there o_O
LOL I really, really like the Chalice 3. You'll know how busy work has been when I tell you I had the Chalice 2 for a whole week and haven't even cleaned it, much less put a coil in it!

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was like that with the Hellfire Fury.
Cuz it's 18mm - just perfect for the "deck" of a Reo Grand (like a Nuppin) and looks badass.

Couldn't find. Then I found two. Got both. LOL
In fact, I MIGHT end up parting with one if I have to fund getting italian bits n pieces for my new mod, above - or if I decide I need their other model, too.
:facepalm:
giphy.gif

fury1b.jpg

QUOTE="minimalsaint, post: 1721656, member: 66140"]It flopped onto my radar awhile back and I was in the process of phasing out my Reos so I didn't see much use in chasing one down, but recently I've thought about getting a chalice or something similar when this came along. I want something for home that's for enjoyment, so it will be fun to play with.
Dafuq he said? Lol[/QUOTE]

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cuz it's 18mm - just perfect for the "deck" of a Reo Grand (like a Nuppin) and looks badass.

In fact, I MIGHT end up parting with one if I have to fund getting italian bits n pieces for my new mod, above - or if I decide I need their other model, too.
giphy.gif

View attachment 81462

QUOTE="minimalsaint, post: 1721656, member: 66140"]It flopped onto my radar awhile back and I was in the process of phasing out my Reos so I didn't see much use in chasing one down, but recently I've thought about getting a chalice or something similar when this came along. I want something for home that's for enjoyment, so it will be fun to play with.
Dafuq he said? Lol
[/QUOTE]
Dibs on that one too! Please keep me in mind if you decide to part with it!

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
LOL I really, really like the Chalice 3. You'll know how busy work has been when I tell you I had the Chalice 2 for a whole week and haven't even cleaned it, much less put a coil in it!

Yeah, the chalice was always a bit too rich for my blood, but now that they can be found at reasonable cost they started to gain some appeal again. But I always loved the look of the matrix and that ultem tip finishes it perfectly!

giphy.gif

View attachment 81462

Dafuq he said? Lol
[/QUOTE]

The same seller has a fury and a no toy also, I thought about the NT for a hot minute but I'm not wild about it like I am for the matrix.

VU Sponsors