Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If that's a Hadaly, it's probably the Signature "chamelion" tip, here
They are awesome, but shipping from the UK is a bitch for a tip...so you'll want to go shopping and get more stuff.
:)

What drip tip is that? MUST have it!!!!!!

Got a SVA punto zero on the way from Fasttech, little toe dipped into the squonk hole. A dna squonk is up next if I enjoy a squonker as much as I think I will :vapemail:
I think that's a Signature drip tip... I can't remember the name of the company that makes them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If anyone is looking for a 18650 floris enclosure to build I have these parts left over, the 510 is a silver plated nano from moddogs, pick your door and button (unless you want more than one)
Thought I'd offer here first, will post elsewhere later.

gv6u1Ly.jpg

Damn! My Floris enclosure just hit customs in NYC!

Speaking of which, what silver sheet metal do you use for Otto Frei? Half hard??

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Most of my stuff is Alum or Delrin. But I'm diggin' these two.
2 more printed mods on the way - another 6ixty 7even, and a T3.
Then...I need another atty or two, lol.

View attachment 90345

I'm liking the alumide more than I thought I would, this print is solid and feels good. Different entirely from delrin, but doesn't feel cheap.
lwjYmKu.jpg

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah just make sure you have fine or do a multiple process of sanding them, just make sure to fine sand them for the smoothe touch

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had a similar experience with S.F. Express. Paid a few extra bucks for the express shipping and didn't see my package for almost 2 months.

Yeah,kinda throws "Express" out the window haha.I will never make that mistake again.

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What kind of texture feel does it have? Like smoothe minor grain feel? Because either know 3d printed textures are a bit tacky. And delrin is smoothe and resin... Is resin lol!
Shapeways has 2 different versions of alumide,unpolished and polished.I don't know how the unpolished feels,but my polished one is smooth,with just a very small bit of that grainy feel to it,which is barely noticeable unless your trying to feel it.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As these are finished, it feels kinda how it looks - lots of texture to it, not "rough" but certainly not smooth. Hard to explain....lol.
But as to heat - my mods don't get hot... I mean maybe a touch right under the atty, but not a concern - I've never seen a "scorch" on a wood mod, for instance.
I'm more concerned about a juice stain - I'm pretty careful, but juice will get on a mod...

Alumide hmm... Wonder how that material feels. I still like delrin because it's able to hold heat more ^~^

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As these are finished, it feels kinda how it looks - lots of texture to it, not "rough" but certainly not smooth. Hard to explain....lol.
But as to heat - my mods don't get hot... I mean maybe a touch right under the atty, but not a concern - I've never seen a "scorch" on a wood mod, for instance.
I'm more concerned about a juice stain - I'm pretty careful, but juice will get on a mod...

Yeah I traded for an alumide BMM Punk and it was stained up pretty. A little soak and scrub in dish soap and it's brand new looking.

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I read somewhere that alumide can shatter if dropped. Is that true? I am a very animated speaker and have been know to send objects flying while talking with them in my hands. That's how I broke my last dining room table (glass), with my phone....

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Well, looks like no TLF for me this weekend.... I was really looking forward to it. Especially when I got the email saying that it had been "delivered". My wife brought the package that was in our mailbox to me at work today. Upon inspecting the shipping label, turns out it was someone elses package and now who knows where mine actually is. I googled the name and adress on the package and got a phone number, called several times and no answer. Stopped by after work and knocked on their door. still no answer. I left their package on their doorstep. Hopefully if someone else got my package they will return it to the post office or deliver it.

This is 2 packages this month that have been lost. Took me from the 11th until the 23rd to finally get reimbursed by the post office for the first one. That package I would not have thrown a fit if there was no recourse. But now, I spent good money on that TLF and its lost too... I'm worried they will think I'm being dishonest. I told them I received someone else's package the same day mine was supposed to have been delivered. I'm thinking maybe I should have taken the package that was in my box back to them as opposed to delivering it myself after work. I dunno fingers crossed is all I can do at this point until Monday...

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, looks like no TLF for me this weekend.... I was really looking forward to it. Especially when I got the email saying that it had been "delivered". My wife brought the package that was in our mailbox to me at work today. Upon inspecting the shipping label, turns out it was someone elses package and now who knows where mine actually is. I googled the name and adress on the package and got a phone number, called several times and no answer. Stopped by after work and knocked on their door. still no answer. I left their package on their doorstep. Hopefully if someone else got my package they will return it to the post office or deliver it.

This is 2 packages this month that have been lost. Took me from the 11th until the 23rd to finally get reimbursed by the post office for the first one. That package I would not have thrown a fit if there was no recourse. But now, I spent good money on that TLF and its lost too... I'm worried they will think I'm being dishonest. I told them I received someone else's package the same day mine was supposed to have been delivered. I'm thinking maybe I should have taken the package that was in my box back to them as opposed to delivering it myself after work. I dunno fingers crossed is all I can do at this point until Monday...
Good vibes sent your way, hope you get you mod.

Wicked Gene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got a little vapemail today. I ordered 2 of the Zion clones ( brass and SS )off eBay Wednesday and got them today. I have to say that this is my new favorite squonk atty. Single coil, plenty of room for whatever build you like and 2 air flow slots to adjust to the airflow you desire. Comes with a delrin and ultem drip tip. Just the right blend of flavor and clouds I like. And they were only $16 each. I would def recommend
cc86920a65dba6fd9da62bc68c5e9673.jpg

f5b5e562ad5b2aeece7544a31abb76ff.jpg

c92ff46af904d3b37205398d9d1baf62.jpg

59fc98a63eb640895ce3a7a3f5b56ea6.jpg

52b5663904828d9c7610484c3b9b5c1b.jpg

c366e69fbf25e26628fe642d3809a34b.jpg

5d10dadc45a87a0e7959892aed24dd1d.jpg

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
What kind of texture feel does it have? Like smoothe minor grain feel? Because either know 3d printed textures are a bit tacky. And delrin is smoothe and resin... Is resin lol!
Yeah it's the polar opposite texture. That's why people like it though, good grip. Dont want too drop that mutherplukin $300 mod!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got a little vapemail today. I ordered 2 of the Zion clones ( brass and SS )off eBay Wednesday and got them today. I have to say that this is my new favorite squonk atty. Single coil, plenty of room for whatever build you like and 2 air flow slots to adjust to the airflow you desire. Comes with a delrin and ultem drip tip. Just the right blend of flavor and clouds I like. And they were only $16 each. I would def recommend
cc86920a65dba6fd9da62bc68c5e9673.jpg

f5b5e562ad5b2aeece7544a31abb76ff.jpg

c92ff46af904d3b37205398d9d1baf62.jpg

59fc98a63eb640895ce3a7a3f5b56ea6.jpg

52b5663904828d9c7610484c3b9b5c1b.jpg

c366e69fbf25e26628fe642d3809a34b.jpg

5d10dadc45a87a0e7959892aed24dd1d.jpg

Is that one of those mods with a movable post? You loosen the 510 pin and move the positive post to accommodate your built?

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, post are fixed and close together but plenty of room.
Here's a pic of the deck on the brass Zion
aaa7bf030d3d501c87b9fc9d7249b7b5.jpg

794c8d0c845bdd6c194e69833d34cb62.jpg

Thank you! So, does this mean you have the coil parallel with the posts and the air set to hit the coil at a 45 degree angle?

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, post are fixed and close together but plenty of room.
Here's a pic of the deck on the brass Zion
aaa7bf030d3d501c87b9fc9d7249b7b5.jpg

794c8d0c845bdd6c194e69833d34cb62.jpg

The guy that makes those was ranting on fb about the clones. Guess some where selling them as authentic. Can't say I blame him but...... Thinking about getting one myself.

Don't drip and drive SQUONK

Wicked Gene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you! So, does this mean you have the coil parallel with the posts and the air set to hit the coil at a 45 degree angle?

Yes, gives me just the vape I like. I used 4 strands of 28g SS twisted, 3.5 id, 5 wraps ohmed out at .19
It's warm but not hot, and just the right mix of flavor and vapor

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The guy that makes those was ranting on fb about the clones. Guess some where selling them as authentic. Can't say I blame him but...... Thinking about getting one myself.

You mean one of the authentics, right? Why get the $16 one when you can spend roughly for times as much on the authentic. Tho, I must admit, sometimes the authentics are better than the "styled" ones.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You mean one of the authentics, right? Why get the $16 one when you can spend roughly for times as much on the authentic. Tho, I must admit, sometimes the authentics are better than the "styled" ones.
Lol guess thats confusing yes the guy that makes the authentic ones.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Wicked Gene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yeah, I'll prob order an authentic cause I really like this atty. That's what I've done several times, grab a clone try it out and if it's something I like the get the authentic. I did the same with theArmageddon Apocolypse atty also. I know some don't like the clone issue, but it's a cheap way to try stuff out.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Zion looks interesting but I think it will have a bit more air than I like. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, the Nuppin is the one I favor for DL and I have to thank @The.Drifter for the opportunity to try it out. Most of you guys would think it doesn't have enough air, but for me at least, is just right. I wouldn't mind a couple more Nuppins in my stash along with a couple of Cyclone v1's. I saw a few Cyclone v1 for sale in the past weeks, but they were drilled out and I like them as they were so if any of you folks find one thrown in the back of a drawer and no longer getting much use, please let me know.

Last edited:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I'll prob order an authentic cause I really like this atty. That's what I've done several times, grab a clone try it out and if it's something I like the get the authentic. I did the same with theArmageddon Apocolypse atty also. I know some don't like the clone issue, but it's a cheap way to try stuff out.

I will totally agree with you there, we all have spent our money on the "next, best" authentic only to find out it really isn't what we liked. I adopted the same approach, get the clone and if I like it, get the authentic. Well, it's that and the opinions I find here from people who actually vape and aren't "professional" reviewers.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a dpro delrin version. Off a review and can't get it. Think it will go for sale. Watched review and said oh Yea single or double coil.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a dpro delrin version. Off a review and can't get it. Think it will go for sale. Watched review and said oh Yea single or double coil.

Looks kinda like the O-atty inside. Maybe a diagonal-ish 3.0 or 3.5 mm coil and that way the air would hit the coil at an angle?

Wicked Gene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I chatted with Mark today from Toaster Designs and another v3 list going up next weekend and allumide is available now. I will be ordering one of them. I just about pulled the trigger last time but managed to restrain myself until he had the allumide tested and ready.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Fastest place to get good mod parts? 510's, squonk bottles and anything else to build a squonk.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I checked broscience and they didn't have everything I needed. So I just ordered from ModMaker and waited it out. Shipping time wasn't all that bad. I wish they had tracking cause I don't recall how long it took. But I can say it wasn't horrible and got everything I needed in one checkout.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I checked broscience and they didn't have everything I needed. So I just ordered from ModMaker and waited it out. Shipping time wasn't all that bad. I wish they had tracking cause I don't recall how long it took. But I can say it wasn't horrible and got everything I needed in one checkout.

They have tracking - but you have to log into the account created to order to get it

@minimalsaint and moi got caught in a customs-from-hell scenario with them a few months back - we did eventually got our shit, but it was weeks after everyone else did

It was pure torture and interfered with my top-shelf squonking policy :mad:

With that said, would totally order from them again, but be aware it can turn into a wait very similar to China purchases :cloud:

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Funny, I didn't think to try that lol. I was just expecting it to be in my emails like some of the other places I've ordered.

Then there is the Aura coming from Heavens Gifts. They sent me a tracking number around a week ago but I can't find any place that it works on. Says shipping service used is US Express, but I've tried a number of dif sites and can't seem to find one that recognizes the number. Eh, I'll vape on whats here and figure it'll get here when it gets here. If it gets here... lol

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Funny, I didn't think to try that lol. I was just expecting it to be in my emails like some of the other places I've ordered.

They make it a real PITA - in all the emails they send you after purchase, there is one that directs you to the company that owns the MM company :wait: and then the hoops begin because you have to make a second account to access the parent company :crazy:

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They have tracking - but you have to log into the account created to order to get it

@minimalsaint and moi got caught in a customs-from-hell scenario with them a few months back - we did eventually got our shit, but it was weeks after everyone else did

It was pure torture and interfered with my top-shelf squonking policy :mad:

With that said, would totally order from them again, but be aware it can turn into a wait very similar to China purchases :cloud:

One of the things I miss the least is sweating bullets over a half-dozen international orders in transit at any given time.
It almost put a black cloud over your vegas trip as well! BOOOOO!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
One of the things I miss the least is sweating bullets over a half-dozen international orders in transit at any given time.
It almost put a black cloud over your vegas trip as well! BOOOOO!

My god, almost forgot about that part! Almost got stuck having to take gear that was several weeks old instead of shiny little pocket rockets for the waddley party queens !

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My god, almost forgot about that part! Almost got stuck having to take gear that was several weeks old instead of shiny little pocket rockets for the waddley party queens !

However, being the celestially-upstanding humans we are, karma threw us a bone and the ladies hit the town with just a *touch more class :inlove:

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So i got my SQ sqounk today but im not a happy camper. One of the doors showed up with scratches and gouges in it...
vmdV5QZ.jpg

VU Sponsors