Squonkers are Bonkers

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So i got my SQ sqounk today but im not a happy camper. One of the doors showed up with scratches and gouges in it...
vmdV5QZ.jpg

What a pisser!

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What a pisser!
Yeah, i was in contact with one of the employees before my order showed up becuase i had 2 seperate orders that they shipped together. I hope they can make it right.

On top of that, the Signature Hadley tip i ordered in Black ice, the acrylic isnt even polished out. Its a rough texture. Thats a easy fix i suppose. I can get some polish and give her a rub....

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Funny, I didn't think to try that lol. I was just expecting it to be in my emails like some of the other places I've ordered.

Then there is the Aura coming from Heavens Gifts. They sent me a tracking number around a week ago but I can't find any place that it works on. Says shipping service used is US Express, but I've tried a number of dif sites and can't seem to find one that recognizes the number. Eh, I'll vape on whats here and figure it'll get here when it gets here. If it gets here... lol
Yeah I ordered from them and it's because it's being shipped from Asia.. Then lands on us. So give it about couple days.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, i was in contact with one of the employees before my order showed up becuase i had 2 seperate orders that they shipped together. I hope they can make it right.

On top of that, the Signature Hadley tip i ordered in Black ice, the acrylic isnt even polished out. Its a rough texture. Thats a easy fix i suppose. I can get some polish and give her a rub....

Yeah, but when you spend that kind of coin on a drip tip - plus full price international shipping - I expect perfection, not sloppy seconds like something for a $1.19 from FastTech

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone know of a vendor who has the ultem top caps for the Hadley at a decent price?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Psyclone has the stubbies in stock - I like mine

Wasn't sure I'd dig the built in dt but it's just fineView attachment 90387
Juice, I found one on a Polish website, the top cap had holes drilled below the drip tip. Have you seen that cap? The holes were large, nothing to restrict airflow, but it would surely prevent spitback.

You get any spitback from the shorty?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Juice, I found one on a Polish website, the top cap had holes drilled below the drip tip. Have you seen that cap? The holes were large, nothing to restrict airflow, but it would surely prevent spitback.

You get any spitback from the shorty?

Never - but I keep my builds in it to about .8 ohms and only use it on mechs

I know some of those European modders are making some excellent slam caps though, but I haven't bought any - yet anyways, lol

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I know some of those European modders are making some excellent slam caps though, but I haven't bought any - yet anyways, lol
Thanks for the info, will get that shorty. Damn, we're in the wrong business...there is a LOT of money to be made in Ultem...some of the pricing is just short of robbery....:crazy:

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, but when you spend that kind of coin on a drip tip - plus full price international shipping - I expect perfection, not sloppy seconds like something for a $1.19 from FastTech
Yeah i totally agree. This drip tip was pricey. I messaged the guy from Signature and he said he would get me out a new set of doors and tip this week. So atleast there willing to make it right. I just hope this time they are up to standards...

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My fave new Hadaly cap is this different shaped Delrin one.
h1.jpg

Pricing not bad...but...international shipping.
If you were getting a few it might make sense.
They HAD the "Vikset" caps which are real popular, so I got one. Meh. I don't get the "ring around" look...but I wanted an Ultem, so I have one.

upload_2017-8-27_7-24-9.png

Thanks for the info, will get that shorty. Damn, we're in the wrong business...there is a LOT of money to be made in Ultem...some of the pricing is just short of robbery....:crazy:

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Funny, I didn't think to try that lol. I was just expecting it to be in my emails like some of the other places I've ordered.

Then there is the Aura coming from Heavens Gifts. They sent me a tracking number around a week ago but I can't find any place that it works on. Says shipping service used is US Express, but I've tried a number of dif sites and can't seem to find one that recognizes the number. Eh, I'll vape on whats here and figure it'll get here when it gets here. If it gets here... lol
Have you tracked down your mod?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sooo... I'm ordering an HCigar Inbox today. Gift from hubby. Need advice on a good, hopefully not too expensive, atty to go on it. Preferably larger than 22mm, but I'm flexible on that, too. Not too difficult to build on. I normally run somewhere between 50-70w, DL. Any ideas?

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
pulse 24 pops to mind. easy to build, airways not that bad, if want more direct airflow, the pulse 22 be best. has more flavor imo

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sooo... I'm ordering an HCigar Inbox today. Gift from hubby. Need advice on a good, hopefully not too expensive, atty to go on it. Preferably larger than 22mm, but I'm flexible on that, too. Not too difficult to build on. I normally run somewhere between 50-70w, DL. Any ideas?

I really like the Flave RDA from Alliance Tech. Can get them pretty cheaply off the China sites, its single coil though. For the love of God, if they made a Black one, I'd snatch up a few lol..well I own 2 already, but I'd snatch up a few more!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Druga from Augvape comes to mind - and easy to get in the US at a decent price

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Druga from Augvape comes to mind - and easy to get in the US at a decent price
Haven't stopped using mine since the day I got it! I am thinking about getting a pulse 24 as well though.
Dang my coils need to be cleaned! Lol
e5e86109c2bae27be6647d92ae33d1a7.jpg
6d12f80032d4f0ceba0b621ec65f8074.jpg

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
So can I ask just one more dumb question... Can someone list what's needed to complete a 20700 toaster mod? I mean all I can think of is contact and 510? Well obviously a squonk bottle.

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Haven't stopped using mine since the day I got it! I am thinking about getting a pulse 24 as well though.
Dang my coils need to be cleaned! Lol
e5e86109c2bae27be6647d92ae33d1a7.jpg
6d12f80032d4f0ceba0b621ec65f8074.jpg

Was thinking about pulse 24..all my atty builds are either 2.5-3mm want to 0ut a huge one inside like 4mm single coil! Lmao!!

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So can I ask just one more dumb question... Can someone list what's needed to complete a 20700 toaster mod? I mean all I can think of is contact and 510? Well obviously a squonk bottle.

For mechs yup pretty much, 510 squonk, squonk bottle, either silver or copper contact, a battery lol. That's pretty much it. It's only when you want to make it regulated is when you need more parts lol

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Was thinking about pulse 24..all my atty builds are either 2.5-3mm want to 0ut a huge one inside like 4mm single coil! Lmao!!

The Druga can accommodate just about anything, is super-easy to build on, comes with three DT options and is a work of art for a low price

(Not against the pulse at all - don't have one, but do know the Druga fairly well...)

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

That is all.

Do lots of research on contact materials. There is no one best to use, and many debates rage on what is best.

Frequency of maintenance is the downside to BeCu.
Lack of springiness of pure silver is it's shortfall.
Sterling silver will need just as much maintenance as copper IME.

Either BeCu copper if you want spring, or pure fine silver if you want to avoid maintenance IMO. But in the time it takes me to type this, 3 others may have posted different

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
For mechs yup pretty much, 510 squonk, squonk bottle, either silver or copper contact, a battery lol. That's pretty much it. It's only when you want to make it regulated is when you need more parts lol
Yeah I don't like regulation of any kind! Lol jk

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
oh, and be sure to anneal your contacts

just heat over gas stove and drop into cold water is easiest, scribble sharpie on it prior, when the sharpie vanishes it is hot enough

just prevents snapping

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
That is all.

Do lots of research on contact materials. There is no one best to use, and many debates rage on what is best.

Frequency of maintenance is the downside to BeCu.
Lack of springiness of pure silver is it's shortfall.
Sterling silver will need just as much maintenance as copper IME.

Either BeCu copper if you want spring, or pure fine silver if you want to avoid maintenance IMO. But in the time it takes me to type this, 3 others may have posted different

Thanks, I was definitely go g to get pure silver but it sounds like your saying the only advantage is Maintenance? So there's no conductive benefits? Voltage drop blah blah... however you'd word it.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks, I was definitely go g to get pure silver but it sounds like your saying the only advantage is Maintenance? So there's no conductive benefits? Voltage drop blah blah... however you'd word it.

Copper, sterling, and fine silver are all within a bees dick of each other. Google conductivity graphs, the difference is about 3 decimal points needed to express it in standard measurements

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Copper, sterling, and fine silver are all within a bees dick of each other. Google conductivity graphs, the difference is about 3 decimal points needed to express it in standard measurements

Silver just sounds better in advertising lol

Don't drip and drive SQUONK
Just like gold plated decks how much gold are they going to put in a 30 dallar atty

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Silver just sounds better in advertising lol

Don't drip and drive SQUONK
Yep.

Getting the best batteries makes far more difference. Or running parallel batteries.

Check mooch graphs for the visual of batteries under load. Good battery vs lg brown can be the difference between 3.3 and 3.5 volts to the coil

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Yep.

Getting the best batteries makes far more difference. Or running parallel batteries.

Check mooch graphs for the visual of batteries under load. Good battery vs lg brown can be the difference between 3.3 and 3.5 volts to the coil

I'm getting the 20700 so I don't have a ton of battery options lol. I do have 2 brand new ijoy's though.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was gonna say Pulse24 (though I only have a 22) or a Goon, or a recent fave, the Gorge.
Gorge is VERY similar to Flave, but it's like $25 "authentic" and comes with 2 caps.
I might have to go check out a Druga...

SoCal, you might try a Gorge - they have a black one...

I really like the Flave RDA from Alliance Tech. Can get them pretty cheaply off the China sites, its single coil though. For the love of God, if they made a Black one, I'd snatch up a few lol..well I own 2 already, but I'd snatch up a few more!

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Have you tracked down your mod?

Nope, either someone else got it, considering I got someone else's package instead of my own, and they are going to take it back to the post office or keep it who knows. I didn't have a stranger deliver a package to my house like I did with the package I received. The post master is supposed to call me on Monday so we shall see what they say. All I can do at this point is cross my fingers and hope my package landed in a decent human beings hands.

They never were able to locate the last package that was "delivered" that I have not received. I'm wondering if whomever is on my route is not a vapor lol. Won't be able to try and meet them though until after I hire someone to work a couple days at work. Currently working Mon-Fri 730-530 and Sat 730-300.

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I like the Gorge, not as much as the nano, but it's a good vape. I got the black one and it also came with an ultem cap and driptip. That's how I've been using it. I really like the ultem stuff cause it stays cool to the touch.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I

SoCal, you might try a Gorge - they have a black one...

Yeah I should...I'd probably still not purchase the Black one lol...irks me the deck is SS and then the cap.

Think I am done 'til some RDA comes out and just wows me...Flave hits most of my vaping points, plus I have a bunch of RDAs as it is and only 2 finished squonkers ( Mollys ) and Orca in route lol... 2 Flaves for the 70w'ish vape and the Armor for the 40w'ish vape... then the ones I have for my tubes which I vape pretty rowdy on...Taboo to many how I vape my tubes, truly.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
svapobar authentic squappy bottle-ordered 8-8, finally got a tracking number after begging, shipped 8-8 and no sign of it

3fvape square silicone bottle, ordered 8-8, shipped 14-8 [or 8-14 for murikans] tracking says will come today

houndb

Member For 4 Years
Do
That mod is ILL. Love it! Please tell me more about it.
DogMan name the maker of that mod. I had forgot who made it. It's all cooper and the button on the bottom is the switch. It's a bottom feed 18650. It's nice when I shine it up. I still have to do that.i am not sure how many were made mine is 008.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do

DogMan name the maker of that mod. I had forgot who made it. It's all cooper and the button on the bottom is the switch. It's a bottom feed 18650. It's nice when I shine it up. I still have to do that.i am not sure how many were made mine is 008.

rossco, think he traded as Apex customs? or similar, don't remember

he was an E C F modder, all went pear shaped around when deeming regs hit

VU Sponsors