Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Thanks folks. Sounds like hopes of getting something similar is out. Not sure I'd like to deal with the copper anyways. But they sure are super neat to look at! I've always been fascinated by steampunk and the like. Haven't got into it much personally but the style makes some awesome photos!

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I wish there was a list of squonk mods pinned somewhere. Preferably with pics lol
I was going to get a toaster mod but then I came into some money and I'm wondering if I should just get a mod I really like. Really wish that 5 star mods guy would put up the 20700 because I really like the idea of putting my own logos and text on my mod.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What drip tip is that? MUST have it!!!!!!

Got a SVA punto zero on the way from Fasttech, little toe dipped into the squonk hole. A dna squonk is up next if I enjoy a squonker as much as I think I will :vapemail:

Yup, that's the Signature Tips Hadaly Chameleon in carbon fiber (also fits the Soul S)
Pricy little buggers. I usually buy two at a time when I have some mad money, so ends up being roughly $48 with shipping after the pounds to dollars conversion, Ultem & Carbon Fiber ones are a little more.
$24 a tip is a bit steep but they are so worth it. Love em.

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, i was in contact with one of the employees before my order showed up becuase i had 2 seperate orders that they shipped together. I hope they can make it right.

On top of that, the Signature Hadley tip i ordered in Black ice, the acrylic isnt even polished out. Its a rough texture. Thats a easy fix i suppose. I can get some polish and give her a rub....

Duuude. Bummer about your stuff from Signature. They are super nice they should take care of you. They even take my 'requests' for the marbled colored ones (i.e.: I'd prefer more green than brown etc)

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah I should...I'd probably still not purchase the Black one lol...irks me the deck is SS and then the cap.

Think I am done 'til some RDA comes out and just wows me...Flave hits most of my vaping points, plus I have a bunch of RDAs as it is and only 2 finished squonkers ( Mollys ) and Orca in route lol... 2 Flaves for the 70w'ish vape and the Armor for the 40w'ish vape... then the ones I have for my tubes which I vape pretty rowdy on...Taboo to many how I vape my tubes, truly.

I'm excited to try The Flave finally. I'm going to order the tank version on the Squonk 'Merica AllianceTech group buy when Scott comes back from vacation. An RTA and bf pin is a bit redundant but should be kinda interesting. I love the look of it.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The one not on the mod is actually a prototype from pdib. That is why there is nubs on it. He was going to go with that instead of the smooth top that he went with.
I am not a Nuppin aficionado by any means, in fact I'm new to the Nuppinatia. I got the first one from @The.Drifter and cought the bug really bad. I use a squonk mod 99% of the time and three of the four have a Nuppin on top. I have two other mods on order, I would love to top them with Nuppin so, again, should you decide to part with one (or more), please let me know.

Last edited:

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am not a Nuppin aficionado by any means, in fact I'm new to the Nuppinatia. I got the first one from @The.Drifter and cough the bug really bad. I use a squonk mod 99% of the time and three of the four have a Nuppin on top. I have two other mods on order, I would love to top them with Nuppin so, again, should you decide to part with one (or more), please let me know.

"Nuppinatia"

Fcukin HOT.
I love when she does that.
:sneaka:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm short on time and energy and have tons of shit to do so am desperately seeking advice.

Do I start the laundry, clean the cat box, water the plants, etc. or dry fire and rewick my coils instead?

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm short on time and energy and have tons of shit to do so am desperately seeking advice.

Do I start the laundry, clean the cat box, water the plants, etc. or dry fire and rewick my coils instead?
The way I see it, you'll need to stop, catch your breath (vape) while doing all those other things so you NEED your vaping gear in top shape. Therefore, coils, wicks first, the rest to follow!

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The way I see it, you'll need to stop, catch your breath (vape) while doing all those other things so you NEED your vaping gear in top shape. Therefore, coils, wicks first, the rest to follow!

That was my idea except I suggested litter box first cause it makes dust and it's kinda gross so you def don't need your vape or even want to handle directly after that lol.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That was my idea except I suggested litter box first cause it makes dust and it's kinda gross so you def don't need your vape or even want to handle directly after that lol.
Not having to deal with that aspect of cat ownership, I am unaware of it's propensity of emanating obnoxious residue!

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well. Guys bought myself a first regulated squonker! For my pulse 22 at. 5ohms at 50w soft hit, it's delicious!! But. Now I have an issue.... I want another squonk atty =_= shits Lol! Pulse 24 I was thinking but meh the airflow tubes are too far away unless I do what I want to do build with a 4-4.5 mm wrap! Muahahahahhahah lol
b469022a2aa2af1e3133535652436a72.jpg

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well. Guys bought myself a first regulated squonker! For my pulse 22 at. 5ohms at 50w soft hit, it's delicious!! But. Now I have an issue.... I want another squonk atty =_= shits Lol! Pulse 24 I was thinking but meh the airflow tubes are too far away unless I do what I want to do build with a 4-4.5 mm wrap! Muahahahahhahah lol
I'd say get a Theriot BF. I have two now, use them every day. My Wraith decided to act wonky after 4 months of daily use.

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd say get a Theriot BF. I have two now, use them every day. My Wraith decided to act wonky after 4 months of daily use.
Meh we'll see. If it does start wonky. I'll fix it up lol Therion I'll wait once it gets on sale Lmao!

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't think they're making it anymore, classifieds are the only place I've seen them lately, or e bay ($135). It would be interesting to see if you can fit a DNA board in the Wraith.
Bruh lol! I'll get it to work somehow! And yeah was wondering... Did they went bust after the wraith?

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Duel coil I can suggest Dead Rabbit. If you want single coil I suggest the wasp nano. I like the price on those two and the vape. There are so many options though. Time to start watching some reviews ;)

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not the original 75...but the Therion 75C is soon to be released
e766f2021850b06b3a60c702381295a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If i ever get a high end squonk mod it be those. For those kind of price I would go look at car parts lol! But that would be the last mod I would ever spend ^w^! And yeah if I do get a dual atty or a combo of it. Maybe the mesh rda since you can do all 3 kind of builds but idk abiut the airflow of it.

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Not having to deal with that aspect of cat ownership, I am unaware of it's propensity of emanating obnoxious residue!

When I bought my house it came with a cat. I'm def not a cat person. My wife laughs cause when I change the litter box, I wear a dust mask and some rubber gloves. After, I immediately take a shower. This is coming from someone that used to get into dry cow patty wars with his brothers. Dunno why, cats just gross me out. With the hairballs, and the wanting to rub their butts in your face. Some people prob feel the same way about the slobber from my dogs lol. It doesn't bother me one bit. In my house slobber is both a house decoration and a fashion statement.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If i ever get a high end squonk mod it be those. For those kind of price I would go look at car parts lol! But that would be the last mod I would ever spend ^w^! And yeah if I do get a dual atty or a combo of it. Maybe the mesh rda since you can do all 3 kind of builds but idk abiut the airflow of it.
I'll let you know about the air flow in the Mesh....sometimes before Christmas. It is supposed to be released early September, then shipping from China. ...

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll let you know about the air flow in the Mesh....sometimes before Christmas. It is supposed to be released early September, then shipping from China. ...
0pease do because atm for a bigger squonk only atty atm is the pulse 24. But if mesh rda is something smoothe and flavorful I'll grab it instead!

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Saw this too late luv, but my suggestion would've been:
1. Coffee & Water Plants
2. Coil Maintenance
3. Laundry (while..
4. ...checking Fasttech eCig section by 'date listed')
5. Litter Box
6. Nice hot shower
7. Stupid movie you only need to halfway watch while folding laundry
8. Catching up on the Forums, Vape Deals, Fasttech 'date listed' etc..
9. Zzzzzzzzzz
*REPEAT*

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
0pease do because atm for a bigger squonk only atty atm is the pulse 24. But if mesh rda is something smoothe and flavorful I'll grab it instead!

If you like a lot of airflow, Goon 1.5 (with bf pin included) & Apocalypse Gen2 (bf pin extra) are killer diller. My daily drivers. In the $50-$60 range ...butttt also readily available in the crappy clone variety too if you'd prefer car parts!
; )

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My Floris box arrived today and now I just need to get some silver sheet for contacts. Darth Vaper and a Stormvooper anyone?
3945a33da951cd52d7a38ef7f9d0c518.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mine arrived also, just waiting on some micro mesh to polish it up some...little disappointed with it though...bought the 20700 version and I think it was turned a bit much to accommodate the 20700s...I mean I can remedy it...simple quick passes of paint on the inside...but yeah...sucky.

c304eb5e771b168d2f1aaf3ee8a212c7.jpg

Either way it will be done and vaping in a few days...everything is here but the micro mesh to make it look shiny.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine arrived also, just waiting on some micro mesh to polish it up some...little disappointed with it though...bought the 20700 version and I think it was turned a bit much to accommodate the 20700s...I mean I can remedy it...simple quick passes of paint on the inside...but yeah...sucky.

c304eb5e771b168d2f1aaf3ee8a212c7.jpg

Either way it will be done and vaping in a few days...everything is here but the micro mesh to make it look shiny.

Sorry to hear about your enclosure. Do you think it needed to be deeper to accommodate the battery?

Might I ask where you picked up the micro mesh?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry to hear about your enclosure. Do you think it needed to be deeper to accommodate the battery?

Might I ask where you picked up the micro mesh?

Oh, I am pretty sure it needed to be turned as far as it was to accommodate the 20700/21700 batteries...but none of the pictures illustrated how much had to be turned...would of opted for the 18650...but I know a few passes of white paint will remedy it...just don't believe I should have ;)

And on Amazon ;) Totally forgot about needing them til last night and ordered them...should be here tomorrow Wednesday at the latest.

Now I have to find the masking tape, not going to paint the whole inside...just the part that shows the transparency lol

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, I am pretty sure it needed to be turned as far as it was to accommodate the 20700/21700 batteries...but none of the pictures illustrated how much had to be turned...would of opted for the 18650...but I know a few passes of white paint will remedy it...just don't believe I should have ;)

And on Amazon ;) Totally forgot about needing them til last night and ordered them...should be here tomorrow Wednesday at the latest.

Now I have to find the masking tape, not going to paint the whole inside...just the part that shows the transparency lol

Good luck! Would love to see how she turns out.

I'll look for that micro mesh. Not sure if I want to leave it raw or not. I kind of like the feel of it as is but polished looks amazing!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good luck! Would love to see how she turns out.

I'll look for that micro mesh. Not sure if I want to leave it raw or not. I kind of like the feel of it as is but polished looks amazing!

yeah looks good rough, I also wanted it for my Molly's to shine up some...Not that they are rough finished like the Orca...but little fine scratches over time...

Now the debate...Copper or Silver...have both lol...Probably go with copper and shrink wrap the majority of it, and also debating on making it similar to the molly in how the contacts are attached ( Bolted on ) Have the extra m2.5 screws and nuts to do so...just need to counter sink holes on the button side.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been trying to get them to make me a blk 20700 box. So far no answer back

I guess I haven't really done enough research into the whole 2x700 battery thing yet. Is it higher amp limits and capacity that's driving everyone to these? I'm pretty happy with my 18650s for the time being but maybe only because I haven't tried the big boys yet.

I'll be waiting on the Entheon to be released in a couple weeks before I put anything on my new Orca...

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been trying to get them to make me a blk 20700 box. So far no answer back

Wow...he replied to my email within a few hours... I know when I purchased my 2x700 on the 12th or 14th... there were 18 black ones... Could get a white one and dye it any color you want truly.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I guess I haven't really done enough research into the whole 2x700 battery thing yet. Is it higher amp limits and capacity that's driving everyone to these? I'm pretty happy with my 18650s for the time being but maybe only because I haven't tried the big boys yet.

I'll be waiting on the Entheon to be released in a couple weeks before I put anything on my new Orca...

I just wanted one...on my 18650 mech tubes I vape in Taboo Land on 5As with no worry...but on my squonks, more modest .18-.3 depending on the RDA

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just wanted one...on my 18650 mech tubes I vape in Taboo Land on 5As with no worry...but on my squonks, more modest .18-.3 depending on the RDA

It's funny, I've found that since I've switched to single coil flavor oriented RDAs my builds can be much higher than I used to enjoy. My normal build was a dual coil .15-.17 before and now I'm normally around .35 give or take.
The small chambered drippers make for a nice, hot, flavorful vape with very little ramp up all while saving on battery life. It's like a win win win win situation!

VU Sponsors