Squonkers are Bonkers

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
It's funny, I've found that since I've switched to single coil flavor oriented RDAs my builds can be much higher than I used to enjoy. My normal build was a dual coil .15-.17 before and now I'm normally around .35 give or take.
The small chambered drippers make for a nice, hot, flavorful vape with very little ramp up all while saving on battery life. It's like a win win win win situation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Have you tried the Odis 16 yet?

Flippin' outrageous

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thir13en mech showed up from Malysya. Didn't think i would like the color because it was brown but its more of a bronze color. Actually really gorgeous in person. Pics dont do the color justice. Plus the black door and button make it look better imo. Like the two tone. This thing has a super nice feel in the hand, im in love and have not even put a atty on it yet or fired it. Ill get to that later tonight when i have plenty of time. Cant rush these things...

Here she is in all her glory.....

5Vcd6tf.jpg

fBWjmES.jpg

s5Pntf1.jpg

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I seem to remember it too! Maybe that red plastic wrap?
How do you like the BAM?

it is good

sick of vaping in general though, smoking was easier and cheaper

1kg of under-the-counter tax free dodgily imported tobacco once a month for $80 vs vaping. All the bullshit rebuilding and buying and selling malarky :(

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
it is good

1kg of under-the-counter tax free dodgily imported tobacco once a month for $80 vs vaping. All the bullshit rebuilding and buying and selling malarky :(

Well if you are tired of all those gorgeous squonkers and outstanding toppers, you know where I live :wave:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
it is good

I actually enjoyed smoking, it was the morning cough that got to me.....well, that and the $75/carton price tag! I'm almost breaking even now I'm pretty settled on the Nuppins (still need a few but I can wait) and a new squonk mod now and again.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's the one, I was tempted to snag it this weekend since I was in his town but decided not to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

funny, i just gave my CCII away to a mate

he said he won't use it, but he'll donate it to a raffle or something

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well if you are tired of all those gorgeous squonkers and outstanding toppers, you know where I live :wave:

i never have many

always at least one goes out when i buy one

2 dually tmods, a bronze tmod, and BAM is my whole current collection

3 stumpies [2 auth, 1 clone] 2 mulciber clones, 1 chinarda

i think that is it

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I still live with a smoker - it greatly tempers any fond remanences about the ease and relaxing aspects of cigarettes o_O

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i live with a smoker too

she's in hospital ATM, pneumonia and a little stroke

love the smell, even stale smoke left in fabrics etc

I'm the opposite, loved smoking but loathed the smell of it on myself and clothes! Nothing worse then coming inside after being outside in sub zero weather and smelling in your jacket and hands.

I was also a huge cigar fan, I'm constantly tempted to have one but fight it for fear of it turning me back on to smoking.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
i live with a smoker too

she's in hospital ATM, pneumonia and a little stroke

love the smell, even stale smoke left in fabrics etc

Yeah, there is some no smoking motivation - mine has had three strokes in 10 months time the second one was the worst and he's damn lucky it wasn't fatal. At my wits end about it :(

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm the opposite, loved smoking but loathed the smell of it on myself and clothes! Nothing worse then coming inside after being outside in sub zero weather and smelling in your jacket and hands.

I was also a huge cigar fan, I'm constantly tempted to have one but fight it for fear of it turning me back on to smoking.
Still have a full box of Hoyo de Monterey double coronas maduros in the humidor.......

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still have a full box of Hoyo de Monterey double coronas maduros in the humidor.......

Drooling!

I've been really tempted to go to my local shop and grab one, I still have the Cuban my father in law brought me back for when we had out son.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I was a big cigar guy also...Had boxes upon boxes in cooleradors when I finally quit...sold them off slowly and I have a few cigars left.. Padron 64/26-40th Beli's in Maduro were my favorites...3 cigars left...Actually had one in May for my birthday...When I finally made the decision to quit, I had 7-8 left in my table humi...decided twice a year I'll have a cigar...Bday and New Years...Grab a few fingers sit on the porch sip/puff/enjoy... not a big deal in SoCal... Winters are in the 70s ;)

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was a big cigar guy also...Had boxes upon boxes in cooleradors when I finally quit...sold them off slowly and I have a few cigars left.. Padron 64/26-40th Beli's in Maduro were my favorites...3 cigars left...Actually had one in May for my birthday...When I finally made the decision to quit, I had 7-8 left in my table humi...decided twice a year I'll have a cigar...Bday and New Years...Grab a few fingers sit on the porch sip/puff/enjoy... not a big deal in SoCal... Winters are in the 70s ;)
Yeah! I think New Year is the time! But I'll have it with a glass of my "B-day Mead" since I still have about 10 bottles from the 1995 batch.

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The tiny little gape in the door at the top right corner is because I made the indentation on my copper a little to large. Tomorrow I'm going to take it apart and flatten it ever so slightly. I also need to get some better glue for my magnets. The glue I used was really old and didn't hold the magnets in the door at all. Also I think next time I will go about baking the positive contact a little different. For being my first time ever doing something like this though I'm quite proud of myself. lol

I also found my volt meter while scrounging through my things to find my dremel. What volts is it safe to discharge my battery?? I can't remember. I've just been vaping until I feel the vape isn't as warm as it should be and changing it. Considering I'm vaping at fairly low ohms I speculate I may be waiting to long to change the battery.

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I've already managed to strip the top on one of them, and the one that's on here now I can't use in my TLF with the little rubber gasket cause it's to tall to fit in there with it. So then it leaks :cry:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone here NOT like ModMaker squonk bottles or is it just me?

They beat the hell out of the last batch of soft Italians but can't hold a candle to all the cloned silicones that have finally hit the market

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That is just a terrible, horrible, ugly color. You should sell the mod to me right now, before people make fun of you for vaping something brown.
:D:D:D
:giggle:

Thir13en mech showed up from Malysya. Didn't think i would like the color because it was brown but its more of a bronze color. Actually really gorgeous in person. Pics dont do the color justice. Plus the black door and button make it look better imo. Like the two tone. This thing has a super nice feel in the hand, im in love and have not even put a atty on it yet or fired it. Ill get to that later tonight when i have plenty of time. Cant rush these things...

Here she is in all her glory.....

5Vcd6tf.jpg

fBWjmES.jpg

s5Pntf1.jpg

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I've already managed to strip the top on one of them, and the one that's on here now I can't use in my TLF with the little rubber gasket cause it's to tall to fit in there with it. So then it leaks :cry:

Sounds like the Tiny Little Fucker needs a Tiny Little Fuckin' Bottle

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you have one of the soft silicone bottles from FT to try?

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
All different preferences...
Those are still probably my favorite, though not perfect - you can strip the cap threads...

I just don't really like the squishies - I have a few different kinds, and I'm using a couple, but well...they're too squishy.
LOL

I don't want to change the way I refill, and get a refill bottle.
I am accustomed to what I do, and I do it fast, and I almost never leak. But it involves unscrewing the cap - and with a squishy, screwing the cap back on can be trickier to do...even the ones with a 2-part cap, I find I have to pinch the tube or risk a premature squonk.
:eek:

Does anyone here NOT like ModMaker squonk bottles or is it just me?

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey, Max -
I'd swap ya a black un-opened DA One, for a Modmaker bottle if you want.
I got a couple...

They are not a LOT shorter - because while the bottle's smaller, look at the cap - it's got two parts, so the overall height isn't that different.
But it might be different enough...I don't know...
upload_2017-8-28_21-2-52.png

https://dripfactorylabs.com/product/da-one-silicone-5-5ml-squonk-bottle/

That or the square soy bottles if you are on a tight budget and need to shave off a few bucks

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

I also know where you can get some godawful expensive ones that ship from Canada if you like to pay through the nose

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Do you have one of the soft silicone bottles from FT to try?

Not yet. I work full time to pay the bills and my vape budget comes from my doggie daycare business. I have one booked now but he'll be here until the 15th. I may be booking another for this weekend but we still have to get the meet and greet done which is scheduled for tomorrow night. Anyways, trust me, as soon as I get the funds in paypal, they are already lined up to be spent including a hand full of squonk bottles and a new mod from France. I've also had my eye on some shiny green accessories that another member from here has been flaunting that I'd love to get my hands on lol.

All different preferences...
Those are still probably my favorite, though not perfect - you can strip the cap threads...

I just don't really like the squishies - I have a few different kinds, and I'm using a couple, but well...they're too squishy.
LOL

I don't want to change the way I refill, and get a refill bottle.
I am accustomed to what I do, and I do it fast, and I almost never leak. But it involves unscrewing the cap - and with a squishy, screwing the cap back on can be trickier to do...even the ones with a 2-part cap, I find I have to pinch the tube or risk a premature squonk.
:eek:

You know. I'd never thought of it before seeing those 510 fill bottles. But it got me thinking and the way I fill my squonks has changed for the better. I still have to remove the bottle from the mod, BUT, I don't have to remove the cap from the bottle. I've been using the unicorn tip on my fill bottle and turning the squonk upside down and squeezing the air out. Then you just insert the unicorn tip into the tube of the bottle and flip it back over and fill. Can tip it once more if you need to get more air out of the squonk and viola! This method has come in handy especially with the Boxer squonk bottle which I dare say is even softer (according to reviews I've seen) than the Italian ones. Oddly enough it's actually my fav squonk bottle thus far, though, it is border line TOO SOFT.

https://dripfactorylabs.com/product/da-one-silicone-5-5ml-squonk-bottle/

That or the square soy bottles if you are on a tight budget and need to shave off a few bucks

Thanks for the link Juicy. Bookmarked. Those look like they might work beautifully in the TLF. I'll order some of those and a couple diff kinds from FT and see what shakes out. I wish the bottle from the Boxer would fit but it's WAY to tall for the TLF.

I'm going to try and see if I can find Some cappies too. Some bigger ones for the Drone maybe. I had my first bottle spring a leak on me where the seam comes together. Down to two bottles for the drone :sad: Depending on price I may just try and get a couple Boxer bottles for use in the Drone.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Not yet. I work full time to pay the bills and my vape budget comes from my doggie daycare business. I have one booked now but he'll be here until the 15th. I may be booking another for this weekend but we still have to get the meet and greet done which is scheduled for tomorrow night. Anyways, trust me, as soon as I get the funds in paypal, they are already lined up to be spent including a hand full of squonk bottles and a new mod from France. I've also had my eye on some shiny green accessories that another member from here has been flaunting that I'd love to get my hands on lol.

You know. I'd never thought of it before seeing those 510 fill bottles. But it got me thinking and the way I fill my squonks has changed for the better. I still have to remove the bottle from the mod, BUT, I don't have to remove the cap from the bottle. I've been using the unicorn tip on my fill bottle and turning the squonk upside down and squeezing the air out. Then you just insert the unicorn tip into the tube of the bottle and flip it back over and fill. Can tip it once more if you need to get more air out of the squonk and viola! This method has come in handy especially with the Boxer squonk bottle which I dare say is even softer (according to reviews I've seen) than the Italian ones. Oddly enough it's actually my fav squonk bottle thus far, though, it is border line TOO SOFT.

Thanks for the link Juicy. Bookmarked. Those look like they might work beautifully in the TLF. I'll order some of those and a couple diff kinds from FT and see what shakes out. I wish the bottle from the Boxer would fit but it's WAY to tall for the TLF.

I'm going to try and see if I can find Some cappies too. Some bigger ones for the Drone maybe. I had my first bottle spring a leak on me where the seam comes together. Down to two bottles for the drone :sad: Depending on price I may just try and get a couple Boxer bottles for use in the Drone.

MM bottles will work fine with the Drone, just a few mls less juice - they work way better than the crap bottles Lost Vape used (trust me on that one...)

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hey, Max -
I'd swap ya a black un-opened DA One, for a Modmaker bottle if you want.
I got a couple...

They are not a LOT shorter - because while the bottle's smaller, look at the cap - it's got two parts, so the overall height isn't that different.
But it might be different enough...I don't know...
View attachment 90508

Sure I have a never been used MM botle I'll swap ya. Let's PM our info's. Here is a pic of how tight the tolerance is with the MM bottle and the 510 in the TLF. Like I said, jsut adding the silicone gasket makes it just tall enough not to fit. Regardless though I'll trade you as I'm pretty much looking for not MM bottles at this point. If it doesn't fit the TLF It'll fit one of my other mods. Can never have to many bottles I'm finding out.

lVHCjGQ.jpg

I also know where you can get some godawful expensive ones that ship from Canada if you like to pay through the nose

LOL. Depending on your definition of godawful expensive I'd consider it. If they are worth the money and aren't going to strip (MM) or leak at the seems after 2 weeks (stock Drone bottle) then I wouldn't be opposed. I find I don't really care if they are soft or hard. I think the softer ones would last longer because of how they are manufactured though.

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
MM bottles will work fine with the Drone, just a few mls less juice - they work way better than the crap bottles Lost Vape used (trust me on that one...)

Those bottles are indeed hard to Squonk. The only reason I like and still use them is because of the capacity. The way I vape, I basically change the batteries when it's time to refill the bottle lol. That's why I was hoping maybe something like the larger Cappie's would fit. Just need to track some down.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That is just a terrible, horrible, ugly color. You should sell the mod to me right now, before people make fun of you for vaping something brown.
:D:D:D
:giggle:
I would but i went threw alot to finally own one. It was one of two mods that i really wanted. Now on to the next, the Half. I want a black delrin and stabwood Half so badly. For the time being im "satisfied" though. This thing is really nice. The anodizing is like no other anodizing ive ever felt. It has a soft velvet feel to it. Hard to explain.

I will probably never sell this thing, but never say never....

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Those bottles are indeed hard to Squonk. The only reason I like and still use them is because of the capacity. They way I vape, I basically change the batteries when it's time to refill the bottle lol. That's why I was hoping maybe something like the larger Cappie's would fit. Just need to track some down.

It looks like you have about the same amount of space as an orca, which is going to limit your bottle selection if you want to keep or gain capacity.
A Lukkos square bottle (I'm sure there's some cheaper variant) is the best fit & highest capacity over the MM bottle that I've found.
FWIW I've never seen any cappy bottle fit into an orca, but I've also never bought and tried them myself. Of course, I'm only using the orca in terms of size comparison to your photo.
The modmaker connector is larger and bulkier, if you wanted to get a larger bottle into your enclosure you'll likely need a more compact 510 like a the original moddogs nano, which leaves a bit more room for options.
Purely my .02, not selling silver connectors or overpriced bottles.

VU Sponsors