Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried to find a fitting animated facepalm for the plastic poke yer finner in the hole CV sqounker but failed.

hariboholmes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'll deffo be grabbing a couple of these to play with, I loved the design of the original, but all 5 of mine were plagued with intermittent firing issues and voltage drop on an epic scale, however when they did work they were amazing.

This looks definitely looks like a more reliable design in regards to voltage drop and firing reliability :)

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll deffo be grabbing a couple of these to play with, I loved the design of the original, but all 5 of mine were plagued with intermittent firing issues and voltage drop on an epic scale, however when they did work they were amazing.

This looks definitely looks like a more reliable design in regards to voltage drop and firing reliability :)

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
Been using a CV mod for almost a year now and still working fine.
They do require weekly cleaning and such to keep em working.
As do all mechs.
Want almost maintenance free and consistent operation?
Get a Pico Squeeze or another Mosfet style of squonker.

Wicked Gene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This RSQ by Hotcig is awesome! Small, solid and battery last at considerably longer than the same atty on the Therion. One of the nice little snags for 2017, and right at the end of the year. Thanks @Heartsdelight!
f50f9844af72c565386d69f3401c28cc.jpg

Sent from the Twilight Zone!

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
FB Jason Parent, be honest though you guys will be the first vape adds on fb. Never really tried adding many people before now as I used to avoid fb before squonking lol. Now I'm a daily scroller...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So there are 6 VU members who made the NeoFet list...sweet

Merry Christmas bonkers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey crazy Mofo'z!
Wow great minds think alike on the Neofet,
I'm getting the ultem one
:bingo:
Staggered payments FTW!
I didn't plan to be on VU today but so happy I popped on.. so cool to see my Neofet brothers in arms ; )
11am here and I just woke up and opened a few presents with my brother...wowww I guess everyone wanted to get 'vape guy' something I'd like.. a Revenger X kit, a Smok Majesty kit, a VooPoo Alpha One, a Limitless brass mech w/ LMC atty & some sleeves, juice juice juice... and I haven't even made a dent in the gifts.. feeling kinda blown away. It's like a vape shop in here alla the sudden!

Anyone feel free to hit me up on bookbook, I'm 'Fred Eagle' on there.
Profile pic is Yoda santa
; ))
Merry Bonkin' Christmas!!!
I'll try to grab a pic later
Have fun mates!
:confetti:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You think there will be another list in a couple months?

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Yup...also there are more available still...only 49 of the initial 100 are accounted for right now...1/2 up front other half when shipped.

So outside of the ultem one, you're looking at $106.xx around 1/4/18 then the other $106.xx plus shipping in 6 weeks.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This RSQ by Hotcig is awesome! Small, solid and battery last at considerably longer than the same atty on the Therion. One of the nice little snags for 2017, and right at the end of the year. Thanks @Heartsdelight!
f50f9844af72c565386d69f3401c28cc.jpg

So happy that you’re happy! :banana: Merry Christmas!!!
:confetti::confetti::confetti:

What atty is that? Looks cool! Does anyone use the word cool anymore lol? But it does look very cool!

Wicked Gene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So happy that you’re happy! :banana: Merry Christmas!!!
:confetti::confetti::confetti:

What atty is that? Looks cool! Does anyone use the word cool anymore lol? But it does look very cool!

It is the CoilArt DPro, another nice grab this year. I got the frosted, black, and SS. One of my favs right now.

Ah yes! It's cool... Lol
I'm old enough to still use that term myself from time to time... Lol

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Man... can't wait to see the 30T become available.

I was surprised to see in the graph that the 5A has less sag than the ijoy 20700 for the equivalent of a couple hits woth of capacity. Past that the 20700 performs better & longer but to me, seat of the pants the 20700 is stronger from hit #1. I actually had to change my build slightly to cool it down.

Graphs don't lie so gotta assume the 5A does have less initial sag but the difference in voltage through the discharge has me stoked on the newer cells. The Orca 75C that just shipped has the 21/20700 option and will be throwing a 30T in it as soon as it's available. Till then a 5 leg ijoy (or sanyo "A" if I ever get an availabe now email from imr or liion) will power it.
The 40T looks even more interesting than the 30T because of that extra runtime IMO, and the 40T also hits way more than hard enough anyway unless of course if you're vaping in a competition.

The thing about the 5-legged Ijoy 20700 for me is, at about 30 amps or below, it initially hits harder than the Sanyo NCR20700A. The farther you go below those 30 amps, the bigger this difference actually becomes, and, as anyone familiar with mechs already knows, with every pull on a mech the volts go down so, due to Ohm's law, so do the amps... therefore said difference is growing bigger with every pull, thus preventing the Sanyo from ever catching up despite you'd expect to see it catching up after a while. The reason it never does catch up is simply because on the mech we don't vape the battery all the way down to 3.2 volts so the race is already over before the theoretical longer runtime of the Sanyo can compensate the fact [at those kinds of amp draws] it is hitting increasingly less hard than the Ijoy.

Bottom line, if you want to see the Sanyo outperform the Ijoy by a noticeable margin on the mech, then you'd have to vape substantially above 30 amps. Else, the Ijoy will just give the Sanyo a run for its money.

Now, considering the fact I vape at .28 ohms on a mech equipped with TWO 5-legged Ijoy 20700 batteries IN SERIES, I'm nowhere even close to those 30 amps. So, despite so many people loathe it because it is "just another stupid rewrap", I'm not just getting harder hits at the start, but I'm actually even getting a longer runtime than I would be getting from the Sanyo despite the fact the latter is NOT a rewrap. :giggle:

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm pretty stoked this Christmas... Wife hooked me up!

Socks! Woot...man can never have enough of these ( not joking)l
Couldn't agree more.When i was a kid,i hated getting socks at Christmas,now that i'm older,i get pissed if i don't get socks haha.For years,my inlaws always got me socks,then 1 year i got a wallet instead,it was still a nice gesture,but a wallet won't replace all the socks my toes were sticking out of haha.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
3x28/36 clapton wire from AVS and it's really turned the flavor up in the Hadaly.

That's what called Alien wire? *writes down 3 * 28 awg wrapped in 36 awg* I've hand wrapped
2 * 28 awg with 36 awg and Fused it so tight it seemed to be 26 awg. I lack micrometers ergo can can only go by eyeballing it and feel.

mod: Coppervape
rda: tie between Gorge & NaRDA clone
bottle: Whatever came w/ kits or those cheap ones from FastTech. Not tried any different ones.

Figure this probably will remain the same come 2018's year end. Not really seeing much that impresses to assert me wavering for other gear. I did come up with a slight tactile improvement for the Coppervape. Wrap a rubber band around it thrice. I know, "oh yay." :|

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Couldn't agree more.When i was a kid,i hated getting socks at Christmas,now that i'm older,i get pissed if i don't get socks haha.For years,my inlaws always got me socks,then 1 year i got a wallet instead,it was still a nice gesture,but a wallet won't replace all the socks my toes were sticking out of haha.

Wife always gets me cool socks...got 4 packs of Columbia socks...one multi colored pack...one dark grey...2 black.

Still rocking the wallet I got from one of our friends who passed years ago from AML (My FB Photo is forever her) and still has the $5 bill she put in it too.

She's the only friend who bought Xmas gifts for our dogs

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is the CoilArt DPro, another nice grab this year. I got the frosted, black, and SS. One of my favs right now.

Ah yes! It's cool... Lol
I'm old enough to still use that term myself from time to time... Lol

Still have the ultum I'll trade you for something..

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's what called Alien wire? *writes down 3 * 28 awg wrapped in 36 awg* I've hand wrapped
2 * 28 awg with 36 awg and Fused it so tight it seemed to be 26 awg. I lack micrometers ergo can can only go by eyeballing it and feel.

mod: Coppervape
rda: tie between Gorge & NaRDA clone
bottle: Whatever came w/ kits or those cheap ones from FastTech. Not tried any different ones.

Figure this probably will remain the same come 2018's year end. Not really seeing much that impresses to assert me wavering for other gear. I did come up with a slight tactile improvement for the Coppervape. Wrap a rubber band around it thrice. I know, "oh yay." :|
Hey the rubber band things mine

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've always said if i were a rich man I'd wear new socks every day. A simple pleasure... :)

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Picked up a couple LG HG6’s 30 amp 3000mah (20650) for use in my 18650/20700 tubes, since they perform a tad better than the Ijoy/ampkimg 20700 and last way longer than VTC5A ‘s, seen the stats a while back but finally decided to experiment with venturing outside of 18650’s.

Also here to make a bold statement that I do not say lightly, tried the Zion single coil RDA today and is a awesome vape, highly recommended if you need lots of airflow like the wasp in a single coil. 22mm, FT has 22 and 24mm clone. Side airflow and great flavor IMO, love the wasp but the Zion beats it hands down IMO.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Christmas: Wife got some bath towels, a set and a set of plastic container bowls from her mom and dad. I had no packages to open. I'm sure I'll have use of both items the wife got.

Wife is going to buy me some Hawk Sauce. Here in a little I'll go give her the gift I've been getting her each year, a big old hug and a few smooches. Looked at her toward the end of last week, stretched out my hands gesturing she look around in our apartment. "Our Christmas," I said in a soft tone.

She nodded with a big smile on her face. We have both been a lot more at peace these past two to three weeks. Also got word Hammy got adopted out last Monday, Thursday I believe we got word that Sherlock was adopted out Wednesday.

Grouchy remains at the rescue shelter. He's got a whole acre to go and run in for himself, twice a day, a nice bed in a concrete and fenced kennel that's up to Humane Society standards. Grouchy can stay at the rescue shelter as long as he needs, or until a family adopts him out.

It made us both very happy knowing they are safe and going to the right folks. They were the biggest well not really hold up, but we didn't want them going to the pound or worse. We had to get them adopted out before us both having the ability to move into the apartment full time. I was being run up to her mom & dad's for tending them, then brought back of an evening.

Well, Merry Christmas to everyone. :)

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Picked up a couple LG HG6’s 30 amp 3000mah (20650) for use in my 18650/20700 tubes, since they perform a tad better than the Ijoy/ampkimg 20700 and last way longer than VTC5A ‘s, seen the stats a while back but finally decided to experiment with venturing outside of 18650’s.

Also here to make a bold statement that I do not say lightly, tried the Zion single coil RDA today and is a awesome vape, highly recommended if you need lots of airflow like the wasp in a single coil. 22mm, FT has 22 and 24mm clone. Side airflow and great flavor IMO, love the wasp but the Zion beats it hands down IMO.
I assume the Lg Hg6’s fit well in your tube mods? Thanks :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey the rubber band things mine

Ah, okay. :) Didn't know, sorry. *Swaps his rubber band for a bit of braided camouflage micro-fiber that is handy for nothing else at present.*

:p Ha! It's even better than a rubber band. I can put a square not (knot, even) in it, or even a timber hitch. :D :)

Last edited:

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Christmas: Wife got some bath towels, a set and a set of plastic container bowls from her mom and dad. I had no packages to open. I'm sure I'll have use of both items the wife got.

Wife is going to buy me some Hawk Sauce. Here in a little I'll go give her the gift I've been getting her each year, a big old hug and a few smooches. Looked at her toward the end of last week, stretched out my hands gesturing she look around in our apartment. "Our Christmas," I said in a soft tone.

She nodded with a big smile on her face. We have both been a lot more at peace these past two to three weeks. Also got word Hammy got adopted out last Monday, Thursday I believe we got word that Sherlock was adopted out Wednesday.

Grouchy remains at the rescue shelter. He's got a whole acre to go and run in for himself, twice a day, a nice bed in a concrete and fenced kennel that's up to Humane Society standards. Grouchy can stay at the rescue shelter as long as he needs, or until a family adopts him out.

It made us both very happy knowing they are safe and going to the right folks. They were the biggest well not really hold up, but we didn't want them going to the pound or worse. We had to get them adopted out before us both having the ability to move into the apartment full time. I was being run up to her mom & dad's for tending them, then brought back of an evening.

Well, Merry Christmas to everyone. :)
Merry Christmas to you too!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Blasphemy!

LOL.
Done seeking, have found 'it'.

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I assume the Lg Hg6’s fit well in your tube mods? Thanks :)
A couple specifically, the Vaperz Cloud XXX and 11:11 and clones, they screw together in the center which is the battery adjustment, they are made to accept 20700 with a beauty ring, or 18650 without the ring and included plastic sleeve. The 20650 is the same width as a 20700 but the same height as an 18650, so leaving out the sleeve and beauty ring they will fit perfectly :). I’m sure they would probably fit in most mods that will accept both 18650 and 20700, may need an adapter sleeve to prevent rattle.

Took me forever to realize that the size of batteries was in the name, the first two digits is the width in mm, then the next two are the length minus the 0 at the end lol.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A couple specifically, the Vaperz Cloud XXX and 11:11 and clones, they screw together in the center which is the battery adjustment, they are made to accept 20700 with a beauty ring, or 18650 without the ring and included plastic sleeve. The 20650 is the same width as a 20700 but the same height as an 18650, so leaving out the sleeve and beauty ring they will fit perfectly :). I’m sure they would probably fit in most mods that will accept both 18650 and 20700, may need an adapter sleeve to prevent rattle.

Took me forever to realize that the size of batteries was in the name, the first two digits is the width in mm, then the next two are the length minus the 0 at the end lol.
The 0 at the end just means a cylindrical cell.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wife unit and I got each other recliners.
Mine is a cushy single wide manual, hers is a 1.5 wide cushy electric.

*Best Mike Myers impersonation* "Groovy baby!" Still like the loveseat recliners we got to move in. My witch has yet to make our long couch go missing, though I think she's going to after Georgian New Years, or the Rhythmic Lizard Moon (December 13 -January 9).

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Haha you and Derrick inspired me. This will be my first 67. Now I have my 3 keepers. Peon, gloom, and ultem 67. Now just have to sell the rest

I've never been stoked about a mod before as I am for the NeoFet.

I really enjoy the Neo Mara I have and how it fits in the hand...the button (16mm) ease of battery change

Only thing I know I'll have to get used to is how the battery is removed compared to the Neo Mara...5 second change to a 20 second change and using a 12mm button.

But it will be leaps easier than my Mölly, which I have to remove the bottle due to how tight the fit is on it.

VU Sponsors