Squonkers are Bonkers

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well Squonkaroos – here is my tale of woe and how I came to be – I’m almost too embarrassed to admit this – squonkless for a few days!!!

Before an out-of-state trip, I decided to bring only a Pico Squeeze/Hadaly clone, Wraith/Goon and an Aster/Dotmod RTA – along with a couple of Von Erls for stealth vaping.

The reasoning was, didn’t want to worry about cleaning or battery life while on the road - and TSA in Anchorage HATES vapes

On Dec. 18, while overnighting in Anchorage, the Pico goes bananas and is unvapable, period.

Wellllll – long story short, on Dec 19, TSA LOST MY WRAITH BOTTLE – which I discover after getting off the plane in Vegas :headbang:

Of course, there is no over-priced replacement handy without screwing up the plans already set with my brother –visits to three different vape shops in Vegas reveals that squonking is still not mainstream in the least bit

Fortunately, I had already had two Gbox 200s sent to my cousin (Christmas presents for us) who was coming late on Dec 20

Well, it squonks and vapes, but doesn’t give me a warm fuzzy either. Kinda big, hard bottle and button rattles. Like the mod okay, but not a good roadster, lol.

Back to Seattle, same thing. Finally found a B & M with the Athena and the Pulse – I purchase the Pulse out of desperation. It squonks and vapes, again, no warm fuzzy, doesn’t feel natural in the hand and the button is no prize
JL that just plane sucks... (pun intended) lol :D

Hint on TSA, take all mods and batteries out of your carry on and put it in a bowl or bin. If they don't know what it is in your bag they will manually search it.

I only travel with CVs and/or REOs. I don't trust regulated mods except for them to crap out when I need them the most. I don't take out the squonk bottles, I just close the AF on the atties and fill the bottles to the top, the less air the less auto-squonk. No leakage for me.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With all the new stuff coming out and trying to learn the fine art of DIY, I still feel like a noob myself most of the time!
I'm going to have to start DIYing soon myself.Stupid politicians and dumb laws are going to try and do an end run on vaping in California.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well Squonkaroos – here is my tale of woe and how I came to be – I’m almost too embarrassed to admit this – squonkless for a few days!!!

Before an out-of-state trip, I decided to bring only a Pico Squeeze/Hadaly clone, Wraith/Goon and an Aster/Dotmod RTA – along with a couple of Von Erls for stealth vaping.

The reasoning was, didn’t want to worry about cleaning or battery life while on the road - and TSA in Anchorage HATES vapes

On Dec. 18, while overnighting in Anchorage, the Pico goes bananas and is unvapable, period.

Wellllll – long story short, on Dec 19, TSA LOST MY WRAITH BOTTLE – which I discover after getting off the plane in Vegas :headbang:

Of course, there is no over-priced replacement handy without screwing up the plans already set with my brother –visits to three different vape shops in Vegas reveals that squonking is still not mainstream in the least bit

Fortunately, I had already had two Gbox 200s sent to my cousin (Christmas presents for us) who was coming late on Dec 20

Well, it squonks and vapes, but doesn’t give me a warm fuzzy either. Kinda big, hard bottle and button rattles. Like the mod okay, but not a good roadster, lol.

Back to Seattle, same thing. Finally found a B & M with the Athena and the Pulse – I purchase the Pulse out of desperation. It squonks and vapes, again, no warm fuzzy, doesn’t feel natural in the hand and the button is no prize
Ouchies!

743394934_138838.gif

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hate reading you've had such troubles with FastTech. In whatever I've had any issue over with them, to me it seems they've done exceedingly well to "make right".

I had trouble with a DOA rda once, all they asked was a picture showing it on a volt meter. They then, shipped a whole new rda of the same value out to me and it arrived in half the time.

Not exactly defending them here merely conveying my experience and expressing dismay they would be so problematic to deal with over something. I'm also understanding that I'll not buy anything from China in general during the month of February, that's their big holiday month and nothing is working then as everyone is out for holiday/s.
FastTech is a big company and their customer service usually depends on who you deal with.
I've only had 1 order go really bad and it took almost 2 years for them to make it right by me.
By the way it was a drip-tip that cost $1.26.They never shipped it.I had to gt my bank involved.Total nightmare.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, yeah - cuz you have a base but the cap is drilled!
And I only have one base left, and I use it - but with the AFC top...
I'll sell ya the cap and Ant tip, reasonable-like, @BrewBear :D

Not the Nuppin bank! @chohan gave a Nuppin away (thanks again) and @Train shows only the cap, no base! Besides, I don't have enough Nuppins to use them in trades! I definitely don't have as many as @Train has!

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, yeah - cuz you have a base with the wrong cap!
And I only have one base left, and I use it - but with the AFC top...
I'll sell ya the cap and Ant tip, reasonable-like, @BrewBear :D
OK, I'll bite! What are you thinking? BTW, if you like the Ant dt, you can keep it, I have a few spare Chaplin dt (FT clones, just 3 authentics)

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm.
Interesting I might have to pick 1 up.
Not sure though as 0.13ohms is going to need at least 60watts to vape properly.I did notice in (Zophie's) review she seemed to like it at 40watts.So I might be wrong in my assumption.
I do like the fact that they will be selling a more standard/traditional deck for this thingy.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3...uthentic-ijoy-combo-srda-atomizer-replacement
yeah but once you figure in the extra cost of the build deck and all there are other attys I would rather have.

I figure this is one for beginning squokers.. But a .13 build for a beginner to avoid building coils....
Even figuring battery voltage drop that will be over 25 amps on a mech....
And you know how popular the little cheap plastic squonk mechs are right now....

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm.
Interesting I might have to pick 1 up.
Not sure though as 0.13ohms is going to need at least 60watts to vape properly.I did notice in (Zophie's) review she seemed to like it at 40watts.So I might be wrong in my assumption.
I do like the fact that they will be selling a more standard/traditional deck for this thingy.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3...uthentic-ijoy-combo-srda-atomizer-replacement
You gonna have to pay attention at what you're ordering on this one. Just a quick look on the FT site shows at least 6 or 7 different replacement decks and I imagine the things will get worse when they add the pre-made coils. Just pay attention!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah but once you figure in the extra cost of the build deck and all there are other attys I would rather have.

I figure this is one for beginning squokers.. But a .13 build for a beginner to avoid building coils....
And you know how popular the little cheap plastic squonk mechs are right now....
Yep I see lots of dentists being happy about this.
"So you were squonking you say?" "Excuse me a moment"

To nurse "This is the third one today looks like I'll be getting a real good vacation this year"

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The replacement build decks are about $ 9 -10 but if you likey big blow clouds for your happy enjoyment....the 0.13 will be fine till it goes booom!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You gonna have to pay attention at what you're ordering on this one. Just a quick look on the FT site shows at least 6 or 7 different replacement decks and I imagine the things will get worse when they add the pre-made coils. Just pay attention!
Yep...There will be no wearing booze-goggles for this for sure.It will be black coffee ordering only.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yet another possible problem with the iJoy sRDA Combo you just know some fool is going to take 1 of these apart to re-wick and forget to put the insulator back and that is going to get very exciting and painful.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yet another possible problem with the iJoy sRDA Combo you just know some fool is going to take 1 of these apart to re-wick and forget to put the insulator back and that is going to get very exciting and painful.

Yep will still be wondering why it won't fire when it blows up in his/her face.
If I hold the fire button down long enough it just has to fire.
I want my clouds!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep will still be wondering why it won't fire when it blows up in his/her face.
If I hold the fire button down long enough it just has to fire.
I want my clouds!
Totally different topic.
Just found out that the capo squonker has upgraded bottles for like $1 each at Heaven Gifts.So the Capo might be going back on my list.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/IJOY-CAPO-Squonk-Bottle.html

EDIT ; I FORGOT ABOUT THE CAPO BEING VASTLY UNDER-POWERED BACK OFF THE LIST IT GOES...SIGH!

Last edited:

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
When you run out of one of your main ingredients for your Adv it's always nice to dig through your drawer full of juice and pull out a gem! Not my favorite but I'm happy to have something that's not fruity for a bit!
8e33717310585045011386604e3d03a7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When you run out of one of your main ingredients for your Adv it's always nice to dig through your drawer full of juice and pull out a gem! Not my favorite but I'm happy to have something that's not fruity for a bit!

A bit of a similar experience here.I found an old 30ml bottle of Pencil by Must Vape that I thought my wife had taken last night.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anyone seen the artic Dolphin bf mod , the half stabwood front sqounker
Says magnetic switch no mention of mosfet or such Ijust mechanical
On one of china sites
Has a little too much alum frame ,
68ecc99d7a15b149ed06bd5f5f669eee.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
2 versions one with top fire all wood
one with front firing half alum
3392fa3d7d1323d9b6ed760680a0171d.jpg
39367c24eca0b9f0fc84d5d7ca7eddba.jpg

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want my clouds!
Why don't they just stick a M88 in their mouths and light up the fuse? They sure as hell don't want to learn and vape safely!
On one of china sites

They look nice, but at least a MOSFET for cryin' out loud!

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I keep telling myself I'm going to pick that up and never do.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Totally different topic.
Just found out that the capo squonker has upgraded bottles for like $1 each at Heaven Gifts.So the Capo might be going back on my list.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/IJOY-CAPO-Squonk-Bottle.html

EDIT ; I FORGOT ABOUT THE CAPO BEING VASTLY UNDER-POWERED BACK OFF THE LIST IT GOES...SIGH!
What is it under powered about it? It all depends on what coil you put in it. If you're using the 0.13 ohms pre-made coils, then yes, it will be under powered. At 0.5 to 0.9 ohm it will be fine.

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On one of china sites

What site did you find those on? Do you have a link?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On one of china sites

I saw the abs arctic dolphin but not the stabwood. Kinda cool looking

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What is it under powered about it? It all depends on what coil you put in it. If you're using the 0.13 ohms pre-made coils, then yes, it will be under powered. At 0.5 to 0.9 ohm it will be fine.
Yes I understand that and more than likely I'll be using coils near 0.5ohms.
Just keep in mind it has a 4.2 volt cut off so no chance of it ever hitting the 100watts it claims...Nuff said!
Theoretically you could but it would mean pushing the battery to almost 24amps...Not good! Not Safe! Not Sane!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyhow yet another topic.
So it looks like I'll be forced into using the RSA that comes with the DripBox2 at least until that Haku clone I ordered from FastTech shows up.
So if @The Cromwell is around and would like to give me a few pointers I'd appreciate it...Cheers!

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes I understand that and more than likely I'll be using coils near 0.5ohms.
Just keep in mind it has a 4.2 volt cut off so no chance of it ever hitting the 100watts it claims...Nuff said!
Theoretically you could but it would mean pushing the battery to almost 24amps...Not good! Not Safe! Not Sane!
I'm well aware of the limitations for each mod. Your DripBox 2 is a 80w mod. I have 2 of them and though I vape in TC, I've never even got close to 60 watts. The Capo is a nice mod, so is the Fuchai. My problem is that neither one does TC well (actually the Capo is more of a Pico with a screen), so if I'm gonna vape in power mode, I'll buy a couple more Pico squeeze. I still haven't heard how the Gbox is in TC so the jury is out on that one.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm well aware of the limitations for each mod. Your DripBox 2 is a 80w mod. I have 2 of them and though I vape in TC, I've never even got close to 60 watts. The Capo is a nice mod, so is the Fuchai. My problem is that neither one does TC well (actually the Capo is more of a Pico with a screen), so if I'm gonna vape in power mode, I'll buy a couple more Pico squeeze. I still haven't heard how the Gbox is in TC so the jury is out on that one.
Love my DripBox2...The Wraith on the other hand is kind of frustrating me.It vapes good but I know I'll be getting a different RSA for it.Probably a black Vandy Vape Mesh RSA.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Where'd you get that? My son has tried repeatedly to make a chocolate milk vape, but just can't manage it. He'd love that, I'm sure! And he's coming up on 6 mos smoke-free on Jan 5, so I told him I'd buy him some ejuice.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
JL that just plane sucks... (pun intended) lol :D

Hint on TSA, take all mods and batteries out of your carry on and put it in a bowl or bin. If they don't know what it is in your bag they will manually search it.

I only travel with CVs and/or REOs. I don't trust regulated mods except for them to crap out when I need them the most. I don't take out the squonk bottles, I just close the AF on the atties and fill the bottles to the top, the less air the less auto-squonk. No leakage for me.

I always separate and in Anchorage they go stark raving mad if you have a bottle with juice in a squonker, lol. I know the drill pretty well and have been flying with vapes several times a year for a few years now

I just did not want to have to take time to clean anything on a two week trip. BIG MISTAKE on my part :sad:

They went nutso over a bag of with $200 worth of quarters and snagged all my carry-on and did the swab thing after combing through all that change, which I was bringing for my brother so we would have tons of quarters for the Pinball Hall of Fame. The Wraith bottle got lost in the shuffle I'm supposing. It was the only liquid I was carrying on, and it was separate.

When I fly just from my hometown, I don't even break down squonks, as we don't have TSA there, but Anchorage is a vape-hate hub:mad:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Where'd you get that? My son has tried repeatedly to make a chocolate milk vape, but just can't manage it. He'd love that, I'm sure! And he's coming up on 6 mos smoke-free on Jan 5, so I told him I'd buy him some ejuice.

Andria

I'll PM you the clone recipe if ya want

VU Sponsors