Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All too true. Asthmatics account for possibly about 25% of the general population; smokers account for only maybe 10%-15% (remaining)... so purely on the math, asthmatics smokers who switch to vaping could account for possibly 2.5%-3.75% AT MOST... though probably a good bit less, since most of those with asthma either can't smoke, or were able to quit many years ago when smokers first became pariahs, and also the fact that smokers in the US are being given such false info about vaping from the media and "authorities".

My entire life and the circumstances of it seems to ride right along the edge of one thing or another, falling into the crack in many cases. Not sure what that signifies or what it does or should mean. Maybe it's just my karma this time around, to be so different I can't really fit any particular stereotype, but have to find my own way with every step.

Andria
Don't feel like (The Lone Ranger)
Maybe we're both living in a (Brave New World)
All literary references intended.
And with that thought stuck in your head now.How about a song...Cheers!

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still clueless as to what those numbers mean though.
30x3/38 it is the description of a multi core clapton . So, this particular one is three 30gauge wires in the core (30 x 3): { / }<--> wraped: in 38 gauge wire All that mess wraped in a 4 mm ID coil.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No I don't and no I won't! Lol but honestly I doubt they'll care either way. I've seen people get some pretty crude shit on their box mods and I really dont get it? Guess I'm just from a different generation.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I'm way older than you think probably.Here I'll give you a hint.
I'm 60-ish...Cheers!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So hard for me to figure out what one I like better? Definitely need a green cap for my b2k
33f687b0869d29ec0b01b134dc912062.jpg
38627c56b84084b0bd34b116c32b3902.jpg

!!! SICK !!!
I'm going to have to mug you for that 1 on the right.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't have the original DR so unfortunately I can't compare. As for DRSQ, I think the posts are too long and that necessarily forces the cap to be tall. The inner chamber is too big for it to be a good MTL atty. Vaping it in mtl produces a Hollow, airy vape. You will probably like it in DL, it is very easy to build.
I already tried a Dead Rabbit SQ and thought it was a bit too whooshy plus it whistled.At least the 1 I tried did.Your mileage may vary.I also found out exactly why people are so into those darn (Alien Coils)...Fuck me running talk about flavor whoa.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know It sounds crazy but I'd rather wait for an authentic because if I get the $15 clone I basicly loose $15 (if I dont like it) but if I get an authentic I can get 100% of my money back if I don't like it. I mean that's at least one reason

If I don't like the clone I just bought I'll toss it in the donation bin at my friends shop for store credit.Or pif it to somebody who wants 1.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I already tried a Dead Rabbit SQ and thought it was a bit too whooshy plus it whistled.At least the 1 I tried did.Your mileage may vary.I also found out exactly why people are so into those darn (Alien Coils)...Fuck me running talk about flavor whoa.
Yeah took me a whole weekend, ton of advice, 10 yt videos and bunch of money worth of wire but I'm making nice aliens now!
Gotta say if anyone tries please don't waste your time with other videos and just watch Mterks alien vid. There was others that were pretty good but none of the others showed me the 2 things I was stuck on like Mturk, he showed the stretch perfectly and he also shows you how to minimize the wire from overlapping and ruining everything.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still like V1ck but he will not often say something is crap he takes a bit more diplomatic approach. Like squeezing the little on off switch ears on the Pulse vs just coming out and saying it is a really crappy design.
He does tend to point out issues with vape equipment just in a diplomatic way.

Unlike Grimm who gushed all over the mod.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You've spent months saying you'll never buy 21700. Why do you care?
Who said I cared?
Just posting for those who do.

Think I said not in my foreseeable future or something like that.
I am just not a chaser of new fashions/trends for myself but find some interesting nonetheless.
Such as the Det Mod in the above post.
All part of my study of the human species on this planet.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah took me a whole weekend, ton of advice, 10 yt videos and bunch of money worth of wire but I'm making nice aliens now!
Gotta say if anyone tries please don't waste your time with other videos and just watch Mterks alien vid. There was others that were pretty good but none of the others showed me the 2 things I was stuck on like Mturk, he showed the stretch perfectly and he also shows you how to minimize the wire from overlapping and ruining everything.

I liked his video when I started making aliens... And I stretch my core wire the same way...wrap I have down now which was in my opinion the most crucial part of making aliens.

Glad you got them down now...

I've been making some 30 core with 40 wrap and I can say it's way easier to make 24/26 core with < 36 wrap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I liked his video when I started making aliens... And I stretch my core wire the same way...wrap I have down now which was in my opinion the most crucial part of making aliens.

Glad you got them down now...

I've been making some 30 core with 40 wrap and I can say it's way easier to make 24/26 core with <36 wrap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah for sure but I'm lucky because I don't use coils that small and although I can wrap 36g easy I probably never really will as I found it to gunk up and stuff way to fast. 32g seems to work great for my style of vaping. I wrapped some 28g with 36g wrap for a friend and I just had to go a little slower.
Also I like to stretch mine wire I little less so I can use a little more tension when wrapping. Also like Mterk showed I like holding my wrap wire way away from the coil because when I do that I get a really good warning if the wires about to bunch up because Im lagging behind.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Thanks for this, I'm gonna check those videos out now

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still like V1ck but he will not often say something is crap he takes a bit more diplomatic approach. Like squeezing the little on off switch ears on the Pulse vs just coming out and saying it is a really crappy design.
He does tend to point out issues with vape equipment just in a diplomatic way.

Unlike Grimm who gushed all over the mod.
Wait you mean the circuit breaker thingy?
Is that what all this kerfuffle is about?
Seriously?
Fuck my dad's old ham radio had a similar circuit breaker.It still worked last time I saw it back in 1989.By the way my dad would be 127 years old if he were still alive today.Talk about built to last.
I honestly can't believe all the grief this mod/device is getting because of a simple circuit breaker switch.:crazy::crazy::crazy:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Seriously?
Fuck my dad's old ham radio had a similar circuit breaker.It still worked last time I saw it back in 1989.By the way my dad would be 127 years old if he were still alive today.Talk about built to last.
I honestly can't believe all the grief this mod/device is getting because of a simple circuit breaker switch.:crazy::crazy::crazy:
And extreme voltage drop...

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seriously?
Low voltage high current vs high voltage low current thing.
And the little spring...

then there is the surface area/mass thing with a real knife switch and the 'thing' in the Pulse.
then there is the sealed switch which will VERY likely become unreliable once enough arcing takes place inside there and no way to clean the contacts.

Just not a good design in my opinion.

Last edited:

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Low voltage high current vs high voltage low current thing.
And the little spring...

then there is the surface area/mass thing with a real knife switch and the 'thing' in the Pulse.
What spring?
Irish Spring?
Arab Spring?
Spring water?
At this point I seriously am going to call bullshit...Sorry.
But the first time I ever heard anybody talk about voltage drop on this mod was just a few posts back.
I call (BULLSHIT)

VU Sponsors