Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I didn't buy it! Like I said before, I believe your guys opinions more than the YT reviewers. @So619Cal said it wasn't worth the extra Benjamin over the SXK clone so I skipped it!

I use the clone daily(out and about on the Pico) and I use my favorite Vanilla bourbon juice in it; if I don't Vape it next to the authentic I don't notice the difference. Well besides the drip tip, I need to get another one like I have on the authentic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I use the clone daily(out and about on the Pico) and I use my favorite Vanilla bourbon juice in it; if I don't Vape it next to the authentic I don't notice the difference. Well besides the drip tip, I need to get another one like I have on the authentic.

That is good news - it's been awhile since I came across a clone as good as the authentic

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Broke another B2K cap, down to only having the ultem one left. About to have more mods than rdas if I keep this up :/

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
What I'm pissed about is the misinformation.

This item below is the 1 referred to as a McDonald's toy.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3027/10039350/9616487

Not the pulse.

https://www.myvpro.com/vandyvape-pulse-bf-mod/

The 1 with voltage drop is that PoS sold at FastTech

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3027/10039350/9616487

Not the Pulse

Now are we clear?

Good back to playing (Shadowverse)
Yeah we're clear...... you live in a different universe

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Mornin' Squeeps,
Halfway through my lunch just now and wanted to add my 2c on the Pulse since I think I was the one throwing the Happy Meal comparison around.
The mod is great. For $24.

The only plus is the 20700 capability, but on the Pulse it feels like an 18500.
Janky clip 'switch', mooshy button, creaky plastic, I can't foresee it living through an accidental drop off the table at all. Basically
a good 'training wheels' mod to decide if you like squonking and then ideally move on to something nicer. I received 2 more of these dang things for Christmas and PIFed them that same day. ...and the 'ultem' doors aren't ultem at all. Just ultem-colored plastic.
Not afraid to say this either even though I'm friends with Tony. And despite the shortcomings of the mod, I give him massive credit for what he's done, he's a big big reason why squonking took off. ..and now there's a whole Pulse following of new squonkers and they are having fun with the matchy doors and tips and that's totally fcuking cool to see. ...he brought the high end spirit to the masses without the drama and arrogance. You Facebook guys should join 'A Tony B Project'.. he is such a cool and real dude. I fully support his endeavor, just don't like his mod at all. I tried really hard to!!
But they all love it and that's great.

The Pulse 22 on the other hand is quite nice, but only if you have your build & placement JUST right. Some of the Facebook guys are starting to make aftermarket caps and they're hot.. even though I think they cost more than than the atty itself. They're teetering on the slippery slope but don't know it yet...
; )

EDIT : Re: Happy Meal, I will say the construction is at least far superior than the other famous Happy Meal mod ...for those that remember.. the famous Hana ONE!

Last edited:

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mornin' Squeeps,
Halfway through my lunch just now and wanted to add my 2c on the Pulse since I think I was the one throwing the Happy Meal comparison around.
The mod is great. For $24.

The only plus is the 20700 capability, but on the Pulse it feels like an 18500.
Janky clip 'switch', mooshy button, creaky plastic, I can't foresee it living through an accidental drop off the table at all. Basically
a good 'training wheels' mod to decide if you like squonking and then ideally move on to something nicer. I received 2 more of these dang things for Christmas and PIFed them that same day. ...and the 'ultem' doors aren't ultem at all. Just ultem-colored plastic.
Not afraid to say this either even though I'm friends with Tony. And despite the shortcomings of the mod, I give him massive credit for what he's done, he's a big big reason why squonking took off. ..and now there's a whole Pulse following of new squonkers and they are having fun with the matchy doors and tips and that's totally fcuking cool to see. ...he brought the high end spirit to the masses without the drama and arrogance. You Facebook guys should join 'A Tony B Project'.. he is such a cool and real dude. I fully support his endeavor, just don't like his mod at all. I tried really hard to!!
But they all love it and that's great.

The Pulse 22 on the other hand is quite nice, but only if you have your build & placement JUST right. Some of the Facebook guys are starting to make aftermarket caps and they're hot.. even though they cost more than than the atty itself. They're teetering on the slippery slope but don't know it yet...
; )
I love my pulse 22s that is plural. Don't have the mod. Did not appeal to me Tony seems like a good guy but he is out to make money just like all of us I wish he would make a mid in the 100 dallars range now. Better materials and such. And do you have any links to those pulse 22 caps

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I love my pulse 22s that is plural. Don't have the mod. Did not appeal to me Tony seems like a good guy but he is out to make money just like all of us I wish he would make a mid in the 100 dallars range now. Better materials and such. And do you have any links to those pulse 22 caps

Nothing wrong with making money of course, but OUT to make money is a different spirit in my book. If you can do what you love and earn a living with it, well.. that's the dream no? He's doing it and is not a total dick and didn't step on anyone to get there. He's actually a humble awesome guy.
If yer on bookbook, the caps are just popping up on Facebook on the 'A Tony B Project' group .. If not I can send him a note and see if they'll be anywhere else if you'd like dude.
Shit I'm late for work.
Talk soon guys!

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I agree. The RDAs are very nicely put together. Btw, yours arrive safe and sound yesterday? The Hadaly came yesterday and I’ve got her all set up on my “Darth Vaper” Little Orca. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree. The RDAs are very nicely put together. Btw, yours arrive safe and sound yesterday? The Hadaly came yesterday and I’ve got her all set up on my “Darth Vaper” Little Orca. Thanks!

Not yet glad to hear that yours made it safely. I have 2 already so no hurry probably today it will be here. Hadley looked great on my orca. I'm a hard sqeezer so me and hadaly never got along like we should have lol.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years

So then the big question is, why haven't you sold your 2 authentics and grabbed a couple clones?

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pulled the trigger paying deposit on the sandblasted neofet... Was having... Shit *still* having remorse. I've gone all 2x700 batteries and planned to stay that way.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years

I asked him on da book if he planned on making a mid to high end mod in the future. Because I like his style just not that mods quality, he said anything's possible with a winky, to me that's a yes lol

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pulled the trigger paying deposit on the sandblasted neofet... Was having... Shit *still* having remorse. I've gone all 2x700 batteries and planned to stay that way.
I think they will be a very easy resale if u dont like it once there out and people actually see them everybody and there mom will want one

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I just wanted to expand on my comparison of rayon wick vs Puff organic cotton pads...
I’ve figured out how to describe the difference.
Rayon has a sharp, clean flavor and the material doesn’t “hold” juice quite as well meaning that it’s quick to suck it up but quick to release it as well. This leads to a bit more spit back. I still like it and I think it will be more suited to use in RTAs.
Puff also has a clean flavor, but it’s more well rounded and I get more nuances of flavor from it. Also it holds onto liquid and is more reluctant to give it up which leads to less spitback. I also believe this leads to a denser vape because it throw less of the liquid off the coil in the form of spitback. Basically it gives the juice more of a chance to vaporize rather than just fly off the coil. I also have to Squonk less!!
Hope this helps someone. I’d love to hear other opinions on this never ending debate lol!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So then the big question is, why haven't you sold your 2 authentics and grabbed a couple clones?

I actually have 1 more ordered...the clear Haku caps are holding up the delivery from FT...1/3/18 was the caps stock date...which recently turned into delivery in 5 days

So in about 3 weeks I'll have equal amounts of clone vs authentic.

As for selling, I normally use items I have when my modest $600 a year Vape budget (not kidding...$50 a month ) which I used that $50 plus the money I got from you one month to buy the Neo Mara.

I currently have $100 roll over from last year and this months $50 to pay the deposit on the NeoFet, which surprisingly invoice went out this morning.

TL;DR they'll be sold when something I REALLY want is out of budget reach.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As for selling, I normally use items I have when my modest $600 a year Vape budget (not kidding...$50 a month ) which I used that $50 plus the money I got from you one month to buy the Neo Mara.

Ohh wow. I figured you for a higher vape budget.
Mine is around $25/mo or around 1/5 of what I was spending on Cigs 3 years ago. Would be a lower percentage now I suppose.

I have kinda pre-spent my vape budget till around April...
But then I will not actually need anything else for at least a year except for maybe a few packs of cotton bacon about mid year.

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I pd in full myself

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Same here but not because I'm rich, I just hate having the "debt" hanging over my budget. Example: got on the list for 3 topcaps for the Pinoy pocket d/s back around beginning of Dec. Should've shipped 2 weeks later but due to problem with raw materials, we are still waiting. But I know that $100 bill will come... it's just floating around the ozone somewhere. I hate that crap. No offense to Ronald, he seems like a great guy.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I actually have 1 more ordered...the clear Haku caps are holding up the delivery from FT...1/3/18 was the caps stock date...which recently turned into delivery in 5 days

So in about 3 weeks I'll have equal amounts of clone vs authentic.

I currently have $100 roll over from last year and this months $50 to pay the deposit on the NeoFet, which surprisingly invoice went out this morning.

TL;DR they'll be sold when something I REALLY want is out of budget reach.

Just sold the molly actually. Guy was hounding me for it and I haven't really been using it so I gave in.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Same here but not because I'm rich, I just hate having the "debt" hanging over my budget. Example: got on the list for 3 topcaps for the Pinoy pocket d/s back around beginning of Dec. Should've shipped 2 weeks later but due to problem with raw materials, we are still waiting. But I know that $100 bill will come... it's just floating around the ozone somewhere. I hate that crap. No offense to Ronald, he seems like a great guy.

Raphael will still bill ya the shipping cost ;) but at least the main debt is PiF.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
True, also 2 extra bottles but like you say, the biggest chunk is outta my hair.

Indeed... I only ordered one extra bottle... don't see myself vaping but one flavor in it nor removing said bottle much. So the old adage, 1 is none and 2 is 1...I have 1 LOL

within the next 20 mins, Raphy will be live again on FB

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
You get your Mojo in yet? Don't remember seeing you talk about receiving it
Na me and Raphaël were supposed to have a appt to talk about it yesterday but he never came. I've not bugged him at all about it so Im guessing I'm on the back burner.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Na me and Raphaël were supposed to have a appt to talk about it yesterday but he never came. I've not bugged him at all about it so Im guessing I'm on the back burner.

Don't feel you can't speak to him, its part of the job description and honestly in my experience he is very approachable.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Don't feel you can't speak to him, its part of the job description and honestly in my experience he is very approachable.
Just know he's been bust with the neofet so I backed off. I mean it is free kinda just want to trade it anyways lo

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just pre-ordered AVS's Boaz RDA, good deal with the coupon code and a free pack of coils. :D

That’s fantastic deal. The RDA looks pretty run of he mill to me, but after reading about it sounds like they made a bunch of subtle changes to the standard designs. $28 after the code and a free pack of coils is really nice.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
7227934a8e76c8d38ab89c872c4d52eb.jpg

Hmm

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hmmm - while Aspire makes wonderful starter atties, have never heard of them making a decent mod ever

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
based on "prisoner" from the 1970s, which was better

vinegar tits!
I remember Cell block H , revamped now a couple years back ,
Original one where they slammed the cell doors an walls shook lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors