Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
@derrickfosgate

Just want to formally thank you for vouch in limelight. I just heard from Maja and she is going to order me a hybrid block so I can end up with something like this:
View attachment 105375

But with a block similar to this:

View attachment 105379

I may be waiting 2 months. Next batch of blocks not due in for 3 weeks but man I am stoked. :)
How much do those sexy motherfuckers run? $500+ Id assume?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sweet very nice theres a few blocks online , you buy an send them ,
5942b979c043c161b38b58a4b6de1816.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Personally like the purple one at bottom an the blue resin cactus wood middle end ,

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How much do those sexy motherfuckers run? $500+ Id assume?

Yea pretty much depends on the price of the block and options u pick as far as 510 tips rings ect they make rings and tips out of the same block for matchy matchy then theres a variety of other options it gets exp but its a solid long lasting mod with life warranty

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea pretty much depends on the price of the block and options u pick as far as 510 tips rings ect they make rings and tips out of the same block for matchy matchy then theres a variety of other options it gets exp but its a solid long lasting mod with life warranty

That exactly what i wanna do , ive 3 blocks i already own i posted before , trying to decide which one to have used , but thinking i. going with this one first one multi coloured,
i think would come up nice mirror finished with matchy beauty ring tip an maybe coloured fire switch ,
Saving purple / blue for some else , an other would just be for doors an such
59fd40e142f409ebf945a0c81a22cfe6.jpg
46e50cbcc41e5bcd436f8f54b8a2cbc3.jpg
65ea0070169b3352bcfd1f8698013aee.jpg

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Are you having engraved switch or Cheroked switch colour, an fet or just mech

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That exactly what i wanna do , ive 3 blocks i already own i posted before , trying to decide which one to have used , but thinking i. going with this one first one multi coloured,
i think would come up nice mirror finished with matchy beauty ring tip an maybe coloured fire switch ,

Nice i have a block here but these hybrids are killin so this block is just a paper weight
1b69fca6f3a2ab38b08d7adfdff877d0.jpg
238894f8a5f281a64244694e216f1599.jpg
01e1a986100cc92b6f8174c3000ce1fd.jpg

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Iv seen a mod similar to that first block and with a polish mirror finish would be fanominal dont have the matte dull finish have it polished for sure

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Large silver plated nut in stock

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Example of a cheap mod then expensive shipping outweighs buying it ,
When postage costs more than item , , can be with Sqounker button or just sqounk hole
9830ca0c0be2d7debca0b17c08371287.jpg

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But that's my excuse for owning so many lol

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Its also why ive done so many NC converts , works same as switchfet ,
will be messaging them soon though to have freehand s made,
Then will stop looking buying for a while , be moving in few months so need pennies , new flooring decorating ect , an removals ,
Need to go out to shops too , but so cold , bloody sibirian weather here
926adb2eb56cfc791ce799b5f3e8d83c.jpg
aab1a0e7a65151c83d5082210b9bd20c.jpg

At least most snow has gone now , not good living up near West Pennine moors in winter

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice i have a block here but these hybrids are killin so this block is just a paper weight
1b69fca6f3a2ab38b08d7adfdff877d0.jpg
238894f8a5f281a64244694e216f1599.jpg
01e1a986100cc92b6f8174c3000ce1fd.jpg

A lot of the stain lines can come away once cut down , could come up really nice , but also nice to have a little hybrid coloured resin adds that little extra beauty to the block ,

Could be halved thickness an be a some good atty stands ,
Stabwood fever certain has caught on , now chins is mass producing mods with it ,
I do like the looks of artic Dolphin Amber mod , but would of been better with a Switchfet , id of took a chance on a random colour on one if they had used
them in there , just like that size shape ect , simple but every small and hand friendly
And price isnt bad depending on where you look , did see them at 80 usd , or 68£
67a9f32d72a7bd157158367312ac762d.jpg

Last edited:

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I could really imagine that bottom tan/brownish as a polished freehand fet with a ultem capped rda. That's what cool, you can just go wild with whatever your personal taste and preferences are. I almost passed out from lust when I saw this:

2018-02-27 13.25.08.png

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I could really imagine that bottom tan/brownish as a polished freehand fet with a ultem capped rda. That's what cool, you can just go wild with whatever your personal taste and preferences are. I almost passed out from lust when I saw this:

View attachment 105396

I seen a nice mixed green stab one on mod trader , few weeks back tried to buy it had for 250 euros from italy , 270 shipped said yeah give up PP email ,
but he never replied to anyone after that
at that price was a steal,

The rainbow one i posted other day is on ebay 340£ ,.was nice, but I can get mine made with all extras for that , tip an beauty ring with my own blocks there all around 123mm 46mm 67 mm
So could make a lipo dna or such with them ,

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Guys and Gals I'm gonna start a super secret fb group to start selling my one of a kinda beauty rings! But that's not what I call them, I call them the greatest fuckin SHIT ever made. Prototype below... Enjoy
269746de95138650dc1068900cb3434a.jpg

Pre-Order now, delivery in 7-10 weeks, Order Black get Ultem, order Ultem, get White... Order Nothing, well get nothing right? lol

EDIT: Oh come on thats some funny shit... Derrick Orders Black gets Ultem, I order Ultem and get White, you ordered nothing, and well getting nothing :sarcasm:

Last edited:

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Pre-Order now, delivery in 7-10 weeks, Order Black get Ultem, order Ultem, get White... Order Nothing, well get nothing right? lol

EDIT: Oh come on thats some funny shit... Derrick Orders Black gets Ultem, I order Ultem and get White, you ordered nothing, and well getting nothing :sarcasm:
Haha yup that's funny. I pulled a hit and run with that post, so I didn't see yours until now

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd agree, that's some funny s**t, unless you're one of the people involved in this mess! Paying and then waiting for weeks on end only to get the wrong s**t, I'd be madder than a deaf mute at a Bingo tournament!
Could still wave and one hand clap though ,

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have been enjoying the single coil Gorge since first received. It was worth paying a little extra to buy. Putting a 0.30 to 0.50 Ω build on it seems to do profoundly well. Had need to swap out coils yesterday evening, entropy and VG build up had won over cleaning. Went back to a rayon wick. Sure, I know this is probably trivial. Apologies if it seems wasteful time.
Nope...Cheers!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Haha yup that's funny. I pulled a hit and run with that post, so I didn't see yours until now

I figured you'd understand it

Some dude in Maine won the quick strike for my white NeoFet...

Told Raphaël 2 different pricing for shipping via usps...standard flat rate box and signature and insured for full amount. ($8 and $19) he said to mail it with signature.

Hope he doesn't think I'm paying for that lol or mailing it til I see DHL or TNT actually pick up my Ultem one.

Poor dude in Maine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
anyone order e-phoenix's budget squonk, The Fury? Kinda tempting
Dude a mod/device that costs $128 is not what I'd call a (BUDGET)

BELOW IS A DIRECT C&P FROM THEIR SITE.

! NEW !
THE FURY squonker mofset
Prix de lancement 121 CHF HT
Release price 121 Swiss francs ex-VAT

Introductory price 121 CHF before tax

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude a mod/device that costs $128 is not what I'd call a (BUDGET)

BELOW IS A DIRECT C&P FROM THEIR SITE.

! NEW !
THE FURY squonker mofset
Prix de lancement 121 CHF HT
Release price 121 Swiss francs ex-VAT

Introductory price 121 CHF before tax
You are correct in saying that is not a BUDGET priced item, however.....considering the manufacturer and the market today, it is a rather inexpensive mod. Many of the custom mods sell for much more than that, especially the MOSFET ones. Take it with a grain of salt, this $128 mod does exactly the same thing as a Pico Squeeze ($16 at FT) but it is prettier and has a brand name.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
You are correct in saying that is not a BUDGET priced item, however.....considering the manufacturer and the market today, it is a rather inexpensive mod. Many of the custom mods sell for much more than that, especially the MOSFET ones. Take it with a grain of salt, this $128 mod does exactly the same thing as a Pico Squeeze ($16 at FT) but it is prettier and has a brand name.

I love how time tells - I was one of the first to get a Pico Squeeze and really liked it - and many rolled their eyes at my tastes :cloud:

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is pretty nice looking but I'll watch some reviews on it first.
I think (Todd) did 1 a bit ago.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Watched a live QA session with Mooch a while ago.
Said he like his Pulse BF mod in spite of its voltage drop issue.
Liked the way it felt in his hand...

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Watched a live QA session with Mooch a while ago.
Said he like his Pulse BF mod in spite of its voltage drop issue.
Liked the way it felt in his hand...

As my quest for a livable regulated squonker continues - am considering trying out the new regulated Pulse, though the body of the OG just felt kinda cheap

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm waiting for Evolve to release the "Replay" firmware for the DNA 75C chip. it will be like TC for dummies and I surely belong in both groups...

The Pulse will have the gene chip, same one in the VooPoo Drag

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I figured you'd understand it

Some dude in Maine won the quick strike for my white NeoFet...

Told Raphaël 2 different pricing for shipping via usps...standard flat rate box and signature and insured for full amount. ($8 and $19) he said to mail it with signature.

Hope he doesn't think I'm paying for that lol or mailing it til I see DHL or TNT actually pick up my Ultem one.

Poor dude in Maine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it was who I think he's probably gonna dye it.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Pulse will have the gene chip, same one in the VooPoo Drag
I don't have any mods with that chip, I have several DNA chip mods and we're getting along well. If you are strictly a wattage vaper and TC is of no interest to you, then I can see the regulated Pulse be a better choice , depending on price. I already have two Therion 75C mods and vape mostly in TC mode (Lunas and Pico are the exceptions) so for me "Replay" is of some interest.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It would be really nice to see one of the techno savvy guys do a side by side comparison between the DNA and the Gene chip.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I don't have any mods with that chip, I have several DNA chip mods and we're getting along well. If you are strictly a wattage vaper and TC is of no interest to you, then I can see the regulated Pulse be a better choice , depending on price. I already have two Therion 75C mods and vape mostly in TC mode (Lunas and Pico are the exceptions) so for me "Replay" is of some interest.
But if you already have a certain build you use and temp profile set up cant you just put that on all your dna mods? If so wouldn't that kinda make replay useless and more for someone that doesn't know temp control?
Remember this is coming from someone that never really used tc and barley used regulated mods. I got into mech's pretty quickly. Now I'm starting to enjoy the occasional regulated.

VU Sponsors