Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been considering getting the kit below for about a week or so.

http://www.3fvape.com/mechanical-mo...allic-resin-75ml-1-x-18650-22mm-diameter.html

authentic-wismec-luxotic-100w-squonk-box-mod-tobhino-bf-rda-kit-swirled-metallic-resin-75ml-1-x-18650-22mm-diameter.jpg

I'd love to know if it has any issues before I pull the trigger.

I've heard only good things about it (Mod)...minus the bottle... which is understandable for a mod as inexpensive as it is...and there was a video from Mike Vapes about modifying it to use a better bottle.

I don't own one myself, but I'd rock it, if it was given to me.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So my Cotton Bacon Prime arrived today, wicked up one of the Haku's... looks the same as V2 just a tad brighter...seems to wick the same as V2...but only had 2 hits before the flavor normalized rather than 3-5 hits as the V2.

So I would have to say their claim of 33% faster absorption would be about right in my book based upon time of normalization.

Where this is going to shine is in RTAs - been using it in my work and beddie-by RTAs and it does wick like a champ

Don't think it will make that much difference on a squonker, unless you move to it from Rayon, which is notoriously slow wicking at first

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've heard only good things about it (Mod)...minus the bottle... which is understandable for a mod as inexpensive as it is...and there was a video from Mike Vapes about modifying it to use a better bottle.

I don't own one myself, but I'd rock it, if it was given to me.
Thanks and I'm still on the fence about the Pico Squeeze for some odd reason.

I'd also like to get an RSA that comes preset with the BF-pin installed.That way I don't wind up getting frustrated.The way I did with the Haku.
What a nightmare shit-show that turned out to be.
It still sits in pieces.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where this is going to shine is in RTAs - been using it in my work and beddie-by RTAs and it does wick like a champ

Don't think it will make that much difference on a squonker, unless you move to it from Rayon, which is notoriously slow wicking at first
Doesn't Rayon also suffer from (Dry Hit of Death Syndrome)

hariboholmes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I've been considering getting the kit below for about a week or so.

http://www.3fvape.com/mechanical-mo...allic-resin-75ml-1-x-18650-22mm-diameter.html

authentic-wismec-luxotic-100w-squonk-box-mod-tobhino-bf-rda-kit-swirled-metallic-resin-75ml-1-x-18650-22mm-diameter.jpg

I'd love to know if it has any issues before I pull the trigger.
Seems to be getting very good reviews!

Looks to be the same or similar chip to what's found inside the Luna mod by Asmodus.

I've just ordered the Ultem one and the Resin one to have a play with :) Bought just the mods though as the RDA looks pretty mediocre.

I'll probably get an SXK Supersonic for one and wait for SXK Armor 2.0 to top the second one.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

hariboholmes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Thanks and I'm still on the fence about the Pico Squeeze for some odd reason.

I'd also like to get an RSA that comes preset with the BF-pin installed.That way I don't wind up getting frustrated.The way I did with the Haku.
What a nightmare shit-show that turned out to be.
It still sits in pieces.
I'd definitely go with the Luxotic over the Squeeze. Operation will be similar but the Luxotic looks better quality, has a nicer button and a bigger bottle with the possibility of silicon option coming soon.

Yes the Pico is cheaper yes , but what's a few dollars matter when it's probably something you will use every day, also Pico is limited to 22mm atties.

As for the pin situation, most RDA's come with the solid pin installed and the Bf pin desperate. TBH if you are incapable of performing the simple task of swapping a 510 pin over using a flat/hex driver then maybe this ain't the hobby for you

I mean come on... If you can't install a bf pin without destroying the RDA how the fuck you gonna install a coil

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seems to be getting very good reviews!

Looks to be the same or similar chip to what's found inside the Luna mod by Asmodus.

I've just ordered the Ultem one and the Resin one to have a play with :) Bought just the mods though as the RDA looks pretty mediocre.

I'll probably get an SXK Supersonic for one and wait for SXK Armor 2.0 to top the second one.

Todd seemed to like it.He even said he'd keep it.

EDIT : IN THE CART IT GOES

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd definitely go with the Luxotic over the Squeeze. Operation will be similar but the Luxotic looks better quality, has a nicer button and a bigger bottle with the possibility of silicon option coming soon.

Yes the Pico is cheaper yes , but what's a few dollars matter when it's probably something you will use every day, also Pico is limited to 22mm atties.

As for the pin situation, most RDA's come with the solid pin installed and the Bf pin desperate. TBH if you are incapable of performing the simple task of swapping a 510 pin over using a flat/hex driver then maybe this ain't the hobby for you

I mean come on... If you can't install a bf pin without destroying the RDA how the fuck you gonna install a coil

You do understand my issues I hope.
I have severe nerve damage in both hands.
Can you say "constant pain and very shaky hands"
Imagine getting hit by a large hammer every half hour or so on each hand.Now you know what is like to be me...Cheers!

HREGAAAD-1-500-f-7971CD0A.jpg

Last edited:

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Well for the price I'll see what I can do with em.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
They aren't supposed to be perfect. You just can't get perfect prints without a little sanding from these kinds of printers unfortunately. There's always going to be small lines where it was printed in layers.
I've seen some people get a perfect finish from putting epoxy on the prints? Not something I've tried though because I dont try to print perfection any more. Used to do that and I was wasting my time and lots of materials. You can get smooth and shiny from abs but it comes out so shiny it looks like a cheap toy and I prefer this look better. Lol
Here's a stomp v1 I just tried and it came out decent.
391e93b02720de71ab4ff065f10b7f88.jpg
fc2a77a30951a37baf99a9b8f949d0dc.jpg
a1509a50d827d49a5c9305e921e044df.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
So Raphael has my Ultem mod built and will be shipping it within a day or so ( Supposedly ) which set in motion a semi-long discussion ;)

View attachment 105455

The last line from me says, "Hits like a wet Noodle"

then I proceed with...

View attachment 105456

Other Mosfet is the Pico which hits 3.75v lol

He was surprised on this...which I thought he would be....

View attachment 105457

View attachment 105458

sent him video of it hitting 3.34v

Sending it back to him, he says there is probably a bad solder and that his are hitting 3.8v+

Now the issue is the dude who bought the White NeoFet.... which isn't my problem lol.

Raphael did thank me for checking it and not to send it to Mark in Maine lol

Just figured this would of been checked before being shipping... I know it adds time to a one man assembly line...but yeah

Asked him, please check mine before it leaves would ya ;) LOL
He still won't fuckin answer me

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
He told me monday he would ship my mod out tues morn i hit him today asking if my correct mod was shipped he said sir i have to build it i only no this 24hrs i need time i told him my patience is gone i want a full refund spares and all he says no prob so we will see tomorrow or pp claim here i come

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Wish I could get a refund

Khanninnarh

Member For 3 Years
Holy fuck a special shout out to (Grimm Green & mecha101) if you haven't seen this yet trust me you're going to want to watch.
Simple easy hack and no damn Dremel needed.

https://instagram.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn...01_1009744705831207_8604642514231623680_n.mp4

EDIT: TURN YOUR SOUND DOWN THE MUSIC IS KIND OF LOUD

REEDIT : 7ml Arctic Dolphin silicone bottle.

Seems like Arctic Dolphin has changed their 7ml bottle. (Metal ring with a small hole to enable easy refill. Kind of like the Lost Vapes one) Wonder if the new bottle works as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Jaybo said that they have a silicon bottle coming out for the luxotic,but who knows when that will be available.They are probably going to release version 2 with the silicon bottle so that you have to buy another mod knowing how China works.The only place I've seen still selling the Artic Dolphin V1 bottles is Gearbest,and they have them priced at $10 each.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Man I needed that.... that was some awesome shit to read right there. ;)

EDIT: Forgot to add context...

Hardware section ;)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got it to fit. But may have to redo it.

I had to strip and bend wire to fit, then tin alreadyshaped before attaching.

But positive is a bit long?

Any advice appreciated.

Luckily the other wires can be thinner
9307a24b48b44fcbebe1901e4006fa92.jpg
7079ee06b56ecbfe78c84a57b532b611.jpg

Would be hard to run semi solid copper sleeved wire than insulated twisted?

I thought about building an orca 75C but wanted to use solid wire.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Should be similar. Just the cradle for the board is really tight with where the wires need to go.

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Put an LG HG6 20650 battery in my S-Rabbit Squonk Clone

Door does not sit flush but I've been using it without the door and it's been great
71e5013dbda2a74012da70ff92272851.jpg
85602420d7fe5c61830d74f106684d30.jpg
f8937a3b1d22ea1a6c935323927af464.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

No idea what kinds of wire you're talking about here, but I've been thinking about repurposing a DNA 75 board so please, enlighten the slow kid:cool:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No idea what kinds of wire you're talking about here, but I've been thinking about repurposing a DNA 75 board so please, enlighten the slow kid:cool:

My specially when I was in the field was exposed architectural duct work. I am also pretty handy with wiring and conduit, wiring up a mod is just a scaled down version of piping.

Instead of using wire as seen with Dogman's build, I'd use solid wire and bend to fit, it's a much more intensive process, and solid wire can be ran at a gauge smaller and maintain the same current, if I recall correctly has something to due with skin affect, and ohms...twisted wire is helix and over all same length insulated wires, twisted would be slightly longer and resistance slightly higher.

In the grand scheme of it, the difference would be negligible, but I'd like the challenge of fitting the wire and rather than using let's say 14gauge I could use 16 which is a teeny bit thinner.

Twisted (stranded) wire is cheaper and easier to work with though.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My specially when I was in the field was exposed architectural duct work. I am also pretty handy with wiring and conduit, wiring up a mod is just a scaled down version of piping.

Instead of using wire as seen with Dogman's build, I'd use solid wire and bend to fit, it's a much more intensive process, and solid wire can be ran at a gauge smaller and maintain the same current, if I recall correctly has something to due with skin affect, and ohms...twisted wire is helix and over all same length insulated wires, twisted would be slightly longer and resistance slightly higher.

In the grand scheme of it, the difference would be negligible, but I'd like the challenge of fitting the wire and rather than using let's say 14gauge I could use 16 which is a teeny bit thinner.

Twisted (stranded) wire is cheaper and easier to work with though.

So, am I understanding this right? I can use 16 gauge solid instead of 14 gauge twisted? I understand that when using the solid copper wire you need to cut and fit better than when using twisted wires since the solid wire is not as malleable. In that case, why not use 16g fine silver wire and shrink wrap it?

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Jaybo said that they have a silicon bottle coming out for the luxotic,but who knows when that will be available.They are probably going to release version 2 with the silicon bottle so that you have to buy another mod knowing how China works.The only place I've seen still selling the Artic Dolphin V1 bottles is Gearbest,and they have them priced at $10 each.
!!! OUCHIES !!!

VU Sponsors