Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Some dude in Maine, Mark something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup he's always buying nice mods, dyes them and resells them. Not for a ton more then rrp either. At least from the couple I've seen plug, cloak and maybe a Mölly? Either way that's him.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But if you already have a certain build you use and temp profile set up cant you just put that on all your dna mods? If so wouldn't that kinda make replay useless and more for someone that doesn't know temp control?
Remember this is coming from someone that never really used tc and barley used regulated mods. I got into mech's pretty quickly. Now I'm starting to enjoy the occasional regulated.

That will definitely work. The idea of the 'Replay" as I understand it, is that when you get that "perfect" draw/vape, regardless of build, it will replicate it.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That will definitely work. The idea of the 'Replay" as I understand it, is that when you get that "perfect" draw/vape, regardless of build, it will replicate it.

Interesting... wonder why there would be a difference then.

Say you have a 430 profile... 440f 25w 1.5 sec punch at 50w... and you go wow, thats a good vape... hit replay...is it just going to give you the duration again regardless of button press length cause the other parameters are the same.

That is all I can figure the replay would be good for.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Say you have a 430 profile... 440f 25w 1.5 sec punch at 50w... and you go wow, thats a good vape... hit replay...is it just going to give you the duration again regardless of button press length cause the other parameters are the same.

I could give you more details in a month...or three, whenever the firmware will be available:wave: I had a chance to watch the interview with Brandon and DJLsb(?) and Brandon was showing off the new toy. They took an rda off a squonk mod, put it on one of the new mods and Daniel kept vaping on it without dripping more (after he set replay) and no dry hits.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That was an interesting video... I would rock a Squonk with that feature

That's what I mean! If it really works, it would be great. Brandon did say that one of his people was using NiChrome coils and it worked with them too even though Evolv said it works best with SS wire.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's what I mean! If it really works, it would be great. Brandon did say that one of his people was using NiChrome coils and it worked with them too even though Evolv said it works best with SS wire.

Daniel did say that the flavor was pretty much the same... Although I really think he wanted to do some damage by saying more than he did on vapor and warmth.

It's piqued my interest though...and the upside is any DNA-C this is available for with the firmware.

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Busardo did a review on the Voodoo Drag back in April, 2017 and was pretty impressed with the Gene chip/board's accuracy and smooth TC.

An hour long but if you jump to about 53:20, you can see core temps and hear final thoughts, thumbs up/downs.

I'm looking forward to a squonker with this chip but I just hope the mod casing itself doesn't feel cheap and flimsy.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Daniel did say that the flavor was pretty much the same... Although I really think he wanted to do some damage by saying more than he did on vapor and warmth.

It's piqued my interest though...and the upside is any DNA-C this is available for with the firmware.

The only hitch in the getalong is that you have to use the international version of eScribe.
Busardo did a review on the Voodoo Drag back in April, 2017 and was pretty impressed with the Gene chip/board's accuracy and smooth TC.

An hour long but if you jump to about 53:20, you can see core temps and hear final thoughts, thumbs up/downs.

I'm looking forward to a squonker with this chip but I just hope the mod casing itself doesn't feel cheap and flimsy.
That too sounds interesting, but I'll wait for you guys to get one first. Too many times I have bought the first release and it wasn't what I really wanted....

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
On my current list of mods to catch your eye, one from Thir13en. Built like a tank but compact & ergonomic. Will be a little before I get one but figure it will be got as a backup for backups. It is listed as a want.

A need is a new TAB, voltage tester for doing builds. Noticed a day or two ago the issue/s with my current one crept back up to being fouled again. It had been doing alright for a bit. Might even decide upon getting one for $10 or less. Seems paying more for quality doesn't work out in these for me.

Another need will be more batteries. Keep rotating out on charging up a lot. That's all good and well yet know the more charging cycles equates to holding less and less charge. So, more batteries to charge would reduce the number cycling times.

Blood work on morrow, one case will be for the endocrinologist and the other case which is full panel will be for the GP. She wants me to get a liver check via blood work as none have been done the whole time I've been on testosterone. Her thoughts were elegantly stated, stupid doctors could fuck up two wet dogs fucking in a cyclone.

Liver testing ought to be strictly monitored on testosterone. That isn't exactly a pleasantly stated suggestion to be forgot, it's kind of a mandated part of treatment. Think she is figuring with the weight gain there's something going on which ought not be besides my sedentary living.

Well, reckon it'll be sorted.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
preorders, so don't order these

but for picture purposes, FT has the berserker rda for $42

and elegomall has pics of the regulated 80w pulse up

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
preorders, so don't order these

but for picture purposes, FT has the berserker rda for $42

and elegomall has pics of the regulated 80w pulse up

Berserker RDA pre-order is $25.99 at 3FVape. But yeah.. no need to jump on it unless you want to throw 26 bucks in the air for a couple months.
Estimated stock arrival is March 31st

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
@SteelDriver It's hard to hold both together at once

5ac89ed79ae9bdfe3679f395ed20d8fc.jpg

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I could give you more details in a month...or three, whenever the firmware will be available:wave: I had a chance to watch the interview with Brandon and DJLsb(?) and Brandon was showing off the new toy. They took an rda off a squonk mod, put it on one of the new mods and Daniel kept vaping on it without dripping more (after he set replay) and no dry hits.
That was an interesting video... I would rock a Squonk with that feature

Did you guys see this yet? Definitely not cheap but 250c Squonk. I'm sure quite a few will drop soon but it's cool to see someone already getting ready

https://gingervaper.com/product/box...20700-with-evolv-dna250c-temperature-control/

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@So619Cal this is the video I was talking about. From about the 8:00 minute mark

So only 10% of dna users run TC all the time because it's too fiddly. How do we change that... replay.

Start in wattage mode, find the vape you like, set replay.

Ok, fine. Supposedly, according to some study, VG carcinogens start rising around 410F, Pg at 480. So at 70vg/30pg personally I don't want my vape to reach over 430f.

But my question would be, in replay mode does the screen actually tell me what the temp is reaching? If not, then what's the purpose? I watched from 8 min almost to the end and they never really say. If I can set replay and never break 430F then great but if the screen just says "playing", then how will I know.

Guess I'll just wait and see what kind of feedback it actually gives on the tempurature. Maybe you can see it in escribe but then I'm sliding back toward fiddly.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So only 10% of dna users run TC all the time because it's too fiddly. How do we change that... replay.

Ok, fine. Supposedly, according to some study, VG carcinogens start rising around 410F, Pg at 480. So at 70vg/30pg personally I don't want my vape to reach over 430f.

But my question would be, in replay mode does the screen actually tell me what the temp is reaching? If not, then what's the purpose? I watched from 8 min almost to the end and they never really say. If I can set replay and never break 430F then great but if the screen just says "playing", then how will I know.

Guess I'll just wait and see what kind of feedback it actually gives on the tempurature. Maybe you can see it in escribe but then I'm sliding back toward fiddly.
I believe 'Replay" works in TC also. In that case you will know the temp you're using.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So Raphael has my Ultem mod built and will be shipping it within a day or so ( Supposedly ) which set in motion a semi-long discussion ;)

upload_2018-2-28_6-35-7.png

The last line from me says, "Hits like a wet Noodle"

then I proceed with...

upload_2018-2-28_6-36-29.png

Other Mosfet is the Pico which hits 3.75v lol

He was surprised on this...which I thought he would be....

upload_2018-2-28_6-38-0.png

upload_2018-2-28_6-38-47.png

sent him video of it hitting 3.34v

Sending it back to him, he says there is probably a bad solder and that his are hitting 3.8v+

Now the issue is the dude who bought the White NeoFet.... which isn't my problem lol.

Raphael did thank me for checking it and not to send it to Mark in Maine lol

Just figured this would of been checked before being shipping... I know it adds time to a one man assembly line...but yeah

Asked him, please check mine before it leaves would ya ;) LOL

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well he setting up a pick of the mod from FedEx I guess...told him the price USPS shipping there, and he was like, "No No I'll set up a pick up, USPS is shit"

well alrighty then foo-foo ;)

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I think the point of the whole thing is that Evolve realized 90% of their users don't even use the DNA chip for what it is best at. I don't think they are trying to help or convert the 10% of people that do. It is made to get the other 90% something that is somewhat safer but definitely unique to them. Otherwise why pay such high prices for a regular VV/VW chip (Even though most of us know how great it is comparatively to others)

Hopefully it does work in TC mode. But from his explanation it didn't sound like it did.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So Raphael has my Ultem mod built and will be shipping it within a day or so ( Supposedly ) which set in motion a semi-long discussion ;)

View attachment 105455

The last line from me says, "Hits like a wet Noodle"

then I proceed with...

View attachment 105456

Other Mosfet is the Pico which hits 3.75v lol

He was surprised on this...which I thought he would be....

View attachment 105457

View attachment 105458

sent him video of it hitting 3.34v

Sending it back to him, he says there is probably a bad solder and that his are hitting 3.8v+

Now the issue is the dude who bought the White NeoFet.... which isn't my problem lol.

Raphael did thank me for checking it and not to send it to Mark in Maine lol

Just figured this would of been checked before being shipping... I know it adds time to a one man assembly line...but yeah

Asked him, please check mine before it leaves would ya ;) LOL

Well thanks for that...

Screenshot_2018-02-28-10-27-51-1.png

Not going to hold my breath.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

An will back off as cotton dries up
so you dont get dry hit ,
like wattage setup ,
but looks to offer a good hit right up to dry cotton
then just re-sqounk or re-drip ,
so looks to prevent dry hits like TC but works on most wires,
Some none TC type
for wattage mode this is what the new features offers sounds great but will have a lot of people trying once drops on all sorts of wires then maybe fine tune with future updates

thats the Idea but can get good vape past normally where you would usually have to re drip.
So maybe extra couple of hits to
Vape dry without the Burnt cotton.
( TC but not TC that is the question lol )

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Browsing the ole FaceSlut and saw a recent post of a guy with James Mucklin Coils (JMC)

Here is the picture I saw that made me giggle...

upload_2018-2-28_10-0-19.png

Nice hand check right? Rocking the New Armor 2.0 and the Cycloid....

Now the humor... being Filipino I sometimes catch myself saying shit twice, like two too or saying and twice...etc or what not...

So the sticker for his coil containers to me reads, James Mucklin Coils Coils lol

Ok maybe not funny...

Back to being weird by myself I guess lol

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Browsing the ole FaceSlut and saw a recent post of a guy with James Mucklin Coils (JMC)

Here is the picture I saw that made me giggle...

View attachment 105460

Nice hand check right? Rocking the New Armor 2.0 and the Cycloid....

Now the humor... being Filipino I sometimes catch myself saying shit twice, like two too or saying and twice...etc or what not...

So the sticker for his coil containers to me reads, James Mucklin Coils Coils lol

Ok maybe not funny...

Back to being weird by myself I guess lol
Lol yeah James mucky coils ,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why am I such an idiot procrastinator?
I just dug out a refill bottle that was stashed since I got it and gave it a first try. It sure beats my five year old green acres method. Fill that bad boy plum to the top without having to stop and keep wiping off the tube top while screwing the bottle cap back on.
:facepalm:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Why am I such an idiot procrastinator?
I just dug out a refill bottle that was stashed since I got it and gave it a first try. It sure beats my five year old green acres method. Fill that bad boy plum to the top without having to stop and keep wiping off the tube top while screwing the bottle cap back on.
:facepalm:

Did the same damn thing about a month ago - once I got the refillers, I was dubious and thought - well, its not that hard to refill my old fashioned way

What a moron decision - REFILL BOTTLES RULE

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hopefully you get an Ultem/Black and not a Black with Ultem lol or like me, White *facepalm*
He told me monday he would ship my mod out tues morn i hit him today asking if my correct mod was shipped he said sir i have to build it i only no this 24hrs i need time i told him my patience is gone i want a full refund spares and all he says no prob so we will see tomorrow or pp claim here i come

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

My only problem with that mod/device is it requires 2 batteries/cells.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So my Cotton Bacon Prime arrived today, wicked up one of the Haku's... looks the same as V2 just a tad brighter...seems to wick the same as V2...but only had 2 hits before the flavor normalized rather than 3-5 hits as the V2.

So I would have to say their claim of 33% faster absorption would be about right in my book based upon time of normalization.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't hate the mod...hate the process of obtaining the correct said mod ;)
O i hate the mod the process the person i hate it all and if im correct the mod u got or should i say wrong mod u got wasnt even 100% might as well say defunct mod lmao

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors