Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

Jakeman02

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is surprisingly good. And small as it is I never oversquonk it.
https://www.fasttech.com/p/6425000

I also like this very well but you have to mod a 3mm squonk pin for it. Grind a bit of the head off.
https://www.fasttech.com/p/6425000

I also like these drip tips.
https://www.fasttech.com/p/5213000

I'm really liking the Shift BF also. Been my most used atty since I got it and it's also the only atty I've never oversquonked or experienced any leaking, condensation, etc even getting aggressive with it. Seems strange from such a small chamber but it's by far the most leak resistant squonker I've used.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm really liking the Shift BF also. Been my most used atty since I got it and it's also the only atty I've never oversquonked or experienced any leaking, condensation, etc even getting aggressive with it. Seems strange from such a small chamber but it's by far the most leak resistant squonker I've used.

It IS a pretty awesome lil thang tho lol

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone here have any idea where I could find spare 510 pins for the Vicious Ant Cyclone??

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You got me so tight the wick blocks it or something. I am sure it I tried I could over squonk, but I tried a little and it still did not come out the intake...
I am amazed.
The BF Shift clone.

I sure have over squonked every other atty at one time or three.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is the juice dispensing hole as high as it looks in the pictures? Like in too far aloft to drain completely?

I haven't fully investigated this, but I imagine it doesn't drain completely. But with the compact size of the well/chamber it's really not that big of a deal

Jakeman02

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Is the juice dispensing hole as high as it looks in the pictures? Like in too far aloft to drain completely?

It has 2 feed holes, 1 on each side of the block just below the positive connector screws. Kind of a unique design, it feeds right into the cotton almost directly into the coil.
If I'm understanding the hole your talking about is on the outer edge on the elevated portion, opposite the negative screws. That hole is for a screw in the cap to fit in for alignment.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The pin is "convertible". Trust me, you'll definitely want it in squonk mode. The well is minuscule

You mean I have to drill the pin? Can't swap?

I hate dripping and won't even try it

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
There are two shift attys. If it's the Shift BF then all that needs to be done is remove the phillips screw from the 510 connector on the bottom and its a squonker.

Nice - pin removed. I thought I would have to replace it with a FDV. This is better for me right now

KentA

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It has 2 feed holes, 1 on each side of the block just below the positive connector screws. Kind of a unique design, it feeds right into the cotton almost directly into the coil.
If I'm understanding the hole your talking about is on the outer edge on the elevated portion, opposite the negative screws. That hole is for a screw in the cap to fit in for alignment.
Yea, the holes "on each side of the block just below the positive connector screws" just look too high to drain as BrewBear confirmed.

That's important to me, but Cromwell swears it's a good rda, & I can appreciate a low profile, so I'll just need to try it.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I haven't fully investigated this, but I imagine it doesn't drain completely. But with the compact size of the well/chamber it's really not that big of a deal
Can you make a video so that I can understand what you're saying

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea, the holes "on each side of the block just below the positive connector screws" just look too high to drain as BrewBear confirmed.

That's important to me, but Cromwell swears it's a good rda, & I can appreciate a low profile, so I'll just need to try it.
It is a good tight draw flavor atty. Good as a squonker, don't think I would even consider using one as a dripper though. Too much trouble.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just so you guys understand my idea of MTL, I have 2 Shift BF, with the little air flow screw closed/open -however you look at it blocking the air- it is still too airy for me. The Chalice lll has the afc 1/2 closed. The Vicious Ant Cyclone would probably be good as well, and I think the RM2 will fit in there. I have 2 O-16mm and one is set on the smallest openings for MTL, the other on the medium size openings for restricted DL. I also have a O-16mm tank and that one is single coil, set to the smallest opening for MTL.
That being said, what other BF RDA should I be looking for?

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And to add to my frustratinon with vaping gear, tho not a squonk mod, I just received my Radius from Prorape! The f-ing thing is giving me a code 8 error and I have to send it back to be fixed. I'm as mad as a deaf - mute at a drive thru window.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just so you guys understand my idea of MTL, I have 2 Shift BF, with the little air flow screw closed/open -however you look at it blocking the air- it is still too airy for me. The Chalice lll has the afc 1/2 closed. The Vicious Ant Cyclone would probably be good as well, and I think the RM2 will fit in there. I have 2 O-16mm and one is set on the smallest openings for MTL, the other on the medium size openings for restricted DL. I also have a O-16mm tank and that one is single coil, set to the smallest opening for MTL.
So you like it butthole tight.
The shift BF clone is the tightest atty I have. at least and still give a good vape.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
...said the guy I had to help with Velocity pin removal and his first Goon conversion :facepalm:
Goons are easy you just have to grind the head down some unless you like your atty riding high off the mod.
And depending on the bf pin shorten the threaded end some.
Dremel with the little brittle cutting discs works great for both duties. Also a vise (padded) to hold what you are working on unless you want the screw to launch into the stratosphere.
Vise grips with a bit of rubber tape on the jaws works fine.

Now a 22mm Tsunami is a royal pita to squonkify unless you have a nice lathe with a center bore attachment. If you have that just drill out the 510 pin.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Goons are easy you just have to grind the head down some unless you like your atty riding high off the mod.
And depending on the bf pin shorten the threaded end some. .

I know - I'm the one who showed someone who thinks I'm ditzy how to do it with a file and vise :wait:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know - I'm the one who showed someone who thinks I'm ditzy how to do it with a file and vise :wait:
yep file and vise works too.
Also Sandpaper on a solid flat surface works ok too. Just slower.
A block of polished marble is good for that.

I figure you are pretty handy with things.

A 10 inch illuminated magnifying glass on an adjustable boom sure helps too.

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

BrewBear,maybe this will be what your looking for.
daf19702b22cd73a9bce0523c95c8a15.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Is that the one from @dre? He was selling one this morning but I sank my $$$ in a Prorape Radius so I have to wait for payday!
Mine is the updated one with adjustable airflow. I traded that as of yesterday. Just the manta is left for ya

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is that the one from @dre? He was selling one this morning but I sank my $$$ in a Prorape Radius so I have to wait for payday!
This is mine. It's the original NoFear from NoName mods.Non adjustable airflow that is pretty damn tight.Single coil only,14mm.I'm probably going to get rid of this since I'm a DL vapor.LMK if your interested in it!

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine is the updated one with adjustable airflow. I traded that as of yesterday. Just the manta is left for ya

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Got it! I'm just as poor now as I was this morning so all I can do is look at the posts, wish I hadn't spent money on the Radius and hope someday another one will be available.

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am interested, but I'll have to wait another week. Gas in the car takes precedence this week.
Send me a PM when you get a chance.We can work something out.Trade,or I can hold it for ya.I haven't listed it anywhere.

VU Sponsors