Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is the primary reason I build stuff. I really don't need to, I have access to a lot of wire types, but it's a zen thing after a while, as long as it isn't going to hell..plus I like experimenting on new stuff. That's why I've been doing all the braids, it's more orderly and doesn't require power drills :D it's just another layer to this hobby / job for me. I don't pretend to be an expert at it but I'm happy with the more intricate stuff I've made, and more importantly, I had more fun making it than I do vaping on it. If that isn't the case for people wanting to do the complex builds, they're gonna get real frustrated haha

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
By Zen you mean like the guy from the steak and shake commercials......

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Most of the braids I haven't vaped on. But I vape on the aliens and staples. And a couple of the braids are actually really good

The braid I want to try is the Slentre Braid...it looks like a PITA though!! I would love to have a Alien Wire Length inside of it as a core with the Braid wrapped around it....

47bgVJS.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The braid I want to try is the Slentre Braid...it looks like a PITA though!! I would love to have a Alien Wire Length inside of it as a core with the Braid wrapped around it....

47bgVJS.jpg
Fuck that..... Holy shit....

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yea but you already braid very well....Ive never tried any braid...Im pretty sure theres a learning curve....but Im sure with practice I could pull it off...I just dont know if I have the time for that.
Trust me..
you could, it's really not a difficult braid at all, the difficulty comes in making it consistent and even for me. That was 2x 28g, and 10x 36g

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea but you already braid very well....Ive never tried any braid...Im pretty sure theres a learning curve....but Im sure with practice I could pull it off...I just dont know if I have the time for that.
I can French braid my own hair, but have a hard time doing others; well unless I sit in their lap and reach around like I'm doing my own hair...

There's a dirty joke there somewhere...

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Trust me..
you could, it's really not a difficult braid at all, the difficulty comes in making it consistent and even for me. That was 2x 28g, and 10x 36g

Its that Zen thing your talking about..... I start effing and get Pissed off and throw the cat across the room....... Well I don't throw the cat, but my patience.......

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Its that Zen thing your talking about..... I start effing and get Pissed off and throw the cat across the room....... Well I don't throw the cat, but my patience.......

You just gotta do it cuz you enjoy doing it. If it's purely to vape on, then it's just worth sticking to claptons / fused claptons. Or buy premade

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Looks like something I would do:

12558329_471984302994064_1985392995_n.jpg
That braid works with any core, since you're obviously just braiding around it... once I get a little better I'm going for staples for sure. Sounds like something I actually would vape on. The benefits of staples and braids combined. But damn that's a time investment to make. That slentre braid, especially with 36g, takes FOR EVER and by the time you get halfway done your arms and back are burning from holding in place. Ugh haha

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You just gotta do it cuz you enjoy doing it. If it's purely to vape on, then it's just worth sticking to claptons / fused claptons. Or buy premade

One of my friends is big on building coils and he said that claptons are the best all around without the "diminishing returns" of being hard/complicated/time consuming. He said that for an average Vaper they only really need claptons for flavour/clouds. But he has fun (like you Raymo) making new and exciting builds.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That braid works with any core, since you're obviously just braiding around it... once I get a little better I'm going for staples for sure. Sounds like something I actually would vape on. The benefits of staples and braids combined. But damn that's a time investment to make. That slentre braid, especially with 36g, takes FOR EVER and by the time you get halfway done your arms and back are burning from holding in place. Ugh haha

I know what you mean...some of those SSFC's I have had to wrap by hand and it can take a couple hours for Dual Coils...
Hand wrapped:
20160510_152510.jpg 20160510_152540.jpg

I believe that framed Staples and Alien Framed Staples are the best vape out there but Fused claptons offer great performance for anyone

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Raymo, show him that pretty one with the helix or whatever it was that I loved on IG!

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
One of my friends is big on building coils and he said that clapton'd are the best all around without the "diminishing returns" of being hard/complicated/time consuming. He said that for an average Vaper they only really need claptons for flavour/clouds. But he has fun (like you Raymo) making new and exciting builds.
I'd agree with that. I definitely prefer more than regular claptons on a lot of tanks. But there are some where regular clapton are the best choice. And I would definitely agree for the average vaper, clapton is the most you need. But some of those builds perform way better. Granted, most of the fancy stuff is just for looks. But some is definitely for performance

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I know what you mean...some of those SSFC's I have had to wrap by hand and it can take a couple hours for Dual Coils...
Hand wrapped:
View attachment 53120 View attachment 53121

I believe that framed Staples and Alien Framed Staples are the best vape out there but Fused claptons offer great performance for anyone
See, if I spent two hours wrapping it, you can be damn sure I'd manage to ruin it coiling it lol

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
See, if I spent two hours wrapping it, you can be damn sure I'd manage to ruin it coiling it lol

I was definitely scared I would have but whats the point if you dont try!
I ruined a set of Framed Staples I made with 48g outer wrap coiling it...the outer wrap exploded when being coiled from the pressure....but I did get 2 coils that came out without any breaks afterwards....I was just a bit nicer when wrapping them.

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Framed Staple Helix...

Also a hand wrapped coil...I should have twisted the sides more then I did but it came out okay..
I really do love the look. It reminds me of braided hair. (Though it isn't a braid)

Definitely one of my favourites of yours.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Did you use a kit with that switch mech or build it from the bottom up?

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered parts and mostly bought them on eBay..... Had some buddies from Reddit send me planograms for different boards and slowly built it watching YouTube videos for drilling the holes and different boxes.......

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finding the switch was the challenging part..... They were cheap and most burned up or didn't even work..... They battery tray also kept braking and ruining my batteries..... Test and trial...

dshuld

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Has anyone seen Augvapes new Parallel Box?? I wish they would send one for review....it looks beautiful!
Yes, haven't seen if leon replied back yet but it looks like they modified their original design of the gragas. Was kind of sadden when that design was trashed cause the black would've complimented a black and gold boreas nicely
904b38ade2d6081bc2b85146fafd75c8.jpg

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

TDC123

Member For 4 Years
Just like raymo advised me, put your coils 3mm from the build deck vertically, and as far out as you can get them. Dramatic improvement in flavor.

I will try that. It outta be fun. I haven't built a vertical coil in a lloonnnggg time, since back in the mini protank II lol. That was a few years ago.

This atomizer is a whole different beast though. Are you stuffing the wick through the middle or wrapping around? Wrapping seems a bit pointless with this one.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I will try that. It outta be fun. I haven't built a vertical coil in a lloonnnggg time, since back in the mini protank II lol. That was a few years ago.

This atomizer is a whole different beast though. Are you stuffing the wick through the middle or wrapping around? Wrapping seems a bit pointless with this one.
You misunderstand. I meant a horizontal coil, but positioned 3mm up from the base of the build deck

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yes, haven't seen if leon replied back yet but it looks like they modified their original design of the gragas. Was kind of sadden when that design was trashed cause the black would've complimented a black and gold boreas nicely
904b38ade2d6081bc2b85146fafd75c8.jpg

Maybe its just me but I think this is dead sexy...
cb9b5f811bf65379e0f83a1bea175eb9.png

dshuld

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Maybe its just me but I think this is dead sexy...
cb9b5f811bf65379e0f83a1bea175eb9.png
It's not that the new one looks bad to me. I just preferred the black in the original rounded corner design. The dark wood definitely looks better then the light colored wood version I saw of the new body.

VU Sponsors