Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I placed a order from fast tech on 5/22 and I got it in the mail today. Tracking said it would be this Thursday when it was in Miami.
I'm hoping it is here tomorrow. I don't blame FT for this only 4 days since it shipped out. I blame USPS because that shit has been in Miami for days. ~.~

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Florida customs are notoriously slow at getting shit out in my experience.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure about the Black Conqueror, as for SS wire. Frankly I don't trust the wire coming out of China, I've gotton UD wire that left black streaks on my fingers. I source my wire from two places, Kidney Puncher and over across the pond in the UK Crazy wire. Clean, great quality and good prices. 30 ft of SS for $3.50, $11.95 for 250ft for SS that is smelted in Sweden and milled in the U.S. at Kidney Puncher. Very clean, annealed and fast shipping, why screw with cheap Chinese wire?

Also I got a batch of 316L SS from K.Bee, 1000ft of 38 guage for $22. All these orders got to me in about 3 days.

I got my wire from Kidney Puncher as well, the ones I ordered from fasttech were just to try and see if it would be worth my time to try and make that form of wire using my KP wire. I am talking stuff like snake coils and clapton's, already rolled up, call me lazy but will do them with my KP wire if the work out well.

Just got back into re-building so have to cheat a little bit to get myself motivated again.

Where did you find the Conqueror for $15?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got my wire from Kidney Puncher as well, the ones I ordered from fasttech were just to try and see if it would be worth my time to try and make that form of wire using my KP wire. I am talking stuff like snake coils and clapton's, already rolled up, call me lazy but will do them with my KP wire if the work out well.

Just got back into re-building so have to cheat a little bit to get myself motivated again.

Aaah, know what you mean. I actually ordered some twisted from Crazy Wire for when I'm a bit lazy ;)

MMM the Conqueror, let me dig through my email to find the confirmation (yeah I spend way too much on vape shit)

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Do they have the Black Wotofo Conqueror? Really like my SS but the black is what I wanted.

Your right, a lot of times you can score much better deals from US sites although admittedly I got 2 packages from fasttech on the way, mostly bottles and some specialty SS coil wire, no tanks or mods.
They do have black conquerers, I've seen them around. Love that tank.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Not sure about the Black Conqueror, as for SS wire. Frankly I don't trust the wire coming out of China, I've gotton UD wire that left black streaks on my fingers. I source my wire from two places, Kidney Puncher and over across the pond in the UK Crazy wire. Clean, great quality and good prices. 30 ft of SS for $3.50, $11.95 for 250ft for SS that is smelted in Sweden and milled in the U.S. at Kidney Puncher. Very clean, annealed and fast shipping, why screw with cheap Chinese wire?

Also I got a batch of 316L SS from K.Bee, 1000ft of 38 guage for $22. All these orders got to me in about 3 days.
I second you on saying no to Chinese smelted wire, but...I can't say I agree with the rest :D :D :D

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Originvape memorial day sale. They're still 19 though

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

MMM can't find it, but I "think" I had a coupon or was a quick sale from either Gearbest or vaporbeast which knocked it down $5

Here's what those two sites are listing them for now

Black one $21
http://www.gearbest.com/rebuildable-atomizers/pp_363072.html

SS $20
http://www.vaporbeast.com/wotofo-conqueror-rta.html

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
MMM can't find it, but I "think" I had a coupon or was a quick sale from either Gearbest or vaporbeast which knocked it down $5

Here's what those two sites are listing them for now

Black one $21
http://www.gearbest.com/rebuildable-atomizers/pp_363072.html

SS $20
http://www.vaporbeast.com/wotofo-conqueror-rta.html

Thank you. The more I think about it maybe a Black Wotofo Serpent might be the way to go, round out my Wotofo collection since I don't have one of those. Hmmmmmm, my 4th of July shopping list just keeps growing and growing........... :cheers:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you. The more I think about it maybe a Black Wotofo Serpent might be the way to go, round out my Wotofo collection since I don't have one of those. Hmmmmmm, my 4th of July shopping list just keeps growing and growing........... :cheers:
I do like the Tank, it's different to build on with the Postless design, but I am a fan of postless decks. Heck even got a Tobeco "glasses" RDA and really like it, anyway.

Back a few of weeks ago I got my Mutant V2 26650 Mod jacked while I was out at the nudie bar with my Nephew. It had my Conqueror on it, was lucky to find the Mod again and also found that site with the sale and replaced the Conqueror. Was incredibly lucky to find the Mutant again, got the last one they had in stock and been looking around to get a backup and haven't found it anywhere. I just really love that Mod and the Conqueror looks so damn sexy on it. Only thing positive from it getting jacked is I went through the rest of the night drinking mass quantities of Tequila, around others smoking like a chimney and got to my Nephews house to my other vapes without smoking. Damn proud of myself ya know and that also shows how far I've progressed over this last year. Fuck the FDA and the Government trying to force us back to Tobacco!

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I second you on saying no to Chinese smelted wire, but...I can't say I agree with the rest :D :D :D

Yeah I know, you sell wire ;)

But hey if you start carrying 317L in gauges 24 up to 40 gauge "and" 500 -1000ft spools I'll get them from you, so far smallest gauge of 317L I can find is 32g. ;)

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone tried building a single coil on their Boreas? @roxynoodle posted a pic of her single coil build on page 2 of this thread. Her pic had a wick in it so I can't see how the coil legs fits in the posts. Just got my 1st Boreas today, planning on building it tomorrow. Maybe it'll make more sense when I actually do it.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone tried building a single coil on their Boreas? @roxynoodle posted a pic of her single coil build on page 2 of this thread. Her pic had a wick in it so I can't see how the coil legs fits in the posts. Just got my 1st Boreas today, planning on building it tomorrow. Maybe it'll make more sense when I actually do it.

My first build on it was a single coil and it worked like a champ

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Most single coil builds on velocity decks make a "U" shape with the legs. Not sure if that's what roxy did though.

haleysdadda

AKA BILL
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
This is what I'm trying to explain.... If you have plenty of money buy a 80 watt mod..... Later you will see a tank that you like but it's a subohm tank with coils that are .25 ohms.... This tank will require 80 to 100 watts to get flavor and clouds.....

Now you decided to get a 120watt box mod.... But 6 months down the line you want an rda with nice coils.... Lots of wraps mean ohms around .15 to .20 now you need more power because 120 watts it's not enough.......

Now you look for a 200 watt mod..... Just get a strong mod and you will never have to worry about power...... Don't keep buying and buying

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
If you really want a forever MOD get the Hohmwrecker G2! With the new firmware it's 171 actual watts! 151w feels like it's hotter than 200w on my RX! It's well worth the money!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just built this pwm with a .13 build on 8.4 volts.... Wow.... Hold on to your nuts...... I realized once you start building you start building stuff you Like.....uploadfromtaptalk1465261858083.jpguploadfromtaptalk1465261886454.jpg

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Most single coil builds on velocity decks make a "U" shape with the legs. Not sure if that's what roxy did though.

Thanks! I placed my first wire order from you guys on Saturday! Haven't received it yet, excited to try your SS Claptons, heard great things about your wire!
I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Oooo if my order comes in tomorrow, I can use your wire, cool!

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I found a 4.4 volt sweet spot.... It does drain 18650.... I'm going with 2.3 Lipo

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You do understand it's not USPS but Customs right.... It has gotten worse the last 8 years;)
It has already left customs (which I'm assuming is the ISC Miami) it is sitting at USPS Facility in Miami AFTER leaving the ISC. ~.~

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
If you really want a forever MOD get the Hohmwrecker G2! With the new firmware it's 171 actual watts! 151w feels like it's hotter than 200w on my RX! It's well worth the money!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bill, when you gonna come hang out?

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It has already left customs (which I'm assuming is the ISC Miami) it is sitting at USPS Facility in Miami AFTER leaving the ISC. ~.~
Soon it will arrive..... Yes..... Kitty..... It's on it's way..... Just close your eyes and repeat after me...... It's coming into my arms, patience please Zen master patience....... When I snap my fingers you will back on VU.......

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Soon it will arrive..... Yes..... Kitty..... It's on it's way..... Just close your eyes and repeat after me...... It's coming into my arms, patience please Zen master patience....... When I snap my fingers you will back on VU.......

(•̀ᴗ•́)

LOL ^.~

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I just realized you sell all forms of SS wire on your site, I really have to pay more attention :facepalm: Going to check it out and get some more wire goodies :D

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
the legs are part of the COIL... I ran my single coil between the posts and then bent the legs back so the whole thing looked like an S. worked pretty good.

dshuld

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
53dc41c9bb694d2f055d392054f6beba.jpg

That was my first single coil in it.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

LarryPer123

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

They seem to leak alot , I heard many people say so , including me

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, we haven't gotten 317L and 430 in stock yet. And all of our premade is 316L right now.

What I like about 317L is it's a slight bit higher resistance than 316L, not a huge margin but it one less wrap does matter when building on Mech's.

Also larger spools, like between 500ft - 1000ft, especially with higher gauges for the wrapping wire.

Also where is your wire smelted and milled at?

saytar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They seem to leak alot , I heard many people say so , including me
Just got my 2 Boreas...............no oring in the bottom screw on base...I inspected all just for this reason and was very careful not to lose any rings. And yes it pee pee'd around it under the build deck with no O ring at all......other than than I haven't had any issue with leaking other than this. Wicking is not a problem and it works good.............BUT the way that O ring is in the base is a really, really bad deal..one the groove it sets in is wayyyy to larger for the OD diameter of the O ring (got one out of kit) and no way it will ever stay in place when the bottom is removed to rewick or coil, and I was being very careful and watching as I knew this could be an issue.....and it is......

Augvape needs to come up with a better more durable sealing method for the bottom, one with a seal that won't stick to build deck or fall out when turned up to screw back on......

OH HEY ROXY! Wanna re-post the sizes and locations of all the O rings for me sweetie (type material and size would be nice, making it a sticky would be good too...aren't most of them 1mm in thickness?)............love the tank..BUT going to need a shit load of O-rings for bottom screw on build base..............or use heat resistant automotive silicone to fill in the groove in the base and "manufacture" a more permanent one......
Even with the right size O ring I'm going to suggest some heat resistant silicone gasket maker to stick and hold that particular O ring in place as its the easiest to lose and the one most often messed with......

VU Sponsors