Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Just got my 2 Boreas...............no oring in the bottom screw on base...I inspected all just for this reason and was very careful not to lose any rings. And yes it pee pee'd around it under the build deck with no O ring at all......other than than I haven't had any issue with leaking other than this. Wicking is not a problem and it works good.............BUT the way that O ring is in the base is a really, really bad deal..one the groove it sets in is wayyyy to larger for the OD diameter of the O ring (got one out of kit) and no way it will ever stay in place when the bottom is removed to rewick or coil, and I was being very careful and watching as I knew this could be an issue.....and it is......

Augvape needs to come up with a better more durable sealing method for the bottom, one with a seal that won't stick to build deck or fall out when turned up to screw back on......

OH HEY ROXY! Wanna re-post the sizes and locations of all the O rings for me sweetie (type material and size would be nice, making it a sticky would be good too...aren't most of them 1mm in thickness?)............love the tank..BUT going to need a shit load of O-rings for bottom screw on build base..............or use heat resistant automotive silicone to fill in the groove in the base and "manufacture" a more permanent one......
Even with the right size O ring I'm going to suggest some heat resistant silicone gasket maker to stick and hold that particular O ring in place as its the easiest to lose and the one most often messed with......
Juice comes into contact with that oring big time, I would be careful using silicone..

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got my wire from Kidney Puncher as well, the ones I ordered from fasttech were just to try and see if it would be worth my time to try and make that form of wire using my KP wire. I am talking stuff like snake coils and clapton's, already rolled up, call me lazy but will do them with my KP wire if the work out well.

Just got back into re-building so have to cheat a little bit to get myself motivated again.

Where did you find the Conqueror for $15?
OK, found where I got the Conqueror, wasn't $15 it was $16.99. Yeah I've been on a buying spree prepping for the FDA ban so I've got shit coming in from everywhere...

Anyway here it is

https://www.vaportekusa.com/search.php?search_query=Conqueror+

Also I picked up a Freakshow Mini there for $13.99.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
07cc6905280309e874a02579960ac81c.jpg

This is what's going on the boreas now for the review

saytar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's the bottom one 11 x1.2 that is the culprit....the one that goes in the bottom cup and seals to the bottom of the deck......that's the one thats got grasshopper legs......

Oh and thanks, I'd seen it but didn't bookmark it.........

Looked on the O ring store and can't find these sizes..................

Last edited:

saytar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Juice comes into contact with that oring big time, I would be careful using silicone..

Why there is only Glycerine and Glycol (and juice and some nicotine in the liquid..............thought that RED rtv type gasket silicone would hold up....high temp resistant and usually exposed to gasoline and motor oils and holds up well..........bought a neoprene o ring that is just a tad thicker I'm going to try................actually a square o-ring would be more appropriate for this location

other than this only issue I've had is when refilling occasionally I get a drop out an air hole once, then no more..................I think on my wicking I didn't leave enough to lay properly in the cup to catch all the juice and hold it is the cause of that....
Once that's over no leaks.................

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Why there is only Glycerine and Glycol (and juice and some nicotine in the liquid..............thought that RED rtv type gasket silicone would hold up....high temp resistant and usually exposed to gasoline and motor oils and holds up well..........bought a neoprene o ring that is just a tad thicker I'm going to try................actually a square o-ring would be more appropriate for this location

other than this only issue I've had is when refilling occasionally I get a drop out an air hole once, then no more..................I think on my wicking I didn't leave enough to lay properly in the cup to catch all the juice and hold it is the cause of that....
Once that's over no leaks.................
I didn't mean for the sake of the silicone/ if it could hold up, I meant because of the possibility of any substances leaching into the juice and then being vaped. I'm paranoid about that kind of thing.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The second boreas I ordered it in ss. I'm thinking I should have got another black one. Damn it hate double guessing myself. I just love the black with gold afc ring look. Hopefully the ss looks just as badass.

Does anyone know if the ss boreas have the updated nerling like my black one does???

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The second boreas I ordered it in ss. I'm thinking I should have got another black one. Damn it hate double guessing myself. I just love the black with gold afc ring look. Hopefully the ss looks just as badass.

Does anyone know if the ss boreas have the updated nerling like my black one does???

Yes

saytar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I didn't mean for the sake of the silicone/ if it could hold up, I meant because of the possibility of any substances leaching into the juice and then being vaped. I'm paranoid about that kind of thing.

LOL......yea all kinds of stuff except if the silicone is not real thick (just using it to lock an o-ring in place and prevent it easily falling out) and allowed to dry completely and properly most of the bad stuff should evaporate as the silicone cures....once cured it shouldn't be a problem....
Thats why I thought about the red RTV its has good temperature resistance (over 1000 deg I think or close) which would resist the heat from the coils and hot juice from leeching out any left over non cured items.....regular Lowe's variety silicone no way not that heat & chemical resistant.

I just don't like the mickey mouse way the O ring seal is just laid in there, nothing provides any resistance to prevent falling out, especially when you flip it over to screw it onto base, you could lose it inside the base even........ I picked up a couple of neoprene O-rings at ACE that fit, but instead of a 1.2 m diameter they come out to 1.58 m, hopefully they will compress well and not cause any issue....there only .49 cents a piece so no big loss.

Still not finding the right size O rings at the O-Ring Store...................I'll keep looking, that don't work and Yankee ingenuity will have to prevail...
This is really the only major O-ring (or tank for that matter) issue I see, all the others are no more better or worse than any other RTA or tank......and the taste and draw on it is magnificent!

saytar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It will work awesome with SS 316.... I don't use anything else.....View attachment 53485

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
Agreed...the SS can't even be compared to Kanthal or Nichrome....TI wire is OK what few standard coils I've made, but would like to have some Claptons made with it to try, but other than that nothing beats the SS so far. Never any bad taste, always clean and works in Wattage OR TC just fine.......

Anybody making TI Claptons they'd turn loose of a couple of coils for a guy to try??? :mooncat:

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Agreed...the SS can't even be compared to Kanthal or Nichrome....TI wire is OK what few standard coils I've made, but would like to have some Claptons made with it to try, but other than that nothing beats the SS so far. Never any bad taste, always clean and works in Wattage OR TC just fine.......

Anybody making TI Claptons they'd turn loose of a couple of coils for a guy to try??? :mooncat:
We debated selling Ti claptons, but at the end of the day we preferred the flavor on SS overall and the performance of the ti clapton didn't warrant the difficulty in getting it ready to vape for most customers

saytar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
We debated selling Ti claptons, but at the end of the day we preferred the flavor on SS overall and the performance of the ti clapton didn't warrant the difficulty in getting it ready to vape for most customers

Yea, had my difficulties making just the simple coils myself, unless you slightly heated the wire is was really springy and hard to keep coiled as wrapped..............but did like the performance. That said the SS is way cheaper and easier to work with than TI at least with the simple coils.......I had a quick brain thought that with the right equipment it might be somewhat easier LOL....

But I'm happy with my SS.........definitely does not have any impact on the flavor as do the other wire......Just keep it coming, especially the Clapton Wire.............Thanks

Last edited:

saytar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

By the way.........ever make 50 ft rolls of the standard Clapton wire????? Or is it a bit of a hassle?

saytar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
We do 30ft, that's generally the most that will fit on a spool

LOL makes sense..........................but........................larger spools ROFL....sorry couldn't resist...:vino:

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
LOL makes sense..........................but........................larger spools ROFL....sorry couldn't resist...:vino:
Trust me. Agreed. But when you buy spools in massive quantities, you're stuck with them for a bit.

We've gone through a few spool designs, and we designed our own for when the ones we have now are gone. There's a couple little things about the ones we have now I'm not a fan of, so we're definitely going to change them

Last edited:

saytar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Trust me. Agreed. But when you buy spools in massive quantities, you're stuck with them for a bit.

We've gone through a few spool designs, and we designed our own for when the ones we have now are gone. There's a couple little things about the ones we have now I'm not a fan of, so we're definitely going to change them
I know their is a need for smaller...well lets say "sample rolls" for someone to check out and see if this is what they want and can they do it....always a need for those. But once your satisfied and "convinced", then you want to start stocking and it is easier to work with larger rolls....especially when you like to change your coils fairly often (my SS are lasting pretty darn good with just burning & rewicking, but at some point it is easier, quicker, and more efficient to change coils and wicking in one operation.

I've coiled a few from your wire and they coiled very easily and tight....your wire is very mallable and clean. And with the upcoming "ISSUE'S" I will want to have a good quantity for my "homemade jewelry making business". Clapton wire makes such wonderful and useful "jewelry" and the SS is hypoallergenic and won't make your skin "green". ROFLMAO

That's OK, I can live with the 15 & 30 ft rolls........we do what we can do................I still love the wire!
You could roll it up on a wooden dowel rod and I'd buy it..........................

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I measured and to build 8 to10 alien coils you can use approx. 70 feet of wire......

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

From earlier in this thread:
1a5e4e50675e4e2c29678b22b2309133.jpg

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's a nice shipment!

Advice though? Umm, enjoy it? Looks like you got plenty of factory fancy wire choices to start with.

saytar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You can get the ring on eBay $9.99 free priority shipping....

Where.............can't find it............

Oops, finally found it........thanks

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That looks good, but you're dry firing it quite a bit too hard. Gentle gentle on the dry fire with SS

Haha, beat me to it, but yeah it looks good, just be careful pulsing, I've melted quite a few coils by being dumb.

(and yeah that's one of the many issues with the factory wire, aliens = decored clapton rewrapped creating a wavy clapton wrap.)

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Haha, beat me to it, but yeah it looks good, just be careful pulsing, I've melted quite a few coils by being dumb.

(and yeah that's one of the many issues with the factory wire, aliens = decored clapton rewrapped creating a wavy clapton wrap.)
That and mkws is.... ...yeah

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
33efa54891563eea322cedf1687aba99.jpg
32bc100b15cd9963f4a0036f4e32f043.jpg
336a16aed4a5fc685ae2891a7aaa976d.jpg
11da15b8f0b4ae4716a4c5797c9d264c.jpg

I got Vape Mail!!!!! :HappyKitty:

Now to build on it (first ever build)

Any advice?
Glad to hear your boreas finally showed up. Or should I say your 3 boreas... good choice, there awesome rtas. Your gonna enjoy them and nice build. Looks better than my first. I just started building not to long ago myself. I feel like my vapemail was nothing compared to your huge haul. Congrats and vape safe..

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Glad to hear your boreas finally showed up. Or should I say your 3 boreas... good choice, there awesome rtas. Your gonna enjoy them and nice build. Looks better than my first. I just started building not to long ago myself. I feel like my vapemail was nothing compared to your huge haul. Congrats and vape safe..
I work in this industry and I've never gotten that much vape mail at once, lol

VU Sponsors