Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Here is mine.... I made the display red.
View attachment 53719

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
I forget the name of the company but they make the little gel tint plastic things that you can use to color the screen....all you gotta do is ask them and they'll ship you a free sample swatch book with every color they make. The perfect size to color probably 10 screens per color...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Icipher84

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
My first dna200 device, rocking it in 316l temp mode. My god, the vape is glorious.
d505d651d64a2aec2bd7313acc943d30.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My first dna200 device, rocking it in 316l temp mode. My god, the vape is glorious.
d505d651d64a2aec2bd7313acc943d30.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When I got my dna 200, I never looked back. The way it ramps to apply power feels better than most other mods on the market at the same wattage and with the same tank on it. Love em

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Does anyone own a BFT 30mm rta..... Is it worth buying ?

I got one. Love it. It was my Goto tank until Boreas came out. Only thing that I didnt like was that the airflow wasnt adjustable. But overall it was a really good vape.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If someone sold stainless steel alien wire in spools of 15 ft or more I would be all over it.

Update on the boreas

It's amazing I love it. My buddy ordered one too we both got them yesterday and he said he is ordering another and retiring his griffin.
I don't think we will have 15ft spools before we have smaller amounts. 15ft spools implies mass production, and no company has managed to successfully tackle that problem yet. Clapton machines operate on tension, and that is a deathblow to an alien wrap. I'm very confident we can crack it though.

NickIsANoob

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I don't think we will have 15ft spools before we have smaller amounts. 15ft spools implies mass production, and no company has managed to successfully tackle that problem yet. Clapton machines operate on tension, and that is a deathblow to an alien wrap. I'm very confident we can crack it though.

I want to try some of your stainless Claptons I see you have a 40 gauge wrap yay!

Couple pics from today

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish I could afford a DNA Rx ~.~ I want a Batman display!
I really like the VT133, it uses a DNA200 chip but is throttled down to 133 watts because it uses 2 x 18650's. It's really a great mod (there is a pretty big thread about here on VU). The reason I'm bringing it up is because it's on sale at ecig.com for around $80 shipped with a coupon code. They are based in the USA if that matters.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I also have the DNA200 Reuleaux along with several other DNA200 mods. IMO the VT133 has superior build quality, more pocket friendly, not as heavy. It's a better mod is what I'm trying to say.

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I really like the VT133, it uses a DNA200 chip but is throttled down to 133 watts because it uses 2 x 18650's. It's really a great mod (there is a pretty big thread about here on VU. The reason I'm bringing it up is because it's on sale at ecig.com for around $80 shipped with a coupon code. They are based in the USA if that matters.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I also have the DNA200 Reuleaux along with several other DNA200 mods. IMO the VT133 has superior build quality, more pocket friendly, not as heavy. It's a better mod is what I'm trying to say.
What he said.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I really like the VT133, it uses a DNA200 chip but is throttled down to 133 watts because it uses 2 x 18650's. It's really a great mod (there is a pretty big thread about here on VU. The reason I'm bringing it up is because it's on sale at ecig.com for around $80 shipped with a coupon code. They are based in the USA if that matters.

Cheers,
Steve

I spent a LOT on Vape stuff recently. It'll be a while before I can get more.

Last edited:

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
. It's really a great mod (there is a pretty big thread about here on VU). The reason I'm bringing it up is because it's on sale at ecig.com for around $80 shipped with a coupon code. They are based in the USA if that matters.
If you like Blue/Black. They are $88

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I wish I could afford a DNA Rx ~.~ I want a Batman display!
If they would have improved the 510 I would have considered that also. I have the regular RX200. First one I bought the 510 failed in 5 weeks. I know it's not a very expensive unit, but it is such a simple thing to put a worthy 510 in a mod. I am replacing it myself with a Fat Daddy V4 low profile. They could have put something like that in for about $1.50 more per unit (or less) with their buying power. I ordered a Varitube 510 to put in another RX200 because its 510 is sticking now too. I only use the Boreas on these mods. I love the way the RX feels and would have paid for the DNA200 version if they had a different upgraded 510.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When will someone come out with a cuboid or sig213 style DNA133 device. Love the form factor! Just picked up a hotcig DNA 75, and it just cant keep up with my boreas with dual 4mm 11 wrap 24g ss316.
I'm going to sound like a broken record, but take a look at the Hcigar VT133. It feels great in hand, with 2 LG HG2's I get over a day of vaping. I'm not sure it can be much smaller, you need to leave room for the board with it's balanced charging. Here's a couple of pictures with 25mm tanks on it. The mod is just a tad over 3 1/2 inches tall, by about 2 1/4 inches across. There are lots of pictures in this thread if you are interested:
HCIGAR VT133 Dual 18650 DNA200

IMG_20160610_095301_zpskglm5uoh.jpg
img_20160601_070507-jpg.52886

Cheers,
Steve

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Steve, I like the looks on it a lot. Heard really good things about this unit. What I don't particularly care for is that 25mm (Boreas) tanks are going to hang at the front edge of them. Make them look like they are going to walk off the edge. I have the Sig 213 (happy with it since I only use it in power mode) and really like where they placed the 510 and how a 25mm tank still has room around it. Good move on their part.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Steve, I like the looks on it a lot. Heard really good things about this unit. What I don't particularly care for is that 25mm (Boreas) tanks are going to hang at the front edge of them. Make them look like they are going to walk off the edge. I have the Sig 213 (happy with it since I only use it in power mode) and really like where they placed the 510 and how a 25mm tank still has room around it. Good move on their part.
It has an ever so slight overhang.

7c26a1ce2254bb5532f8502df083ef54.jpg
22f0a4bfbecf3a025f405c314585405d.jpg
c2b9207f16c1d2b23e788d3e2648e32f.jpg
306b7a43315c269f30fb5bde6bff1473.jpg

You could always order a Reuleaux DNA and send it to Isaac on fb to replace the 510. He does awesome work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I bet he does...I'm going to tackle one of my RX200 mods and see how it goes. If I can do it on one of these cheeper units, I should be able to do the RX DNA200 since they are almost identical on the inside. But I may screw this up...first time, but it should be fine. Just hate the cutting away on the battery sled that has to be done. The part is $4.25 for the new 510, then a couple hours of labor and solder. Maybe not that long. Not sure

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As there is 135 pages to read through here. What is the proper way to wick the boreas? I've read it's very picky on wicking and can be a pain if not done properly. Anyone have a video or anything show the proper way?

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As there is 135 pages to read through here. What is the proper way to wick the boreas? I've read it's very picky on wicking and can be a pain if not done properly. Anyone have a video or anything show the proper way?
It's actually very easy, it's just that you use way more cotton than most other RTAs. Check the first page half way down or so and I believe Roxy has a guide or pictures or something. Basically just leave plenty of cotton, and tuck the tails under the coil into the base making sure to cover up the juice holes, simple as that.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If they would have improved the 510 I would have considered that also. I have the regular RX200. First one I bought the 510 failed in 5 weeks. I know it's not a very expensive unit, but it is such a simple thing to put a worthy 510 in a mod. I am replacing it myself with a Fat Daddy V4 low profile. They could have put something like that in for about $1.50 more per unit (or less) with their buying power. I ordered a Varitube 510 to put in another RX200 because its 510 is sticking now too. I only use the Boreas on these mods. I love the way the RX feels and would have paid for the DNA200 version if they had a different upgraded 510.
The 510 on my reuleaux dna 200 does not feel the same as the 510s on the rx. Maybe in more recent production they changed them, but the one on mine has been the sturdiest 510 I've ever owned. Haven't had a single problem with it, and I've had my reuleaux since they came out

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I just posted a video a couple pages back..

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kitty got me into the buying mode again...... Bought a 30mm Ohmega Alfa BFT and a 25mm Griffin...... Probably to store...... Thanks again Kitty.....

VU Sponsors