The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Kitty got me into the buying mode again...... Bought a 30mm Ohmega Alfa BFT and a 25mm Griffin...... Probably to store...... Thanks again Kitty.....

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

Yep, whenever there is trouble you can bet your last dollar some guy will be standing there pointing at a woman.

Shame on you Manny - you could have at least spent unwisely on a backup Boreas collection!

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, whenever there is trouble you can bet your last dollar some guy will be standing there pointing at a woman.

Shame on you Manny - you could have at least spent unwisely on a backup Boreas collection!
I have 2 black ones, and I was going to get a stainless..... Then I was like man wtf is wrong with me...... I need something BIG in my lips something similar to the Large Nic-o-Dick that led me to the "BTF" which stands for..... I heard Big Fucking Tank...... So I pushed the button.... The Griffin everyone is like the Griffin oh The Griffin oh The tank of the year Oh it's so wonderful..... Oh.... Oh.... So I said Fuck let me order that bitch and find out if its so god damb wonderful..... Shit

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have 2 black ones, and I was going to get a stainless..... Then I was like man wtf is wrong with me...... I need something BIG in my lips something similar to the Large Nic-o-Dick that led me to the "BTF" which stands for..... I heard Big Fucking Tank...... So I pushed the button.... The Griffin everyone is like the Griffin oh The Griffin oh The tank of the year Oh it's so wonderful..... Oh.... Oh.... So I said Fuck let me order that bitch and find out if its so god damb wonderful..... Shit

The griffin is good. I will give it that. Tank of the year? That's a very tough argument for me to make. I do know there's quite a few other tanks I use FAR more. Rta2, conquerer, boreas, alleria, merlin..

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The griffin is good. I will give it that. Tank of the year? That's a very tough argument for me to make. I do know there's quite a few other tanks I use FAR more. Rta2, conquerer, boreas, alleria, merlin..

So many vapers I respect have called the Boreas a Griffin killer that I decided to allocate my post-deaming regs money into a good stash of Boreas instead

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So many vapers I respect have called the Boreas a Griffin killer that I decided to allocate my post-deaming regs money into a good stash of Boreas instead
Yeah I've got 2, going to get a couple more in another week or so. I'm making sure I have a good backup of my favorite gear.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I got 2 boreas and you guys make me wanna get another 2. Hmm I just might. I never use my griffin 25 anymore. I love the vape off the boreas.

saytar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
To me it's been a worthwhile investment
Now if I can just get plenty of spare O-rings...duh..............sent faxes with ring information to both O ring places Roxy has mentioned......................days ago and absolutely no response from either.......don't think anybody much cares for customer service anymore...

I think Augvapes needs to get busy and start putting together spares kits........I too enjoy the Boreas, best taste so far in an RTA (Griffin still pushing hard for 1st AND Geekvapes has responded quickly with a price list and spare parts catalog to me), but I've been playing with my Boreas and it won't take but just a little wear on 3-4 of the O-rings to make them a soaker not a vapor as it is CRITICAL that the vacuum on the juice in the tank be maintained, lose just a little and puddle city, a fast wicking built tank is going to ALWAYS be on the edge between perfection and disaster....only way they can give the user maximum performance........precision tanks (and Boreas IS precision and virtual perfection....but.....) require all the parts and seals to work properly....all the time.....not just when "New". If the tank was cheaper several more spare tanks could be ordered for spare parts, but not at the price of this tank, which is not ridiculous but still a bit pricey.......as is the Griffin 25...............

I can't find anywhere to call or email Augvapes to purchase extra's from them, so still looking..........

That said (NOT bashing a good tank, just saying.....) I DO plan to order a few more as long as I can get them, their that good.........but looking for methods of filling in the o-ring issue........hate seeing such perfection sitting there unusable six months or a year down the road over a couple of dollars worth of cheap ass o-rings......:deadhorse:

Last edited:

saytar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm with you Saytar I would buy a couple of kits.... I filled it wrong once without tipping it upside down and man what a mess!
If these O rings go bad it would not be good.

It is touchy to say the least, if the O-Ring kits were reasonably priced I'd order a dozen at least..............the tipping thing doesn't work for me (I admit I very lightly wicked it on the 2.5mm hole deck, maaaybe it needed a bit more cotton, but I think the 2.0 mm deck would not keep up with my thick juice). If I fill it, tip it slightly open the air holes and set it back up it invariably pee's a messy bit. NOW what I do when I refill is NOT tip it, get ready and then everrrrr so slightly open part of an air hole and take 2-3 quick fire and suck hits at the same time.....no peeing and it just works great till I have to fill it again (I think by firing and drawing on it I am (1) Vaping and drawing any excessive amount of juice that is forced down in bottom away and up into the wicking and (2) Setting up the ever so slight vacuum in the top of the tank that basically holds the juice in check).............so far this method has worked every time without fail...

I will try and wick it with a bit longer highly fluffed cotton tails in the juice tray and around the juice intake holes next time and try that...............But once "primed" so to say I have had NO issues with it peeing or leaking in any manner after that, even if I stick it in my pocket and bounce it around........

I also have a SMOK RDTA that has the same bottom coil setup, that only has 2 mm holes in it and if I just lay the fluffy cotton tails down in it the same way it will just flood all over the table (poor air sealing due to the flip top) so I wind up very lightly tapping the cotton tails actually down into the holes a very, very slight amount. When I do this I have absolutely NO leaking if I shut off juice control, fill, close top, tip and open air slots then set back up.........But that tank can give an almost dry hit if your vaping hard on it........the Boreas once primed will totally out wick the SMOK. I can't get even close to a dry hit on the Boreas....

Last edited:
Hi has the Boreas been discontinued? I was looking on 3fv and FT both have the SS version not available FT says discontinued.
is their a new one coming?

saytar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi has the Boreas been discontinued? I was looking on 3fv and FT both have the SS version not available FT says discontinued.
I hope augvape hasn't shuttered the doors already! I need so many more Boreas' and Merlin.
I don't think so on discontinued....product cutbacks maybe as the landscape could be changing because of FDA all the manufacturer's are going to be evaluating which items they will spend the money on submitting to the FDA or if they will even try.

Haven't heard any rumblings of Augvape closing any doors....but hang on as SHTF is getting ready to pop...........That's why I'll order a couple of more ASAP.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now if I can just get plenty of spare O-rings...duh..............sent faxes with ring information to both O ring places Roxy has mentioned......................days ago and absolutely no response from either.......don't think anybody much cares for customer service anymore...

I think Augvapes needs to get busy and start putting together spares kits........I too enjoy the Boreas, best taste so far in an RTA (Griffin still pushing hard for 1st AND Geekvapes has responded quickly with a price list and spare parts catalog to me), but I've been playing with my Boreas and it won't take but just a little wear on 3-4 of the O-rings to make them a soaker not a vapor as it is CRITICAL that the vacuum on the juice in the tank be maintained, lose just a little and puddle city, a fast wicking built tank is going to ALWAYS be on the edge between perfection and disaster....only way they can give the user maximum performance........precision tanks (and Boreas IS precision and virtual perfection....but.....) require all the parts and seals to work properly....all the time.....not just when "New". If the tank was cheaper several more spare tanks could be ordered for spare parts, but not at the price of this tank, which is not ridiculous but still a bit pricey.......as is the Griffin 25...............

I can't find anywhere to call or email Augvapes to purchase extra's from them, so still looking..........

That said (NOT bashing a good tank, just saying.....) I DO plan to order a few more as long as I can get them, their that good.........but looking for methods of filling in the o-ring issue........hate seeing such perfection sitting there unusable six months or a year down the road over a couple of dollars worth of cheap ass o-rings......:deadhorse:
Best tank I've ever owned, only issue was the first batch (I have #0007) O-Rings were bad, got some from Roxy all is good with that Tank. The second one I got later on no issues at all, good o-rings.

If you need o-rings here are the sizes that Roxy posted a while back, this is very good to have with the FDApocolypse coming down on us

Drip tip (2) 8 x 1
Top of chimney stem (where fill ports are) 9 x 1
Top cap 18 x 1
Glass tank seals (2) 24 x 1
Bottom of chimney stem 10 x 1
Top of afc ring 18 x 1
Below afc ring, on chamber (2) 17 x 1
510 base: large one is 18 x 1, in bottom is 11 x 1.2
Deck 12 x 1

Condensation

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
On the Augvapes FB page in the visitor posts section they replied to someone about the Boreas RTA being discontinued.
  • "Is it true that the Boreas will be discontinued soon?"
  • Augvape Reply - "Sorry,I am afraid so." :(

eciggity might be cheaper shipped with coupon 10percentoff and they have both finishes
FT does have the Black Boreas RTA in stock too for $22.15. Great price especially if you're already placing an order for other items.

On the upside Subtank Supply does have the Black Merlin RTA in stock. Why just order one tank when you can have 2.
:vapemail:

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
On the Augvapes FB page in the visitor posts section they replied to someone about the Boreas RTA being discontinued.

eciggity might be cheaper shipped with coupon 10percentoff and they have both finishes
FT does have the Black Boreas RTA in stock too for $22.15. Great price especially if you're already placing an order for other items.

On the upside Subtank Supply does have the Black Merlin RTA in stock. Why just order one tank when you can have 2.
Oh man.. that's sad to hear. I might have to order a couple more before there all gone.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Sadly this is just the beginning of the end. That is unless something comes out of the lawsuits AND people start hammering their Congressmen and Representatives regularly. But sad reality is nothing much will come from the lawsuits and people aren't hammering the government . The general Herd continues to put their heads in the sand hoping it will just go away.

I regularly write mine, but I'm only one of a very few that do. Every B&M I go into none of them are saying much if anything about it. Nothing on the walls, counters or window's.

I'm like a broken record and at the same time I'm hoarding. I'm not going back to Tobacco, no matter how hard the government pushes.

We've got the best government money can buy

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Sadly this is just the beginning of the end. That is unless something comes out of the lawsuits AND people start hammering their Congressmen and Representatives regularly. But sad reality is nothing much will come from the lawsuits and people aren't hammering the government . The general Herd continues to put their heads in the sand hoping it will just go away.

I regularly write mine, but I'm only one of a very few that do. Every B&M I go into none of them are saying much if anything about it. Nothing on the walls, counters or window's.

I'm like a broken record and at the same time I'm hoarding. I'm not going back to Tobacco, no matter how hard the government pushes.

We've got the best government money can buy

The sad thing every vape shop in this city I've talked to about it, they have a standard reply from the higher ups "we've already reviewed the regs and are in compliance so there's nothing to worry about"

Uhhh....

Either that's a lie or someone is really misunderstanding the regs

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Someone else said in another post MBV sent out emails to California customers saying they were no longer shipping to California:cuss2:

That's the face to face tobacco purchase law that now affects us since ejuice is now tobacco. California was not liking the missed tax revenue from all the people ordering cigarettes online from out of state so to save the children the transaction needs to be face to face for the ID check.

Doodlebug's was talking about not shipping to CA also but not sure where he's at on that.

That just sucks donkey dicks

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The sad thing every vape shop in this city I've talked to about it, they have a standard reply from the higher ups "we've already reviewed the regs and are in compliance so there's nothing to worry about"

Uhhh....

It's hard to imagine they could be that dumb. But then think about how dumb the average American is and consider half are dumber than that. :D:giggle::giggle:

PS I'm American, so don't think I'm being prejudice.

Cheers,
Steve

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Uhhh....

Like most all of them

ce8dd1e660e0ed33cbd1952c5d380532.jpg

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's the face to face tobacco purchase law that now affects us since ejuice is now tobacco. California was not liking the missed tax revenue from all the people ordering online from out of state so to save the children the transaction needs to be face to face for the ID check.

Doodlebug's was talking about not shipping to CA also but not sure where he's at on that.

That just sucks donkey dicks
I'm in Washington State, it's a Class C felony to buy Tobacco online or out of State and bring it back in state. Now that the FDA classifies it as tobacco, guess what?

saytar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm in Washington State, it's a Class C felony to buy Tobacco online or out of State and bring it back in state. Now that the FDA classifies it as tobacco, guess what?

I see several out of state trips to Oregon or Idaho or Montana in your future....................you goin a be a "bootlegger"......Thunder, thunder over thunder road...................a regular Robert Mitchum

Or.....get down South to sunnier days, better weather and friendlier folks........Yawl come on down...

As far as CA..............still waiting for the big one to sink it into the Pacific.......that aren't the U.S. its a foreign country...

Last edited:

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

• Worst. News. Ever.

Payday cannot come soon enough! Why the fuck did I have to be responsible and spend all of my income on bills like a goddamn idiot?

There better be some tanks left for me. :(

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I might just have to see if I can find a local machine shop capable of replicating the Boreas and just straight up clone it and take over production.

If Augvape can't be bothered to stand behind the best tank ever made, someone else needs to.
I want to get their new tanks and box they keep showing off...It sucks not having funds when I need them...

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yeah, when that went into effect here it didn't affect me so I didn't really care... but now that ejuice became tobacco... it does affect me.

So I dropped my boreas on cement a few weeks ago and got a couple super minor scuffs on it but wasn't too bothered but now that what retailers have in stock is it... I think I need to order another black to have a flawless tank.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I might just have to see if I can find a local machine shop capable of replicating the Boreas and just straight up clone it and take over production.

If Augvape can't be bothered to stand behind the best tank ever made, someone else needs to.
I've got a line on one, might be able to persuade to make a run or two.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

• Worst. News. Ever.

Payday cannot come soon enough! Why the fuck did I have to be responsible and spend all of my income on bills like a goddamn idiot?

There better be some tanks left for me. :(
Yeah sucks, I've been over drawing due to this FDA fuckery. I'm pretty tapped, but might be able to squeak out a few bones for two more for the stash.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I see several out of state trips to Oregon or Idaho or Montana in your future....................you goin a be a "bootlegger"......Thunder, thunder over thunder road...................a regular Robert Mitchum

Or.....get down South to sunnier days, better weather and friendlier folks........Yawl come on down...

As far as CA..............still waiting for the big one to sink it into the Pacific.......that aren't the U.S. its a foreign country...
Two hour drive to Canada

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe they are coming out with a V2 or something even better to replace it. With the new regs coming soon, hardware is coming out at a maddening pace. Maybe check with STS and see what the story is before panicking. Just a thought.

Cheers,
Steve

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe they are coming out with a V2 or something even better to replace it. With the new regs coming soon, hardware is coming out at a maddening pace. Maybe check with STS and see what the story is before panicking. Just a thought.

Cheers,
Steve
Pretty hard to improve on near perfection, so I'm not going to bank on it

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The fucked up part about it is they could keep making devices for 2 years if they just file the paperwork....fuck giving in the cash but atleast sell a few more devices and hand some paperwork in...Shit they should just keep making it and then discreetly ship them..

saytar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not going back to Tobacco, no matter how hard the government pushes.

Amen :slowclap:
That's goin piss the Gubermint off....fewer tax revenue's..fewer and fewer.............until they start raising taxes on the liberal idiots backing the anti-tobacco push start raising hell..............
This is something I said 15 yrs ago with the big quit push.....nobody listened

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That's goin piss the Gubermint off....fewer tax revenue's..fewer and fewer.............until they start raising taxes on the liberal idiots backing the anti-tobacco push start raising hell..............
This is something I said 15 yrs ago with the big quit push.....nobody listened
Even if you could of shown them this future they wouldnt of changed a damn thing....half those people are complete morons to start with

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aren't we all part of the anti-tobacco push. I know I try to get people to stop smoking and try vaping as an alternative. I don't do it because of any liberal government push. I do it because I think it's the smart thing to do.

Cheers,
Steve

saytar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Even if you could of shown them this future they wouldnt of changed a damn thing....half those people are complete morons to start with
Yea, after this many years even a hard head such as mine has come to accept that the over whelming majority of the population are plain idiots and that there is a major deficit of "critical thinkers" in this county anymore...........as went Rome, so shall the U.S. go.........

Knew there was a reason I've never gotten along with the majority of the people I meet.....I can't stand stupid..........

vapeshredz

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Close the afc and jfc's and put the tank upside down and bottom fill it. Keep it inverted as you open up the jfc/afc and wait a few secconds for the pressure to even out. It shouldn't ever leak doing it this way.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Close the afc and jfc's and put the tank upside down and bottom fill it. Keep it inverted as you open up the jfc/afc and wait a few secconds for the pressure to even out. It shouldn't ever leak doing it this way.
I flip it first then close it up after a second. Then fill it and flip it, open it and vape it immediately..

one of these methods will work for you

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I got my dna 200, I never looked back. The way it ramps to apply power feels better than most other mods on the market at the same wattage and with the same tank on it. Love em

Sweet machine..... Dang....

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With the RX 200 on stainless steel you better hang on..... Press the button and 200 watts hit and starts dropping but mother fucker that initial kick is way to much..... Like getting throat fucked by Satan.......

VU Sponsors