Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sweet machine..... Dang....

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
It is nice, I would have gotten one if I wasn't focusing on Mech's due to the FDA. As it is I just sent out my DNA 200 Reuleaux to have the 510 pin, insulator and wiring upgraded. No issues with it but again doing some prep work before the hammer falls in August.

Also got a 1/2 dozen VT 510 decks that I have stashed now.

Just need to squeak out some funds next week for a couple of Boreas Tanks. Don't want to be without this beautiful tank. Or be to paranoid about something happening to the one's I have.

Backup and redundancy for my favorites!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It is nice, I would have gotten one if I wasn't focusing on Mech's due to the FDA. As it is I just sent out my DNA 200 Reuleaux to have the 510 pin, insulator and wiring upgraded. No issues with it but again doing some prep work before the hammer falls in August.

Also got a 1/2 dozen VT 510 decks that I have stashed now.

Just need to squeak out some funds next week for a couple of Boreas Tanks. Don't want to be without this beautiful tank. Or be to paranoid about something happening to the one's I have.

Backup and redundancy for my favorites!

Who'd you go with for the reuleaux upgrade?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Who'd you go with for the reuleaux upgrade?

Guy in Salem Oregon, $65 and he puts on a VT 510 V4 deck, replaces the insulator and replaces the 18g wiring with 16g. He does very nice work, found him on the Wismec Reuleaux group.

saytar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Close the afc and jfc's and put the tank upside down and bottom fill it. Keep it inverted as you open up the jfc/afc and wait a few secconds for the pressure to even out. It shouldn't ever leak doing it this way.
I flip it first then close it up after a second. Then fill it and flip it, open it and vape it immediately..

one of these methods will work for you

Tried flipping letting it drain, shutting the afc and jfc, flipping and filling then flipping and such, always get a drop or two leak out......as far as filling, well its a top fill tank or it is not a top fill tank.....the whole idea is convience....removing to fill is as bad as having a bottom fill only type tank. I didn't buy a bottom fill tank .....duh.

With my discussed method the most that I get is a little seeping around the afc ring............I think my real issue is the amount of wicking tail I used in the base, I believe it is due to being just a tad light on the fluffy tail length in the bottom cup...........my current wicking is very, very light and I'm using the 2.5mm deck.....most likely a change to either the 2.0mm deck or adding a slight amount of length to my cup tails would cure this issue........I will be doing one or both next wick change......

The problem is that the tank is vaping so well and taste is still good days later and not showing any fall off its hard to justify changing the wicking LOL

Raymo that's pretty much the method I'm using......when I flip it back I barely crack one hole and immediately vape a couple or 3 short vapes.......I call it re-priming it LOL

Last edited:

saytar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Guy in Salem Oregon, $65 and he puts on a VT 510 V4 deck, replaces the insulator and replaces the 18g wiring with 16g. He does very nice work, found him on the Wismec Reuleaux group.

Got a link to him? Got 2 of the RX200S (uses the DNA200 case, 510 Connector-not the same 510 as the regular RX200). But where'd you pickup the 510 V4's ?? Got a picture of a completed modification?

Wouldn't mind picking up few...............just in case.....I'm betting they'd work on my Cuboids also.......again, just in case worst case scenario...

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got a link to him? Got 2 of the RX200S (uses the DNA200 case, 510 Connector-not the same 510 as the regular RX200). But where'd you pickup the 510 V4's ?? Got a picture of a completed modification?

Wouldn't mind picking up few...............just in case.....I'm betting they'd work on my Cuboids also.......again, just in case worst case scenario...
He's on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/VapinArchitect

I bought the pins directly from Veritube
http://www.varitube.com/VT-510-V2-Connector--Self-adjusting-Center-Pin_p_364.html

I mixed up, their latest version is 2, Fat Daddy is V4

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Oh and no, I just sent it off. He comes very recommend and his Facebook has pictures of his work

saytar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh and no, I just sent it off. He comes very recommend and his Facebook has pictures of his work

Hmmmmm I don't do Facebook.........there to......... well........... intrusive....but might log on to GF account, LOL.... This guy got a name to look for?

Was wondering if you meant a Fat Daddy or Varitube, doesn't look to me that there would be an issue with either.....heard of some problems with the spring on the Wismex RX200, but hadn't heard of any problem with the DNA200 version 510.

saytar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Aren't we all part of the anti-tobacco push. I know I try to get people to stop smoking and try vaping as an alternative. I don't do it because of any liberal government push. I do it because I think it's the smart thing to do.

Cheers,
Steve
Yes quitting the cigs IS a good thing.............making it harder and limiting choices of methods to do so by Gubermint thugs is a very stupid and evil bad thing to do...............that's a major disconnect from reality.......

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmmmm I don't do Facebook.........there to......... well........... intrusive....but might log on to GF account, LOL.... This guy got a name to look for?

Was wondering if you meant a Fat Daddy or Varitube, doesn't look to me that there would be an issue with either.....heard of some problems with the spring on the Wismex RX200, but hadn't heard of any problem with the DNA200 version 510.
Look for Vapin Architect, that's his page

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

TheKiddVapes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

You can buy the Boreas and the Merlins from Augvape thru Alibaba. They have a 5 pc minimum but they are $13.00 for the Merlins and now the Boreas are 10pc minimum. Don't know that price but they'll email you back in a timely manner.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sadly this is just the beginning of the end. That is unless something comes out of the lawsuits AND people start hammering their Congressmen and Representatives regularly. But sad reality is nothing much will come from the lawsuits and people aren't hammering the government . The general Herd continues to put their heads in the sand hoping it will just go away.

I regularly write mine, but I'm only one of a very few that do. Every B&M I go into none of them are saying much if anything about it. Nothing on the walls, counters or window's.

I'm like a broken record and at the same time I'm hoarding. I'm not going back to Tobacco, no matter how hard the government pushes.

We've got the best government money can buy

I was at a vape shop a couple months ago, the idiot said he hadn't heard about any regulations....I told him to have a nice day and good luck with the new shop.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is the VT 510 v2 better than the fat daddy v4. I was gonna purchase some as a "just in case my rx200s messes up" sort of thing. Was wondering which are better. Thanks
I think it's one half dozen or the other, they're both very good. Just look at the comparison of both to decide. I think I'm going to get a 1/2 dozen of the Fat Daddy pins also.

saytar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You can buy the Boreas and the Merlins from Augvape thru Alibaba. They have a 5 pc minimum but they are $13.00 for the Merlins and now the Boreas are 10pc minimum. Don't know that price but they'll email you back in a timely manner.

I can't seem to get any real information back on the Boreas thru Alibaba....all I get are list of items I can purchase and those items appear to be older type stuff they look like they are trying to dump.....................no quote on the item I ask about, just everything else......

I'm thinking we need to get with some local machinist here in this country and have our own version made to order..............I saw nothing on the FDA proposals that addressed repair parts..........and it's looking like the Chinese are just going to fold and go away, no kahone's.

Screw the FDA................

TheKiddVapes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't seem to get any real information back on the Boreas thru Alibaba....all I get are list of items I can purchase and those items appear to be older type stuff they look like they are trying to dump.....................no quote on the item I ask about, just everything else......

I'm thinking we need to get with some local machinist here in this country and have our own version made to order..............I saw nothing on the FDA proposals that addressed repair parts..........and it's looking like the Chinese are just going to fold and go away, no kahone's.

Screw the FDA................
I agree, eff the FDA! I know people were getting the Merlin from them and they were the new version because they just came out. I don't know about the Boreas but if they aren't responding then that's no good. I tried, sorry.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I have two Boreas in rotation and four NIB. Each comes with two decks and one replacement glass. I bought eight additional replacement glass from STS so I hope my Boreas needs will be fulfilled for quite a ways into the future.

mcginnis314

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just purchased 2 black Boreas' from Eciggity. Used "10percentoff" coupon for 10% off whole order. Free shipping over $75. Got the all black edition, 2 "gold plated" AFC rings (optional/extra), and 2 gold/glass drip tips to further accent the gold AFC rings. They look amazing. About to post the pics.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

mcginnis314

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
f65b1a5a5cce9ec94ccff32bb2819811.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1465760326887.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1465760326887.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 21

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Just ordered another couple SS Boreas(s) from eciggity...10percentoff. I am amazed AugV would even think of discontinuing this super-fine atty. It really is the best I have ever used. I can't even count the number of ones I have tried over the last 3.5 years. None have been better for my style of vaping. Love the Merlin too so grabbed a couple extras of them. Thank you tax refund!

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Is the VT 510 v2 better than the fat daddy v4. I was gonna purchase some as a "just in case my rx200s messes up" sort of thing. Was wondering which are better. Thanks
I just got one of each this week...they both look solid. Very solid. I am going to change the one out of one of my RX200 that went south on me.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Using some of the wire Im making for AdvancedVapeSupply, I tried them out to get the experience It would be for anyone in the future getting them...simply amazing! Perfect in the Boreas!!
Specs: 3x28g/38g 316L SS (6 Wraps/3mm ID @ .13 Ohms)

20160612_171711.jpg 20160612_173142.jpg

Last edited:

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
USing some of the wire Im making for AdvancedVapeSuplly I tried them out to get the experience I would for anyone in the future getting them...simply amazing! Perfect in the Boreas!!
Specs: 3x28g/38g 316L SS (6 Wraps/3mm ID @ .13 Ohms)

View attachment 54017 View attachment 54018
I don't believe you, prove it and send them to me

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Traegus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So i just got my Boreas, and for the most part it's very nice. but i'm having an issue with flavor, as in no flavor. i get giant clouds of meh. i have 8 wrap, 3mm claptons in there, and can barely taste my juice. any tips for this? i expected to lose some flavor over my smaller tanks, but this is way more than i thought. any help would be appreciated.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So i just got my Boreas, and for the most part it's very nice. but i'm having an issue with flavor, as in no flavor. i get giant clouds of meh. i have 8 wrap, 3mm claptons in there, and can barely taste my juice. any tips for this? i expected to lose some flavor over my smaller tanks, but this is way more than i thought. any help would be appreciated.
Watch my video on it, particularly the part on coil placement. Or,
Tl;dw: 3mm vertically from the deck, as far horizontally out towards the edge as you can get. If you still don't get flavor, adjust wicking

Traegus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Watch my video on it, particularly the part on coil placement. Or,
Tl;dw: 3mm vertically from the deck, as far horizontally out towards the edge as you can get. If you still don't get flavor, adjust wicking

so, i rebuilt it, 5 wrap spaced claptons at 3mm, 3mm high and as far out as comfortable. flavor is better. still not great, but i can live with it. thank you.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
so, i rebuilt it, 5 wrap spaced claptons at 3mm, 3mm high and as far out as comfortable. flavor is better. still not great, but i can live with it. thank you.
Try *very* barely spaced claptons. Depending on the type of clapton, I've noticed a big drop in flavor as spacing increases

cxdom

Member For 4 Years

Damn can anybody setup a group buy?

Devilon

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Damn can anybody setup a group buy?

Last time I looked you can still buy with the option of just 5 pieces here's a link to their page

saytar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
He's on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/VapinArchitect

I bought the pins directly from Veritube
http://www.varitube.com/VT-510-V2-Connector--Self-adjusting-Center-Pin_p_364.html

I mixed up, their latest version is 2, Fat Daddy is V4

Good thing I paid attention and really appreciate the information............Especially good as my SMOK RTA damn near ruined the 510 on one of my Cuboid's......been having issues with it jumping out of TC, so got to looking and the 510 connector on it is at least 3 mm LONGER than either the Boreas or Griffin 25, the SMOK RDTA now on the other hand was a tad SHORTER than either Griffin or Boreas so no problem there.....

So may have to eventually replace the 510 in that Cuboid...not sure the VT or Fat Daddy 510 assembly will work in the Cuboid. But I pulled out some 22mm Kepler heat sinks I had and tried them....they are just the right length and being 22 mm fit the depression in both the Cuboid and RX200S so screwed the RTA with the excessive length pin in and violia! It works right, try to screw it in even lightly by itself and resistance is all over and it won't stay in TC mode at all, not so when screwed into the Kepler heat sinks (but there is a very significant gap between the tank and heat sink) the resisitance is within a .01 ohm so no issue there...............just don't like the gap, but a dremel on the inside center pin might shave that down a bit.............rather screw up a $ 6.00 item versus a $50 mod........

Not sure what type 510 would fit in the Cuboid........not even sure one could even get a replacement OEM part...........

OK and now I'll have to wait on the 510 what if's.............................I'm REALLY, REALLY broke now............got 3 more BK Boreas on the way.......:headbang:.

This spending spree goin have to slow way down soon..................Maybe a group buy in the works....................????????????

saytar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Those pictures are obscene...........vaping port lol

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tried flipping letting it drain, shutting the afc and jfc, flipping and filling then flipping and such, always get a drop or two leak out......as far as filling, well its a top fill tank or it is not a top fill tank.....the whole idea is convience....removing to fill is as bad as having a bottom fill only type tank. I didn't buy a bottom fill tank .....duh.

With my discussed method the most that I get is a little seeping around the afc ring............I think my real issue is the amount of wicking tail I used in the base, I believe it is due to being just a tad light on the fluffy tail length in the bottom cup...........my current wicking is very, very light and I'm using the 2.5mm deck.....most likely a change to either the 2.0mm deck or adding a slight amount of length to my cup tails would cure this issue........I will be doing one or both next wick change......

The problem is that the tank is vaping so well and taste is still good days later and not showing any fall off its hard to justify changing the wicking LOL

Raymo that's pretty much the method I'm using......when I flip it back I barely crack one hole and immediately vape a couple or 3 short vapes.......I call it re-priming it LOL
Have you pulled the afc ring off to verify that neither of the orings under it have snapped? If they have, it'll do that.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm still working on mine to get them better and straighter...... Started some Juggernauts but after 2 hours I was still rolling Clapton.... Fuck...... That's more difficult than people thinkView attachment 54037View attachment 54039

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
Not a big fan of juggernauts...dunno why so many customers ask for them..

VU Sponsors