Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What some people seem not to understand is that vaping isn't rocket science! To me as a machinist, vaping tolerences should be 1)Fit 2)Form 3) Function! From a completely machining standpoint this tank meets all three! Outside vendor parts, O-rings and insulators, are not necessarily the mfr fault on first runs! You guys keep expecting Ferrari precision for the price of a Hyundai! See I kinda feel for Roxy because I designed some remote reservoir shock clamps that addressed alot of the problems that I saw in the ones on the market at the time! First prototypes I made were perfect and beautiful but we sent the production run out & they were fucked! I mean one of the main features wasn't the same! They looked like ass! But the company decided to let them go!
My point is production runs can have problems! For the price point, SUCK IT UP BUTTER CUP!
Exactly, if they can get everything RIGHT
How come they can't get the very simple O RING RIGHT..?
and for a new company, LIKE AUGVAPE,they can't let this kind of shit happen!! IMO
No disrespect to ROXY.. it's not her fault.
I said the same thing to LEON...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It vapes like a RDA
Mine vapes like a Nuclear Power Plants Exhaust Silo...:cloud::cloud::cloud:
ejy5esy4.jpg
99b93a31971bbf05faa80cc3870b8c6c.png

Last edited:

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mine is better than any of my rdas! The vapor is denser, the flavor is more intense. I can't seeing it getting better than this. I've run through 150ml of my blue pom DIY since I've had my ss one. My black one will be here today. I'm sure glad I make my own juice!

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So a tad bit of reality.... I don't really care about juice flow control. I do care about open or closed. With air flow closing juice flow, you can't clear out a flooded deck. You can't close the juice and take a few draws. That sort of sucks.

It's a little disconcerting to watch a quarter of your tank drain on a refill. By the time it's all said and done, that huge tank is a quarter or a third empty. I managed to drain the bottom to fill. So it has to fill back up, or you just puke/spill a sizable about before vacuum is established. Did that a couple times.

No deal killers... No such thing as a perfect tank with every feature configured the perfect way. There are compromises. Overall, this tank has a lot going for it. But those are a couple things not "perfect".

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I havent lost juice, it does go into the well that wicks the cotton but thats part of its design, If you were to fill it full with the well full (filling from the bottom of the glass it would force the juice out from pressure). I dont see the need for pulling on it after a fill, as soon as you fill it the wicks are more wet then they would need to be so you would just be flooding if you did that. If you need to clear a flood just open it wide open and tilti the tank upside down and blow hard....

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I havent lost juice, it does go into the well that wicks the cotton but thats part of its design, If you were to fill it full with the well full (filling from the bottom of the glass it would force the juice out from pressure). I dont see the need for pulling on it after a fill, as soon as you fill it the wicks are more wet then they would need to be so you would just be flooding if you did that. If you need to clear a flood just open it wide open and tilti the tank upside down and blow hard....
No, I'm not say establish juice... I'm saying take a drag to burn off the excess juice. I know filling full will push juice out. But usually that is manageable. 3 times I've flooded and have it run out. Bit of a learning curve with a well and under flow. But without being able to close juice off, no way to take a draw to get it cleared out.

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have been filling mine like someone else mentioned one time somewhere. With the tank upright, I just close off the air/juice flow. Open the top and fill. Put the top on, then go upside down and open air to desired setting. After a few seconds, tank upright and hit it a couple time and no leaks, and a quarter of my tank isn't used to fill the bottom portion.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I have been filling mine like someone else mentioned one time somewhere. With the tank upright, I just close off the air/juice flow. Open the top and fill. Put the top on, then go upside down and open air to desired setting. After a few seconds, tank upright and hit it a couple time and no leaks, and a quarter of my tank isn't used to fill the bottom portion.

This allows the air pressure to escape without puking out your juice.

For refills, I have jfc fully open, and invert the atty while I'm shaking my juice bottle. That empties the chamber enough. Then close the jfc, and follow the directions pwheeler posted.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I do want to say I feel Augvape did a helluva job overall. Most of the machining has been excellent. O rings and insulators do come from outside suppliers. Some assemblers maybe should have been more thorough on QC, but this was a large first run. Not like a Gus RTA where they only make 100 at a time (and sell for 3x the price plus high shipping).

I don't think I'll ever buy another "high end" atty. China has been kicking it!

I also consider the guys at Augvape to be friends :) I think they did an overall spectacular job! Boreas would not exist if it weren't for their contributions and hard work and sleepless nights. We all lost a lot of sleep getting this done :D

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Ya I get it. Some like to include chicken wings with some bizarre filling ritual that has nothing to do with anything.

On this one it matters. Definitely. Not a deal breaker like I've said. But no other tank I have had "required" anything to prevent juice all over my mod. Just noting a difference.

And so far, whether draining well, or leaving full and spilling... Every refill has drained a quarter of the tank. The glass. Every time. It's just that draining doesn't spill over, not draining does.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Ya I get it. Some like to include chicken wings with some bizarre filling ritual that has nothing to do with anything.

On this one it matters. Definitely. Not a deal breaker like I've said. But no other tank I have had "required" anything to prevent juice all over my mod. Just noting a difference.

And so far, whether draining well, or leaving full and spilling... Every refill has drained a quarter of the tank. The glass. Every time. It's just that draining doesn't spill over, not draining does.

I wonder if you have a bad o ring somewhere? This shouldn't be happening.

I want you to try bottom filling and see if it still leaks. That will help pinpoint if there's an atty issue.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Today I sold my Aromamizer Supreme to buy juice. Consider that an ultimate victory for the Boreas. Something about hitting the Boreas is just smoother and less turbulent than the Supreme, and that was the deciding factor.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
U kiss ur mom with that dirty mouth!!
Dumb mother fucker
That's why most people here consider you an idiot. I'm pretty sure you are past high school. Shame you still act like a punk ass kid. If you have something worthwhile to share, feel free. Otherwise, fuck off, and hopefully grow up.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's why most people here consider you an idiot. I'm pretty sure you are past high school. Shame you still act like a punk ass kid. If you have something worthwhile to share, feel free. Otherwise, fuck off, and hopefully grow up.
WELCOME TO THE UNDERGROUND
don't call me out you DUMB FUCK

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And for everybody that thinks I'm an idiot
THERES A FUCKING IGNORE BUTTON
ITS FREE, ignore my shit.. I don't give a fuck!
And please don't start pointless shit with me!! Fuck you very much
@Powerman

VAPE IT

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Things to try to stop leaking:

1. Change o-rings on the entire tank.

2. Make sure the deck is seated tightly with the bottom cap 100% threaded on.

3. Make sure you're using enough cotton in the deck, it can take a fair amount and still wick perfectly.

4. Switch to the 2mm juice flow deck.

5. Close airflow/JFC entirely when filling the tank.

6. Use thicker juice.

7. Plant magic beans in back yard.

8. Grow beanstalk.

9. ???

10. Profit.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I wonder if you have a bad o ring somewhere? This shouldn't be happening.

I want you to try bottom filling and see if it still leaks. That will help pinpoint if there's an atty issue.
Ya, I've wondered. With all the talk... But I have checked them. They seem good to me. I can always change them.

So brand new squeaky clean, would you say a quarter of a tank? From the top of the glass. Playing around I have checked my deck. So that is an empty well. But a few times I've just filled, and a quarter tank. Now a couple times I didn't follow procedure. But just this morning, filled before I left... Inverted, drained, closed, open.... Quarter tank. It just didn't spill out the side.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
The big one is to make sure the O-ring on the deck is the one you definitely changed, because it could definitely cause a ton of leaking and given the number of bad o-rings on decks already it may be bad and just still be intact.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
And for everybody that thinks I'm an idiot
THERES A FUCKING IGNORE BUTTON
ITS FREE, ignore my shit.. I don't give a fuck!
And please don't start pointless shit with me!! Fuck you very much
@Powerman

VAPE IT
You Do know ignore works both ways, yes? Give it a try junior.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Ya, I've wondered. With all the talk... But I have checked them. They seem good to me. I can always change them.

So brand new squeaky clean, would you say a quarter of a tank? From the top of the glass. Playing around I have checked my deck. So that is an empty well. But a few times I've just filled, and a quarter tank. Now a couple times I didn't follow procedure. But just this morning, filled before I left... Inverted, drained, closed, open.... Quarter tank. It just didn't spill out the side.

It is a different type of RTA, so my first day testing the prototype I was filling and refilling constantly to get the procedure right. And during that I had my only leak ever, on my first refill because I didn't empty the chamber. It was only one drop out each side. So yeah, I think something is wrong. Whether it's an o ring, wicking or what I'm not sure yet.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The big one is to make sure the O-ring on the deck is the one you definitely changed, because it could definitely cause a ton of leaking and given the number of bad o-rings on decks already it may be bad and just still be intact.
Ya, when I get through this tank I'll change them out.

It doesn't flood in use. It does hold a vacuum. Just filling. But it's a reasonable thing to try.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I can't believe I'm the one saying this, but can we just take a deep breath here, calm down and grow some fucking beanstalks?

Also, Powerman, the vacuum I believe would only be obtained after filling, there's that temporary time frame right after filling a tank, especially from the top, where there's no vacuum seal just yet. So if there's somewhere it could be leaking slighty, i.e. a loose/too tight o-ring, it would leak just long enough to drain about, 1/4 of a tank before sealing itself entirely.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm always calm... Don't like it when peeps start shit with me...

VAPE IT

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It is a different type of RTA, so my first day testing the prototype I was filling and refilling constantly to get the procedure right. And during that I had my only leak ever, on my first refill because I didn't empty the chamber. It was only one drop out each side. So yeah, I think something is wrong. Whether it's an o ring, wicking or what I'm not sure yet.
Well I'll pay attention and let you know if I find an answer. Overall, not a big deal. But new tanks are funny. Everybody is in love except one guy. Everyone thinks he doesn't know what he is doing... But later, ya, there was something wrong. Once final production gets in real hands in the real world, we find out.

I'm perfectly good with its me. When many a respected users all report perfection, it's perfection. I just have to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Bad seals are common. But those tend to be all the time. But I am going to change out the key players and see if it's better. Plus fill it right.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I've been filling my tank from the top with the AFC/JFC off then quickly opening it and hitting it. I get a little spit back on the first hit but then it stops, and nothing leaks at ill.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Well I'll pay attention and let you know if I find an answer. Overall, not a big deal. But new tanks are funny. Everybody is in love except one guy. Everyone thinks he doesn't know what he is doing... But later, ya, there was something wrong. Once final production gets in real hands in the real world, we find out.

I'm perfectly good with its me. When many a respected users all report perfection, it's perfection. I just have to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Bad seals are common. But those tend to be all the time. But I am going to change out the key players and see if it's better. Plus fill it right.

I do want you to find the solution. I'm all about helping people with their RTAs. That was my purpose on ecf until they canned me. Whether it's this atty or any other.

You're not the only one whose had a learning curve with it :) If worse comes to worst, bottom filling is an easy and viable option. I did it last night for shits and giggles, and I swear it was faster, lol!

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I have the worlds deepest 510 connection on my 6,200mah 25C 3S DNA200 self-made monster, and it takes like 10 full rotations to remove a tank from the 510 so bottom filling for me would take forever. I used to have a problem with stripped 510 threads, so I had the beefiest 510 possible custom machined. I kind of regret it, does have a thick ass gold plated silver 510 pin though.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've been filling my tank from the top with the AFC/JFC off then quickly opening it and hitting it. I get a little spit back on the first hit but then it stops, and nothing leaks at ill.
Do you invert/drain?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did find that when I filled it according to the manual, if I turned it on its side I lost juice. I now do it like raymo - close the afc, fill it up, turn upside down and open the afc, then take a couple of quick drags. No leaking for me this way (but I don't turn it on its side anymore to see if it leaks - which was a mistake I think).

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just wanted to pop in and say be sure to clean your Boreas well when you first get it, before using it.

Initially I didnt, I just built it, threw juice at it, and ran it. I noticed the flavor was a little off of juices Ive had for a while, but didnt think much of it. I also noticed that only when using the Boreas, Id get a little weird feeling in my sinuses and a little in the throat after more than a couple hits. So I took it apart yesterday and gave it a look over and there was some kind of glue or other kind of hard sticky shit there (akin to the backing of a sticker). It was on the deck, bottom of the tank piece, and a little inside the deck chamber. After cleaning it it stopped causing me issue. I should have cleaned it from the jump because I did notice there was some of the same stuff on the bottom of the base plate, but figured it was just from a sticker.

Still an awesome tank, one of the best Ive come across. Just wanted to point that out.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I did it once on the prototype. Just wanted to try it again, just because.

haleysdadda

AKA BILL
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

You've obviously never owned a tank without juice control! They all fucking leak! When I follow direction with this tank I get a little seepage that's all! If you're dumping juice after every fill you got more wrong! I actually understand what you're talking about when you say clearing juice! I have to do it all the time with my MT! I have absolutely no problem clearing juice out of the airflow on that tank & it has no juice flow control! And you act like that 1/4 tank of juice goes away when you turn the tank right side up! Think of this tank as a watercooler! when the bottle is sitting on the ground right side up it's full but when you invert it & put it on the stand a quantity of water drains into the tank to fill it! Same thing here! I personally can not think of a way to have the tank & reservior completely full when finished filling without making a mess! I was kinda anal about that shit when I first got my MT! Didn't even want a little bubble showing when it was full! after much juice wasted I finally gave up & learned to deal with it! Stop complianing about silly shit & go find a perfect tank at this price point! And when you do link it here please cuz I want one!

P.S. And I thought @MNaumov92 was a PITA! But you take the cake!

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Just wanted to pop in and say be sure to clean your Boreas well when you first get it, before using it.

Initially I didnt, I just built it, threw juice at it, and ran it. I noticed the flavor was a little off of juices Ive had for a while, but didnt think much of it. I also noticed that only when using the Boreas, Id get a little weird feeling in my sinuses and a little in the throat after more than a couple hits. So I took it apart yesterday and gave it a look over and there was some kind of glue or other kind of hard sticky shit there (akin to the backing of a sticker). It was on the deck, bottom of the tank piece, and a little inside the deck chamber. After cleaning it it stopped causing me issue. I should have cleaned it from the jump because I did notice there was some of the same stuff on the bottom of the base plate, but figured it was just from a sticker.

Still an awesome tank, one of the best Ive come across. Just wanted to point that out.

When I first opened the Boreas package I was hit with an overwhelming smell of glue and machine oil, though to be fair that's most things made in China so I definitely agree with that, clean the hell out of this thing before use.

Do you invert/drain?

I do not.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I do want you to find the solution. I'm all about helping people with their RTAs. That was my purpose on ecf until they canned me. Whether it's this atty or any other.

You're not the only one whose had a learning curve with it :) If worse comes to worst, bottom filling is an easy and viable option. I did it last night for shits and giggles, and I swear it was faster, lol!
Yep. It's all good. Great tank with some really well thought out design. There will always be trade offs.

VU Sponsors