Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
When I first opened the Boreas package I was hit with an overwhelming smell of glue and machine oil, though to be fair that's most things made in China so I definitely agree with that, clean the hell out of this thing before use.

I do not.
That's even stranger. Plenty do silly things like close AFC. Hello, open vessel! I've never done anything. Fill and close. Yes it will push juice. To the very very top... More juice. But it's manageable. Not a big deal. Couple drags you're good.

This tank is like a new water bottle.... Glug glug glug glug... Even inverting/draining. Something is definitely off. I just contributed it to having to fill the well which others don't have. I'll work on it later after this tank.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Any black BOREAS yet?

VAPE IT

I got mine yesterday, it's a very gorgeous tank and I like that it's a flatter tone of black instead of a glossy one.
I think you all are PITAs...well each of you have your own moments :inlove::bliss::giggle:

All this talk of pita is making me really hungry, I think I might go down to the Pita Pit place that just opened recently today.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got mine yesterday, it's a very gorgeous tank and I like that it's a flatter tone of black instead of a glossy one.

All this talk of pita is making me really hungry, I think I might go down to the Pita Pit place that just opened recently today.
Let me see dude

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Bill, none of my MT's leak either when I fill. Not even Satan (he pees randomly every 4-13 days instead).

If an RTA leaks, there's a reason. I don't mean side airflow ones laying down; by design you may get a leak on those.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Me and pictures kind of have a distant relationship, as I'd have to take one on my phone, then email it using the VERY shitty AT&T signal to myself so I could open it up on my PC and then I'd have to upload it to an image sharing website and post it here. Roxy already posted a picture of it, I'm not trying to be anti-helpful but it literally is a 15 minute process minimum for me to take a picture, get it on my PC and have it uploaded to post here. If I could just post it from my phone that'd be great, but for some reason my HTC lacks the ability to copy and paste links. Also, USB tethering my phone to the PC and pulling the picture off the SD card wouldn't necessarily work either because I have a custom built PC and all the USB ports are on the very back of it and it would take a 4.5 foot USB cord to reach that far, I'd have to pull the PC out, move the desk. Yeah, I'm a bit lazy.

Last edited:

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Powerman.... im a touch confused here and hoping you can help me out. when you say your tank drains 1/4 upon filling, do you mean the juice level IN THE TANK drops, or is it actually leaking out the thing and onto your hand/mod/desk/neighborhood children? Im asking because when i fill mine the juice level inside does drop a bit, but that is because it is simply filling the bottom of the juice well back up, but it never leaks out.

Can I get a little clarification of your problem please?

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Me and pictures kind of have a distant relationship, as I'd have to take one on my phone, then email it using the VERY shitty AT&T signal to myself so I could open it up on my PC and then I'd have to upload it to an image sharing website and post it here. Roxy already posted a picture of it, I'm not trying to be anti-helpful but it literally is a 15 minute process minimum for me to take a picture, get it on my PC and have it uploaded to post here. If I could just post it from my phone that'd be great, but for some reason my HTC lacks the ability to copy and paste links.

I have to go through almost the same process.

I did post a pic of my black one on Tuesday here, ej.

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the worlds deepest 510 connection on my 6,200mah 25C 3S DNA200 self-made monster, and it takes like 10 full rotations to remove a tank from the 510 so bottom filling for me would take forever. I used to have a problem with stripped 510 threads, so I had the beefiest 510 possible custom machined. I kind of regret it, does have a thick ass gold plated silver 510 pin though.
Here's a for you

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I have to go through almost the same process.

I did post a pic of my black one on Tuesday here, ej.
I don't mind it from time to time, but it does tend to get a little annoying. If I didn't have my PC under a big ass custom built desk that would require quite a bit of moving and arranging to get to the USB ports from the motherboard on the back it could potentially be a lot faster. I live in bumfuck nowhere in Tennessee, and the AT&T signal out here is sort of, wishy washy to put it lightly.

Here's a for you

It's real cute you felt that was relevant enough to comment on, but I'm afraid it isn't. I was simply stating bottom filling in my situation would take longer than it would for most, which was relevant to the discussion at the time. Aim your piss stream elsewhere.

dshuld

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Bill, none of my MT's leak either when I fill. Not even Satan (he pees randomly every 4-13 days instead).

If an RTA leaks, there's a reason. I don't mean side airflow ones laying down; by design you may get a leak on those.
I guess I'm a lucky sumbitch. My boreas spends half its day in my pocket on its side with no leaking or on refill. I have been doing bottom fill though.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't mind it from time to time, but it does tend to get a little annoying. If I didn't have my PC under a big ass custom built desk that would require quite a bit of moving and arranging to get to the USB ports from the motherboard on the back it could potentially be a lot faster. I live in bumfuck nowhere in Tennessee, and the AT&T signal out here is sort of, wishy washy to put it lightly.

It's real cute you felt that was relevant enough to comment on, but I'm afraid it isn't. I was simply stating bottom filling in my situation would take longer than it would for most, which was relevant to the discussion at the time. Aim your piss stream elsewhere.
My piss stream is on point. Accurate AF

dshuld

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

I'm just curious how a "semi wealthy" person such as yourself "had to sell your supreme to buy juice"?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Me and pictures kind of have a distant relationship, as I'd have to take one on my phone, then email it using the VERY shitty AT&T signal to myself so I could open it up on my PC and then I'd have to upload it to an image sharing website and post it here. Roxy already posted a picture of it, I'm not trying to be anti-helpful but it literally is a 15 minute process minimum for me to take a picture, get it on my PC and have it uploaded to post here. If I could just post it from my phone that'd be great, but for some reason my HTC lacks the ability to copy and paste links. Also, USB tethering my phone to the PC and pulling the picture off the SD card wouldn't necessarily work either because I have a custom built PC and all the USB ports are on the very back of it and it would take a 4.5 foot USB cord to reach that far, I'd have to pull the PC out, move the desk. Yeah, I'm a bit lazy.
Download the Gyzo app...take a pic then sens it to gyazo with your gallery app, it will be in the options after you download the app

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Powerman.... im a touch confused here and hoping you can help me out. when you say your tank drains 1/4 upon filling, do you mean the juice level IN THE TANK drops, or is it actually leaking out the thing and onto your hand/mod/desk/neighborhood children? Im asking because when i fill mine the juice level inside does drop a bit, but that is because it is simply filling the bottom of the juice well back up, but it never leaks out.

Can I get a little clarification of your problem please?
Both. I've filled it "improperly", and it ran out all over my mod and neighbors kids. I've filled it properly and it didn't run out.

But every time, I fill to top of glass, and by the time it's all said and done, the tank looses a few 1/4. By the glass. Quarter of it.

Only difference is whether the well is full. If it's full, then it runs out. If not, it fills, but doesn't run out. But I do have a lot of juice to burn off in the deck. Because it is full.

After that, it's good. It does not continue to drain. But I also don't have a lot of trust and close ring while in pocket. A few times I've reached for it only to find juice in my pocket. But sitting on my desk, no problem

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

So where do you try to get your coils vertically? No bottom air so that doesn't matter. Do you just leave then where post holes put them, or does moving up or down change things? I never had side flow like this.

dshuld

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
So where do you try to get your coils vertically? No bottom air so that doesn't matter. Do you just leave then where post holes put them, or does moving up or down change things? I never had side flow like this.
I cant get a pic clear enough but lookin through the air holes looks like mine are pretty inline with them. Just leveled it after tightening the set screws.

dshuld

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
7145a357bdca13e802184f2a9772deaf.jpg

May have to blow it up a lil more but thats as best as I can get.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

I center them, and try to raise them a bit to make wicking easier.

Your tank level goes down after filling because the juice then enters the chamber and under the deck. That part is normal :)

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I center them, and try to raise them a bit to make wicking easier.

Your tank level goes down after filling because the juice then enters the chamber and under the deck. That part is normal :)
Ya, that's what I figured. For both.

Yet others don't loose that much. I figured it was filling the well, but a quarter of the tank?

DukeBlue

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
You've obviously never owned a tank without juice control! They all fucking leak! When I follow direction with this tank I get a little seepage that's all! If you're dumping juice after every fill you got more wrong! I actually understand what you're talking about when you say clearing juice! I have to do it all the time with my MT! I have absolutely no problem clearing juice out of the airflow on that tank & it has no juice flow control! And you act like that 1/4 tank of juice goes away when you turn the tank right side up! Think of this tank as a watercooler! when the bottle is sitting on the ground right side up it's full but when you invert it & put it on the stand a quantity of water drains into the tank to fill it! Same thing here! I personally can not think of a way to have the tank & reservior completely full when finished filling without making a mess! I was kinda anal about that shit when I first got my MT! Didn't even want a little bubble showing when it was full! after much juice wasted I finally gave up & learned to deal with it! Stop complianing about silly shit & go find a perfect tank at this price point! And when you do link it here please cuz I want one!

P.S. And I thought @MNaumov92 was a PITA! But you take the cake!
The only way to get the tank and reservoir full is to fill from the bottom, that’s how I fill just to get the extra juice in. When I fill from the bottom I fill until the juice is past the juice slots then when I put the base on a few drops will be forced out the side of the base seal. I just wipe of the little bit of juice and put it on my mod. The tank ends up full with a tiny air pocket at the top with no leaking.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sorry i
You've obviously never owned a tank without juice control! They all fucking leak! When I follow direction with this tank I get a little seepage that's all! If you're dumping juice after every fill you got more wrong! I actually understand what you're talking about when you say clearing juice! I have to do it all the time with my MT! I have absolutely no problem clearing juice out of the airflow on that tank & it has no juice flow control! And you act like that 1/4 tank of juice goes away when you turn the tank right side up! Think of this tank as a watercooler! when the bottle is sitting on the ground right side up it's full but when you invert it & put it on the stand a quantity of water drains into the tank to fill it! Same thing here! I personally can not think of a way to have the tank & reservior completely full when finished filling without making a mess! I was kinda anal about that shit when I first got my MT! Didn't even want a little bubble showing when it was full! after much juice wasted I finally gave up & learned to deal with it! Stop complianing about silly shit & go find a perfect tank at this price point! And when you do link it here please cuz I want one!

P.S. And I thought @MNaumov92 was a PITA! But you take the cake!
Sorry I missed this little gem. Gee, heavy flow day?

Soooo... It isn't about a tiny fucking bubble. It's about a good deal of juice running down my mod. Try reading before banging away on your keyboard.

Already said I filled it wrong. Already said I know the well fills. Why yes, I have owned many a tank without juice control. No, I have never tried to fill anything with zero air. And I think I said nothing is perfect several times.

And you want to lecture me on complaining about silly shit? WTF? Try taking a nap maybe. Thanks for your help.

haleysdadda

AKA BILL
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Sorry i

Sorry I missed this little gem. Gee, heavy flow day?

Soooo... It isn't about a tiny fucking bubble. It's about a good deal of juice running down my mod. Try reading before banging away on your keyboard.

Already said I filled it wrong. Already said I know the well fills. Why yes, I have owned many a tank without juice control. No, I have never tried to fill anything with zero air. And I think I said nothing is perfect several times.

And you want to lecture me on complaining about silly shit? WTF? Try taking a nap maybe. Thanks for your help.
Glad I could help you out!:facepalm:

VU Sponsors