Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ugg, think I wicked my Boreas too tight. Using some regular fused claptons and rewicked last night after cleaning it out real good and now getting burned hits after just 7 or 8 pulls. Stuck at work so wont be able to fix it til tonight. Sucks

haleysdadda

AKA BILL
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Ugg, think I wicked my Boreas too tight. Using some regular fused claptons and rewicked last night after cleaning it out real good and now getting burned hits after just 7 or 8 pulls. Stuck at work so wont be able to fix it til tonight. Sucks
Are you using cotton?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No warning. Never had an infraction in the six years I was there. That post was enough for instant ban hammer. I knew it was coming when you call the mods cunts lol.
6 years??? Wtf....
Do you want ur post back?

NoAvail

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok so got my Boreas in today:bliss:
Black edition.
Love it so far BUT one thing is driving me crazy. The afc/juice flow control gets almost stuck at the last airhole. It takes a good tourqe to get it all the way open and also back. Which of cource loses the part at the bottom that holds the deck:mad: or if I do it the wrong way I risk taking the glass tank part off. I'm hoping whatever it is loosens up. Everything is all "lubed" up.

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just got my black one. Get a load of what I found when I opened the bag.
c77f10441e7b6f584621e673eefc8485.jpg

dc940b86779d47ea993780beab74db6e.jpg

The spare glass is in a million pieces. I got the tank out of the wreckage and it survived. Pulled it apart and the orings are good, even on the second deck. The bottom oring of the drip tip had a little shaving peeled off, but it's still intact. The 2.0 deck does have one post leaning a little.
aba0fad6d9d7ce5bf33bf7561a0f4a87.jpg

I don't know if it will do any good to write STS, and try to send the pics, or not.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

NoAvail

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

The spare glass is in a million pieces. I got the tank out of the wreckage and it survived. Pulled it apart and the orings are good, even on the second deck. The bottom oring of the drip tip had a little shaving peeled off, but it's still intact. The 2.0 deck does have one post leaning a little.

I don't know if it will do any good to write STS, and try to send the pics, or not.

My glass and everything was good but my 2mm deck had the same lean. No shorts though so idk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
:( Tracking says mine just left W. Virginia - still has a few thousand miles to go :(

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

My glass and everything was good but my 2mm deck had the same lean. No shorts though so idk
My Velocity has the lean also. I think it is normal with that style deck. I believe it is always the one that has the insulator under it that leans. I think it leans due to the tightening on the screw holding the post down.

haleysdadda

AKA BILL
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Everybody has said they're very good Paul! Give it a shot!

DukeBlue

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

STS will take care of you they have great CS.

dshuld

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Tried to tell him he needed to pack them a little better when I got my cracked case lol. But it was "the shipping from China" that caused my cracked case...sucks paul .

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I already wrote them and got a response back! They are shipping out spare glasses next week. He said to remind him Monday or Tuesday and he'll get one right out to me. STS is the tops in my book. Super fast response to emails.

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Tried to tell him he needed to pack them a little better when I got my cracked case lol. But it was "the shipping from China" that caused my cracked case...sucks paul .

I can't believe this would have shipped from STS like this, although the envelope didn't look bad at all, this was crush damage. It's too visible and I know they wouldn't have sent it looking as bad as it did. I'm just glad the tank itself was good. I've already washed it, coiled it and vaping it!

Devilon

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well I just watched a review from a small time British reviewer and he said that even though he stuck in some clapton coils to keep them a try. he then went on to say he wouldn't recommend using them in this tank.!!!
:gaah:

I think either he should stop the reviewing lark or get himself down on some forums and read up on this tank.
And sorry mate if you are a member of this forum, but in my opinion he is definitely 100 percent wrong :D
This tank I believe is ideal for these type of coils. :)

Sorry for the rant people :D

dshuld

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I can't believe this would have shipped from STS like this, although the envelope didn't look bad at all, this was crush damage. It's too visible and I know they wouldn't have sent it looking as bad as it did. I'm just glad the tank itself was good. I've already washed it, coiled it and vaping it!
Nope the thin bubble envelope isn't enough to protect it at all lol.

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well I just watched a review from a small time British reviewer and he said that even though he stuck in some clapton coils to keep them a try. he then went on to say he wouldn't recommend using them in this tank.!!!

I think either he should stop the reviewing lark or get himself down on some forums and read up on this tank.
And sorry mate if you are a member of this forum, but in my opinion he is definitely 100 percent wrong :D

Definitely can take some big builds. A lot of the vids I watched had people using claptons with no issues. I plan on trying some fused claptons in mine when it arrives.

DukeBlue

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I guess claptons aren’t for everybody but it’s all I’ve used in the Boreas.
2mm deck.jpg

NoAvail

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So after running a full tank have to say this RTA is the bees knees:D. That afc ring is still tight. It's like it's getting stuck on something on thag 4th hole but I don't know what it could possibly be. Might be something with the paint. Wish I ordered the SS now. I can feel when I get past it either way it goes smooth. Looked at all the pieces and can't find out for the life of me what it is. Maybe whatever is going on will grind down or soemthing eventually

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So after running a full tank have to say this RTA is the bees knees:D. That afc ring is still tight. It's like it's getting stuck on something on thag 4th hole but I don't know what it could possibly be. Might be something with the paint. Wish I ordered the SS now. I can feel when I get past it either way it goes smooth. Looked at all the pieces and can't find out for the life of me what it is. Maybe whatever is going on will grind down or soemthing eventually
May just be a small burr on the inside of one of the holes.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I'm just curious how a "semi wealthy" person such as yourself "had to sell your supreme to buy juice"?

At no point did I say I "had" to sell the Supreme, I sold it to buy juice because it helped. My definition of semi wealthy is the $73,000 a year I make. It's definitely more money I've ever seen in my entire life, but if I'm not going to use something anymore I typically sell it. Woo, people just love jumping on my ass, this is gonna be fun son.

For future reference, if you're literally going to quote something, get the quote right, especially when it's RIGHT about your post. :crazy: You mentioned one post and quoted an entirely different one.

VU Sponsors