The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yeah...I still don't know about this whole "rayon" business! If you see how they make it you might not use it for inhalation purposes.

My box has been there for quite a while.....

079e04fe8daf45bfa6a61d01657dc31d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better than where raspberry flavoring comes from!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Put your coil between the posts (single coil). And it can tootle :)

Started to get a little intimated by these out-there builds, lol.

Definitely at one of those vaping turning points. I'm just shy of three months off the smokes, and last week my lungs went HELLO. All of a sudden I'm wanting to inhale about twice as much vaper as two weeks ago.

It's also weird, because I dual used for over two and half years and did MTL on the cigs and lung hits on the vape. Once I finally quit smoking, I strictly MTL on the vape, even my squonkers.

It would be nice to have a rebuildable that will go wherever my vaping goes :)

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Definitely at one of those vaping turning points. I'm just shy of three months off the smokes, and last week my lungs went HELLO. All of a sudden I'm wanting to inhale about twice as much vaper as two weeks ago.

It's also weird, because I dual used for over two and half years and did MTL on the cigs and lung hits on the vape. Once I finally quit smoking, I strictly MTL on the vape, even my squonkers.

If you want to, send me the decks and I'll set them up to get you started :)

DukeBlue

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Congrats on getting off the smokes! I’m coming up on 4 years off the nasty smokes and I just got into direct lung tanks about a year ago. I used to be all about the genesis atomizers with mesh but now hardly touch them anymore. It’s a whole new world with the big clouds the new RTA tanks are producing these days. I love how I can get a good nic fix with just a few hits now instead of constantly hitting my mod to get the same effect.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Hey Roxy, do you know if the 8ml capacity is measured by the maximum via bottom fill or topfill? Because I'm able to get about, maybe .5ml-1ml extra in the tank by bottom filling it right up to the deck-insertion chamber hole, measuring to basically 8.1mls or so, where-as measuring topfill I get like 7.4mls.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hey Roxy, do you know if the 8ml capacity is measured by the maximum via bottom fill or topfill? Because I'm able to get about, maybe .5ml-1ml extra in the tank by bottom filling it right up to the deck-insertion chamber hole, measuring to basically 8.1mls or so, where-as measuring topfill I get like 7.4mls.

I measured it on the prototypes at 8ml top filling. And 2 reviewers have said it's only 7 so I would like to check again on one of the finalized versions. My second time measuring on the prototype I included the wicks and got 8.5ml.

So your measurements are probably fine. Next time I vape one to empty I will measure it.

I never measured it bottom filling, but it is easier to get more in that way.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I've noticed that filling from the top, no matter how well it's wicked, how thick the juice (my main ADV is 85VG/15PG, very amazing locally made Strawberry Shortcake with Cream flavor.), no matter which deck, no matter how much cotton in the deck, no matter how open or closed the airflow/JFC. It barely leaks, it's literally probably, a 1/6 a ml at the most, 1/8 at the least. It will either lightly condensate around the airflow holes or give me one hit worth of spitback right after filling. Then it seals and works fine. If I fill from the bottom, nothing leaks, no spitback. But I measured the juice intake with a syringe before anything leaked out, I think it's because filling it to literally 100% max from the top will cause overflow into the chimney when the top cap is threaded on, where-as the bottom won't do this. I think the extra half a ml or so is collecting into the area above the juice fill holes when the top cap is threaded on. I wouldn't even say the tank 'leaks', because such a small amount comes out and only directly after filling, but it isn't something that bothers me. The vape off this tank is more than worth one hit of minor spitback after filling, I just cannot figure out why it happens.

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah...I still don't know about this whole "rayon" business! If you see how they make it you might not use it for inhalation purposes.

My box has been there for quite a while.....

079e04fe8daf45bfa6a61d01657dc31d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So is the liquid you are actually vaping. Truth is nobody knows the long term effects of vaping anything or using anything to vape with. The fact that a lot of things give you cancer and the fact that I smoked for 22 years, I will take my chances.

k_robeson

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
So is the liquid you are actually vaping. Truth is nobody knows the long term effects of vaping anything or using anything to vape with. The fact that a lot of things give you cancer and the fact that I smoked for 22 years, I will take my chances.

Ok....ill try it again. Just rewicked it with rayon and we will see how it goes! So far so good!

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm on my second tank of juice with this black Boreas. I think I have the wicking done even better that with my SS one. After a few hits, the rayon started coming to life and the flavor and vapor out of this thing is awesome! I think it's time to rewick my first one. I'm starting to get an off taste, almost a burnt taste. But it's the original wick I started with. Time for maintenance!:)

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol, I can also be a mail man stalker. Once I see him park a couple blocks down I know vape gear is about 15 minutes away and the next time he moves the truck it is in front of my house. Sometimes it's the small things in life that give us the greatest joy :vapemail:

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm on my second tank of juice with this black Boreas. I think I have the wicking done even better that with my SS one. After a few hits, the rayon started coming to life and the flavor and vapor out of this thing is awesome! I think it's time to rewick my first one. I'm starting to get an off taste, almost a burnt taste. But it's the original wick I started with. Time for maintenance!:)

What do you mean by weird taste? PAINT?

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The black one I got yesterday is perfect. Ive been over two weeks with the same build and wicks that I started with. I just suspect that it's time to dry burn and rewick my SS one.

rolf 2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
15 bucks an hour?

Tazz and I are packing our bags and moving to Kali-Fornia. We're a loadin' up the truck!
jaaa!
lived there in orange co.most of my live
you think the "other place " is over regulated try living there !
you need to make 60.00 per hr to live in an outhouse .
I am a refuje from there just like from "the other place "

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
jaaa!
lived there in orange co.most of my live
you think the "other place " is over regulated try living there !
you need to make 60.00 per hr to live in an outhouse .
I am a refuje from there just like from "the other place "

Yeah, cost of living in California is outrageous! I was offered a teaching job there fresh out of college. I got excited, being Cali and starting pay was 50% higher. Then I looked at cost of an apartment and food, and said never mind!

rolf 2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Before I tracked down the Sally's supply, the only way people were getting rayon was from pill bottles, lol.
the only problem with that is ...use a cig lighter to burn test it and make sure it is rayon .
if it melts into a blob it aint rayon . most of it is rayon so and worked good for me until I got the stuff from infinite wicks cellucotton
100 % cellu cotton.

rolf 2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
0284cf9d7981bd83ce6bafdcbf7da776.jpg

What you guys think?. BAD ASS?
emoji876.png

VAPE IT:cloud:
emoji709.png
If you're looking at stocking up for 2017 :p, (I hate gearbest and their terrible delivery times, mods pretty badass though).
jes it is bad ass !
but I need that like I need a hole in my head...lol
vtc miny single coil boreas with insert at 14 watts ...heaven !

VU Sponsors