roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I got the base unscrewed!
Went to soak it all, but one of the o-rings popped up. I wasn't able to tell what it fell off of, could anyone maybe tell me where it should be?

I can't tell with nothing else for a size reference.

DukeBlue

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The only company I regularly order from out of California is YetiVape, and they apply the tax at first until the system realizes I'm not in California when I press order then it deducts it.

Yetivape is in NY not CA.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Yetivape is in NY not CA.

That's right, well NY has a tax too. I was thinking of VaporBeast and said YetiVape. I got monsters mixed up.

I have five vendors I order from.

YetiVape
VaporBeast
Eciggity
VapeNW
SubtankSupply

StS is the recent addition. I avoid China vendors like the plague, saying $10 and waiting a month for mail isn't my cup of tea.

DukeBlue

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
That's right, well NY has a tax too. I was thinking of VaporBeast and said YetiVape. I got monsters mixed up.

I have five vendors I order from.

YetiVape
VaporBeast
Eciggity
VapeNW
SubtankSupply

StS is the recent addition. I avoid China vendors like the plague, saying $10 and waiting a month for mail isn't my cup of tea.
I guess I'm lucky in NC, I don't have to pay taxes unless the company has a storefront in NC.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
TN has a combination of TSFA and CASAA gunning for it so I'm very lucky to be where I am, TN is one of the safest places in the south to be a vaper.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
My apologies, here you go! Thank you :)

I think it's the one that sits in your 510 base (the piece with your serial number). There should be one in the inside of that that sits in a groove around the hole in the middle that the 510 of the deck goes through. Check if there's one there.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Talk about P.O.'d

I received the battery upgrade for the LavaBox.

Screw heads for the grip stripped trying to get them out. Freaking tiny screw driver they sent is wortheless and I broke the handle off.

Had to break the grip to get the screws out. Scratched the mod.

Then they sent a black back cover and not the blood red one.

Screw it. Installed the battery anyway.

I now have a black and red LavaBox. Ehhh! :cuss2::gaah:

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Talk about P.O.'d

I received the battery upgrade for the LavaBox.

Screw heads for the grip stripped trying to get them out. Freaking tiny screw driver they sent is wortheless and I broke the handle off.

Had to break the grip to get the screws out. Scratched the mod.

Then they sent a black back cover and not the blood red one.

Screw it. Installed the battery anyway.

I now have a black and red LavaBox. Ehhh! :cuss2::gaah:

The screws on the Lavabox are absolute shit, it's not just the screwdriver they sent. It's such a low grade of stainless steel it might as well be aluminum. Plus they're so small that the inserts for the screwdriver head are really small and easy to strip due to the cheap metal. Request a new one from the company, you were using tools they supplied and it broke, their tools, their box, their fault.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'll just buy another. I really likje it. Works well with the BOREAS.

Just buy another Black one but get the battery upgrade for the blood red edition.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
As a general rule I don't use any tool that comes with vape gear. It's all shit and worse you are probably using them on shit china hardware.

I figured I would run out and buy some Precision screw drivers. Stopped at the local Auto Parts Store. Bought a set and they were worse then the shit china tool.

Fortunately, I searched through all my real tools and found a screw driver that would work on the screws I hadn't stripped out. Phew!

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
As a general rule I don't use any tool that comes with vape gear. It's all shit and worse you are probably using them on shit china hardware.

In my eyes, if they were too cheap to use magnets and chose screws, they were likely too cheap to use actual well made screws.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I vaped the RX200 at .13 at 250 watts for a good hour and it handled fine. Obviously, the batteries got a little warm every few hits, but as long as you don't chain vape for thirty minutes straight at the kind of power on a load that low it won't hurt you.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
My current builds I can check in a few minutes. But I don't think any are lower than maybe 0.15ohm.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can almost see a coil in there :p Just poking fun...I dont play with Ti, but Im glad your enjoying it!

Yeah, gotta order some 24g 316L (got 26g) to at least throw a clapton on there. This topper needs more coil. Got shit tons of kanthal but I like SS better.

You mentioned in the coilart thread that SS claptons don't TC. I am running their SS clapton coil and it won't even register on a yihi chip and runs inconsistent on the rx200... but at least runs in TC mode. Best in power mode though.

Curious to see if I can wrap a SS on SS clapton and have it TC in the boreas. Whatever, if it doesn't, I'll run it in power mode.

Last edited:

chinacatsunflower-

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hmmm... I'm going to throw a twisted Kanthal build on the Boreas and test out how well she wicks. Really excited, although I do need to wash her again! Wreaks of machine oil, even after brushing her with a tooth brush!

@roxynoodle I'm really liking the quality of the tank so far, it feels and looks much more thought out than the Griffin. I hate how the JFC & AFC work on the Griffin, tighten it too hard on the mod and when you go to take it off your AFC locks on the other side to the base. Then you have to push it back into place, resulting in a looser AFC ring. Can't simply twist it back due to the base rotating with the JFC, have scratched my Griffin twice due to this silly problem.

Have a feeling this Boreas is going to make my Griffin a back up drawer tank! :D

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Which is fucking night in the east, way to go Hawaii.

Hey, eastern time is the bane of my life - our stupid legislature uses it as excuse to not dump the even more worthless Daylight Savings Time.

But here is the good news for you: the coupon is good - I just used it. The sale began 9 EST, not 9 Hawaii time.

chinacatsunflower-

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hey, eastern time is the bane of my life - our stupid legislature uses it as excuse to not dump the even more worthless Daylight Savings Time.

But here is the good news for you: the coupon is good - I just used it. The sale began 9 EST, not 9 Hawaii time.

I can confirm this, just made a purchase myself for a Tsunami RDA. Don't yet have a RDA and I have read around that the post screws were better made on this one than that of the Griffin, so I said "screw" it ;) For all areas the coupon code is now in effect :)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I can confirm this, just made a purchase myself for a Tsunami RDA. Don't yet have a RDA and I have read around that the post screws were better made on this one than that of the Griffin, so I said "screw" it ;) For all areas the coupon code is now in effect :)

Frickin' coupon codes! So, in addition to the SS boreas, I also decided to try the Alleria (I'll just blame @ej1024 if I don't like it, :devil: ) , a cheap squonk box and some 26 awg kanthal.

Dam me all to hell - I was supposed to be saving for another REO---

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The Tsunami is a great RDA, though the 24mm will have a better juice well, you cant beat the style of airflow and post design together!

chinacatsunflower-

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Frickin' coupon codes! So, in addition to the SS boreas, I also decided to try the Alleria (I'll just blame @ej1024 if I don't like it, :devil: ) , a cheap squonk box and some 26 awg kanthal.

Dam me all to hell - I was supposed to be saving for another REO---

You're telling me! I just got my check on Monday and I don't even have 30% of it left! Bought the Boreas, DIY flavors, and now a RDA / Batteries. These damned spring sales! :cuss2:

EDIT: Also forgot that I bought a bunch of battery wraps, 100ft of Kanthal A1 from KidneyPuncher, and a ton of cotton. I should be good on buying things for now... I shall resist the temptation! I must!

Last edited:

chinacatsunflower-

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The Tsunami is a great RDA, though the 24mm will have a better juice well, you cant beat the style of airflow and post design together!

Thanks for the reassurance! I'm mainly buying it due to simply have a RDA so I can test my juices out more efficiently when making new recipes as I only own RTA's right now. Really glad to hear you like it so much! Any quirks regarding it I should know of?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
You're telling me! I just got my check on Monday and I don't even have 30% of it left! Bought the Boreas, DIY flavors, and now a RDA / Batteries. These damned spring sales! :cuss2:

EDIT: Also forgot that I bought a bunch of battery wraps, 100ft of Kanthal A1 from KidneyPuncher, and a ton of cotton. I should be good on buying things for now... I shall resist the temptation! I must!

Wraps, kanthal and cotton are like food --- you don't have to count that against your vape budget because they are a necessity. Actually, the same is true of the RDA if you don't already have one. And think of all the coin you saved by buying DIY flavors instead of premade juice! Oh, and batteries can be put in the ledger under safety, so you are good.

chinacatsunflower-

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Wraps, kanthal and cotton are like food --- you don't have to count that against your vape budget because they are a necessity. Actually, the same is true of the RDA if you don't already have one. And think of all the coin you saved by buying DIY flavors instead of premade juice! Oh, and batteries can be put in the ledger under safety, so you are good.

Oh yes. When I first started out on my vaping journey, I spent close to $200 on premium juice (with many sales)... and then I found DIY. That is the only thing I regret in my vaping journey, wasting that much money on juice.

VU Sponsors