Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

rolf 2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Just out of curiosity, how do you fill from bottom? Take out deck and then what? Probably a stupid question.

HD
taking the deck out is not the greatest idea unless you want to check on the coil or wicking.
then have some paper towel ready its a little wet when you take it out.
just open the juice flow you will see it when you take the bottom off ,two elongated slots.
they got to be open when filling! when full srew the bottom back on and close the air ,juice control to where you normaly vape ..that's all .

rolf 2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
got a question !!
never vaped in temp control ..somehow my ipv4 reset it selv and don't know how to get out of it ,looking for my instruction booklet but something funny happened , it vapes fantastic !!
but it has a single a1 coil in it . at about 1 ohm . better vape and flavor . then in power mode .
I thought kanthal does not work for temp control??
the sreen shows 20.0 j ...4.4 v...52 ohm shows lower then my ohm meter . why ? and it is at 212 f
knowing nothing about tc I guess I have to learn now.
for now ill leave it alone . cant teach an old horse any tricks .. no ..or ? well just fell into it lol

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
got a question !!
never vaped in temp control ..somehow my ipv4 reset it selv and don't know how to get out of it ,looking for my instruction booklet but something funny happened , it vapes fantastic !!
but it has a single a1 coil in it . at about 1 ohm . better vape and flavor . then in power mode .
I thought kanthal does not work for temp control??
the sreen shows 20.0 j ...4.4 v...52 ohm shows lower then my ohm meter . why ? and it is at 212 f
knowing nothing about tc I guess I have to learn now.
for now ill leave it alone . cant teach an old horse any tricks .. no ..or ? well just fell into it lol

Yihi chips shouldn't temp control kanthal. Only thing I can think of is the temp was low enough to not throw it into temp protection. If you didn't lock resistance, that's another thing that should have been done for TC wire but maybe not doing it allowed you to trick the chip?

Hit the fire button 5 times and that will get you to the menu. Click fire till you see power or joules selection and change to power with the up or down button. Now you're out of temp control.

I enjoy TC, if you want to try it grab some SS or Ti wire and give it a go. Propper TC wire will vape much better than kanthal that happens to get by with very off temp settings.

Difference in resistance... well, one of the two is right, the other is wrong lol. Seriously though, maybe a wire loosened somewhere between the meter and the mod? Or one of the two really is that far off... I would trust the yihi.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're telling me! I just got my check on Monday and I don't even have 30% of it left! Bought the Boreas, DIY flavors, and now a RDA / Batteries. These damned spring sales! :cuss2:

EDIT: Also forgot that I bought a bunch of battery wraps, 100ft of Kanthal A1 from KidneyPuncher, and a ton of cotton. I should be good on buying things for now... I shall resist the temptation! I must!
Lol

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you having leaking? If so, let me try to help. So far I think everyone else who has had a problem, has been able to resolve it. I want people to enjoy their RTAs, and leaking isn't acceptable to me either. I have a defective MT that has been binned for parts because it leaks every 4-13 days without warning. I have 3 others that work perfectly so it's that atty.

But, if it turns out you have a defective part, I'll do my best to get you a new one. If it's something else, we should be able to resolve that, too.

I was having leaking problems, but its kinda stopped now after cleaning it good. Dont know what the cause was tbh. But its not leaking bad anymore, it gets a little juicy around the air holes now, but more like a condensation looking amount rather than the thick drips that was coming out before.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Yihi chips shouldn't temp control kanthal. Only thing I can think of is the temp was low enough to not throw it into temp protection. If you didn't lock resistance, that's another thing that should have been done for TC wire but maybe not doing it allowed you to trick the chip?

Hit the fire button 5 times and that will get you to the menu. Click fire till you see power or joules selection and change to power with the up or down button. Now you're out of temp control.

I enjoy TC, if you want to try it grab some SS or Ti wire and give it a go. Propper TC wire will vape much better than kanthal that happens to get by with very off temp settings.

Difference in resistance... well, one of the two is right, the other is wrong lol. Seriously though, maybe a wire loosened somewhere between the meter and the mod? Or one of the two really is that far off... I would trust the yihi.

Yihi chips, at least the older SX330 ones, not sure of the newer ones, won't throw you out of TC if you're using non-TC wire such as Kanthal. It just gives you the power equivalent to the joules setting. Not sure why they use joules as joules is just watts per second, but if you are vaping on kanthal in an SX330 device at say, 30J, you're just vaping as you would be in 30W only the device is trying to limit the temperature as if the wire was what the mode is set for. So it turns into this really half assed vape.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
You gonna like IT, I will give u back ur money if u don't...

Wow, advice that comes with a return policy :)

This is how I rate new vape gear. I take it work with me. There I am always busy, constantly annoyed, frequently interrupted, under pressure, usually multitasking, and must do so with grace and calm. There is ZERO time to mess with my vape gear despite the fact I vape whenever I have one hand free.

I need to be able to push a button and it vapes to my satisfaction. No time for changing batteries, leaks, refills, misfires, dry hits etc.

Over the last two days, the vape I reached for the most under all kinds of chaos - much to my surprise - has been the Boreas.

It works flawlessly and tastes fantastic. And thanks to my high ohm tootling ways, a tank will last me almost all day.

I'm hoping to get similar results with the Alleria, but closer to the tighter draw I still prefer, despite really lovin' on the Boreas.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I own one squonk box. It's an SX350J-V2 powered single 18650 squonk box I made one day when I decided to try regulated squonking. I don't know, I'm so hung up on RDTA's an RTA's I just can't do it, but it's nice to see squonk boxes OTHER than the Reo (fun fact, for a WHILE, until Reo violated the contract, a local store which has since branched out far and wide to become a multi-million dollar juice company known as Mountain Oak Vapors were the first and ONLY vendor to sell these. At the time this was the only MOV store, so Cleveland TN got the Reo before anybody did, I owned one for about two years I used religiously before vaping advanced and so did my vaping style.) coming out. The best RDA made for squonking on the Reo I've used is the Marks Bugs Chalice, but that thing is obnoxiously expensive.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I own one squonk box. It's an SX350J-V2 powered single 18650 squonk box I made one day when I decided to try regulated squonking. I don't know, I'm so hung up on RDTA's an RTA's I just can't do it, but it's nice to see squonk boxes OTHER than the Reo (fun fact, for a WHILE, until Reo violated it, a local store which has since branched out far known as Mountain Oak Vapors were the first and ONLY vendor to sell these.) coming out. The best RDA made for squonking on the Reo I've used is the Marks Bugs Chalice, but that thing is obnoxiously expensive.

I have a Chalice 3 clone that is hands down my favorite atty of any kind - despite the fact it is a bitch to build, for me at least. No one is cloning them anymore, it seems.

I bought a used authentic one for $85 last weekend - the first one I've seen for under $100. Rob is selling new ones on the REO site for $140 plus shipping. You can buy a lot of vape shit for that kind of money.

chinacatsunflower-

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
My first go at the Boreas, I ended up having a leaking issue. Nothing major, just a little bit over my mod. However after giving it another go, flipping it over and waiting 10 second, then refilling it with the AFC closed, I'm having no problems... besides... boy... am I going to need to get me an ADV soon...

THE FLAVOR ON THIS THING YOU GUYS :eek:

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow, advice that comes with a return policy :)

This is how I rate new vape gear. I take it work with me. There I am always busy, constantly annoyed, frequently interrupted, under pressure, usually multitasking, and must do so with grace and calm. There is ZERO time to mess with my vape gear despite the fact I vape whenever I have one hand free.

I need to be able to push a button and it vapes to my satisfaction. No time for changing batteries, leaks, refills, misfires, dry hits etc.

Over the last two days, the vape I reached for the most under all kinds of chaos - much to my surprise - has been the Boreas.

It works flawlessly and tastes fantastic. And thanks to my high ohm tootling ways, a tank will last me almost all day.

I'm hoping to get similar results with the Alleria, but closer to the tighter draw I still prefer, despite really lovin' on the Boreas.
Like what I said I will give ur money back if u didn't like the ALLERIA
ALLERIA is a tootle puffer tank, if u like the BOREAS now, u gonna like the ALLERIA...
Build it ryt 10 wraps 28 g dual should be good with u... TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THIS
ALLERIA IS PERFECT FOR YOU,
Very easy to build
You ain't gonna have any leaking issues of u do it right
AGAIN.... Money back guaranteed by ME not AUGVAPE
Don't get that twisted

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I have a Chalice 3 clone that is hands down my favorite atty of any kind - despite the fact it is a bitch to build, for me at least. No one is cloning them anymore, it seems.

I bought a used authentic one for $85 last weekend - the first one I've seen for under $100. Rob is selling new ones on the REO site for $140 plus shipping. You can buy a lot of vape shit for that kind of money.

MOV had like, two left, and on a Black Friday sale let them go in a bundle for BOTH a Reo 18650 full sized (colored) and a Chalice RDA (Authentic) for $100. Just $100.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My first go at the Boreas, I ended up having a leaking issue. Nothing major, just a little bit over my mod. However after giving it another go, flipping it over and waiting 10 second, then refilling it with the AFC closed, I'm having no problems... besides... boy... am I going to need to get me an ADV soon...

Good on you CC...it took me a few tries to stop the leaking....until I read the directions.....:huh:.....:)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

^5

Yeah, it's pretty amazing.

MOV had like, two left, and on a Black Friday sale let them go in a bundle for BOTH a Reo 18650 full sized (colored) and a Chalice RDA (Authentic) for $100. Just $100.

I'd of been all over that shit

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Like what I said I will give ur money back if u didn't like the ALLERIA
ALLERIA is a tootle puffer tank, if u like the BOREAS now, u gonna like the ALLERIA...
Build it ryt 10 wraps 28 g dual should be good with u... TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THIS
ALLERIA IS PERFECT FOR YOU,
Very easy to build
You ain't gonna have any leaking issues of u do it right
AGAIN.... Money back guaranteed by ME not AUGVAPE
Don't get that twisted

I need easy to build - my abilities are sub par. Actually, I'm pretty good with a regular coil. Wicking is my real nemesis.

chinacatsunflower-

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I need easy to build - my abilities are sub par. Actually, I'm pretty good with a regular coil. Wicking is my real nemesis.

Wicking is my nemesis too, which is why I bought the Boreas. It took me a couple days to get the Griffin down, but it wasn't too hard. Once you figure out the amount of cotton you need depending on what ID and cotton brand you're using, everything really falls into place.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
As long as u have the materials you should be good to go

I did get some 26 awg Kanthal, I'm not in the mood to screw around with anything else new right now.

Got some Pima and Native Wicks Platinum earlier this week - so superior to Japanese cotton it ain't funny

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did get some 26 awg Kanthal, I'm not in the mood to screw around with anything else new right now.

Got some Pima and Native Wicks Platinum earlier this week - so superior to Japanese cotton it ain't funny
Do a 10 wraps 2.5 ID

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Wicking is my nemesis too, which is why I bought the Boreas. It took me a couple days to get the Griffin down, but it wasn't too hard. Once you figure out the amount of cotton you need depending on what ID and cotton brand you're using, everything really falls into place.

Man, I could fill pages and pages of threads on my misadventures in wicking.

I probably wouldn't have bothered building the Boreas at all in the first place if it wasn't for the fact it was supposed to be pretty easy to wick.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Man, I could fill pages and pages of threads on my misadventures in wicking.

I probably wouldn't have bothered building the Boreas at all in the first place if it wasn't for the fact it was supposed to be pretty easy to wick.
The Boreas was my second tank in 1.5 years, the other a Goblin mini....been using strictly squonkers, therefore wicking is a no-brainer with BF drippers.

chinacatsunflower-

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
You really get the snap crackle pop from the PG or DW, don't notice any popping using all VG.

I use mostly 70/30 but sometimes 80/20, thinking I'm going to start making all my DIY juice 80/20, just loooove that smoothness.

Squeeze it

Ahh, so just squeeze it with pliers until it's all flat and then wrap the coil? Does this have any affect on flavor?

I'll definitely try this next time I build :)

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I've noticed popping more-so at higher wattage builds on round and twisted wire. My claptons never pop.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The Boreas was my second tank in 1.5 years, the other a Goblin mini....been using strictly squonkers, therefore wicking is a no-brainer with BF drippers.

I've even screwed up my bf wicks before

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Let's see, last time, I'm not sure what the problem was.

I rewicked my chalice last weekend. Thought I did a pretty good job but by Tuesday the wick was over-saturating after when squonked.

Rewicked yesterday and so far, so good.

It's just not my forte

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use mostly 70/30 but sometimes 80/20, thinking I'm going to start making all my DIY juice 80/20, just loooove that smoothness.

Ahh, so just squeeze it with pliers until it's all flat and then wrap the coil? Does this have any affect on flavor?

I'll definitely try this next time I build :)
Flavor will be more intense when u flatten it.
SURFACE AREA, especially on a higher G wire...
Do more wraps

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
49134ea5bdd05292eb6241b0a2984276.jpg

VAPE IT

VU Sponsors