Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

Jimmy Lee

Member For 4 Years
Hi fellow Nevans fan, lol! Indeed I generally love all of his recipes! I hope his ejuice business is going well. He’s been busy with that I’m sure.

Since I fell out of the FB groove I don’t get to speak to Nick at all anymore :(

If you’ll still active on FB could you please tell him :wave: for me? thanks!
I would but like you I very rarely go on FB these days much preferring to spend my spare time on the mixing forums. I know that he still reply’s on his ELR recipes so we might catch him there.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have been busy helping my son (and wife that now lives with him... long story)
I was so excited to get my BCF order but haven't done anything with the new flavors yet. Had to mix up unflavored base first (6 and 12 mg/ml) Done (finally) but shaking them and waiting for tomorrow to mix. For once, I'm not doing a SFT of every flavor (besides some are re-stock) Two that will get a SFT are FW butterscotch ripple and WF crumble topping (and yes... I'm crazy so will end up throwing those together at some point) Maybe this week-end will do a POG recipe.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have been busy helping my son (and wife that now lives with him... long story)
I was so excited to get my BCF order but haven't done anything with the new flavors yet. Had to mix up unflavored base first (6 and 12 mg/ml) Done (finally) but shaking them and waiting for tomorrow to mix. For once, I'm not doing a SFT of every flavor (besides some are re-stock) Two that will get a SFT are FW butterscotch ripple and WF crumble topping (and yes... I'm crazy so will end up throwing those together at some point) Maybe this week-end will do a POG recipe.
Love the FW Butterscotch Ripple & the WF Crumble Topping. Have fun!

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So now I am overcome with new flavors (and recipes to make) It seems I am deep in the rabbit hole and now there is another rabbit hole within the main one. Which ones to mix at 6 mg or 12 mg? Honestly (and eventually) I would like to be done with MTL (really like RDL and some DL now) but the tanks (and coils I have) require that I still do both. I might just flip a coin (have done that before when I just can't decide)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Now that I'm getting into mixing more complex recipes, I realize that using so many flavors (all in PG) adds up the total % of PG. I pre-mix my unflavored bases at 70VG/30PG (that was fine when I just used 2-3 flavors) so in the future I am going to premix my base at 75VG/25PG. I know I should mix each recipe in a custom way but I am not willing to give up the convenient method of using pre-mixed base. Too bad I just made two 100 ml batches... I'll adjust it next time.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I did some quick mixing: FW butterscotch ripple and TFA banana nut bread (both at 6mg/ml)
Also mixed up the POG (subbed WF passion fruit at a little over 2%) This one at 12 mg/ml. All will be tested in my current tanks. The rest of the day was for cleaning/re-organizing my "vaping shelf" Cleaning was easy (sort of... very dusty from all year) but re-organizing (including new flavors I got) was harder than I thought. I managed to get all the flavors (including some that were gifted to my by WG)... thank you for that. I really wanted to do more mixing but the cleaning/re-organizing took longer than I thought, It's such a wonderful fun hobby (but more work than I realized)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just wanted to say... I don't do the "likes" and such (sorry... just reminds me too much of FB that I don't do) I appreciate that many of you do that for me but just pretend that every post you make has a LIKE attached to it. If I do (occasionally) it will be a LOVE. It doesn't matter because I will personally thank you anyway.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Honestly (and eventually) I would like to be done with MTL (really like RDL and some DL now) but the tanks (and coils I have) require that I still do both. I might just flip a coin (have done that before when I just can't decide)
No need to flip a coin, do both. 😀
I can't do only one or the other. Probably DL 75% of the time but always have a MTL set-up with me. Eventually I'll need that throat hit.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Update: quick test of TFA banana nut bread and FW butterscotch ripple:
OK... to bet fair TFA bnb needs a steep (but not bad)
FW butterscotch ripple (even though I rushed it) is so creamy, but to be honest I wanted more "in your face: butterscotch) HH suggests FA butterscotch in some recipes (or should I just get some FW butterscotch)?
The POG clone is so good! (subbed WF passion fruit and dropped the sweet guava 1 %) It is so good! Will eventually add some creamy flavor too (but wanted to try it first) The Guava is still there (which I like) but even at 1% less it is perfect. I am so glad I did a go at the POG clone (3 different recipes had the same list)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So just like the pre-made POG (Naked brand) I added some cream (WF bavarian cream... it's very mellow and I use it often as a creamy note)
TFA banana nut bread is getting better (next time I'll let it steep longer) I feel it needs more banana and maybe something like cake to smooth it out. Considering also adding either peanut butter or hazelnut too.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I would love to get any suggestions for uses for WF crumble topping (going to order more flavors in a few weeks so have time to plan for this) I tend to "think out of the box" (don't care if it relates to real world recipes)... like should I just add some to the french toast? Or maybe a coffee cake.
I'm excited because I was never able to order so many flavors in the past. Might even pull off a LB and FJ order soon.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Just one more today (I mentioned this recently) French toast (won't post % until I try this)
RF french toast
WF croissant
FA maple syrup
and some vanilla and a few drops of cinnamon.

I'm gonna get all Southern on you here.

Put you some orange in with that, darlin, and you will HAVE IT! :teehee:

Orange in with maple, cinnamon, custardy French toast is to die for!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Did some mad mixing (4 solo and 3 recipes) Won't bother listing them (most are ones I've done before)
TFA banana nut bread and FW butterscotch ripple (both will get a good steep this time) A small (10ml) of WF crumble topping (will test this in a RDA)

I've read all kinds of good things about TFA Banana Nut Bread, even as a standalone. I have it and have used it in small amounts, but I'm just not that big a fan of banana nut bread, even the baked, real-life kind. I like French toast much more! With Orange In It! :)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm gonna get all Southern on you here.

Put you some orange in with that, darlin, and you will HAVE IT! :teehee:

Orange in with maple, cinnamon, custardy French toast is to die for!
That is so ironic! I learned to make french toast when I was 5 years old... one day (I think I saw this on Julia Childs show) I added some frozen orange juice concentrate to it and was so proud because it tasted great.
I have made RF french toast with VT orange marmalade and it was very good. This time it's maple but I might end up adding the orange after I try it.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I mentioned this before... Need a couple flavors from Liquid barn (one shots) and one from Flavor Jungle (FE Lemon) It sucks to pay shipping for tiny orders. I can find a few more at LB so that's OK. Luckily, FJ has the empty bottles I want so makes it worth ordering a single flavor. I get paid in a week but after these orders, I will have to wait a month to order from VSO (I want that blueberry!)
While I was looking around, I noticed there was a one-shot for POG (oh well... already got all the flavors to make that and who knows... I might re-invent it... mango should fit right in)
For Christmas, I'm treating myself to MF black cherry (then I'm done!... I hear laughing... "you will never be done" haha)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've been enjoying MB lemon tart (with WF flapper pie... it's a light custard with meringue) and a little extra lemon. Lemon tart has a strong bakery (crust) flavor that I felt like was more of a cookie than a pie crust (real life recipes use a pie crust with egg added) But now that I've been vaping it more, I realize it's a buttery graham crust (light bulb goes on above my head) This would be perfect for my cheesecake (that I usually add TFA graham cracker to) The little bit of lemon should work fine with things like raspberry, blueberry, ect.
Of course, cheesecake needs a long steep so I will mix some (with the lemon tart), give it a few weeks and then add the other fruit.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I tried to do an SFT of WF cumble topping. My RDA had some issues ( two mods showed no atomizer) so I moved on. Drained and refilled a tank... it's really good. Butter, brown sugar and what seemed to be a "baked" note... nice. I also recognized something else (I did a SFT of FA liquid amber when I first got it) It reminds me of that (but that could be good) Just a hint of cinnamon (but that's good... I can add that myself) This will be so good in an apple pie! In real life, I love "dutch apple pie". I will even try this in my peach pie.
I can see using this n many recipes.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I did my new routine with peach (first I mix peach/mango/ apricot) vape half of that, then add FA kiwi and Wayne's "water malone"... and some unflavored base) Thank you guys for the kiwi/peach/watermelon tip (it's my favorite fruit mix)
Been waiting while french toast with maple syrup steeps. Rinsed my tank and put in a new coil. Going to try it now.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well that didn't take long... RF french toast with FA maple syrup is a winner (I also added a few drops of FA cinnamon ceylon) Just needs a bit more vanilla and it will be perfect. FA maple syrup is strong but that's what I wanted (more like real maple syrup than store bought "corn syrup" crap)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well that didn't take long... RF french toast with FA maple syrup is a winner (I also added a few drops of FA cinnamon ceylon) Just needs a bit more vanilla and it will be perfect. FA maple syrup is strong but that's what I wanted (more like real maple syrup than store bought "corn syrup" crap)

Sounds like I should order some FA maple syrup. Yum! When I mix with maple, I want IN-YER-FACE maple! lol I just love it.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So just for fun... I had mixed some butterscotch ripple with caramel, and I had some leftover crumble topping. Have a tank that needs a new coil soon so what the heck... threw them together and it's quite good.
This is not something I will pursue but enjoying it anyway.
I’d bet that would be really good! Gives me ideas…….😊

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Got both orders (LB and FJ are both fast like BCF)
FJ even included a free 10 ml bottle of mango (reminds me of Vape Wild... good memories) Also, the bottles are exactly what I wanted. Very happy camper here.
I think you’re gonna really like that RY4. It’s my favorite of the moment(even more than Holy Holy). I vaped it straight for a whole day. So yummy!

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
mail

Hi guys, it is with a heavy heart, I am here to tell you that we will not be re-opening the website and we have made the difficult decision to cease trading.
This may not come as a surprise as it's been a tough few years for everyone and we were not immune to the pressures of surviving these difficult times.
I would like to thank each and every one of our customers who have supported us over the years. I hope our flavours helped keep you away from cigarettes and maybe even helped you quit nicotine all together.
Both Karl and I cannot thank you all enough for the love and support you have shown us over the years. We have made many friends and have some amazing memories that we will never forget.
Love you all equally
Lewis & Karl
Chefs
All orders placed up to 25th November 2022 have been processed and shipped.
If you have any questions please feel free to reply to this email.
Facebook
Instagram

mail

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
mail

Hi guys, it is with a heavy heart, I am here to tell you that we will not be re-opening the website and we have made the difficult decision to cease trading.
This may not come as a surprise as it's been a tough few years for everyone and we were not immune to the pressures of surviving these difficult times.
I would like to thank each and every one of our customers who have supported us over the years. I hope our flavours helped keep you away from cigarettes and maybe even helped you quit nicotine all together.
Both Karl and I cannot thank you all enough for the love and support you have shown us over the years. We have made many friends and have some amazing memories that we will never forget.
Love you all equally
Lewis & Karl
Chefs
All orders placed up to 25th November 2022 have been processed and shipped.
If you have any questions please feel free to reply to this email.
Facebook
Instagram

mail

I just read this on FB. Super sad to hear…..☹️

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I gave TFA banana nut bread another try (this time after a couple weeks steep) It's so much better!
Also FW butterscotch ripple (even after one week it got better)
I messed up the POG clone (that I nailed the first time) Let me explain...
I've never mixed a recipe were a flavor was less than 1 %. TFA dragonfruit was just a small note in this recipe (0.5 %) I was mixing a 20 ml batch so doubled everything (compared to my first 10 ml batch) Have I lost you? Got mixed up on the math (instead of 0.1 grams... 1%, I did 1 gram... 10%) Oh crap! I just increased the other flavors and made it a 30 ml batch (also added some VG because of all those flavors being in PG) Have no idea (haven't tried it yet) I was really in a hurry (that's when I always mess up) I know I keep saying this but I really need to write down mixes (specific to what I'm mixing that day... including how many ml) Do the math and figure out how many grams of each flavor (when will I learn?) If it's true that you learn from your mistakes, I must have learned a lot LOL.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
A few random thoughts...
Going to try FE Lemon (I want it strong... going for 2%... has anyone tried using more?)
Thinking about adding some peanut butter to banana nut bread.
Can't wait to mix my tobacco with FJ HolyRY4.
Since I "sort of" messed up the POG, going to add some FLV mango to it (and a bit more WF passionfruit and CAP sweet guava... maybe even some FA Lilu sp?) Just going to have fun with this one.
Next month... VSO :) I saw session drummer's reviews and he raved about the blueberry (many others too)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Update:
Love FE lemon (although I might still add another lemon that has a bit of "zest") Tossing out FJ lemon (my bad... read a review that said it was just like FA (and I got confused... was thinking of FE... huge difference)
Peanut butter with banana nut bread was OK, but as usual I added too much PB (after a good steep, I like TFA BNB just fine on it's own)
Mixed more RY4 tobacco (letting it steep... haven't tried it yet) The FJ Holy RY4 seemed to have a really nice vanilla!
I saved the POG (with mango) it fits right in.
So far, my favorite use for PB is with chocolate (actually MB s'mores brownie... just mixed more of that)
I also mixed a quick SNV (kiwi/peach/watermelon)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The reason I mixed a SNV was to try my new toy (Vaporesso Target PM 80 SE) It's a "pod mod" that uses a 18650 battery. BTW, my favorite device is a Vaporesso Revenger X with NRG tank (I call it "my precious")
So... totally freaked out with my new toy (I know this is off topic) Would not light up (I mean nothing... just dead) Was really bummed. It has one of the battery doors on the bottom (the kind where it sort of slides open, put the battery in and slide it closed) I have heard many people complain about this design. Was going nuts! I took a deep breath, looked at it really close under a bright light, and finally figured out how to make it work (very hard to explain but there is a trick to doing it) Now it's working fine (PM me if you are interested in the "trick" to these battery doors... I might have to take pics to explain it)

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The reason I mixed a SNV was to try my new toy (Vaporesso Target PM 80 SE) It's a "pod mod" that uses a 18650 battery. BTW, my favorite device is a Vaporesso Revenger X with NRG tank (I call it "my precious")
So... totally freaked out with my new toy (I know this is off topic) Would not light up (I mean nothing... just dead) Was really bummed. It has one of the battery doors on the bottom (the kind where it sort of slides open, put the battery in and slide it closed) I have heard many people complain about this design. Was going nuts! I took a deep breath, looked at it really close under a bright light, and finally figured out how to make it work (very hard to explain but there is a trick to doing it) Now it's working fine (PM me if you are interested in the "trick" to these battery doors... I might have to take pics to explain it)
Happy to hear you figured out how to get your new toy to work. Thank goodness.

VU Sponsors