Become a Patron!

The Good Old Times

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Who had one of these

May be a cartoon of text that says 'WooLWIEY CHANGE HIS CHARACTER WITH THE WAND Code 941 Dept 230 'MAGNETIC PERSONALITY p FOR 3077 DRAW WHISKERS, HAIR AND EYEBROWS WITH THIS MAGIC WAND FOR GaRts SEE BACK OF CARD FOR COMPLETE INSTRUCTIONS MADE N U.S.A. The Old School Page on Facebook'

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A lot you might not have a clue

Bobby is celebrating his 82nd birthday today
❤️

May be an image of 2 people and text that says 'BOBBY'

But Bobby was a mousecateer from the Micky Mouse Club that aired when I was young :giggle: :giggle:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Already we have the "good old days" of vaping, 10-15 years ago when there were tons of online sellers, free flavor samples with every purchase, quickly emerging new equipment, new review channels on YouTube all the time, vape blogs.

I love watching these videos from Andruless. When I searched and found them in 2012, my friends had already introduced me to vaping but I'd not yet bought the equipment. I knew it would take some investment, and I didn't know if I was ready. These stylish videos propelled me to get started, and I still return to them now and then, to watch nostalgically. They bring back those feelings of joy and anticipation, that I could really quit cigarettes.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think everyone in the neighborhood had a set of these cups
I don't know why, but your pic x'd out.

My aunt had all of those anodized aluminum tumblers in the various colors, and a set of the copper color mugs, like this (random image grabbed from the internet):

Copper color.JPG

We kids, my brothers, cousins, all of us, always swore there was no colder rootbeer than when served in those mugs. When I was setting up my first apartment my aunt gave them to me. I was delighted to have them. My brother eventually talked me out of them. He still has them.

BigEmptySky

Member For 5 Years
I can remember a time before cable/satalite when we depended on these to get different channels
Vintage Antique Television Antenna/Rabbit Ears

Or these

May be an image of text that says 'Go out there and turn that antennae around and I'll yell out when the picture comes in better.''Go out there and turn that antennae around and I'll yell out when the picture comes in better.'

Signals weren't nearly as strong as they are now

I remember being the kid who was always told to go move the rabbit ears for better reception.

Also remember being told "stay there and hold it like that" - because TV got better reception.

BigEmptySky

Member For 5 Years
Anyone save your concert ticket stubs? I saved nearly all of mine.
I saw Pink Floyd in 1975, they played DSOTM in its entirety (bottom stub). Also in 1977, they played WYWH + Animals (top stub).

full.jpg

Ahem, cough-cough, $7.50 to see Pink Floyd in 1975.

The Setlist website lists dates and songs played for nearly every concert going back decades.

https://www.setlist.fm/

BigEmptySky

Member For 5 Years
However many pages back y'all were talking about record albums. I still have many of my records from the 60s - 80s. And yes, I still have a decent record player, Denon, that I use. Just replaced the stylus about a year ago.

My Dad collected LP's. He had hundreds of albums. When he passed away I inherited his collection.

Him and my Mom stayed "hip" with the times and were into the Beach Boys, The Beatles and more. LOL, I even took my Pops to see Frank Zappa back in '76. My Dad loved Zappa's music. Zappa still gets regular airplay in my home.

Many of you are old enough to know exactly what double album this is:
IMG_2667.jpg

It's The Beatles double album known colloquially as the "White Album", released in '68.
LOLz, I inherited all The Beatles and Beach Boys albums and hundreds of jazz LP's that go way way back. Eventually I will sell them, and yes, I do know their current value. My Dad was a jazz musician (tenor sax) and the majority of LP's are jazz.

These days the majority of my music is in lossless FLAC format. I have a dedicated computer with an external 16TB RAID connected to my stereo system. Less wear on the records. LOL.

BigEmptySky

Member For 5 Years
Do you remember the old Ransburg stoneware and metalware (toleware) from the 50's and 60's?

Still have my Mom's Ransburg Cookies jar. LOL, yep the top was broken and repaired a few times.

IMG_2666.jpg

I remember my Mom baking cookies and after they cooled into the jar they went. There was nothing like eating some homemade cookies (w/real freakin' butter) fresh outta the oven after a couple minutes cool-down.

VU Sponsors