Become a Patron!

The Good Old Times

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
However many pages back y'all were talking about record albums. I still have many of my records from the 60s - 80s. And yes, I still have a decent record player, Denon, that I use. Just replaced the stylus about a year ago.

My Dad collected LP's. He had hundreds of albums. When he passed away I inherited his collection.

Him and my Mom stayed "hip" with the times and were into the Beach Boys, The Beatles and more. LOL, I even took my Pops to see Frank Zappa back in '76. My Dad loved Zappa's music. Zappa still gets regular airplay in my home.

Many of you are old enough to know exactly what double album this is:
View attachment 205127

It's The Beatles double album known colloquially as the "White Album", released in '68.
LOLz, I inherited all The Beatles and Beach Boys albums and hundreds of jazz LP's that go way way back. Eventually I will sell them, and yes, I do know their current value. My Dad was a jazz musician (tenor sax) and the majority of LP's are jazz.

These days the majority of my music is in lossless FLAC format. I have a dedicated computer with an external 16TB RAID connected to my stereo system. Less wear on the records. LOL.
Great album, I used to have it

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
May be an image of text that says 'san-gazing.com ESOu IrY YOU DROP SOMETHING WHEN YOU WERE YOUNGER, YOU JUST PICK IT UP. WHEN YOU'RE OLDER AND YOU DROP SOMETHING YOU STARE AT IT FOR A BIT CONTEMPLATING IF YOU ACTUALLY NEED IT ANYMORE.'

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not only that, but Coke doesn't even taste like it did before they changed to New Coke, then faked changing back to what it was. Now, it's just disgusting.
I used to be a huge coke fan and I agree with you it doesn't taste like it did, worked out great for me cause I can't have it anymore and that fact helped loads in gettin me to quit drinkin it

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And then there were the aluminum cases that crushed ciggies when the guys put them in their pockets.

View attachment 205235

The plastic two piece ones weren't any better, but most can at be used as soap caddies for travel.
My wife had a couple of those, I swiped one of them so my smokes wouldn't get broke at work

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Change counter. I remember when bus drivers, etc. used them to make change for you.
Winner, you are absolutely right, I do too, I always thought they were really cool and as a kid always wanted one :giggle: , I love a stroll down memory lane;)

VU Sponsors