Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Does anyone remember makin book covers outta paper bags?

May be an image of book and diary
My mom was a master at making these free book covers.
Now, I can't even find paper bags at the grocery store.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Im not a bicycle person and I see some.
Cheap brakes
Cheap pedals.
Cheaper sprocket.
How the handlbars attatch.
Cheap probly thinner tubing , because they had to add a second straight bar @ handlebars.
Frame is different.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Who took shop class back in the day

May be an image of 8 people and drill press

Shop class – theses courses are needed so bad today
Yup, took shop class 'cause I received a D on making an apron in Home Ec class :giggle: I cannot for the life of me sew :teehee: I nearly flunked out of that class cause of that flaw :teehee: Thank goodness I could bake ! It saved me from an F
Received a A in Shop :shades:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Home ec... yeah....

I learned more about cooking on my own. Those Betty Crocker cookbooks were a joke to follow for the average person. As for sewing, I only used one stitch mode on the machine. At home, I sew by hand with much stronger thread than the typical machine is designed to handle. If I can grab the thread between both hands, tug, and it breaks, I won't use it. That's the crap the machines are designed for.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Home ec... yeah....

I learned more about cooking on my own. Those Betty Crocker cookbooks were a joke to follow for the average person. As for sewing, I only used one stitch mode on the machine. At home, I sew by hand with much stronger thread than the typical machine is designed to handle. If I can grab the thread between both hands, tug, and it breaks, I won't use it. That's the crap the machines are designed for.
I don't remember much of my childhood, but I do remember this....one afternoon I was really hungry, don't recall if mom was asleep (she worked night shifts) or gone. Had a few Mac n cheese in the cabinet, so decided to make some. Oy veh :teehee: the first one I totally messed up, in the trash it went, round two, uh oh another in the trash, the third one haha finally I could eat.
Yes, as you, I was self taught on how to cook/bake. I don't know how many recipes I goofed up, but I dont give in that easily, do it till I get it right.
Sewing, well, sewing to me sucks :blech: thinking something is wrong with my brain, lol, I can't even cut a straight line on a doted line :giggle: just imagine trying to sew in a straight line, wasn't happening. To this day, it's the same, lol. This I did give up on that easily.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't remember much of my childhood, but I do remember this....one afternoon I was really hungry, don't recall if mom was asleep (she worked night shifts) or gone. Had a few Mac n cheese in the cabinet, so decided to make some. Oy veh :teehee: the first one I totally messed up, in the trash it went, round two, uh oh another in the trash, the third one haha finally I could eat.
Yes, as you, I was self taught on how to cook/bake. I don't know how many recipes I goofed up, but I dont give in that easily, do it till I get it right.
Sewing, well, sewing to me sucks :blech: thinking something is wrong with my brain, lol, I can't even cut a straight line on a doted line :giggle: just imagine trying to sew in a straight line, wasn't happening. To this day, it's the same, lol. This I did give up on that easily.
That's kind of the thing. Sometimes, necessity is not only the mother of invention, but also the teacher of skills. I could sew together a sleeping bad from a comforter, a zipper, and a roll of 80 pound test braided fishing line.
I learned many of my recipes when I was living off the grid in the Sierra Nevada mountains for 3 years. The trick was to cook long enough for the food to be done, but not burnt. Then, add salt and pepper to taste. Now, I have other seasonings to add... just didn't have them back then.
Don't feel bad about being unable to cut a straight line drawn out for you. My husband has the same problem.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Winner, yup, we always called it the dimmer switch
I know it was a lot easier to hit the beam switch in-order to warn on coming traffic about a cop sitting waiting for a speedster to pass by'em
Don't see that much anymore.
Just like trying to get the driver of a big rig to honk. It has been several yrs but my nephew and I got'em to do it.

Last edited:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I still flash my headlights to warn other drivers about speed traps depending on my mood. Of course, most of the time drivers act like assholes is when there are no cops around to do anything about it.

Although, there was one moment when someone made me swerve while cutting me off while passing... and got instant karma from the cop he did not notice was right behind him.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bob Keeshan as “Captain Kangaroo” (also, at times, “Mr. Pennywhistle”, “Mr. Doodle”, “Wally”, and “The Town Clown”), reading ‘Treasure Island’, with, sneaking up from behind, Hugh “Lumpy” Brannum as “Mr. Green Jeans” (and also, at times, “The New Old Folk Singer”, “Percy”, “Uncle Backwards”, “Mr. McGregor”, and “Mr. Bainter the Painter”), on the iconic classic children’s television programme series on the CBS Network “Captain Kangaroo” (1955-1984), that had an incredible 29 years run. Episodes were then reformatted to play as re-runs on PBS until 1993.
When I was young and studied at the Art Students’ League in Midtown Manhattan in New York City in the 1970’s, I used to see Bob Keesham (AKA “Captain Kangaroo”) occasionally on The Harlem Line of the Metro North Railroad heading up into Westchester County. So recognizable with that haircut, you couldn’t miss him. He would always fall fast asleep right after boarding, after what I assume, was a strenuous day of filming in the television studios. Just before his station ‘Crestwood’, the stop just before ‘Scarsdale’, and the stop just after ‘Tuckahoe’, the conductors, who all knew him, would sprint to where he was sitting and wake him up. What I remember so distinctly is how much all the conductors on the railroad completely adored him.

May be a black-and-white image of 2 people and text

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Bob Keeshan as “Captain Kangaroo” (also, at times, “Mr. Pennywhistle”, “Mr. Doodle”, “Wally”, and “The Town Clown”), reading ‘Treasure Island’, with, sneaking up from behind, Hugh “Lumpy” Brannum as “Mr. Green Jeans” (and also, at times, “The New Old Folk Singer”, “Percy”, “Uncle Backwards”, “Mr. McGregor”, and “Mr. Bainter the Painter”), on the iconic classic children’s television programme series on the CBS Network “Captain Kangaroo” (1955-1984), that had an incredible 29 years run. Episodes were then reformatted to play as re-runs on PBS until 1993.
When I was young and studied at the Art Students’ League in Midtown Manhattan in New York City in the 1970’s, I used to see Bob Keesham (AKA “Captain Kangaroo”) occasionally on The Harlem Line of the Metro North Railroad heading up into Westchester County. So recognizable with that haircut, you couldn’t miss him. He would always fall fast asleep right after boarding, after what I assume, was a strenuous day of filming in the television studios. Just before his station ‘Crestwood’, the stop just before ‘Scarsdale’, and the stop just after ‘Tuckahoe’, the conductors, who all knew him, would sprint to where he was sitting and wake him up. What I remember so distinctly is how much all the conductors on the railroad completely adored him.

May be a black-and-white image of 2 people and text
Lmao, that guy had the same haircut for 40 years

VU Sponsors