Become a Patron!

The Good Old Times

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Food for thought: picture an older person skipping. Somebody is going to call the police to have them make sure you are OK. Most people will avoid you, thinking you are a lunatic. Clown clothes and makeup will make you seem more normal, and make them wonder where the party is.

Anything can catch on and become popular in a very short time, especially a fitness idea.

I believe we are coming to the end of the era when we trust authority more than we trust our own instincts. If you don't want to skip, don't do it. If you want to skip, then who cares what anybody thinks. You can't be arrested for skipping, to my knowledge.

Actually when I skipped across that parking lot, it wasn't that easy. It will take some practice to do it the way kids do it, innately experiencing that physical strength, bouncing higher and higher.

Our power will never be found in fear.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'Young moms today will never know the struggles of cloth diapers, safety pins and rubber pants....'

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Who remembers this doll, "Talking Tina". my sister had one one of these then "The Twlight Zone" had an episode where they used it and after that she put it in the garage

May be a black-and-white image of 1 person and child

My brother and I always usedta tell her Tina is after you

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone remember when inside bottle caps were made out of cork

May be an image of text that says 'NOW YOU GOTTA THINK WAY BACK. REMEMBER SCRATCHING TH CORK OUT OF THE BOTTLE CA.'

I can remember they used to have contests and you would scratch the cork out to see if you won anything, usually another soda.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Also do you remember when all beverage cans needed a can opener.?

When I was a kid every school field trip that we had to take a lunch we all (kids in my family) got a can of soda in our lunch bag and back then all soda cans required a can opener to be able to get at the soda so we all had to be responsible for a can opener also.

Last edited:

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Remember when you had to do this?
View attachment 202234
It reminds me of when banks had 4.5% interest on savings accounts...i believe that was due to the inflation 80's, correct u old crumblebums (lol)? i remember as a kid being open to open a savings account to collect interest and in 20 years u have more money, not 20 years of bank fees and costs taken out of it.

So lets see if that happens again, or if they are going to just keep ripping off customers despite all the interest rates adjustments

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Really builds faith in the whole banking system for a young man
About the same as when I saved up money from summer jobs. I finally get a check book. Adoptive asshole brother steals checks, forges them and cashes them. Police investigators prove he did it. Prosecutor won't pursue case. Bank said I owed them over $600.00. I told them to go suck rocks.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I remember when people didn't dip their gloppy, cheesy, greasy pizza into ranch dressing before eating it. I don't know when that started, but to me it's disgusting excess, and dulls down the flavor of everything else on the pizza.

I do like dipping french fries in the vanilla shake though. Sweet & salty.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can remember when this was how we cut grass, cut many a yard with one of these REEL MOWERS
I want one of those. Sometimes I think about asking my landlady for the yard job, for money off my rent. We don't have that much lawn because there's a lot of good landscaping. Some days it feels like it would be worth it to me to show people how its done with one of those reel mowers, without noise, without fumes. But I know on the really cold or really hot days, or super busy days with my real job, I might resent having to do it, or having to do it while the leafblower people up and down the street are there blowing it up my nose.

Have you ever seen anything as adorable as this?

And somewhere on YouTube, which I can't find at this moment, is a vid of the yard guy doing a huge lawn on the grounds of a mansion with a reel mower.

Last edited:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I want one of those. Sometimes I think about asking my landlady for the yard job, for money off my rent. We don't have that much lawn because there's a lot of good landscaping. Some days it feels like it would be worth it to me to show people how its done with one of those reel mowers, without noise, without fumes. But I know on the really cold or really hot days, or super busy days with my real job, I might resent having to do it, or having to do it while the leafblower people up and down the street are there blowing it up my nose.

Have you ever seen anything as adorable as this?

And somewhere on YouTube, which I can't find at this moment, is a vid of the yard guy doing a huge lawn on the grounds of a mansion with a reel mower.
I still remember mowing the lawn of my godparents when I was little with one of those old reel mowers. That lawn was small compared to the lawn I have now, so there's no way I could do it with one now. However, the ego mower I got does a good job nice and quiet without the fumes. That mower is outlasting any gas mower we had without having to go in for repairs. I even got an ego trimmer as well.

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I can swear i remember them in the side door handle? ash trays that is. that was when i was really young tho

VU Sponsors