Become a Patron!

The official VAPE MAIL!!!!!!! thread #2

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok. I will do that. Thank you! I have some P26a batteries that haven't been opened yet, and there are a couple Samsung 20Ss around here somewhere..

I’ll make you a few pair of coils for the Goon 1.5 and mail them.

Since you mentioned you have 20s batteries I’ll build a set that is all broclouds

And some mild in comparison to be used.

From OMG .10 to .17

Yes I did say .10

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with @~Don~

.3 will be wimpy for sure. For dual coils anyway. A single is different, demonstrating that wire mass plays a large role too.

I'm usually .1-.18 or so with single 18650 mechs and a dual coil build. You'll be alright with VTC5As or P26As (VTC5As hit a bit harder). Unless maybe if you sit there and just hold the button in indefinitely.

Even more so with 20S which is the hardest hitting 18560 with the highest cdr, but at the cost of a chunk of capacity.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well you can go lower than you were for sure... and .16 is 26a...

But it’s all depending on the wattage you normally like to vape at.

That should end up 110w deprecated...

Cause you’re truly not getting 4.2v but more along the lines of 3.7 and lower as you use the mech. (Applied voltage due to sag/loss)

Which is 85w depreciating as you use

I appreciate your help, but I have a confession to make. I am an electricity idiot.

My husband has tried to explain to me all kinds of things about how electricity works, how amps/volts/watts are different, how things are calculated, how they relate to each other, until it got to the point that he was so frustrated with me, he refused to even discuss it any more. That was 40 years ago, but I doubt it would be any better now.

There are a few standard rules related to vaping that I have managed to get through my head, and that is part of the reason I have kept my vaping to a middle-of-the-road kind of place. I figure if I don't let resistance drop below about 0.25, I'll be ok with any of my batteries in any of the devices I have. I really try not to buy shitty batteries. But it's also why I ask questions when I get into areas like this, where I'm out of my comfort zone.

Maybe if I keep reading explanations like the one you've given above, and you all will be patient, I will get smarter about it. I actually do understand most of it, but you lost me entirely with the word "deprecated." Google tells me it means sort of the same thing as "depreciated," so now I understand that.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I appreciate your help, but I have a confession to make. I am an electricity idiot.

My husband has tried to explain to me all kinds of things about how electricity works, how amps/volts/watts are different, how things are calculated, how they relate to each other, until it got to the point that he was so frustrated with me, he refused to even discuss it any more. That was 40 years ago, but I doubt it would be any better now.

There are a few standard rules related to vaping that I have managed to get through my head, and that is part of the reason I have kept my vaping to a middle-of-the-road kind of place. I figure if I don't let resistance drop below about 0.25, I'll be ok with any of my batteries in any of the devices I have. I really try not to buy shitty batteries. But it's also why I ask questions when I get into areas like this, where I'm out of my comfort zone.

Maybe if I keep reading explanations like the one you've given above, and you all will be patient, I will get smarter about it. I actually do understand most of it, but you lost me entirely with the word "deprecated." Google tells me it means sort of the same thing as "depreciated," so now I understand that.

In the end when it comes to mechs... vape it the wattage you would a regulated mod.

You and anyone by all means do not need to follow what and how I or anyone else Vapes... it’s your way.

We will be here to help with any explanation you may need to feel 100% safe with mechanicals.

You feel you need to be below CDR, then so be it... I vape well above it, but that is me and my comfort level.

Bob may like .06 on 30Ts, Joe may like .17... it’s what you like and that is all that matters.

Mooch does have some wonderful videos on Mechs and battery safety... Watching his videos can help with gaining the knowledge to feel more comfortable with Mechanicals.

Only a PM away when you want to have a conversation in depth about battery safety and mech safety.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
In the end when it comes to mechs... vape it the wattage you would a regulated mod.

You and anyone by all means do not need to follow what and how I or anyone else Vapes... it’s your way.

We will be here to help with any explanation you may need to feel 100% safe with mechanicals.

You feel you need to be below CDR, then so be it... I vape well above it, but that is me and my comfort level.

Bob may like .06 on 30Ts, Joe may like .17... it’s what you like and that is all that matters.

Mooch does have some wonderful videos on Mechs and battery safety... Watching his videos can help with gaining the knowledge to feel more comfortable with Mechanicals.

Only a PM away when you want to have a conversation in depth about battery safety and mech safety.

Much appreciated. Thank you. You must be a teacher at heart. :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Foreman in the union for decades... Un-Training and retraining apprentices when they would sign up

Thought about going into the Apprenticeship program as an instructor a few years back... but the whole I want to see the world burn attitude

Got it. Frankly....I have that attitude myself sometimes, although it's more I want to see an individual person burn, and people find me difficult to work with and for. With me, though, it REALLY makes a difference as to who it is and how I've perceived the person.

I've worked in logic-based tasks for so long that it's affected the way I give verbal instructions. People get that faraway look in their eyes and I know I've lost them. I bet you understand that, too.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got it. Frankly....I have that attitude myself sometimes, although it's more I want to see an individual person burn, and people find me difficult to work with and for. With me, though, it REALLY makes a difference as to who it is and how I've perceived the person.

I've worked in logic-based tasks for so long that it's affected the way I give verbal instructions. People get that faraway look in their eyes and I know I've lost them. I bet you understand that, too.

Yeah, you're much more polite than I was ever in the field.

My favorite saying to apprentices was, "Go into the corner and think about the dumb shit you did"

But yeah.. that look.. accompanied with the excessive head bobbing like they understand.

ME: Ok you got that right?

Them: Head bobbing, yup, got it

ME: What was the 3rd thing I explained that is the most important?

Them: Looking at me and the awkward pause

Me: Mother F! I thought you were the smart one! Where is the broom, we have another one!

Them: Broom?

ME: well it was basic monkey shit I explained... heres a broom

Them: WTF am I gonna do with a broom

ME: yup not the smart one

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah, you're much more polite than I was ever in the field.

My favorite saying to apprentices was, "Go into the corner and think about the dumb shit you did"

But yeah.. that look.. accompanied with the excessive head bobbing like they understand.

ME: Ok you got that right?

Them: Head bobbing, yup, got it

ME: What was the 3rd thing I explained that is the most important?

Them: Looking at me and the awkward pause

Me: Mother F! I thought you were the smart one! Where is the broom, we have another one!

Them: Broom?

ME: well it was basic monkey shit I explained... heres a broom

Them: WTF am I gonna do with a broom

ME: yup not the smart one

I had a woman working for me one time who would let out a great big, audible sigh every time I asked her to do anything. I put up with it for a few weeks, but you know it was getting under my skin worse every time she did it. Finally one day I said, come in here and shut the door.

Deer in the headlights look, she pointed at herself, "Me?" YEAH, YOU.

She came in and shut the door and I said, Have a seat and get comfortable cause you might be here a while.

She's like what's wrong?

I said, while you and I are in this room, you can say absolutely anything you want to me, explain to me what your damn problem is with me, but we are not opening that door and leaving this room until we have an understanding.

She didn't say anything. Not a word.

I said what is your problem?

She said, I don't have a problem.

Are you sure?

Yes.

Last chance. Are you really sure?

Yes ma'am.

No more problem after that. I think I must have had a lunatic look on my face that scared the attitude right out of her.

Sometimes people push your buttons on purpose because they think they can. Once you do just about ANYTHING to let them know you won't put up with it, they scurry into their hidey holes and grow some damn manners.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
49f7224b3440982d2a77f0bdb313f603.jpg
11a04c4439d8827c3c4d561af5a1f044.jpg
bb7a10d5152bab4f71fab6512d0558e9.jpg
9e303c4953b240ad3296cd29f2d064d0.jpg
6e44aaa202db8fd6af740896c095b127.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had a woman working for me one time who would let out a great big, audible sigh every time I asked her to do anything. I put up with it for a few weeks, but you know it was getting under my skin worse every time she did it. Finally one day I said, come in here and shut the door.

Deer in the headlights look, she pointed at herself, "Me?" YEAH, YOU.

She came in and shut the door and I said, Have a seat and get comfortable cause you might be here a while.

She's like what's wrong?

I said, while you and I are in this room, you can say absolutely anything you want to me, explain to me what your damn problem is with me, but we are not opening that door and leaving this room until we have an understanding.

She didn't say anything. Not a word.

I said what is your problem?

She said, I don't have a problem.

Are you sure?

Yes.

Last chance. Are you really sure?

Yes ma'am.

No more problem after that. I think I must have had a lunatic look on my face that scared the attitude right out of her.

Sometimes people push your buttons on purpose because they think they can. Once you do just about ANYTHING to let them know you won't put up with it, they scurry into their hidey holes and grow some damn manners.
In the HVAC union, pay days are great, but when the foreman walks out with a white envelope it generally means your final check and you are being sent back to the hall.

I had one insubordinate guy... really had a piss poor attitude... 3rd year apprentice... which mind you, here in California that is nearly 30 an hr plus fringe... so defiant.

So Friday rolled around... we were at our lunch, I had 3 envelopes with me...

All were to be given to a few apprentices that were considered dead weight and not performing.

I handed them out, and told them..." I could of gave you these at 2:30pm rather than noon... but go ahead and go, grab your shit."

Moping around, they were like, "Uggh its Thanksgiving almost, suck part of the year to be laid off back to the hall... and they're at the end of the line waiting"

They packed their shit, left... 200+yard walk carrying their personal gear...

I get a call from each of them about 20 mins after they left...

HEY! the Envelope didnt have my check! wtf man! (its always 100% direct deposited into your Union bank account)

I responded... did you read the paper?

"This is your only warning, you don't pick up the pace and have a better attitude, this envelope will be real and you can explain to your family the accurate reason you were laid off"

See you Monday!

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The Goons are big air, high power and great flavor though. IMHO, the best is still the OG with the 3 air holes.

EDIT: I guess what I'm saying is that if somebody doesn't like open airy RDAs, the Goons will not be for you :)
With the 1.5 using the single coil option does give you the opportunity to close it down further compared to using the dual coil option, though. That's just because the dual coil option if you try to close it down beyond a certain amount it starts opening up the opposite end on one side as a result from it also offering a single coil option. Another thing is there exist several different caps that can fit on both the 1.5 and the OG. I have the bullet tip that came with my Gani V2 mod I have, there's the custom ones in copper and in brass by The Vape Machinist that I have because they match my two SBTR mods by R6two, I have a Trinity Glass Tanks competition cap, two Cipher ultem caps, and the 528 Customs anodized aluminum cap 1.5 in red and in blue. So what I'm saying is that here's how the sleeve of my black OG looks like on my gold 1.5. :D

Goon 2.0.jpg

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just testing for size.....................

Well, that's better. Guess I will resize from now on. Save everyone's eyes

Got a new goodie today. Been awhile since I had some vape mail :) This little dual coil wasp RDA. Love how it looks but I need to play around with coil placement so it won't whistle. My single coil wasp always whistled too. But it was so cute. I want to put the squonk pin in it and put her on the VA Spade I got from @wildgypsy70 not too long ago.

IMG_20201027_194259254.png

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Just testing for size.....................

Well, that's better. Guess I will resize from now on. Save everyone's eyes

Got a new goodie today. Been awhile since I had some vape mail :) This little dual coil wasp RDA. Love how it looks but I need to play around with coil placement so it won't whistle. My single coil wasp always whistled too. But it was so cute. I want to put the squonk pin in it and put her on the VA Spade I got from @wildgypsy70 not too long ago.

View attachment 172136

Beautiful color match, that looks great. I got a white Pico S. Thing is built like a tank. Feels super sturdy.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Received my first squonk mod courtesy of @inganeer today! Perfect condition with an extra bottle kit! This ought to be fun! :D
Thank you my friend!

View attachment 172178
I ALMOST bought that.

I got a black one recently and it turned out to be 100 times better than I anticipated. The only possible con for the ladies might be if you like small mods. It's not huge, but as you can see, it's not very compact either.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I ALMOST bought that.

I got a black one recently and it turned out to be 100 times better than I anticipated. The only possible con for the ladies might be if you like small mods. It's not huge, but as you can see, it's not very compact either.
For me it's in the middle and seems okay. But that's before adding a 21700, juice and a RDA. If I'm uncomfortable using it I'll let you know. ;)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well got a few things in today... haven’t had time to mess with any except the Aromamizer...

biggest disappointment is the SteamCrave Aromamizer-Shit plus V2 shit (I’d be ok if it wasn’t for the JFC)

Right out of the box, there is a gap on the air jfc ring that is typical steam crave from 4 years ago.

It’s .74mm off of flat (height around) and shows a nice large silver line on an a black RTA

Reached out to steam crave... hopefully hear from them. Getting tired of having to do charge backs

6c48d404d39a605cef6da0927b41883b.jpg

d394789c26351c275a6b44447c07ccc6.jpg

And yes I measured it with my calipers, that juice flow ring goes from 4.27 to 5mm

Great googlie mooglie

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Just got early-morning vape mail, was in the mailbox since yesterday and I didn't realize. My winnings (flavorings) from DIY Flavor Shack, 30ml each of Maple, Gooey Butter Cake, Caramel Nut Cheesecake, and Birthday Cake. Nothing sweet there, no ma'am!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well got a few things in today... haven’t had time to mess with any except the Aromamizer...

biggest disappointment is the SteamCrave Aromamizer-Shit plus V2 shit (I’d be ok if it wasn’t for the JFC)

Right out of the box, there is a gap on the air jfc ring that is typical steam crave from 4 years ago.

It’s .74mm off of flat (height around) and shows a nice large silver line on an a black RTA

Reached out to steam crave... hopefully hear from them. Getting tired of having to do charge backs

6c48d404d39a605cef6da0927b41883b.jpg

d394789c26351c275a6b44447c07ccc6.jpg

And yes I measured it with my calipers, that juice flow ring goes from 4.27 to 5mm

Great googlie mooglie
You can flip the jfc ring for mesh and single coil mode. @debinnv and @Heartsdelight are on the steam crave tea and can probably help you out. Shouldnt have that gap. I've seen a reviewer had issues with the bottom section gap and just didn't seat the deck correctly in the base.

Sent from a pile of wood chips

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You can flip the jfc ring for mesh and single coil mode. @debinnv and @Heartsdelight are on the steam crave tea and can probably help you out. Shouldnt have that gap. I've seen a reviewer had issues with the bottom section gap and just didn't seat the deck correctly in the base.

It’s the JFC ring... the height of it should be 5mm all the around...

It’s not.

Starts at 4.27mm and goes to 5mm

The gap measured just a smidge above 5mm without it.

They’re sending me one from China... slow boat, so I should see it in about a month or so.

Works fine, looks like ass.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can use it in non squonk mode too if it came with the secondary squonk cover. Pretty awesome

That's true. The Lite is the only Topside I own. Have never really been drawn to the Topsides. This model is really good though. No complaints at all. I bought it to squonk with and it does that great with no leaking. With my big hands, even with the squonk assembly it's great in the hand for thumb firing.

Initially I was put off by the plasticky feel, but I don't mind it now. It does make it light :)

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's true. The Lite is the only Topside I own. Have never really been drawn to the Topsides. This model is really good though. No complaints at all. I bought it to squonk with and it does that great with no leaking. With my big hands, even with the squonk assembly it's great in the hand for thumb firing.

Initially I was put off by the plasticky feel, but I don't mind it now. It does make it light :)
Yea they're nice mods for sure. And at least half the weight of the og. And NO leaking was the best part for me. Always expected some but never did. Can't remember who I sold mine to. It was red.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It’s the JFC ring... the height of it should be 5mm all the around...

It’s not.

Starts at 4.27mm and goes to 5mm

The gap measured just a smidge above 5mm without it.

They’re sending me one from China... slow boat, so I should see it in about a month or so.

Works fine, looks like ass.
Well shit that sucks cuz when you buy from the site it ships from NY. Both times I ordered from them. NY. Damn that sucks. Wonder if that ring was made wrong or for possibly the v1. Hell who knows. That's crazy of the size difference

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

Yea they're nice mods for sure. And at least half the weight of the og. And NO leaking was the best part for me. Always expected some but never did. Can't remember who I sold mine to. It was red.

Thanks guys! Uh, Catman. I bought a red and he said he bought it from someone here. ? LOL

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Yes @MrMeowgi is absolutely correct you can flip the airflow ring for mesh & single coil mode.

The gap you have is usually because the deck isn’t seated properly. There are notches on the deck that fit into the cutouts on the tank. Try taking the deck out & reseating it. Everything should then fit together with no gap.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well shit that sucks cuz when you buy from the site it ships from NY. Both times I ordered from them. NY. Damn that sucks. Wonder if that ring was made wrong or for possibly the v1. Hell who knows. That's crazy of the size difference

Oops sorry Don, manufacturing defect for sure then.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think it was @debinnv

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk
LOL and I bought it from @MrMeowgi. This mod has been traveling, not unlike a lot of gear here on the forum. Hell, that's half the fun.

and yep, I could tell @~Don~ had a wonky AFC ring soon as I saw the pic. Amy took care of him. Does suck that he has to wait for it to get to him from China as I don't believe they stock parts in NY. Sorry Don :( But, it's a great tank and Steam Crave has better CS than a lot of other companies. So I guess there's that. Still sucks though.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
LOL and I bought it from @MrMeowgi. This mod has been traveling, not unlike a lot of gear here on the forum. Hell, that's half the fun.

and yep, I could tell @~Don~ had a wonky AFC ring soon as I saw the pic. Amy took care of him. Does suck that he has to wait for it to get to him from China as I don't believe they stock parts in NY. Sorry Don :( But, it's a great tank and Steam Crave has better CS than a lot of other companies. So I guess there's that. Still sucks though.

I am ok with how they responded and are sending me another... their CS is much better than it was 4 years ago when this exact thing happened to me before... yup I had a weird JFC on one of my Supremes in 2016 lol, they basically told me to pound sand then...

I asked Dev, just to take myself from 99.99% sure it was goobered to 100% sure...

She (Amy) was asking me for videos and pictures, and was thinking the tolerances were off... I assured her it was the ring, since I measured it on and off, including the gap when the ring was off.

Its 100% functional in its current state and vaping great...just looks like ass til the replacement part comes in, so no hand checks lol

I do appreciate everyone and their feedback and or wanting to solve the issue, made me smile and also giggle a little; Smile for the generosity and unselfish deed of wanting to problem solve.... Giggle cause... ;)

Be rad everyone, Be safe... wear a ?

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Yeah, it was the first thing I noticed when I took it out of the packaging... rotated it and saw the gap... just figured it was same ole SC.

Then I cleaned the tank, cause well its from China and 99% of their stuff has that weird machining scent to it.

Put it back together and gap was still there... took it apart again and started measuring pieces with my calipers and noticed that ring was off my nearly 1mm and that is when I messaged Dev to verify it wasnt a deliberate transition... and she kindly referred me to contact SC about it (Which I already did, was just nice to have the validation it wasnt normal)

And problem solved... went from Aromamizer Plus V2-Shit to Aromamizer Plus V2-resolved ;)

Imagine if that was a review sample given to someone, they would of had a field day.

Anyhoo, vapes fine... juice guzzler as expected... already rewicked and moved the coils to about 1mm from the chamber walls and its a treat... minus the eye sore... ok ok that was the last dig I swear... :sarcasm:

That butt ugly red swirl drip tip though... and I don't have any black spare worth shit DTs left that arent already on a Asgard lol...

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, it was the first thing I noticed when I took it out of the packaging... rotated it and saw the gap... just figured it was same ole SC.

Then I cleaned the tank, cause well its from China and 99% of their stuff has that weird machining scent to it.

Put it back together and gap was still there... took it apart again and started measuring pieces with my calipers and noticed that ring was off my nearly 1mm and that is when I messaged Dev to verify it wasnt a deliberate transition... and she kindly referred me to contact SC about it (Which I already did, was just nice to have the validation it wasnt normal)

And problem solved... went from Aromamizer Plus V2-Shit to Aromamizer Plus V2-resolved ;)

Imagine if that was a review sample given to someone, they would of had a field day.

Anyhoo, vapes fine... juice guzzler as expected... already rewicked and moved the coils to about 1mm from the chamber walls and its a treat... minus the eye sore... ok ok that was the last dig I swear... :sarcasm:

That butt ugly red swirl drip tip though... and I don't have any black spare worth shit DTs left that arent already on a Asgard lol...
Glad its resolved :cheers:

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Oh hell, I have a shit ton of black drip tips. I will take a pic of them all later and you can pick some if you think they will work for you and I will toss them in the mail for you on Monday.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh hell, I have a shit ton of black drip tips. I will take a pic of them all later and you can pick some if you think they will work for you and I will toss them in the mail for you on Monday.

You’re awesome

I have other black ones... they’re just the shorter ones from the Asgard packages.

All my goons are naked of drip tips since those are my absolute favorites.

VU Sponsors