Become a Patron!

The official VAPE MAIL!!!!!!! thread #2

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah it was crunchy all the time...
Being a couple years in now I'd like to think I've gained some useful knowledge and experience in that time, I still always hate to disagree with people who nonetheless have far more of both than I do. Even when they're probably younger than my sons :D (Judging from pix in the mugshot thread)

I have been playing with both my crickets for the last half hour and I am not having this excessive crunchiness issue with either switch. Especially the Fat Daddy switch. Not yet anyway. Firm press on the button to put the contact flat on the battery and no sticking at all. If I press on the edge I do get a bit with the stock switch and maybe just a twinge with the Fat Daddy switch. Just being honest here.
Eh if I find my Goon 22... I'll probably slap it on my Pico Squeeze instead.
Clearly you have more exciting stuff coming in, but ya gotta give er a whirl for old time's sake. :rolleyes:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Being a couple years in now I'd like to think I've gained some useful knowledge and experience in that time, I still always hate to disagree with people who nonetheless have far more of both than I do. Even when they're probably younger than my sons :D (Judging from pix in the mugshot thread)

I have been playing with both my crickets for the last half hour and I am not having this excessive crunchiness issue with either switch. Especially the Fat Daddy switch. Not yet anyway. Firm press on the button to put the contact flat on the battery and no sticking at all. If I press on the edge I do get a bit with the stock switch and maybe just a twinge with the Fat Daddy switch. Just being honest here.

Clearly you have more exciting stuff coming in, but ya gotta give er a whirl for old time's sake. :rolleyes:

I’ll be 47 on the 19th

I bought one to give it a whirl again, it was less than $6... if I find it poopy as I remember, I’ll give it away to someone who’d enjoy it.

Enjoyment for me with mods is the totality of the sum of its parts; can be a $12 Pico squeeze or a $300+ regulated and or $250 tube mod... well built will be well enjoyed, regardless of price imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think it took a lot of heat because pure series BOX STYLE mods weren't really a thing. Not to mention there was no protection should someone install the batteries improperly.

Most series box style mods used a mosfet or a fuse at that time. The NC was one of those that kind of came out of nowhere. Granted, you could get a stacked tube easily. Boxes? Of that form factor? With a direct contact 510? Not heard of.

Now I'm sure they were marketed, just not like the NC was. And maybe that scared people. Dangerous? Sure. Anymore dangerous than the next thing though? Doubtful. Take care of your batteries and check the orientation before threading anything back together and you were usually going to be fine.
If you had handed me a mod and atomizer before like December of 2017, i wouldn't even have known what it was. I have to relive vaping history through the wonders of cyberspace. I appreciate the perspective of someone who was there. Good post.

The funny thing about series setups is that for all the wailing about how dangerous they are (not from you obviously) installing the batteries wrong actually does nothing. You have an incomplete circuit and it just doesn't work. Parallel is always hailed as so much safer, but if you put the batteries in wrong, it's an instant hard short with fireworks to follow.

Of course everybody should always be careful with battery configuration no matter what, but you get my point.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’ll be 47
NO WAY!!
Dude, you look fabulous for your age. OR, you're extremely photogenic. Congrats. I would have never guessed that.

EDIT:
Of course I meant no disrespect, but looking at the pic at the ball game, I would never guessed you to be older than maybe mid 30's.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
NO WAY!!
Dude, you look fabulous for your age. OR, you're extremely photogenic. Congrats. I would have never guessed that.

EDIT:
Of course I meant no disrespect, but looking at the pic at the ball game, I would never guessed you to be older than maybe mid 30's.

Yeah, I wish I was in my mid 30s still... wife is older than I am too ;) Don't mention that I gave that tidbit of info out lol

casketweaver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you had handed me a mod and atomizer before like December of 2017, i wouldn't even have known what it was. I have to relive vaping history through the wonders of cyberspace. I appreciate the perspective of someone who was there. Good post.

The funny thing about series setups is that for all the wailing about how dangerous they are (not from you obviously) installing the batteries wrong actually does nothing. You have an incomplete circuit and it just doesn't work. Parallel is always hailed as so much safer, but if you put the batteries in wrong, it's an instant hard short with fireworks to follow.

Of course everybody should always be careful with battery configuration no matter what, but you get my point.
I absolutely get the point. Which is why I'm a big stickler on batteries in general. I've disposed of batteries for less than torn wraps (which is everyone's biggest thing). Chipped positive insulators, dented cans (smaller than a bp pen head), dented positives, marred positive / negative poles, etc. I just don't want to be that statistic that everyone talks about.

But I also say "if you don't know, ask first and if you can't get concrete evidence, don't try it..." Which may be a bad way to look at some things, but I want them to be safe too.

As for poles on batteries making contact (2 positive poles touching), it's not supposed to do anything, which is absolutely true, but I know from past experiences, if something can go wrong it likely will. And again, it's best to err on the side of caution with stuff like that.

As for my input on things, I was there, maybe my mind is fuzzy, but yeah I don't remember many boxes of the NC type being readily available on the market until it showed up. Stacked battery configurations were usually seen as "clouds bro, clouds" setups until builds started becoming more intricate and we stepped away from simple round wire or ribbon wire builds. I think when folks initially seen it, they immediately gave it a bad rep. Because it was designed by Jaybo, but made by wismec. It was also affordable for everyone. Which probably pissed off the stacked tube guys because those mechanicals were rather expensive (and sometimes cobbled together).

Then again, drama tends to flood many tech based forums quite frequently. It's like the Intel vs AMD game... Or Nvidia vs AMD... Doesn't matter what you use as long as it performs up to your expectations and so long as you know that everything has a limitation, no matter how much you dabble with it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's like the Intel vs AMD game... Or Nvidia vs AMD...
That I was in the middle of. At least for awhile. How well I remember the late 90s/early 2000s when the Athlons, especially when they went from slot to socket, shocked everybody by dethroning chipzilla for a few years there. Or when 3Dfx and their Voodoo cards were the thing (though Nividia was on the rise) and then went bankrupt overnight leaving Nivida and their Geforce cards to stomp all over ATI, (and their very bad drivers at the time) until the Radeon 9700 Pro, which made my hair stand on end when I got one. 180 fps on the Q3A bench at max settings :D Those were the days LOL!

casketweaver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That I was in the middle of. At least for awhile. How well I remember the late 90s/early 2000s when the Athlons, especially when they went from slot to socket, shocked everybody by dethroning chipzilla for a few years there. Or when 3Dfx and their Voodoo cards were the thing (though Nividia was on the rise) and then went bankrupt overnight leaving Nivida and their Geforce cards to stomp all over ATI, (and their very bad drivers at the time) until the Radeon 9700 Pro, which made my hair stand on end when I got one. 180 fps on the Q3A bench at max settings :D Those were the days LOL!
Yeah we still have that war raging on right now. We have hardcore AMD fans and we have hardcore Intel / Nvidia fans. Again, work with what you can, and stick with it.

If it works, it works.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow, order from FT placed in mid December showed up today. I hadn't heard a word since January, and totally understand. Honestly, I just wrote the order off, so glad I even got it at all. Mother :cuss2::cuss2::cuss2::cuss2:, that was a lot of gloved opening, soaping, washing, and sanitizing :cuss2::rolleyes: Can't wait to set up the Mtl RDA's for BF and give em a go :cool:
15885415901711112213933.jpg

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Wow, order from FT placed in mid December showed up today. I hadn't heard a word since January, and totally understand. Honestly, I just wrote the order off, so glad I even got it at all. Mother :cuss2::cuss2::cuss2::cuss2:, that was a lot of gloved opening, soaping, washing, and sanitizing :cuss2::rolleyes: Can't wait to set up the Mtl RDA's for BF and give em a go :cool:
View attachment 160072
That was a score!

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
View attachment 160072
Holy Drip Tip Batman!

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I can't stand going back and trying to find what page and spot outta 600 I was at. So once I start I don't stop till the last page, huckin em in the cart as I go :D

I think I might go through and have a drip-tip frenzy shopping session soon. I'm waiting three weeks for the ones I order from Rhonda, might as well wait on China, too.

I used to get really great ones from AliExpress. Dammit, again.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think I might go through and have a drip-tip frenzy shopping session soon. I'm waiting three weeks for the ones I order from Rhonda, might as well wait on China, too.

I used to get really great ones from AliExpress. Dammit, again.
I've went on a FT frenzy a few time. Definitely get some that go straight to the trash, but when they average about a buck a piece, as long as I get a few I really like (have both times, more than a few actually), I'm good with that.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Fasttech order from a couple of months ago showed up. I mainly got expansion glasses and some cotton that was on sale.
5mne536r.jpg

I refill my Nunchaku's often so the bubble glasses are a welcome site. The Intake ones are for the Cerberus + V8 Baby RBA. I haven't tried it yet. The Ijoy Captain is dual coil and only holds like 3ml or something. I've never broke an Elite glass but they're nice to have on hand.
Forgot- also pictured are random hex head grub screws and an orange Vaporesso Cascade glass.

I got into pre measured cotton a while back. These were only like three bucks. I should've got a lot more.
oCWpS44r.jpg

I got 5 for Big Baby Beast tanks, generic FT glass. Last time they sent me the taller RBA version ones.
QyaWmhyr.jpg

No idea what made me think SS Chain Link is something I want to use :confused:.
C2CeNuBr.jpg

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Those Voodoo graphics cards were bad ass! Even in the early 2000’s when I had one.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
View attachment 160072

Drip tip much? :teehee: So that’s where all the drip tips in China ended up, at your house!!

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got into pre measured cotton a while back. These were only like three bucks. I should've got a lot more.
oCWpS44r.jpg
It is good cotton. I got a couple of those cool little bins last year sometime, but I don't remember where from now. They were on sale then too.

They're great because they're shorter than cotn threads and are perfect when shorter ones will do. Most of the other ones are too long most of the time.

I just ordered a bag of Puffs pads from Amazon too. Prices of everything are inching up. Still love my plain ol pads.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Mail yay. Kp wire from their 30% sale(i stacked another 10% off to get 40% off). And a recurve i got from mr meowgi.
Screenshot_20200504-151449_Gallery.jpg
I also got a tm rda with comp cap(not shown).

Last edited:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It is good cotton. I got a couple of those cool little bins last year sometime, but I don't remember where from now. They were on sale then too.

They're great because they're shorter than cotn threads and are perfect when shorter ones will do. Most of the other ones are too long most of the time.

I just ordered a bag of Puffs pads from Amazon too. Prices of everything are inching up. Still love my plain ol pads.
I just ordered this.
Screenshot_20200427-194001.png
From Amazon. Will be my first try with "non vape" cotton. Was recommended by quite a few. I quickly learned an amazon search of simply cotton pads was nowhere a vaper or man belongs :eek::D:D

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
While y'all are talking about cotton: Walgreens sent me, unsolicited, a box of cotton balls. They're just hanging out in my house.

Can I use them for wicking?

Also, I was just handed a lap full of vape mail! :vapemail:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So the USPS delivery lady came... I walk out and she notices me and says...

"There is a package for you in the box, but its not the one you're waiting for, I have to go back and get that one"

ME: You don't say?

Check tracking, says it will be here by 4pm now LOL and that it was picked up by the carrier at 12:51pm... 15mins after I saw her haha

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks, I will. Assuming it is like a normal vape cotton square outer layer?

Sweet! Dual purpose. Dog currently has an ear infection ;):D

Well they work in a pinch, just has a bit of break in... more than I liked. But after a few ml it’s as any other cotton.

But I do use it for my dogs, perfect size to dab some cleaner on and clean the outside of their ears with and cheap

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just ordered this.
View attachment 160165
From Amazon. Will be my first try with "non vape" cotton. Was recommended by quite a few. I quickly learned an amazon search of simply cotton pads was nowhere a vaper or man belongs :eek::D:D
If I had no other wicking material for the rest of my life, I'd be fine. However, I'm really loving this trick of french rolling a rayon core into the pads. That is working out rather famously. You get the speed of the rayon and volume retention of the cotton.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well they work in a pinch, just has a bit of break in... more than I liked. But after a few ml it’s as any other cotton.

But I do use it for my dogs, perfect size to dab some cleaner on and clean the outside of their ears with and cheap
Being a cheapskate, I'm in love with the10 bucks for a few years worth thing :D

It might take a bit longer to break in, but I haven't used a material yet that had NO break in time.

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some billet box panels and condensation plug. Some needed wire and these aspire gusto pod kits. For dirt cheap. And 3 boxes of refills that have 15 pods in each. So 45 pods and 4 pod kits for around 20 shipped
8c8e21c78b133def6e7c194d9582254f.jpg
9e99b3c3941cc8a94caeaf5b6e698d04.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Being a cheapskate, I'm in love the10 bucks for a few years worth thing :D

It might take a bit longer to break in, but I haven't used a material yet that had NO break in time.

I agree, it’s a damn good bargain, but even as you said, some take longer for break in, unfortunately this is for me.

I have 20 pads I keep when I buy it for my dogs as emergency stash... sealed in a zip lock

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just ordered this.
View attachment 160165
I got the same thing a couple of years ago and there's A LOT left. I keep buying different cotton for whatever reason, just to try I suppose. My favorite has always been CBV2. Thick fluffy cotton but isn't as easily measurable as pads.

I got a couple jars of pre measured laces from Heaven Gifts a while back. That's why I got the Doctor Coil ones. I like using for convenience sometimes. These are the ones I got-
A6PsvsNr.jpg

qnI6322r.jpg

I also got about 4 boxes of the Wotofo 30 pack (?) laces I haven't even opened yet.

Last edited:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If I had no other wicking material for the rest of my life, I'd be fine. However, I'm really loving this trick of french rolling a rayon core into the pads. That is working out rather famously. You get the speed of the rayon and volume retention of the cotton.
Yup, always known it at the Scottish roll for some reason :confused: But I do that as well.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got the same thing a couple of years ago and there's A LOT left. I keep buying different cotton for whatever reason, just to try I suppose. My favorite has always been CBV2. Thick fluffy cotton but isn't as easily measurable as pads.

I got a couple jars of pre measured laces from Heaven Gifts a while back. That's why I got the Doctor Coil ones. I like using for convenience sometimes. These are the ones I got-
A6PsvsNr.jpg

qnI6322r.jpg

I also got about 4 boxes of the Wotofo 30 pack (?) laces I haven't even opened yet.
I use CBV2, prime, and CB for many things as well. I use a lot of very small deck area mtl gear, and I just find "fluffy" to be a pain. Gotta comb most of it out to make it work anyway, so that's why I have always used the plain squares so much. Hoping these are equal to those, then I'll be good. For RDA's and squonking CBV2 is my favorite as well, although Idk that I could really say why :rolleyes:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well my Viking Grip arrived...

Not even going to build it... the coatings don't match and the amount of overspray into the threads is rather shitty. I can fix the over-spray... but I can't do shit for the coating differences

Emailed them about it... see if they tell me to get pumped and I do a no questions asked charge back and let my CC company deal with them, or they come correct

upload_2020-5-4_16-8-16.png

Semi Gloss and Matte? Unacceptable imo.

Back into the box it came in... await their response tomorrow.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hits like shit compared to the OG Grip

3.82v Asgard Mini on OG Grip
3.71 Asgard Mini on Viking Grip

Most likely due to all Silver vs Copper contacts and dirty ass fuck all threads

7w big deal right?

It’s a big deal to me, cause I already know I’ll build that RDA that came with it and that voltage will drop right down to 3.63v

And that is a 12w difference

Fucking potato mods lol

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
WOOHOO! I got some long awaited and not long awaited vapemail today. @Jlmancuso1134 responded to an ad I posted for a Revolver clone. It got here today in perfect condition and quickly. THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I also got a new Lost Vape Furyan (black & brass) that I've been waiting for from Australia. It is beautiful. I took off the outer plastic and opened it up. I then put it back in the box and I'll put it away.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Fasttech order from a couple of months ago showed up. I mainly got expansion glasses and some cotton that was on sale.
5mne536r.jpg

I refill my Nunchaku's often so the bubble glasses are a welcome site. The Intake ones are for the Cerberus + V8 Baby RBA. I haven't tried it yet. The Ijoy Captain is dual coil and only holds like 3ml or something. I've never broke an Elite glass but they're nice to have on hand.
Forgot- also pictured are random hex head grub screws and an orange Vaporesso Cascade glass.

oCWpS44r.jpg

I got 5 for Big Baby Beast tanks, generic FT glass. Last time they sent me the taller RBA version ones.
QyaWmhyr.jpg

No idea what made me think SS Chain Link is something I want to use :confused:.
C2CeNuBr.jpg
Hi. You checked to make sure the glasses are 100% right. I got some from them a while ago for a Scion Tank and all seemed right till I tried one on the tank and they would fall off under their own weight if I held the tank up before doing it up. They were too loose. Contacted Fasttech and they assured me they were correct and I had a fake tank. Rubbish, the glasses were fake. I purchased a few since from other places and they fit the tank nice and snugly. I believe I got some sus coils from them once for a Naboo tank too.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi. You checked to make sure the glasses are 100% right. I got some from them a while ago for a Scion Tank and all seemed right till I tried one on the tank and they would fall off under their own weight if I held the tank up before doing it up. They were too loose. Contacted Fasttech and they assured me they were correct and I had a fake tank. Rubbish, the glasses were fake. I purchased a few since from other places and they fit the tank nice and snugly. I believe I got some sus coils from them once for a Naboo tank too.
I had the same thing with FT with glass for the Ares tank. They also tried to tell me it was the tank. Funny think is, out of five of then, not only did none fit, none didn't fit the same :confused: Too short, too long, too small diameter...... yeah, it's the tank :rolleyes:

VU Sponsors