Become a Patron!

The official VAPE MAIL!!!!!!! thread #2

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, the screen shuts off really fast... and that being set to 15 isn’t 15 seconds... it’s still only like 5

No idea what the settings actually mean in total time, but it’s not seconds
I've been in the MANUAL and playing around with the menu system for about the last half hour.

I don't think there actually is a screen timeout. The only thing I see is the "switch off" setting which puts the mod to sleep. Unless I'm really missing something. Which of course could be the case.

All kidding aside, I will say this. I do understand entirely how a Dicodes device wouldn't be for everybody. Even if they were alot less expensive.

This is an insanely complex and configurable processor, especially to be controlled only by buttons on the mod and a very small screen. Somebody who just wants to plug n vape would hang themselves. Even just plain power mode is not necessarily dead easy to set up.

I did manage to get TC working with the .9 ohm 316L coil I have in the Kayfun though and it does seriously vape awesome.

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been in the MANUAL and playing around with the menu system for about the last half hour.

I don't think there actually is a screen timeout. The only thing I see is the "switch off" setting which puts the mod to sleep. Unless I'm really missing something. Which of course could be the case.

All kidding aside, I will say this. I do understand entirely how a Dicodes device wouldn't be for everybody. Even if they were alot less expensive.

This is an insanely complex and configurable processor, especially to be controlled only by buttons on the mod and a very small screen. Somebody who just wants to plug n vape would hang themselves. Even just plain power mode is not necessarily dead easy to set up.

I did manage to get TC working with the .9 ohm 316L coil I have in the Kayfun though and it does seriously vape awesome.
Yea I set up 316l and left it. Lol.

Sent from a pile of wood chips

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got my brand new Asmodus Luna squonker and Vice RDA in yesterday, some lovely kit!

P1040603.JPG

IDK why there wasn't a DT included with the atty, but not a biggie. Gotta research how to protect the wood mod, it's a bit dull and chalky feeling now but the wood chips in there are beeautiful. :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

I think perhaps because of the messing around with hardware that I've done for the past 30 years, my patience with complicated vape devices is NONEXISTENT. What you're talking about here is the way I felt about my first Yihi device. It was a Vesta, if I'm not mistaken, and it did me the most massive favor of dying completely about 2 months after I got it. Otherwise I'd have shot myself in the head by now.

I suppose this is also why I'm not excited about messing with Arctic Fox and Replay. I just want to set a damn device to watts or temp and vape. Don't want to have a second career fucking around with vape gear. :)

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think perhaps because of the messing around with hardware that I've done for the past 30 years, my patience with complicated vape devices is NONEXISTENT. What you're talking about here is the way I felt about my first Yihi device. It was a Vesta, if I'm not mistaken, and it did me the most massive favor of dying completely about 2 months after I got it. Otherwise I'd have shot myself in the head by now.

I suppose this is also why I'm not excited about messing with Arctic Fox and Replay. I just want to set a damn device to watts or temp and vape. Don't want to have a second career fucking around with vape gear. :)
The YIHI menu system is a breeze compared to Dicodes lol.

Replay is at least as easy to setup as power mode on most mods.

Arctic Fox is not difficult at all unless you really want to tinker, which you can, but don't have to. :D It'll work fine at the defaults. One of the greatest things about arctic fox is the up to 8 configurable profiles. They can be super basic or super tweaked or some of each as you see fit. Just set them up on the PC (which can be super basic or super twaeked or some of each), dump them on the mod and you just select on the mod whatever one is for the build you're present;y using.

Using this forum software is actually considerably more complicated than getting it installed. That's a serious non-exaggeration.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like I was telling Deb last night. You have to love geekery to enjoy a Dicodes device. The most serious learning curve of any device I've ever played with and I've played with a bunch by now. The payoff is that it's a fantastically accurate vape once you get it down.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Arctic Fox is not difficult at all unless you really want to tinker, which you can, but don't have to. :D It'll work fine at the defaults. One of the greatest things about arctic fox is the up to 8 configurable profiles. They can be super basic or super tweaked or some of each as you see fit. Just set them up on the PC (which can be super basic or super twaeked or some of each), dump them on the mod and you just select on the mod whatever one is for the build you're present;y using.

Using this forum software is actually considerably more complicated than getting it installed. That's a serious non-exaggeration.

One of my co-workers, after nearly 50 years in the same field we're in, still maintains his curiosity, still has his nose stuck in books until 2 a.m., still putzes around with all kinds of stuff. Just the difference in people.

Somebody here at home asks me what's wrong with their PC that it won't read some CD or their printer driver disappeared, something stupidly simple, I about lose my ever-lovin mind. Except for playing on the Internet, I do not want to see/smell/hear/touch/even remotely SENSE THE PRESENCE of anything technical. I am up to my eyeballs with it, and as soon as my butt can retire, that's exactly what it's gonna do! lol

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

There is one thing... in the NFE Tools program, under the Advanced tab at the top you need to set Smart Mode to Off. Else, you run the risk of it getting confused about the resistance thereby pooping on itself, and, of course don't forget to click on the Upload button at the bottom to save, into the mod's ArticFox firmware, any changes you made with NFE Tools.

Setting the Preheat Type to Curve, picking a curve from the listbox and then clicking on the Edit button next to it brings up a new window with timings (in seconds) on the left, percentages (relative to the wattage you set on the mod) on the right so, for example, entering 0 and 110 on the first row will let each puff start at 110% power level, and, for another example, entering 0.1 and 120 on the second row, 0.2 and 130 on the third row, will let the power jump to 120% at 0.1 second after the start of the puff, to 130% at 0.2 seconds after the start of the puff. The upper right corner has a button that lets you zoom in on the timescale so it will be easier to see how your power curve looks like. So editing your own power curve is almost as easy as dialing a phone number. And, because the percentages are always relative to the wattage you set on the mod, changing the wattage up or down on the mod does not require you to adjust the power curve. Fire-n'-forget style... it couldn't have been made any more practical than this.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Today's mail from Sourcemore is mesh for my whole mess of mesh stash.
20200915_162857(1).jpg
The Geekvape ones were pretty cheap. I think they were a little over a buck a pack?
20200915_163057(1).jpg
Mesh for the Kylin M.

Yesterday my last Eightvape order showed up. I got coils and a couple Wotofo STNG RDAs. Ten packs of each- Smok Prince Strip coils, Smok Baby V2 A3 coils (triple mesh), and Uwell Nunchaku .4Ω coils.
20200915_164327(1).jpg

Yesterday from Cigabuy I got another Wismec Luxotic MF squonk mod. Mosfet style is what I believe they call them.
20200915_164616(1).jpg
I've been using one and love the 21700 battery performance. I was big on Feedlinks before which are 18650.

Yesterday from Arkansas Eliquid I got 4 Axials some different caps and they gave me stickers!
20200915_165418(1).jpg

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Got my brand new Asmodus Luna squonker and Vice RDA in yesterday, some lovely kit!

View attachment 169084

IDK why there wasn't a DT included with the atty, but not a biggie. Gotta research how to protect the wood mod, it's a bit dull and chalky feeling now but the wood chips in there are beeautiful. :)

I got the Vice RDA a few weeks ago and mine has a Drip Tip included- sure it isn't stuck in the foam?
I have the same black mosiac Luna, put away in my stash for a rainy day- really nice colors on those!

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 169096
The Geekvape ones were pretty cheap. I think they were a little over a buck a pack?
View attachment 169097
Mesh for the Kylin M.

Yesterday my last Eightvape order showed up. I got coils and a couple Wotofo STNG RDAs. Ten packs of each- Smok Prince Strip coils, Smok Baby V2 A3 coils (triple mesh), and Uwell Nunchaku .4Ω coils.
View attachment 169098

Yesterday from Cigabuy I got another Wismec Luxotic MF squonk mod. Mosfet style is what I believe they call them.
View attachment 169099
I've been using one and love the 21700 battery performance. I was big on Feedlinks before which are 18650.

Yesterday from Arkansas Eliquid I got 4 Axials some different caps and they gave me stickers!
View attachment 169100
How did you get a black Axial?

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 169096
View attachment 169097
Mesh for the Kylin M.

View attachment 169098

View attachment 169099

View attachment 169100
I love when they throw in stickers! Makes for a beautiful locker and pisses off all the smokers and anti-vapers :bliss::giggle:
16002127375172071532682.jpg

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
$1 says it's a SS with a black cap kit.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

I wanted a black Axial months ago, but they were oos but had the black cap kits, so I got another stainless with the black cap.

That thing was a POS. It was so flimsy and I couldn't keep the top part of the cap from coming out, or feeling like it was going to.

I used it for one day and then put the stainless cap on and have used it that way ever since. I hate those PEI (or whatever) caps.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh no, it's a PI cap or plastic. I just tried it on and forgot to take it off. I didn't have a chance to get a black one because they were always sold out.
AHA! Not that I wouldn't have been happy for you, but I would have been bummed for me :)

Did you ever try out your stacked RTA btw?

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
AHA! Not that I wouldn't have been happy for you, but I would have been bummed for me :)

Did you ever try out your stacked RTA btw?
Yeah, I used one for a while and really liked it. The chimneys on those things are the widest I've ever seen in any RTAs.. It seems like an RDA surrounded by glass when looking down through it ? .

c.diehl

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 169096
View attachment 169097
Mesh for the Kylin M.

View attachment 169098

View attachment 169099

View attachment 169100
Gotta grab one of those wismecs

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Seen the klipsch decal and made me wish I still had my k-horns. Those were friggen awesome.

Never was a big fan of horn tweeters, but nevertheless I find that there's something to be said for waveguide technology... I own a pair of Canton Vento 890.2 DC black gloss and a 1st gen Emotiva XPA-2, using a pair of Emotiva Pro Airmotiv 5 monitors for sides. Aside from smooth clarity of course, neutrality is the key to making a piano sound like a piano.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I used one for a while and really liked it. The chimneys on those things are the widest I've ever seen in any RTAs.. It seems like an RDA surrounded by glass when looking down through it ? .
I was asking because I really like it too and didn't know if you'd tried it yet. It also looks awesome on my black Cylon :)

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Gotta grab one of those wismecs

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk
I've been loving mine. I take the bottle out to refill. The only problem I've had is a little bit of leakage if I didn't slide the tube in far enough. I think I've figured out how to do it so it won't have any spillage anymore. To tell you the truth, I prefer the metal rod system the Luxotic BF and a lot of others use.

Cigabuy has them for ten bucks but wants almost another ten to ship it.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I've been loving mine. I take the bottle out to refill. The only problem I've had is a little bit of leakage if I didn't slide the tube in far enough. I think I've figured out how to do it so it won't have any spillage anymore. To tell you the truth, I prefer the metal rod system the Luxotic BF and a lot of others use.

To me, it's just hard to beat that Luxotic BF, unless it's just too small for a person's hands. It's absolutely perfect for me and has been completely trouble-free. I wish I'd bought several when VapeNW had the mod by itself for $5.99, because I DON'T like the Tobhino RDA.

I do like the MF as well, but like you, I think the rod system in the BF makes it one or the least messy squonkers I own. It also seems to get a lot of power out of just a single 18650, so there must be very little voltage drop in it.

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I worked for a place called House of Sound back in the early 80s. We sold klipsch speakers. The k-horns were $1800 a pair at the time and Paul Klipsh sold me a pair for $600. I was exstatic.

Ah what memories. Nothing like those folded corner horns. Wish I still had mine. Audio Research tube amp and preamp and a Linn TT. Straight wire with gain.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got the Vice RDA a few weeks ago and mine has a Drip Tip included- sure it isn't stuck in the foam?
I have the same black mosiac Luna, put away in my stash for a rainy day- really nice colors on those!

Nope, no DT...but not a biggie as it's just a simple peice of plastic. I have lots already. :)

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Got the Purge aluminum from @CrazyChef v2.0
I've wanted the Mono SQ since it came out, found a great deal on a used one.
19ac7ef72d1ab5cfd40072d5b1d9bee6.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I have some of those bottles for my pico and if I remember correctly they fit the Wismec Luxotic as well. Pm me and I'll send pics of the bottles when I get home.

Edit: I sent a pm showing the bottles they say Wismec on the packaging

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I pre ordered Aegis Max mods from Sourcemore months ago. I got another red one (left unopened) and a "White" Storm... which is just silver. When I ordered they showed pictures of the frame thing and buttons that were white. I was hoping for a storm trooper type but oh well.
20200916_211619(1).jpg

Another Sourcemore pre order: Black TFV9
20200916_211735(1).jpg

From Caterpillar Vapes: Geekvape Ammit 25 RTAs.
20200916_212214(1).jpg
I'm late to the party but a big fan of these. I now have two black, one blue and one gold. I feel lucky to have found them. @nadalama mentioned the place and I saw them while looking around. My jaw dropped when I saw they had black.

Spare Uwell Nunchaku tank Saphire Blue
20200916_212323_HDR(1).jpg

Brand new vs heavily used for about a year:
20200916_212801_HDR(1).jpg
The one on the right is very worn looking. This photo isn't really doing it justice ? .

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Vape mail week 9/12:
3 matchy-matchy Zeus X Mesh for the Solos
3 Bonza (bought the matte gray to go with the gray Reborn for sale)
1 Black Kylin Mini
1 black Minikin 2
1 Funky 160W + 3 panel sets
1 Colossal white
Gold panels for the Puxos (got another mod and panels coming)
10 containers of 10 coils ea
10 Zeus X mesh/cotton
Cool driver set from Harbor Freight
Teeth stripped, rubber dipped pliers (life saver)
Tons of cotton, white translucent build mats, BB bubble glass
I have a feeling 95% of my sub-ohm tanks are going in the backup box

Vapemail Week 9.13.jpg

I really like the White Storm Aegis @Just Frank

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Vape mail for me today was my end of a trade with Gadget... no pics... its a Black Asgard Mini... figured you all know what it already looks like. I am keeping the box he sent it in though... Small boxes are nice to have for future shipments lol

No mod for it... so here I am shopping... for future vape mail haha

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Vape mail for me today was my end of a trade with Gadget... no pics... its a Black Asgard Mini... figured you all know what it already looks like. I am keeping the box he sent it in though... Small boxes are nice to have for future shipments lol

No mod for it... so here I am shopping... for future vape mail haha

My new Asgard Mini came yesterday, too. I haven't had time to deal with it yet. You use just mechs, right? 'Cause I was gonna say, it's mighty nice on a Topside Dual. One of the few RDAs I've tried on the Topside that actually is big enough that it looks good on the mod.

Also got an HCigar Cold Steel 100 in grey champagne, a Aegis Max in grey pearl, and a Zeus X Mesh in gunmetal. Haven't dealt with the Zeus yet either. I put a Reload RTA clone on the Cold Steel, and the Wine Red Zeus X Mesh on the Aegis Max.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My new Asgard Mini came yesterday, too. I haven't had time to deal with it yet. You use just mechs, right? 'Cause I was gonna say, it's mighty nice on a Topside Dual. One of the few RDAs I've tried on the Topside that actually is big enough that it looks good on the mod.

Also got an HCigar Cold Steel 100 in grey champagne, a Aegis Max in grey pearl, and a Zeus X Mesh in gunmetal. Haven't dealt with the Zeus yet either. I put a Reload RTA clone on the Cold Steel, and the Wine Red Zeus X Mesh on the Aegis Max.
I very much prefer vaping on a mech yes.

1600377317455.png

VU Sponsors