Become a Patron!

To Date which US Presidential candidate will you be voting for & why?

Which US Presidential candidate will you be voting for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nails

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't believe o'bozos numbers are actually 50%

Statistics (and polls) can be twisted anyway you want to get the desired results. Notice the polls are usually somewhere between 500 and 1000 people polled? How many groups of 500 or 1000 do you think you'd have to pick at random to get the results you want?

I'm betting, especially if they know who they are asking, they can get any result they want with only a few run throughs...

Statisticians probably cringe at every "study" pertaining to politics, gun violence, and I am a spammer ban me that is ever released.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ryan said he will sue a president trump if he bans muslims . The same guys who let obamma do whatever he pleases with not a whimper

^This^.

The GOPe have given up the game. They fight Trump much harder than they ever fought Obomber. They've backed off every issue. Obamacare, the debt ceiling, the budget, the wars, immigration. Everything. And then they join the Dems, using the same talking points, to fight Trump.

If anyone thought there might be a one party elite system hidden in a fake two party system but wasn't sure, it should be painfully obvious by now.

The Dems have been no different. They are now every bit the Warhawks the R's used to be, using the same talking points.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't believe o'bozos numbers are actually 50%

Statistics (and polls) can be twisted anyway you want to get the desired results. Notice the polls are usually somewhere between 500 and 1000 people polled? How many groups of 500 or 1000 do you think you'd have to pick at random to get the results you want?

I'm betting, especially if they know who they are asking, they can get any result they want with only a few run throughs...
well you know what Mark Twain said...theer are three kinds of lies. lies.. damn lies and statistics.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree, much of it is the state of things. Not just the younger generation but it's trickling up to the older folks as well. I can remember when I was a kid, kids were kids and adults were adults. There was a distinction. Kids had their own lingo and it's been that way for quite some time. Whether it was 'cool', 'rad', 'gnarly', 'the shiznit' etc. Whatever slang, it existed with the kids and usually began fading by adulthood.

These days it's just the opposite. Instead of people outgrowing the childlike behavior it is bleeding into the adults. Bad enough people in their 30's refusing to grow up I'm talking about people in their 50's and 60's talking about how someone at work did something so funny they actually 'lawled' (lol'd) at it. Seriously? It's not just the words, it's the mindset. The wording means squat, it's this desire for people in their middle ages trying to be part of the 12-13yo crowd. I remember back when the goal was to mature and outgrow being a child striving to become more of an 'adult'.

Along with lack of maturity, common sense has gone out the window. Children, teens and many adults alike glued to their phones. No clue what's going on, unable to think for themselves, forming opinion based off inaccurate soundbites they saw once on twitter (so it must be true). People want peace and flowers and more apps to doodle on their phones. They don't consider HOW that happens. No one wants to make the hard choices. Back when our country used to make progress it was full of people making the hard choices.

Things that kill me with the current state of things, it's not even a R vs D war. It's obummer. He's a total joke and if it were anyone else in any other situation people would see it. For some reason because it's political and because he's a member of the democrat party the democrats put their head in the sand for the most part. Isis says they'll infiltrate using the refugees. The fbi and cia directors have said the refugees pose a threat risk of terrorists being among the ranks. We've seen evidence of it happening in multiple european countries. Yet somehow only obummer says otherwise and can't get the refugees here fast enough. I'm sure even isis is sitting there going seriously? Did he NOT just hear us say we're going to do this? A wtf moment heard around the world.

I hate government control and intervention but under extenuating circumstances there have to be exceptions made. It's not convenient because it involves radical islam, that's just how it is. I'd feel the same way if it were christians, jews, mormons, whoever. But it's not, it's radical muslims and this is just how the cookie crumbled. It doesn't make me racist (especially since it's a religion not a race). No one ever said all muslims are bad. However all the jihad terrorists have been muslim/radical islamist. There's a common denominator and it doesn't do anyone any good to pretend otherwise. We didn't have a problem identifying the threat when it was Mussolini or Hitler, so why now?

Traditional politicians on both sides are worried about Trump because it threatens their way of life. They're all about wasting time and money, running out the clock and job security. Never really accomplishing anything but forming more committees and sub committees and holding meetings that require expense funds and other ways to pocket money. Don't tighten the belt on government and run it more efficiently, just continue 'misplacing' funds or letting them get lost in paperwork shuffles to cover the pocketing of it and when the coffers run dry simply add a new tax (like vaping). Dig deeper into the pockets of the general public.

Trump has mentioned our failing infrastructure. Every time the public pleads for things like improved roads they get hit with a higher tax to pay overpriced dot workers. Why? What the hell are all the prisoners so busy doing? Nothing wrong with them doing honest work, taxes paid by the public are already paying for prisoner upkeep. Perhaps a few more shovels and a few less big screen tv's. For a nation so blessed with resources and promise we have gone out of our way to piss it all away and create our own problems, whining about hurt feelings because some sector of the public isn't feeling as warm and fuzzy as they think they should be. It's grown pathetic.

Many don't see Hillary's pending fbi investigation as a problem. Much less concern themselves with WHY she's under investigation. Not to mention the countless lies for her poor choices and conduct as secretary of state. We've worked to impeach presidents for less, much less continued to let them run for the position of potus. Seems like our country is on a fast track to self destruction.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The distance between citizens and their politicians must never be allowed to become too great.
Perhaps someday we will come to realize that the whole concept of political "authority" has no moral validity whatsoever. But until then, I have to agree with the above quote.

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree, much of it is the state of things. Not just the younger generation but it's trickling up to the older folks as well. I can remember when I was a kid, kids were kids and adults were adults. There was a distinction. Kids had their own lingo and it's been that way for quite some time. Whether it was 'cool', 'rad', 'gnarly', 'the shiznit' etc. Whatever slang, it existed with the kids and usually began fading by adulthood.

These days it's just the opposite. Instead of people outgrowing the childlike behavior it is bleeding into the adults. Bad enough people in their 30's refusing to grow up I'm talking about people in their 50's and 60's talking about how someone at work did something so funny they actually 'lawled' (lol'd) at it. Seriously? It's not just the words, it's the mindset. The wording means squat, it's this desire for people in their middle ages trying to be part of the 12-13yo crowd. I remember back when the goal was to mature and outgrow being a child striving to become more of an 'adult'.

Along with lack of maturity, common sense has gone out the window. Children, teens and many adults alike glued to their phones. No clue what's going on, unable to think for themselves, forming opinion based off inaccurate soundbites they saw once on twitter (so it must be true). People want peace and flowers and more apps to doodle on their phones. They don't consider HOW that happens. No one wants to make the hard choices. Back when our country used to make progress it was full of people making the hard choices.

Things that kill me with the current state of things, it's not even a R vs D war. It's obummer. He's a total joke and if it were anyone else in any other situation people would see it. For some reason because it's political and because he's a member of the democrat party the democrats put their head in the sand for the most part. Isis says they'll infiltrate using the refugees. The fbi and cia directors have said the refugees pose a threat risk of terrorists being among the ranks. We've seen evidence of it happening in multiple european countries. Yet somehow only obummer says otherwise and can't get the refugees here fast enough. I'm sure even isis is sitting there going seriously? Did he NOT just hear us say we're going to do this? A wtf moment heard around the world.

I hate government control and intervention but under extenuating circumstances there have to be exceptions made. It's not convenient because it involves radical islam, that's just how it is. I'd feel the same way if it were christians, jews, mormons, whoever. But it's not, it's radical muslims and this is just how the cookie crumbled. It doesn't make me racist (especially since it's a religion not a race). No one ever said all muslims are bad. However all the jihad terrorists have been muslim/radical islamist. There's a common denominator and it doesn't do anyone any good to pretend otherwise. We didn't have a problem identifying the threat when it was Mussolini or Hitler, so why now?

Traditional politicians on both sides are worried about Trump because it threatens their way of life. They're all about wasting time and money, running out the clock and job security. Never really accomplishing anything but forming more committees and sub committees and holding meetings that require expense funds and other ways to pocket money. Don't tighten the belt on government and run it more efficiently, just continue 'misplacing' funds or letting them get lost in paperwork shuffles to cover the pocketing of it and when the coffers run dry simply add a new tax (like vaping). Dig deeper into the pockets of the general public.

Trump has mentioned our failing infrastructure. Every time the public pleads for things like improved roads they get hit with a higher tax to pay overpriced dot workers. Why? What the hell are all the prisoners so busy doing? Nothing wrong with them doing honest work, taxes paid by the public are already paying for prisoner upkeep. Perhaps a few more shovels and a few less big screen tv's. For a nation so blessed with resources and promise we have gone out of our way to piss it all away and create our own problems, whining about hurt feelings because some sector of the public isn't feeling as warm and fuzzy as they think they should be. It's grown pathetic.

Many don't see Hillary's pending fbi investigation as a problem. Much less concern themselves with WHY she's under investigation. Not to mention the countless lies for her poor choices and conduct as secretary of state. We've worked to impeach presidents for less, much less continued to let them run for the position of potus. Seems like our country is on a fast track to self destruction.
I work in correction facilities in NY . One prison had 3 working farms at one time run by inmates and the food was used to feed the prisons.....the state closed them 3 years ago because prisoner's have work rights and cant work over 8 hours like a real farmer would need to do .

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Arthur That's ridiculous. Nothing wrong with them growing their own food, it relieves a good portion of the cost of upkeep. Not to mention it's something actually productive. The experts keep saying how inmates feel they have nothing else to look forward to, low self esteem etc and that's why they turn to gangs. I'm not a full time farmer though I do have a small garden and have worked on several farms. Something to be said for hard work and seeing the results of it. They should be glad it's not like the prison camps in Vietnam our soldiers were in. They have no clue what shitty conditions are.

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Arthur That's ridiculous. Nothing wrong with them growing their own food, it relieves a good portion of the cost of upkeep. Not to mention it's something actually productive. The experts keep saying how inmates feel they have nothing else to look forward to, low self esteem etc and that's why they turn to gangs. I'm not a full time farmer though I do have a small garden and have worked on several farms. Something to be said for hard work and seeing the results of it. They should be glad it's not like the prison camps in Vietnam our soldiers were in. They have no clue what shitty conditions are.
No they can get a ged and even get a college education plus room board 3 meals ....all free .

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No they can get a ged and even get a college education plus room board 3 meals ....all free .

meanwhile a blue collar worker can't buy a house or send his kid through college....scratch that, I meant to say an American blue collar worker..an illegal alien blue collar worker has the state of California send his kids through UC Berkeley.

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dont get me wrong its a scary fuckin place . About half of them should be in mental hospitals not prison . But it does piss me off they get more rights and free stuff then i d ok working . Its not like in the old days Sing Sing prison was built by prisoners they quared the rock from the cliff and built the prison all in chains . Thats when nobody wanted to go to jail you were truly fucked . Now some guys dont want to leave .

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Almost all are somehow related to drugs . Solve that problem and you solve a thousand more fucking jobs are the key .

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow only 29% of dems think Orlando was about Islamic terroism the rest belive it was domestic gun violence. The brains have been successfully washed !

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
.ISIS has publicluy announced they are going to put terrorist in the immigrant Obama is bringing in the Obama administration admitts publicly they can't vet them...so ..the DNC supports the terrorists and they support disarming the population....they hate Americans more than they do ISIS....
They overthrew kidaffy installed Al Queda in Libya and Al Queda has launched an invasion force into Europe..it was all done on purpose....the endgame is to destroy the Republics and western civilization too much freedom...

Last edited:

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And Americans are all for it ! At least a portion! I dont understand how this happened. Once people wise up it will be way too late !!

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
DOJ to "censor" transcripts of Orlando shooters pleage to Isis from 911 call .

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you guys been keeping your eye on Brexit.the global elite are not going allow the people of Britian to leave the EU..it'll crash the euro...they'll be burning ballots in England...voting is dead.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you guys been keeping your eye on Brexit.the global elite are not going allow the people of Britian to leave the EU..it'll crash the euro...they'll be burning ballots in England...voting is dead.

Yup. Bad vibes coming from the UK.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
little-abdullah-may-never-get-to-kill-an-american-unless-2879710.png

SgtRock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Here's betting that Brexit will win.

I'm betting that Brits are finally fed up with being told what to think and what to do by the elite in their own country and the EU.

Even the queen finally made her thoughts known.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's betting that Brexit will win.

I'm betting that Brits are finally fed up with being told what to think and what to do by the elite in their own country and the EU.

Even the queen finally made her thoughts known.
You are moving from the premise Britian is a free nation, you are moving from the premise their elections are fair.The leader of Italy wanted to move away from the EU and the globalist had him removed...the recent election in Austria had the nationalist party in the lead by a healthy margin and they mysteriously lost by a thread...The globalist who hide behind the EU people like Soros and his bosses are not about to let the English vote to leave.If England leaves the EU will fall like a house of cards, and if it does the Euro will fall with it, there is no way the uber rich of europe are going to allow themselves to lose trillions of dollars..just as the uber rich and the political class of both parties in America have no intention of allowing the people of the US to vote Trump into office...the globalist picked Hilary and she will be put into office regardless of ballot boxes.

Just as the media refused to tell the truth about Obama refused to vet him, hid his life story from the public,built a emotional and intellectual adolescent fumbeling dipshit into a messianic cult.So to already the media is refusing to tell the truth about Hilary...the mainstream news outlets could not be more complicit with the Hilary campaign if Hilary actually wrote copy for them.

Last edited:

SgtRock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I guess we'll see...Still staying with my bet.

Interesting times ahead no matter what happens.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Trump is just giving you a chance to do now what must be done sooner or later, without the constraints of political correctness.
Don't waste that chance, since it will not come again in the near future.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Trump is just giving you a chance to do now what must be done sooner or later, without the constraints of political correctness.
Don't waste that chance, since it will not come again in the near future.
the election is rigged ....by the time of the next election the DNC will have filled the country with enough third worlders from the middle east and latin america it will nullify the American people's vote.just as Merkel is filling europe with enough muslims to nullify the vote of europeans.the globalist are making the ballot boxes irrelevant.

SgtRock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
They don't have the numbers for this election...but if left unchecked they will for the next one in four years.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-florida-shooting-guns-idUSKCN0Z827T

So democrat lawmakers are resorting to PROTESTS to push their agenda? Jumping Jehoshaphat! They are fucking elected representatives resorting to a sit in to further their agenda? One giant reason to flush the schmucks out of office. If they can't do their jobs without turning into street protestors, than they need to be removed from office pronto.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-florida-shooting-guns-idUSKCN0Z827T

So democrat lawmakers are resorting to PROTESTS to push their agenda? Jumping Jehoshaphat! They are fucking elected representatives resorting to a sit in to further their agenda? One giant reason to flush the schmucks out of office. If they can't do their jobs without turning into street protestors, than they need to be removed from office pronto.
did they bring their love beads and maryjane....their Hendrix albums.....what a bunch of losers, they can't address the issues with any remotely valid intellectual points so they resort to flinging poop ....are you surprised this is the party that supports cretins beating people at political rallies this is the party that supports thugs with batons at polling stations....The truly frightening part is that the DNC has no real great minds to speak out for their points, they are reduced to romper room theatrics.....would have been nice if they would do this for the 95 million unemployed....or the inumerable wars they vote for.or the 25 Americans killed every single day by illegal aliens, or by the FDA shutting down something that could save a billion lives.The same party that is destroying vaping.

Last edited:

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've basically been eating popcorn and watching the shitstorm of u.s. politics the last several cycles. Waiting for the revolution to finally hit. If it doesn't it's only because people are too weak/lazy to fight for anything better. No one wants to participate in anything hard anymore. Not when they can bury their nose in a phone screen and ignore it. Or kill their boredom by finding new crap to be offended about.

Personally I think the redaction of the orlando issues had nothing to do with the situation. I think it was a matter of testing the waters to get the peoples reaction since it involved the fbi, the doj, loretta lynch. All the key players involved in shillary's scandal when it comes to indicting her. A method of testing how much bullshit are the masses willing to swallow and will they buck back or not. The people already knew the redacted portions, it had no bearing on anything. It didn't protect anyone or prevent any propaganda from spreading. A situation that was basically 'sandboxed' since the redaction and clarification were able to be done without any real impact on anything.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've basically been eating popcorn and watching the shitstorm of u.s. politics the last several cycles. Waiting for the revolution to finally hit. If it doesn't it's only because people are too weak/lazy to fight for anything better. No one wants to participate in anything hard anymore. Not when they can bury their nose in a phone screen and ignore it. Or kill their boredom by finding new crap to be offended about.

Personally I think the redaction of the orlando issues had nothing to do with the situation. I think it was a matter of testing the waters to get the peoples reaction since it involved the fbi, the doj, loretta lynch. All the key players involved in shillary's scandal when it comes to indicting her. A method of testing how much bullshit are the masses willing to swallow and will they buck back or not. The people already knew the redacted portions, it had no bearing on anything. It didn't protect anyone or prevent any propaganda from spreading. A situation that was basically 'sandboxed' since the redaction and clarification were able to be done without any real impact on anything.
Yeah I agree with alot of that...I think thats is what happened in Austria..The Elite stole the election in Austria to see if they could get away with stealing elections in europe... as the nationalist and anti-EU parties are sweeping across europe....now that they found out they could I believe they are going to steal the Brexit election in England.Then they'll steal our election.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
the election is rigged ....by the time of the next election the DNC will have filled the country with enough third worlders from the middle east and latin america it will nullify the American people's vote.just as Merkel is filling europe with enough muslims to nullify the vote of europeans.the globalist are making the ballot boxes irrelevant.
Absolutely. That right up there with why all the cheating at the state GOP conventions to prevent Ron Paul from getting enough delegates went pretty much unnoticed (they'll cheat at the ballot box, the media is bought and paid for, and the masses are sheep that are dead asleep). And, since the elites were still scared come time for the RNC, they then held some of the delegates (and a member of rules committee) hostage on the bus, going round and round the RNC convention center, while Rule 16 was shoved through and declared to be passed BEFORE the hearing of the nay votes! Yet, the media was silent on the whole thing because the system is rigged.

For those unfamiliar with Rule 16 - before Rule 16, the delegates could vote however they wanted to, regardless of the popular vote. That's how it's always been intended. That's why voting is referred to as a poll. Rule 16 says that the state GOP delegates must either be a winner take all or the delegates be awarded based on the %. And, if the candidate(s) don't like the delegate(s) that have been elected to choose the nominee, the candidate(s) can replace them.

edit to add - who are these delegates? they're people that are elected by members of the local party. It's pretty easy to become a delegate. I had the opportunity to become one but couldn't because my work would have interfered.

Now Rule 16 is threatening to bite them in the ass because they want the delegates to NOT vote for the poll winner (Trump), since they figure they can't control him, so they're working on changing the rules and are working on getting delegate puppets in place for the RNC.

If you haven't seen it, this is a must watch

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Absolutely. That right up there with why all the cheating at the state GOP conventions to prevent Ron Paul from getting enough delegates went pretty much unnoticed (they'll cheat at the ballot box, the media is bought and paid for, and the masses are sheep that are dead asleep). And, since the elites were still scared come time for the RNC, they then held some of the delegates (and a member of rules committee) hostage on the bus, going round and round the RNC convention center, while Rule 16 was shoved through and declared to be passed BEFORE the hearing of the nay votes! Yet, the media was silent on the whole thing because the system is rigged.

For those unfamiliar with Rule 16 - before Rule 16, the delegates could vote however they wanted to, regardless of the popular vote. That's how it's always been intended. That's why voting is referred to as a poll. Rule 16 says that the state GOP delegates must either be a winner take all or the delegates be awarded based on the %. And, if the candidate(s) don't like the delegate(s) that have been elected to choose the nominee, the candidate(s) can replace them.

edit to add - who are these delegates? they're people that are elected by members of the local party. It's pretty easy to become a delegate. I had the opportunity to become one but couldn't because my work would have interfered.

Now Rule 16 is threatening to bite them in the ass because they want the delegates to NOT vote for the poll winner (Trump), since they figure they can't control him, so they're working on changing the rules and are working on getting delegate puppets in place for the RNC.

If you haven't seen it, this is a must watch
yep, tru words..what alot of people don't get is, people aren't voting for Trump so much as they are voting to kill the RNC...another interesting aside is the media also conspired to keep Dr.Paul from getting elected, they purposely manipulated camera shots and debate time to make Dr.Paul as invisible as possible.I knew Obama was going to win the DNC nomination when. months before the convention my local paper was printing news stories every other day somewhere on the front page about Obama..Obama ties shoes....Obama eats breakfast cereal....Obama had bowel movment today..blah blah blah. total puff pieces...the media was manufacturing consent in the masses minds that this person was important...that we needed to value this person's life,listen to this persons words....after watching my local paper do this for a month I realized .....OH they are going to nominate Obama...they don't even need to bother with a convention.

Last edited:

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
yep, tru words..what alot of people don't get is, people aren't voting for Trump so much as they are voting to kill the RNC...another interesting aside is the media also conspired to keep Dr.Paul from getting elected, they purposely manipulated camera shots and debate time to make Dr.Paul as invisible as possible.
Sadly, that's very true (the media and Dr. Paul). Again, proof that they're bought and paid for. This would be funny if it wasn't so infuriating

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sadly, that's very true (the media and Dr. Paul). Again, proof that they're bought and paid for. This would be funny if it wasn't so infuriating
exactlly just as the media manufactured the myth of a mundane jug eared adolescent narrcistic manchild as the smartest man in the world, they created the myth the Dr.Paul was an unstable fringe loony whose ideas were not worth listening to, and so people didn't listen to him ....meanwhile in breaking news candidate Obama comes out in favor of cheeseburgers.....

SgtRock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
They did the same thing to Ross Perot and he still got damn near 1/3 of the vote. If they didn't fuck him he might just have won and we would not have had NAFTA.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think elections should be based on popular vote, for the people BY the people. Anything else is just an elitist form of higher government dictating the outcome or controlling the masses. Same with the electoral college. None of it is needed and their argument is always well, there's so many people there's no way to count all the individual votes.

Funny, we have an election once every 4yrs. The irs climbs up every inidividual's ass each and every year and they don't simply ask 'which nominee do you prefer', it's how many people in your household, who works, who doesn't, how many children, where's your w-2, oh you wrote off gas consumption and mileage for work purposes on your vehicle, where's your fuel receipts. Far more work done per capita and at 4 times the frequency of the election cycle. Tell me again how we don't have the man power to collect and honor each citizens vote.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think elections should be based on popular vote, for the people BY the people. Anything else is just an elitist form of higher government dictating the outcome or controlling the masses. Same with the electoral college. None of it is needed and their argument is always well, there's so many people there's no way to count all the individual votes.

Funny, we have an election once every 4yrs. The irs climbs up every inidividual's ass each and every year and they don't simply ask 'which nominee do you prefer', it's how many people in your household, who works, who doesn't, how many children, where's your w-2, oh you wrote off gas consumption and mileage for work purposes on your vehicle, where's your fuel receipts. Far more work done per capita and at 4 times the frequency of the election cycle. Tell me again how we don't have the man power to collect and honor each citizens vote.
nah democracy is too prone to becoming a plebecite, where the poor vote themselves other people's wealth through taxes.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not rich by any means. I don't want other people's wealth through taxes but I sure as hell don't want to make people like the clintons richer from taxing ME. That's what it ends up being. Tired of the waste and abuse of funds in this country. 25% of every paycheck goes to the government. Not counting sales tax or anything else, just income tax.

Our roads are shit, our schools are shit. Schools closing because they can't afford to stay open. Kids without schoolbooks because the school doesn't have the funding it needs to keep text books on hand. Teachers are part of the working poor to say the least. The schools send parents home a list of supplies for their kid AND for the classroom/office so parents are privately footing the expense of things like copy paper and other things for the school. Buses have consistently dropped routes, both city transportation and school buses. Oh but the superintendent was found to not only be making close to 100k per year on top of a 'company car' provided to him - a lexus. Can't afford school books but can afford a lexus to some shitwad making that much money? Buy your own damn lexus like the rest of us.

Where did all the funding go from the lotto, wasn't that their big selling point to the government and the people? So assuming the lotto is still providing sums, donations not included, the taxes from the citizens they pay every year, the private money from the school parents buying the school supplies how in the hell can the schools be so broke? That's only one example. It's pathetic.

The news media was recently making a joke out of how small Trump's campaign is, how he only has a little over a million dollars in his campaign account. Only 40 some people working for him vs the monstrous campaign shillary is running. So someone managed to do the same with LESS and that's the joke? Talk about ignorance. The only joke there is hillary's waste of people and money and getting nothing more done. I think that's a positive for Trump, he runs a lean and efficient campaign. Goes to his points of waste, fraud and abuse of funds in the government overall. People keep saying well yes, but even if Trump cut here and here he couldn't possibly reduce our debt. No, not the way it's currently being run and that's the point.

If he can manage the same results at 1/10th the cost and can get our infrastructure back under control at 1/10th the cost and so on, we'll have more than enough funds to go around and get the deficit back in a direction where it might get under control. Another beautiful example of bureaucratic bullshit. A man stopped to help someone who got in a car accident, helped pull them from the wreckage. The ems showed up, treated the victims. The man asked for a bottle of water - simple fricken bottle of water - to rinse cuts off his hand. The ambulance/hospital sent him a bill for $150. For a bottle of water.

Common sense would say it's a bottle of damn water, it costs at most $1. Stop by a gas station on the way back and pick one up. Not real hard, people do it every damn day. But not when it comes to the health care system, the ems personnel likely had to fill out a form, write it down, deduct it from inventory, get the man's information, pass it to another office where someone else added it to their inventory monitoring system so they could place an order with the company providing water to them so the bottle of water could be shipped from a warehouse to a delivery company to eventually show up in the hospital's stock so they could restock the ambulance. Not to mention the billing department had to get involved sorting things out, writing up what he owed and sending it to the collections department who finally mailed it to the man. All for a fricken bottle of water and now we know why it costs $150 and why people's health insurance is so overbloated. More waste, more abuse.

Along those lines, I recall a hospital stay I made as a kid in the 90's. The nurse asked me if I needed anything, I asked for some aspirin because I had a headache. The bill came and it showed 2x aspirin - $6 each - $12 total. Are you fucking kidding me? $6 for ONE aspirin? It was bayer, same crap I could pick up at walgreens for $3-4 for a bottle of 100. At full retail that makes an aspirin $0.25/each. Even high markup would have been $1 each. What reasoning is there for something otc to cost 2400% markup? So much we could do in this country if we'd just cut the bullshit.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Except you have many people voting who have no clue about the people they're voting for (how the candidate stands on various issues, etc.). All they know is what they see on tv and who's promising more free stuff. Heck, these people think Richard Nixon is running for President this year!

That's the beauty of a delegate system (or at least it was until the GOP shoved through Rule 16 at the 2012 RNC). The polls indicate the popular candidate and the delegates (who are people like you and me who are elected at the local level and who have taken the time to learn about the candidates) can decide whether to vote for a candidate based on the polls or based on what they know about the candidate. The same is true for the electoral college (with the exception that 25 states and the District of Columbia have laws that mandate that the elector vote the way of the popular vote, with penalties ranging from a fine to having their vote cast out and replaced).

If you want your voice heard (as far as the nomination goes), you need to attend your local precinct meetings. That's also part of how you become a delegate.

Last edited:

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just caught obama's comments on the news a few minutes ago. Regarding the 4/4 split at the u.s. supreme court denying his protection of illegal immigrants and the fact they would now be deported. Priceless. In an attempt to sound heartbroken obama said we're going to deport hard working people, the people picking our fruit and making our beds who just want to become legitimate citizens. Last time I checked, referring to illegals as 'fruit pickers' and 'maids' was a tad racist. Or maybe only when a republican says something like that. lol

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just caught obama's comments on the news a few minutes ago. Regarding the 4/4 split at the u.s. supreme court denying his protection of illegal immigrants and the fact they would now be deported. Priceless. In an attempt to sound heartbroken obama said we're going to deport hard working people, the people picking our fruit and making our beds who just want to become legitimate citizens. Last time I checked, referring to illegals as 'fruit pickers' and 'maids' was a tad racist. Or maybe only when a republican says something like that. lol
yep.

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder when Baltimore is gonna blow ...im guessing after the next 3 acquittals

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
nobody I know has somebody make their bed for them....translation of what Obama said......." No longer will the wealthy be able to flood the market with an excess of labor driving down wages so they don't have to deal with supply and demand, and the rich can continue dictate to the working class what their wages will be, ensuring that upward mobility for the working class is impossible...in short no longer will the rich be able to create a serf class in America."

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors