Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
On my way to go food shopping. Heard a report that the meat department was very lean this morning and I am hoping it was the Senior Shoppers who got it first and that they will restock.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Be careful. I heard that Queens and Nassau are the worst hit counties!!

I got a package yesterday with a big box of Biscoff cookies. Omg, those are delicious. So now I’m not craving carbs like crazy. But these are like crack cookies! :giggle:

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
On my way to go food shopping. Heard a report that the meat department was very lean this morning and I am hoping it was the Senior Shoppers who got it first and that they will restock.

i told my wife last week that we should stock up on meat, she told me i was stupid. lets see what i say to her today when there isn't any meat. my wife has this affliction, its called "shit in ears".

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
giphy.gif

It’s a really rainy day! lol

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
i told my wife last week that we should stock up on meat, she told me i was stupid. lets see what i say to her today when there isn't any meat. my wife has this affliction, its called "shit in ears".

Look online at the Westin Price Foundation. You might be able to find a small farmer near you who will sell you meat. I get mine delivered, but not through the mail. Though they can ship it frozen with ice.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
7bc8cc3e08ab467a60feca669cca46d5.gif

and Good Morning, Patio Friends and Family :hug: :blowkiss:
So wonderful to hear your sister is doing better, Steve. Was great reading that last night.
Love, Prayers, and Positive thoughts

Sent from....Somewhere on Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

My GF went at 9:00 and when I went to the same store they were stocked back up at 11;30. Seniors get first shot at the stores.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
7bc8cc3e08ab467a60feca669cca46d5.gif

and Good Morning, Patio Friends and Family :hug: :blowkiss:
So wonderful to hear your sister is doing better, Steve. Was great reading that last night.
Love, Prayers, and Positive thoughts

Sent from....Somewhere on Tapatalk

Semi-Stable and better but not recovered yet. They had to put in a gastric tube to get her nourishment but at least she is getting it now.

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Good afternoon y’all! Hope you’re all doing well and those that are sick are getting better. You’re all in my thoughts and prayers. Here’s a copied update on my aunt and uncle:

Mechele was transferred to a longterm care facility in Wilkes-Barre last night. She now has a temporary tracheotomy in order to retrain her lungs to breathe on their own.

Tom is doing well, sounds like his old self again, awaiting doctor approval to return to work.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good afternoon y’all! Hope you’re all doing well and those that are sick are getting better. You’re all in my thoughts and prayers. Here’s a copied update on my aunt and uncle:

Mechele was transferred to a longterm care facility in Wilkes-Barre last night. She now has a temporary tracheotomy in order to retrain her lungs to breathe on their own.

Tom is doing well, sounds like his old self again, awaiting doctor approval to return to work.

Progress is the best thing to hear~!

upload_2020-4-30_13-21-21.jpeg

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
@Rhianne I am not sure who you are listing to but your info is way off.

GDU3yjn7o9LGOapjez4XCmBvGjM8RVgU8bM5q-1F7m9JO_3ODuntrHvBHVhsM83s-_MCeKZhN82HJMz-7XSdMSMI4T71Qs5pu31ktFIOkoMrXYUFN-z8gM_QxVhs2otvzSu0ESi4X6yojIIHTkAfL5VrfW25r0h9rTdwwTjZHN7LYLY1Tp0ENaDfHZsEANk85VFRlqzyVhKTUoMpVOUZIvpW8_zvT61pOotI46SCiCs8i1ytl9wX7sdhvE9e-h-MnQZ2BprcUftoKThnxiv1P0KDrypH8mMZ6A4P6YHQml53dQnHgze7CDK-SKR2dWZ9QGTVUdJwJ9m-n29SOqAGSvbxHIr0HDN_6jBytHAaOAVF6Igqu_5HPCByK0KE0o664Qr-T4qM2pqFrwtQnZ8RyzuJAYhfCUhx2iUIm4Wnnt0Qq8A9h7SlTupzGzjlSkO_oeF_d9L_iYTxPKq_PXf9nrlbWE38vTuu8YAuz7pqpugxzuMj7SbwWTuzIFe_pcnL9tkz0kPu-wYn3n5wr8OMg9dYitqXG17we_SbO7IIDvStwVlb8SwaknA8Y2p2EsNfviWwxDAWuBnKdiR4kIPm4t6pgRQmm4i3bYgnVkEVBaMQltT_xX_Jhv6XKhWMYf2ilies7WgQSVghPAgMmRLlpkOgB1LAsRlkfrTz0w4F9YbG_iMJ7LYKvfP9PpaoGQ=w1000-h750-no

I got it off the Weather app. I was hoping it was wrong, because those numbers were crazy. But Elmhurst hospital is near here, and they’ve got a lot of corona cases.

But I think they’re listing any deaths that seem flu or corona related as corona deaths, even if they haven’t been tested. :crazy:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
If there was on thing I could not do without it is my coffee~!

I’d have to make espresso, and first thing in the morning- forget it. But I’ve got three jars of my fave instant coming. And some other stuff I’ve never tried, some robusto stuff. D

I used four tea bags this morning!! :cry:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But I think they’re listing any deaths that seem flu or corona related as corona deaths, even if they haven’t been tested. :crazy:

They get $39K to list a death as CV-19. I know a person who fell off a ladder and cracked his skull open. Brain Dead after emergency surgery and had to disconnect Life Support but guess what it was classified as?

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
You know that sounds like a really good idea right now~!

Edit: Too early to drink and too late for Espresso~!

I’ll make some in a bit! Lol My batteries need charging and my iPad too.

I’m glad you haven’t gotten news, since that prolly means your sister is the same. Thank God!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes we did she had a Gastric Tube installed so she can get nourishment but is making some progress although only slight. Since they feel she was strong enough to take having the tube installed that is encouraging.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Waiting around for calls is fucking Murder on the Mental Health to be honest. I am cooking dinner having some Don Opici but this is really stressful. Going to have a nice dinner with Fresh Baled bread from the market tonight but I have to be alert to do a Video Call with WhatsApp for the parents and myself.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
They get $39K to list a death as CV-19. I know a person who fell off a ladder and cracked his skull open. Brain Dead after emergency surgery and had to disconnect Life Support but guess what it was classified as?

that is so past fucked up, its criminal. and i bet they are getting a lot more keeping people alive if for only one more day, otherwise they would be letting them die.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
wlamart had meat, not full stock, but a good bit. and i didn't see any hoarders. our local grocery had full stock of everything, as if nothing is happening.

Some stores are reacting to the customers and some are doing CDC Regulations but still not restricting purchases. I can only go by the limited amount of stores I go to and Walmart is Online Only at this point in time.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years

Hope she makes it. Here is hoping she starts improving.
Yes we did she had a Gastric Tube installed so she can get nourishment but is making some progress although only slight. Since they feel she was strong enough to take having the tube installed that is encouraging.
Headed in the right direction. Thats some good news.

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
giphy.gif

Good morning everyone! I hope you all slept well and had good dreams! :) @SteveS45 I hope things are starting to look up, I wasn’t around much yesterday so I couldn’t see the current updates, but I’m still praying! Here’s a hug just for you :hug:. I hope everyone has a great day! Love you all and many hugs and lots of love! :hug::hug:<3

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
giphy.gif

Good morning everyone! I hope you all slept well and had good dreams! :) @SteveS45 I hope things are starting to look up, I wasn’t around much yesterday so I couldn’t see the current updates, but I’m still praying! Here’s a hug just for you :hug:. I hope everyone has a great day! Love you all and many hugs and lots of love! :hug::hug:<3

Thank You greatly but no news overnight and no early call this morning so hopefully resting comfortably.

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Thank You greatly but no news overnight and no early call this morning so hopefully resting comfortably.
I pray that’s the case! Peace and comfort so all those who are ill/mourning. That’s what I’ve been praying. And for healing of course. I’m worried about you Steve. I hope you’re doing ok. I’d bring a bottle of Jack to you and chill with you so you could get it all out if I could. I’m always here for you if you need to talk! :hug:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I pray that’s the case! Peace and comfort so all those who are ill/mourning. That’s what I’ve been praying. And for healing of course. I’m worried about you Steve. I hope you’re doing ok. I’d bring a bottle of Jack to you and chill with you so you could get it all out if I could. I’m always here for you if you need to talk! :hug:

I am doing OK but thanks again for your concern. I know I was up early but I slept OK after a few glasses of wine.

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I am doing OK but thanks again for your concern. I know I was up early but I slept OK after a few glasses of wine.
I’m glad you slept well! Maybe get an oil diffuser or a Himalayan salt lamp. I use an oil diffuser for sleep and it helps really well, in case you ever start having trouble.

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yeah, but a few days I worked in the yard and around the house to exhaust myself so I could sleep. Keep the hands busy so the mind is occupied. I guess like you use painting.
You’ve always been a busy bee! And I haven’t painted in weeks :( the center is closed because of the pandemic and it’s just to hard to try and paint here, too many distractions. I’m going to try and just put headphones in Wednesday and get something done. I need my art therapy!

VU Sponsors