Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
giphy.gif

Enjoy dinner, everyone.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Looks good. The farm people I buy from live out near Montauk, I think. Somewhere North Shore-ish.

Hope your family’s alright. (You too! Lol)

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
A good steak deserves being cooked correctly, which you did Steve! I prefer steaks with a bit of a char on the outside and just a little bit warm in the middle. If I ever get back to NY I'm going look you up for some great food! And of course vaping on the porch...:D Maybe get @Rhianne and @Amber Petti over for a party!
I would love that!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It's all good. How are you Rhianne?

Doing okay, feel like a bit of a scratchy throat, but it might be allergies. I’m trying to not even think about corona, since everyone wears masks outdoors pretty much. But it does feel a bit strange having a cough or cold nowadays!!

I ran out of the zinc I’ve been taking everyday too. That was really helping with allergies, along with my other vitamins.

Sorry, didn’t mean to go crazy with such a long reply!! :giggle:

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Doing okay, feel like a bit of a scratchy throat, but it might be allergies. I’m trying to not even think about corona, since everyone wears masks outdoors pretty much. But it does feel a bit strange having a cough or cold nowadays!!

I ran out of the zinc I’ve been taking everyday too. That was really helping with allergies, along with my other vitamins.

Sorry, didn’t mean to go crazy with such a long reply!! :giggle:
Not long. You need to get some more zinc. That is a great mineral for alot of different things. I take a zinc/magnesium supplement and I can tell the difference if I don't.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Not long. You need to get some more zinc. That is a great mineral for alot of different things. I take a zinc/magnesium supplement and I can tell the difference if I don't.

I ran out about two weeks ago and I’d been taking it everyday for months. I slowly started feeling little symptoms like scratchy throat, a little coughing every so often, etc.

I ordered some more this which, and I tried a chelated one this time. But I really felt better from the Zinc Picolinate I had. That and D3 and Vitamin C and Quercetin basically saved my life when I was sick with some horrible flu in the winter. If that was corona, it was freaking horrible!!

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I ran out about two weeks ago and I’d been taking it everyday for months. I slowly started feeling little symptoms like scratchy throat, a little coughing every so often, etc.

I ordered some more this which, and I tried a chelated one this time. But I really felt better from the Zinc Picolinate I had. That and D3 and Vitamin C and Quercetin basically saved my life when I was sick with some horrible flu in the winter. If that was corona, it was freaking horrible!!
I feel bad for the people that have passed away from the chinese flu. My nephew, my brother and my brother's girlfriend had it. Fortunately they all survived. My brother said it was like having a bad flu. I'm doing what I can to not get it. Fortunately I live in an area where there have only been a couple of confirmed cases. Please stay safe.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I feel bad for the people that have passed away from the chinese flu. My nephew, my brother and my brother's girlfriend had it. Fortunately they all survived. My brother said it was like having a bad flu. I'm doing what I can to not get it. Fortunately I live in an area where there have only been a couple of confirmed cases. Please stay safe.

My stepmom came to see me after getting a flu shot, and then I went with her into Manhattan on the subway. The next night I started getting a sore throat and feeling yucky. I think she shed her flu jab on me, and then maybe I caught whatever flu was going around NYC. :yikes:

I was never so sick in my life from flu. It came and went too. I’d think it went away and then out of the blue, I’d get nauseous or have diarrhea. So strange. It kicked my butt.

Taking Zinc and D3 and C and Quercetin finally made me get better. Thank God for health sites that don’t just repeat the same old advice!! (This was in the winter when no one was really mentioning vitamins.)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have over 3,000 miles on this bike. I could use a new seat though~! My old cycle computer got wet and I lost the Odometer reading. Just installed a new one and didn't bother trying to add the miles becase I don't think you can with this model.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I have over 3,000 miles on this bike. I could use a new seat though~! My old cycle computer got wet and I lost the Odometer reading. Just installed a new one and didn't bother trying to add the miles becase I don't think you can with this model.

Is that an English bike? I ask because of the Royce name. I don’t remember what names mine were, except one had a banana seat and was purple. Forget what they called that type.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Almost all the bikes i had as a kid were Royce Union.... it was a private label brand of Times Square stores.

Well, my hubs told me he had an English racer when he was a kid. He was a nut (too) that would ride for hours and miles on end in NJ, though.

Howdy, AJ. Nice to see you! We NY peeps have to hang out more. Even if you’re in CT or FL now. :giggle:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Waiting for Ace Hardware to open so I can pick up stain and varnish to finish the Railing over the garage today. Will stain it and cut the lawns. If the stain dried I will varnish it.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Waiting for Ace Hardware to open so I can pick up stain and varnish to finish the Railing over the garage today. Will stain it and cut the lawns. If the stain dried I will varnish it.
That should keep you busy today. I just have another boring day at work. Tuesday was an interesting day though. We had an active shooter on the base where I work. The coward ended up shooting himself and I guess he missed. He'll wish he was a better shot in a prison cell.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yesterday I spent 4 hours pressure washing the driveway again. There were some rust stains that I tried using Lime Away on. Says works in one minute my ass~! I didn't use a drop cloth when I was painting the garage door and the paint I used can be used to paint lines in the street. Never going to do that again~!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
That should keep you busy today. I just have another boring day at work. Tuesday was an interesting day though. We had an active shooter on the base where I work. The coward ended up shooting himself and I guess he missed. He'll wish he was a better shot in a prison cell.

Yikes! What base are you at? Stay safe, Don. :hug:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
There's conflicting stories. I've also heard he's under guard at the hospital here on base. Who knows?

VU Sponsors