:giggle: @gopher_byrd

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
200 or so miles NW of Don is where I live. Not as hot, but hot enough. The only saving grace is the 60's overnight.

1594306725967.png

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
200 or so miles NW of Don is where I live. Not as hot, but hot enough. The only saving grace is the 60's overnight.

View attachment 164592

It feels like 91 with the 65% humidity. At night it’s been in the 70’s. But it’s the humidity that’s been horrible.

103*!!!!!! Please stay inside as much as you can, bro. Do you have to work again now?

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I work staring at a computer inside right now. I should have been on the road in Oregon this week, but the customer is haggling over the contract. Without a signed contract they won't let me travel. I have another project in the works for Idaho that will keep me on the road for 3 months. Once I start traveling again, I won't be seen here as much.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I work staring at a computer inside right now. I should have been on the road in Oregon this week, but the customer is haggling over the contract. Without a signed contract they won't let me travel. I have another project in the works for Idaho that will keep me on the road for 3 months. Once I start traveling again, I won't be seen here as much.

We’ll miss you when you’re not around, Goph. Hopefully when you’re on the road, it will be cooler. Just be safe wherever you are!! :hug:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just finished working outside all day~! The Garage Railing turned into a project and a half. Scraping, wire brushing then sanding. Finally got the stain on. Had to cut another cap for a post because it cracked when I started sanding~! Then I cut the lawns and came in for a greatly needed shower.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Cracked open a Montauk Hard Seltzer before the shower and going to pound a few tonight. I got a little cooked on the garage roof because I had to take off my shirt.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Cracked open a Montauk Hard Seltzer before the shower and going to pound a few tonight. I got a little cooked on the garage roof because I had to take off my shirt.

I was going to say I hope you watched out for the heat and sun. It was hot and humid today. Make sure you drink water too!!

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
It looks like the middle of the desert there and really crazy hot!! Thankfully you’re okay.
Yep we're out in the middle of the desert. I love the area but I hate Kalifornia politics so after I retire I'll be selling my place and moving out to the middle of the desert in Arizona.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was going to say I hope you watched out for the heat and sun. It was hot and humid today. Make sure you drink water too!!

I drank like 6 Ice Cold Frozen waters while working. Now I am spent and can see I will fall asleep really early. With rain tomorrow I might be able to take an early bike ride. No watering needed.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rain started earlier than expected but not heavy like the Hyped Up Fake News of a Tropical Storm. Railing looks good and once the stain dries and can varnish it.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
It's going to be a long day. I had to walk up and down 2 flights of stairs twice yesterday and now I can't walk today. I'll be so glad when I can get my back surgery done. This being in constant pain gets old very quick.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's going to be a long day. I had to walk up and down 2 flights of stairs twice yesterday and now I can't walk today. I'll be so glad when I can get my back surgery done. This being in constant pain gets old very quick.

I had a mishap with the Table Saw Yesterday and a 7x7 inch piece if 1/2 inch solid pine started binding and I escaped right. Not fast enough so it hit me under my arm in the chest. Have a couple of nice black and blues which will probably turn purple and yellow before they go away~! Glad it was only a couple of bruises.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yep we're out in the middle of the desert. I love the area but I hate Kalifornia politics so after I retire I'll be selling my place and moving out to the middle of the desert in Arizona.

You like the desert? My hubs went to U of A, and he loved it there. But if I could find somewhere it was cool/cold all year round, I’d want to move there!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I ran to 3 stores and it was only drizzling until I left the last market with a full cart of groceries. Get to the back of my truck and hit the remote to unlock it. Skies opened up and a driving rain from the side soaked me to the skin~! LMFAO.

I didn't know my remote works on the rain~!

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
You like the desert? My hubs went to U of A, and he loved it there. But if I could find somewhere it was cool/cold all year round, I’d want to move there!
Not me. I hate the cold. I love the desert. I have a lifted and locked Jeep and it's relaxing and fun to just go exploring. There are times that I'll just cut across the desert to go home from work. I live 25 miles from work so it's really a stress reliever just to do a little off roading. In the spring I'll take off the top and doors and put on the bikini top and half doors. The desert in the spring is beautiful. It turns green and all the baby animals come out. You see roadrunners, squirrels, bunnies, doves and quail everywhere. Every now and then you'll see some young falcons.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I had a mishap with the Table Saw Yesterday and a 7x7 inch piece if 1/2 inch solid pine started binding and I escaped right. Not fast enough so it hit me under my arm in the chest. Have a couple of nice black and blues which will probably turn purple and yellow before they go away~! Glad it was only a couple of bruises.
OUCH!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was never one for these type of drinks but my buddy turned me onto them and then Mom asked me to get her the Bud Light ones. On a hot day it is so refreshing.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I had planned BBQ'ing some Tuna Steaks for tonight's dinner but when I went out the patio was partially flooded. So going to have to bake them in the over. I will BBQ in the rain but a Tropical Storm makes it a bit too wet~!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I had planned BBQ'ing some Tuna Steaks for tonight's dinner but when I went out the patio was partially flooded. So going to have to bake them in the over. I will BBQ in the rain but a Tropical Storm makes it a bit too wet~!

That’s funny, Steve! It’s stopped raining here, but I’m sure it’s wet everywhere outside.

VU Sponsors