Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Me & wife looked in on the big New York, NY New Year's Eve party via ABC news live on the free Roku channel. Well, she pointed out New York was running two minutes late.

Another thing, the crowd, ahem, lack of it suggested we would be disappointed all year. It was sad seeing the inflatable streaming buddies posted around tiny pens of no more than four people.

We knew there likely was not going to be a crowd. Then, you have to consider all the television people running around in the big emptied streets. The TV people outnumbered the crowd. Yep, very sad, disappointing.

Then, even the Kremlin was shut down. Every large city what had huge celebrations in the past, empty. *smh* So far the New Year seems to be a case of waiting for the other shoe to drop but sadly knowing it won't. So, reckon we're having a Groundhog Day year. Welcome to 2020 year 1.
All the people there were entertainers ,crews and their families and it looked like invited guests, hence the men and women in uniform. They were all tested prior to the event......

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
All the people there were entertainers ,crews and their families and it looked like invited guests, hence the men and women in uniform. They were all tested prior to the event......

Yeah, kind o' picked up it was crew & cast only invite. Still trying to figure if they deliberately chose, some "nobody" coked out of her skull, to sing Imagine as the last song or what? That was 'bout the most pathetic portion o' it.

My apologies to Big Freedia for not knowing her. (I had to look them up. Still no clue, not ever heard them. But I listen to a lot of different stuff, obviously though nothing by them.) Still is rather pathetic she appeared coked out & didn't do the song justice.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hm, maybe but Disney which owns ABC is usually spot on time even given outside help. ABC is a subsidiary of Buena Vista which is a Disney holding. Hulu is also owned by Disney. That's how Disney managed Disney+ so easily.

Disney also owns Marvel Entertainment, inclusive of the comic books. They also bought Star Wars, but not IL&M because they got Pixar, oh and Dreamworks.

The ABC buy took place in the mid '80s. Though you may be correct, Roku was having a satellite delay. After all they were panning the globe to see all those other empty spots. Can Imagine that caused a pause if not on mechanical, least human part. "Gee, empty here too, ..."

Apologies, not trying to be a Debbie Downer but spades are spades, ... *chuckles & sniggers*

Clonk! "Hits ya inda head, wat ya callit?"

OTA or Cable versus Online is always delayed. Watched the Political Stuff on TV and online at the same time and the online stuff was always behind.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Me & wife looked in on the big New York, NY New Year's Eve party via ABC news live on the free Roku channel. Well, she pointed out New York was running two minutes late.

Another thing, the crowd, ahem, lack of it suggested we would be disappointed all year. It was sad seeing the inflatable streaming buddies posted around tiny pens of no more than four people.

We knew there likely was not going to be a crowd. Then, you have to consider all the television people running around in the big emptied streets. The TV people outnumbered the crowd. Yep, very sad, disappointing.

Then, even the Kremlin was shut down. Every large city what had huge celebrations in the past, empty. *smh* So far the New Year seems to be a case of waiting for the other shoe to drop but sadly knowing it won't. So, reckon we're having a Groundhog Day year. Welcome to 2020 year 1.

All you would’ve seen is Mayor DeBlah dancing with his wife in an empty Times Square. Fun, huh? Globalists and Lefties are trying or have taken over the world. :cry:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, kind o' picked up it was crew & cast only invite. Still trying to figure if they deliberately chose, some "nobody" coked out of her skull, to sing Imagine as the last song or what? That was 'bout the most pathetic portion o' it.

My apologies to Big Freedia for not knowing her. (I had to look them up. Still no clue, not ever heard them. But I listen to a lot of different stuff, obviously though nothing by them.) Still is rather pathetic she appeared coked out & didn't do the song justice.

You ain’t woke, man. :giggle::giggle: Sorry I veered off into the realm of politics. I’ll just shut up now.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
giphy.gif

Good morning, everyone. <3

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sorry for this Steve

I'm just a concerned friend and I don't know if you all know about this stuff going on. If you all do, I'm sorry for posting it.
(and if I get a strike... banned...whatever...Oh well )

Tell me if you want it deleted, if it doesn't get deleted before hand.

Sent from....Somewhere on Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sorry for this Steve

I'm just a concerned friend and I don't know if you all know about this stuff going on. If you all do, I'm sorry for posting it.
(and if I get a strike... banned...whatever...Oh well )

Tell me if you want it deleted, if it doesn't get deleted before hand.

Sent from....Somewhere on Tapatalk

First I am hearing about this???

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You ain’t woke, man. :giggle::giggle: Sorry I veered off into the realm of politics. I’ll just shut up now.

Maybe not but know I'll steer away from BLM but be with those in alm (all lives matter). Got nothing again anyone o' any color, creed, belief, nation, gender, sexuality. If I dislike someone it's cos they earn disliked. I can dislike any a**hole or prick for just being an a**hole or prick.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Drove to see my wife's Mom with my wife and the dog this morning. It's a 2 and half hour drive up there. She's 96 and lives in an assisted living complex. We can't go in, but she has a ground floor apartment and we can see her and her us through the window. We talk on the phone to her since she can't hear too well. Our dog recognized her and dragged my wife up to the window so my dog could say hi.

Since we were up north we stopped at a winery in Lodi where we are members of the wine club and picked up our club shipment. We couldn't taste which sucks.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I took Mom for a night out to see Joey's new Apartment in North Shore Towers. We had Chinese Take Out for Dinner and the girls went for a walk around the Arcade. Got Mom out for a bit since the pandemic struck. I left her in my GF and Joey's GF;s Capable Hands while we drank some wine. Was a nice change of pace to the norm for the last almost a year.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was up at 5AM this morning and out the TV on before making the coffee. Fell back asleep for a couple of more hours~! I needed that big time. Now the coffee should be ready.

I wonder if it was that cup of Bulleit I had for a night cap~?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Up since about 3 here. No tv on but did look on youtube a little. No coffee yet either. Sitting, piddling.

Out yesterday eve with wife. We bought ourselves new heavy duty coats from tractor Supply. Think mine is a Ridgecut (brand), her coat's a Carhart (brand). Also got us a fair sized jar of "black suave", drawing suave.

After dropping a bit over $160 at TS we headed up on the hill to Bob Evan's. Had said I did nae want fish, wound up getting fish anyway. Brought a wee poke home with a slice of PB & Chocolate pie, container of slaw. That was another $30 or so. So yeah, about $200 out of the $1,200 we got sent as stimulus.

She let me split $100, $50 cash, $50 in Paypal. So, there's $300 from it. I figure she may spend another $100 on herself, leaving about $800 to bank. Told her having about $100 for Christmas showed me it was nice to hold about that if I needed something then, could get it. Or just fold it over, double my money in my pocket. :) She thought I apparently deserved that.

Ah, and I got a $25 Wally World gift card. Ha! Likely use it to fetch me a pack of skivies.

So yep, sitting here piddling, pondering.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, reckon here's me off then. Will go up and feed "not" our cats. Get to try out the new rigid shoe insert too. It's a very thin wafer of carbon fiber. Noted just slipping the shoe on yesterday eve it felt alright. See how it does to walk.

ETA: Walks fine. Cats fed, PB & Choc pie gone too. I really ought naught eat such. Need to be dropping weight not keep adding it on.

Last edited:

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Decent morning. Went and picked up take out for breakfast from a local greek/coney island joint. Checked my Robin hood account and was pleasantly surprised. Started this account in early February with a free stock that was worth only $5. I traded it around a bunch of times and now have almost $80 on there, invested in Ethereum. Again, from a free stock. So no money of mine invested. Just a little time here and there. Screenshot_20210103-110728_Robinhood.jpg

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
giphy.gif

It’s really cold here. Hope everyone is snuggly warm. <3

It was cold when I was out running a few errands. Now after getting cold and wet I sound like I have a cold. I feel fine, just my voice is very deep and nasally. Having a few Hard Seltzers watching Football and going to have my leftover White Bean with Ham Soup for dinner. Later Mom and I will have Cappuccino and Espresso with some Cannoli's. Then I will have a cup of Bulleit and when I wake up will forget I sounded like Death Warmed over~!

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It was cold when I was out running a few errands. Now after getting cold and wet I sound like I have a cold. I feel fine, just my voice is very deep and nasally. Having a few Hard Seltzers watching Football and going to have my leftover White Bean with Ham Soup for dinner. Later Mom and I will have Cappuccino and Espresso with some Cannoli's. Then I will have a cup of Bulleit and when I wake up will forget I sounded like Death Warmed over~!
Just went to pick up a pizza, it is already icing up....

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
We went to Mass this morning. Since Gov. Newscum doesn't think we're safer than Walmart we have to hold it outside. It was warm enough, in the 50's, that I took my coat off.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I just remembered I was sounding like I was getting a Cold yesterday~! Funny how I totally forgot about and seeing my post reminded me. LMFAO

My throat has been scratchy and I’ve been sneezing. I think it’s allergies. I’m so tired of weird things in 2020 and now.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I had to go to the Roosevelt Field Mall because I needed a new Glass Curve for my Pixel 2XL and the company was out of stock online but they had them at a Kiosk in the Mall. Costs about $9 for shipping and they charge $10 so I said WTH. Parked as close to where I thought it was to cut down on time in the mall. Amazing how people were sitting at tables drinking coffee and eating or reading with NO Masks.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So I had to go to the Roosevelt Field Mall because I needed a new Glass Curve for my Pixel 2XL and the company was out of stock online but they had them at a Kiosk in the Mall. Costs about $9 for shipping and they charge $10 so I said WTH. Parked as close to where I thought it was to cut down on time in the mall. Amazing how people were sitting at tables drinking coffee and eating or reading with NO Masks.
Gee, I wonder why....common sense is a thing of the past.. :gaah:

VU Sponsors