Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good evenin Porch goers

May be an image of tree and text that says 'A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions and the roots spring up and make new trees. -Amelia Earhart ©Peace ©PeaceFlash''A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions and the roots spring up and make new trees. -Amelia Earhart ©Peace ©PeaceFlash'

Can attest that a single act of kindness no matter how small, seemingly trivial holds great power.

Friday evening me and wife went to Olive Garden in Parkersburg. We celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary with a nice supper, just us.

As our meal wound down the young lady serving us asked if there was more she could do to make our visit better. I cleared my throat and told her to tell her house lead everything was wonderful, compliment the cooks, let the servers know they were exceptional, give the cleaning crew compliments too. Everything was top notch.

She come back after a few minutes. "My manager got on the p.a. in the back and had everybody stop. He told all of us we had been given the highest praises by customers. He said we should keep up the most excellent work and he appreciated getting such words from customers, we ought to as well." She was glowing and obviously very touched.

The whole crew on our way out wished us a good evening, sincerely and all were smiling genuinely happy smiles. No, it was not typical Olive Garden "we're all family here" lip service. This was people who had obviously been going through assorted roughness thankful someone appreciated them "being there".

So glad to have given at least a moment of that joy to others. Am sure it made the rest of that evening go by a bit more easily.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Mark, doin pretty good today, been a busy one though, thank you for askin my friend'
How are you doin buddy?

Doing well enough. Pollen is high in my neck of the woods ( on a scale of 0 to 12.5 we are at 10) so my body isn’t liking that. I got to sleep late this morning. I just now got out to my back porch, after feeding the dogs and making coffee, to have some time listening to the birds greet the morning sun.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Can attest that a single act of kindness no matter how small, seemingly trivial holds great power.

Friday evening me and wife went to Olive Garden in Parkersburg. We celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary with a nice supper, just us.

As our meal wound down the young lady serving us asked if there was more she could do to make our visit better. I cleared my throat and told her to tell her house lead everything was wonderful, compliment the cooks, let the servers know they were exceptional, give the cleaning crew compliments too. Everything was top notch.

She come back after a few minutes. "My manager got on the p.a. in the back and had everybody stop. He told all of us we had been given the highest praises by customers. He said we should keep up the most excellent work and he appreciated getting such words from customers, we ought to as well." She was glowing and obviously very touched.

The whole crew on our way out wished us a good evening, sincerely and all were smiling genuinely happy smiles. No, it was not typical Olive Garden "we're all family here" lip service. This was people who had obviously been going through assorted roughness thankful someone appreciated them "being there".

So glad to have given at least a moment of that joy to others. Am sure it made the rest of that evening go by a bit more easily.

Great to read this! A belated happy anniversary to you and and your wife.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Think I've picked an addiction to Milo's. Come in just minutes ago, had been out weed eating for about an hour. Can see what our weather says. Being out there going at it, easy even, still feels closer to 90 degrees F. Figure the humidity, dew point, barometer lend to that. Just the right condition/s to work a sweat even going at it slow & low. More to do maybe later on today, or maybe not. *grin* it's a Sunday.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
We went to a wine club pick up party yesterday. Good wine, good food, good tunes and came home with twelve bottles of wine and our first sunburns of the season.

I finally have a week home this week after 5 in a row on the road. I'm going to see an orthopedic surgeon Tuesday for my hip arthritis. Hopefully he can get it done sooner rather than later.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
We went to a wine club pick up party yesterday. Good wine, good food, good tunes and came home with twelve bottles of wine and our first sunburns of the season.

I finally have a week home this week after 5 in a row on the road. I'm going to see an orthopedic surgeon Tuesday for my hip arthritis. Hopefully he can get it done sooner rather than later.

Those orthopedic people - if they find out you want them to cut on you, they will surely oblige.

Would be nice to think you could go see them and find out there is an easier and less invasive way to deal, but if not, good luck with it. I've helped hubbs through two knees, but we've haven't done any hips yet. Lots of rehab on knees, though.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Would be nice to think you could go see them and find out there is an easier and less invasive way to deal, but if not, good luck with it. I've helped hubbs through two knees, but we've haven't done any hips yet. Lots of rehab on knees, though.
Pretty sure it will take some cutting. They do hips so that they don't detach any muscles now. Rehab is around 6 weeks or so. It will be nice to be able to walk without pain and easily tie my shoes.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Alright logout is working again, as is login. Didn't see that notifications were working, as in I didn't seem to have notifications. Knew there were "new" posts but no "alert" as I entered the site.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wow if I have to deal with one more fucking asshole on the phone today I am going to lose it~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wow, it is so hard to deal with my posts showing 5 minutes ago behind one from last Monday~! Don't mind me it has been a shitty day already so far~!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Guess that worked. Now, if I could log out, ...

Am I the only one seeing this?
Your avatar looks broken to me.
Looks easily fixable though.
1651159347475.png

There's some really weird things that happened while the site was down. nothing major, just little things like post's showing up out of order and someone's avatar just randomly vanishing.
Other than that: Yay!! it works! :bliss:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
View attachment 192893

There's some really weird things that happened while the site was down. nothing major, just little things like post's showing up out of order and someone's avatar just randomly vanishing.

I see it that way too. Not just you.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 192893

That ought to got it. Had to upload the .face file. I had noticed as well. Thought it would refresh itself from like < http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ > or, CDN. Guess not.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You know I see shades of ECF when the thread, Can't Post was locked. People will still be experience issues but no one wants to hear them it seems? I got Banned from ECF for reporting Issues when I proved the Douchebag was a LIAR about it being on our end and here again too late to report issues? Maybe it is just my having a BAD Fucking Day but that is BS. At least IMHO.................

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
ECF got the middle finger from me about four years ago. I stupidly set the two factor and had the code generator via Google. Phone crapped the bed and when I recovered it ECF wasn’t on the code generator. Sent them four emails and all were ignored. Wasn’t worth my time to start over from scratch.

VU Sponsors