Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
80d1c1067ce245f665709d7992ba200d.gif

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yesterday, Cali moved her babies :( . A bad day to do so. Had storms roll through.
I'm afraid it won't be long that Scruffy will find them, I really hope I'm wrong.
But, where they are there's no way to pet them or take any more pics of them :(

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yesterday, Cali moved her babies :( . A bad day to do so. Had storms roll through.
I'm afraid it won't be long that Scruffy will find them, I really hope I'm wrong.
But, where they are there's no way to pet them or take any more pics of them :(

I hope they'll be okay. Yikes.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Been busy the past few weeks with not much internet time. Still no word on when the hip replacement will happen. It sounded like the lab dragged their feet in getting the blood test results to my doctor. The results are all good and now they need to get approval from insurance I guess. For now I'll just keep hobbling along...

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Saw a different psychologist. He is also a chiropractor. From a first visit he suggested I battle anhedonia. Put me on serotonin. He agreed that if all anyone else can suggest as help is lithium salts, there's no medication to help me. Thought serotonin might at least offer me a bit of motivational help. We'll see how it helps, or not.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Last night around 1:15am Mama Cali moved her babies back into the cave. We're thinking it's because one of her babies is gone. This morning, my Guy looked at the other spot, the tan orangey color baby wasn't there :cry: . We're happy that the two are still with us.
Don't know if she's going to stay or she'll be looking for a different spot.

Edit @12:08pm : My Guy was wrong, thankfully :bliss: ! Tangy....the tan orangey color baby is alive and well in the cave :bliss:
Their little eyes are open, too s: s: :inlove:

Last edited:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Otay....Here is an update on the kitties.
I was finally able to sit down and watch the video from the porch Cam.
Mama brought two babies, one was Tigger and the other, which is not named as of now, back on the 17th between 9:45pm to 11:00pm.
She went back three times, but didn't bring Tangee (spelled it wrong before, it's not Tangy) back. So, when my Guy looked in the cave around 5:45am Tangee wasn't there. After he left for work, Cali, around 6:45am, went back and came back with Tangee in her mouth. When I went and looked, around 7:30am, Tangee was in the cave.
Don't understand why she left Tangee there overnight. Poor baby, it was storming for hours from the 17th on into the 18th. Now, we are thinking that's why Cali came back to the cave....she was scared.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mostly been working on a design and trying to iron out details for my porch/patio cover. Shit's giving me a migraine lol. Trying to split the difference between 'pro' and 'affordable' without compromising safety or making a glaring error to save $10. Already way over budget or what I intended.

Some of it has been amusing. Reading an article someone did on their 'simple' 12x12' I think it was pergola. The author mentioning how it began with $1700 in lumber, then realized they forgot some key elements. Another $650 or so in lumber. Then another trip to the hardware store for $100+ more in hardware. I think they said their original $1600-1700 estimated project wound up around $2800 lol. Like yep, I know the feeling.

Some of the easy/cheap diy stuff doesn't look bad visually, projects wind up looking fairly nice. Until you see some of the sketchy shortcuts. Like one guy saying how he opted to put his covered porch up with drywall screws because they were cheaper. Doh! On the other hand while many have sound info/tips, they'd have me pouring 4ft footers with sonotubes, rebar reinforcement footings, 6x6 posts and everything has a special approved hardware attachment. I'm not building for the Hilton. This whole post/beam style stuff just isn't my wheelhouse.

On the bright side I found an air nailer pretty decently priced under $100. Had only seen brad nailers and staplers with pancake compressors. The old senco's I used to use when building trusses I knew ran around $400+, just figured no way in hell. But also not looking forward to nailing up 36+ feet of doubled up beam by hand. Beyond wearing me the hell out I already know the struggles of keeping stuff aligned while driving nails at an angle by hand. Repeated blows make everything tend to go squirrely and shift.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Don't understand why she left Tangee there overnight. Poor baby, it was storming for hours from the 17th on into the 18th.
Mothers innately seem to know their children. Mine would leave me to myself a lot, realizing my independence, resilience, capacity.

Of course, that could be a double edged blade. One could wonder how many monsters were unleashed for a boy left to himself.

All in though, think I still turned out alright.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Mothers innately seem to know their children. Mine would leave me to myself a lot, realizing my independence, resilience, capacity.

Of course, that could be a double edged blade. One could wonder how many monsters were unleashed for a boy left to himself.

All in though, think I still turned out alright.
Doesn't it make you wonder/ponder on how you might have turned out if not left alone :question:
I say this because....
I wonder/ponder on how my nephew would be different if not left alone or left with his day care provider for weeks.
As you, he is alright, but left with a kinda anti social personality.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Doesn't it make you wonder/ponder on how you might have turned out if not left alone :question:
I say this because....
I wonder/ponder on how my nephew would be different if not left alone or left with his day care provider for weeks.
As you, he is alright, but left with a kinda anti social personality.

We could have conversation for DAYS about this.

I know it's hurtful to say these kinds of things, but I can't even put my mind inside the head of someone who had good, loving, reliable parents. I think often, when people have those parents, they take them so for granted. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have come up that way.

I am thankful that in my life I had other people around me who could provide love, safety, and praise. I knew as early as 4 years old that, at home, I was on my own. In some cases, being on your own is better than being shredded alive by toxic parents.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Would you folks be more comfortable if I removed my post from yesterday? I seem to have brought conversation to a complete standstill, and that wasn't my intention. If you just say the word, I'll remove it.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been quiet a lot of places, most of my time online has been shopping around for the porch project. Trying to iron out all the details in hopes I can make just one run and get all the stuff I need. Chances are I've missed something and I hate that. Get in the middle of a project only to be like crap, forgot that.

It's been raining something fierce the past couple of days. My yard's starting to look like the everglades with small patches of grass floating through the standing water. Hoping not to have to trudge materials 150-200ft from the driveway through soggy mud. Shit's gonna be heavy enough as it is. Don't really want everything to get soaked prior to being built either if I can help it. Some stuff is too big so planning to rent a uhaul to get it done. Which means rushing to unload it all so I can return the truck.

Settled on a nailer, was torn between the makita and metabo 21 degree framing guns. In spite of the makita having dry fire lockout, top load nails and a rafter hook the metabo seemed to edge it out in most of the reviews. So went with the metabo nr90aes. A bit cheaper than the other metabo guns but the others max out at 3-1/4" and I wanted one to run 3-1/2" nails.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We could have conversation for DAYS about this.

I know it's hurtful to say these kinds of things, but I can't even put my mind inside the head of someone who had good, loving, reliable parents. I think often, when people have those parents, they take them so for granted. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have come up that way.

I am thankful that in my life I had other people around me who could provide love, safety, and praise. I knew as early as 4 years old that, at home, I was on my own. In some cases, being on your own is better than being shredded alive by toxic parents.
Would you folks be more comfortable if I removed my post from yesterday? I seem to have brought conversation to a complete standstill, and that wasn't my intention. If you just say the word, I'll remove it.

I apologize, got busy in the living and hadn't kept abreast of our conversation. Did not do that on purpose.

Yes, I often fog out regarding parental influence. Faced a great deal of negative/toxic influence from mine. Then too faced a lot of being on my own.

Fortunately there were other influences. Had my grandparents, a few teachers, a couple of mentors.

Growing up figured I was alone facing such adversities in life. Older, come to realize it seems the typical Appalachian mold of my generation, maybe the generation before, and it seems another generation.

Could we talk about that for days? Maybe so.

Do I see much point in such conversation? No, not really.

Why do I feel that way? Well, it's clear there's nothing to do about the "issues" what create such environment. There's no political will for changing it and as much as we don't want to talk politics, political will would be the first step in changing things. Without will there's no way.

There's other ways to bring change. One what crops up for me is leading without leading. Be an example which others can emulate. There as well something of will is needed and to that end there needs to be incentive/s. Altruism can only go so far before realizing even it needs to eat, live a life.

So then it comes right back to politic/social will. Some "entity" needs to step in by will and start the ball rolling. "Free college education if you serve five years as foster parent, maintaining high morals and ethics." "Free housing if you help build six other houses for others." These are just examples, point being they offer incentive/s for people to help bring change.

Not holding my breath to see such things.

Yes, know of and have experienced Jimmy Carter's Habitat for Humanity program. Walked away from it realizing it was a bit of a joke in a way. Great write off shelter for those affording it but little else. Don't mean to slander or liable, just expressing an observation/opinion.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I apologize, got busy in the living and hadn't kept abreast of our conversation. Did not do that on purpose.

Yes, I often fog out regarding parental influence. Faced a great deal of negative/toxic influence from mine. Then too faced a lot of being on my own.

Fortunately there were other influences. Had my grandparents, a few teachers, a couple of mentors.

Growing up figured I was alone facing such adversities in life. Older, come to realize it seems the typical Appalachian mold of my generation, maybe the generation before, and it seems another generation.

Could we talk about that for days? Maybe so.

Do I see much point in such conversation? No, not really.

Why do I feel that way? Well, it's clear there's nothing to do about the "issues" what create such environment. There's no political will for changing it and as much as we don't want to talk politics, political will would be the first step in changing things. Without will there's no way.

There's other ways to bring change. One what crops up for me is leading without leading. Be an example which others can emulate. There as well something of will is needed and to that end there needs to be incentive/s. Altruism can only go so far before realizing even it needs to eat, live a life.

So then it comes right back to politic/social will. Some "entity" needs to step in by will and start the ball rolling. "Free college education if you serve five years as foster parent, maintaining high morals and ethics." "Free housing if you help build six other houses for others." These are just examples, point being they offer incentive/s for people to help bring change.

Not holding my breath to see such things.

Yes, know of and have experienced Jimmy Carter's Habitat for Humanity program. Walked away from it realizing it was a bit of a joke in a way. Great write off shelter for those affording it but little else. Don't mean to slander or liable, just expressing an observation/opinion.

One thing is for sure, in my mind. We don't have to talk very long at all about any kind of social issue until the conversation hedges on political. The ways we think of to go about solving problems are all tied up in or stem from political beliefs, or vice versa, so I guess that's why conversations get so close to the edge.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
One thing is for sure, in my mind. We don't have to talk very long at all about any kind of social issue until the conversation hedges on political. The ways we think of to go about solving problems are all tied up in or stem from political beliefs, or vice versa, so I guess that's why conversations get so close to the edge.

Agreed, much as I hate to admit Aristotle being correct, "everything is political." It seems to be an axiom.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wanted to share this Pretty Cool story that Mom and I had in a conversation. It's about Mom, my Grandpas, and Dads (step Dads) past.
(summary of the conversation)

It started out in a bowling alley....
Mom was sitting at a table just looking around. She was married at that time, but her eyes meet up with another persons eyes, an Indian mans eyes. She said there was something there that Sparked and she looked away once she had that feeling.
The conversation went on...
Grandpa and Grandma were big on the scene of CBs, had a station set up in there home and RV, even had cards made with their cb handle with pictures of monkeys on them, handle names were Brass Monkey and Moon Monkey, I still have a card. Well anyhoo.... Mom was saying, Grandpa was talking with a man every day over the cb his handle was Red Man. Mom would also talk with Red Man.
The story continues into the future... Many many yrs later....This was after she was divorced from my Dad.
She said, she needed to take a taxi home one evening, though, she couldn't recall why, but the driver of the cab was a woman. They talked some during the ride, got to know a little bit about each other.
More into the future....
Don't know how many yrs went by, but Dads cousin went to the same church mom was attending, she set up a blind date for them to meet. They started dating and than were married.
One day they started talking about CBs, how Moms parents and her were on it. Dad told her his handle name was Red Man. They discovered that all of them have talked with one another over the CB.
My Grandpa died when I was 9 or 10 yrs old, but he actually had gotten to know his son n law....How Cool ! Grandma was still alive when they married.
Their conversation went on....
They also found out that it was Dads eyes she came across in the bowling alley. Also, it was Dads daughter that was the taxi driver.
It's Amazing to me, that's probably because it's my family :teehee:

VU Sponsors