Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
88ab975e747b0e2b81ead97d00a036ea.gif

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am losing my mind (techno hell) Just trying to create a log-in account with SSA (social security... eligible this year at 62 years old) I even went in person and it turns out they don't have my new address (been here 3 years) so used the old one but then got stuck anyway (they need a credit card #... debit card won't work) WTF!!! I made an appointment at the local office but it's going to be over a month (which now puts me 2 months behind. I hate bureaucracy!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I am losing my mind (techno hell) Just trying to create a log-in account with SSA (social security... eligible this year at 62 years old) I even went in person and it turns out they don't have my new address (been here 3 years) so used the old one but then got stuck anyway (they need a credit card #... debit card won't work) WTF!!! I made an appointment at the local office but it's going to be over a month (which now puts me 2 months behind. I hate bureaucracy!

Lord help you if you do ever get registered online and then forget your password. Social Security's website is a whole other kind of PITA.

Next thing you know, you'll be introduced to the wonders of Medicare. Oh, happy day. :kickbutt: <---- This is me and all the people who sell Medicare Supplement insurance and drug plans.

Yeah, good question, @Jimi I was going to ask that, too. I don't remember ever giving them a credit card number.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
(they need a credit card #... debit card won't work) WTF!!! I

No,no,no. Ask to talk to the head managing supervisor at that office, face to face. Get documentation in writing explaining what they need a CC # to do.

I could possibly understand maybe using a Mastercard/debit card kind of card to send out payments. Though, more than likely SS can do direct deposit for you. You might need to give them a void check to let them get the bank info.

Them asking for a CC# sounds like a scam unless there's some valid reasoning behind it. Even then, you ought to ask that your financials be handled electronically in no less than SHA256 bit encryption end to end with an option to use hashing salts.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
No,no,no. Ask to talk to the head managing supervisor at that office, face to face. Get documentation in writing explaining what they need a CC # to do.

I could possibly understand maybe using a Mastercard/debit card kind of card to send out payments. Though, more than likely SS can do direct deposit for you. You might need to give them a void check to let them get the bank info.

Them asking for a CC# sounds like a scam unless there's some valid reasoning behind it. Even then, you ought to ask that your financials be handled electronically in no less than SHA256 bit encryption end to end with an option to use hashing salts.

Social Security can definitely do direct deposit. Hubbs has been getting his $$$ that way for years now.

Speaking of which, tomorrow's the day. Thank'ee, Unca Sam!

Anybody who needs anything from Walmart, you better git on down there tonight. Tomorrow the Blue Haired Ladies will arrive!

(I guess I'd be in the generation of Blue Haired Ladies now, and I don't know of anyone with blue hair these days. Unfortunately, my vernacular has expired!)

@Jimi I bet you remember that bluing stuff our Mamas used to use in the laundry.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Anybody who needs anything from Walmart, you better git on down there tonight. Tomorrow the Blue Haired Ladies will arrive!

Oh don't feel so bad. This week I wished my mom a happy 74th birthday. In the mail I got from the PO today, got an invite to join AARP. No longer get "carded" for drinks, tobacco. Mom doesn't want to hear she has a kid as old as me.

ETA: Me texting her happy birthday: *HUG* Happy Birthday mom!
Her replying back: I ought to kill you.
Me: Why?
Her: I'm not old enough to have a kid your age.
Me: Well, I know your joking.
Her: Oh, how is that?
Me: You wanted me dead you would have sent Grasshopper.
Her: You, you, you ... DAWG!

Last edited:

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Direct deposit is what I want (If I can log in) I have tried so many times... the website is falked. Since we are all adults... FUBAR (fucked up beyond all repair) Yes... I said it. Even a trip (in person) waiting my turn (thank god it was not busy) I still have to wait over a month for an appointment. How do you spell this... Arrrrrrrg! Close enough.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Oh don't feel so bad. This week I wished my mom a happy 74th birthday. In the mail I got from the PO today, got an invite to join AARP. No longer get "carded" for drinks, tobacco. Mom doesn't want to hear she has a kid as old as me.

ETA: Me texting her happy birthday: *HUG* Happy Birthday mom!
Her replying back: I ought to kill you.
Me: Why?
Her: I'm not old enough to have a kid your age.
Me: Well, I know your joking.
Her: Oh, how is that?
Me: You wanted me dead you would have sent Grasshopper.
Her: You, you, you ... DAWG!

I'll be 67 in less than a month. Suddenly 74 doesn't sound so old!

Hubbs will be 69 2 days before I turn 67. A few months ago I asked a couple of my kids how they feel about their dad being nearly 70.

...........Crickets...........

Took them a second to catch up with that. :)

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'll be 67 in less than a month. Suddenly 74 doesn't sound so old!

Hubbs will be 69 2 days before I turn 67. A few months ago I asked a couple of my kids how they feel about their dad being nearly 70.

...........Crickets...........

Took them a second to catch up with that. :)
I'm right behind you by a year, 66 at the end of the month. My wife hit's 70 next year, but you didn't hear that from me...

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I'm right behind you by a year, 66 at the end of the month. My wife hit's 70 next year, but you didn't hear that from me...

@gadget! is in our club, too. I think he's almost exactly the same age as me, and his birthday is between yours and mine somewhere, if I'm not mistaken. We Summer Babies have to stick together; after all, we're the ones who NEVER GOT TO HAVE CUPCAKES AND KOOL AID at school on our birthdays!

I feel permanently traumatized! :sad: Don't you?

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@gadget! is in our club, too. I think he's almost exactly the same age as me, and his birthday is between yours and mine somewhere, if I'm not mistaken. We Summer Babies have to stick together; after all, we're the ones who NEVER GOT TO HAVE CUPCAKES AND KOOL AID at school on our birthdays!

I don't think I've ever recovered from that... :giggle:

At least we can have swim parties outside!

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon

I'm not old, I'm "Seasoned"
I'll be 27 for the 40th year in a row at the end of the month. :)
*67 and proud of it!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not that I have practiced those moves, but they are ingrained into my soul... who knows... real or fantasy? Would you want to test that theory? I am 61, out of shape, weak and feeble... but (if push comes to shove, I might surprise you)

Well at 50 with thinning bones likely a bubble wrapped tiger here as well. Difference being, growing up as I did there was need to learn a fair bit of that kind of stuff. Mind I was never given "formal" instruction, rather got the quick and dirty "working" crash courses.

"Son, don't need to be pretty, just do the job."

That's also a factor with me as well being bubble wrapped. From such a hard ride to here, the miles caught up on the body. Recently learned I'm down to very little to no cartilage in the joints. In part it's arthritis, thinning bones, another part is from all the dislocations, bumps, thumps, lumps.

Ought to have listened to elders, "it'll be rough when you grow up boy." No, I just kept up on living wild as young and dumb kid. Life is a great teacher.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I had my hip replacement surgery yesterday and all is well. I was home by 3:30 pm. I'm able to walk around with a walker. I just have pain from the surgery that is pretty much tolerable, but they gave me some pain pills in case.

I have a wound vac hooked up to the incision that operates every 30 seconds or so. My wife said it sounds like I'm farting so I'm calling it the fart machine...:giggle:

VU Sponsors