Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I got the Ambient Outside Air Temperature Sensor for my Vehicle and after squeezing my arm in behind the grill to change the Sensor it was reading the same Temp of 26F ICE when it is 91F out~! Had to drive the vehicle for the Sensor to Calibrate. The Blazer Forum is a great place.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
6774521ee8d92157bd463fdcaa289e30.gif

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Went into allegedly assist with flood clean up at Ripley Elem. school. Apparently it wasn't so much a clean up effort as a media opportunity. Got in and found myself "tag ending" on some water pick up and removal.

They had adequate crew on hand to do what was required. No one, not even the new Superintendent had any clue what to do next. The rest of the custodial crew aside from myself was content to stand around gossiping, nattering, acting as chickens with heads cut off.

I knew once water was up, hot water, bleach, pine sol and mop up the silt. At the same time I had to wait for approval and being "told what to do". You don't just go flying into the work "out of hand" like that. You get the go ahead first. But it never came.

It seemed even if I asked, I was not even there. One of the others mentioned we were to be paid for an 8 hr day no matter how long we stayed. Of course, the one school board secretary was supposed to have shown up at a set time as well, and never did as far as I'm aware, to handle our "time sheets". I left after 4hrs, I was too frustrated and felt not part of the team. There was no communication to me and my asking fell on deaf ears.

I'll go back for regular school session sub custodian. Heck with extra duty stuff though.

I did get on channel 8 news here. I was pushing my water pick up machine on a brief section of video. They also spoke to the Super. He made clear the insurance folks had come in, told county to look for Fed aid.

How do I feel regarding? Meh. I was working at the time as a "public" employee, that can and does happen at times. No big thing. Got on television once before working as a volunteer EMT. I said maybe six words, "Excuse me, we're attending a patient." The camera guy pulled his camera up, backed up a few steps and redirected his filming. Patients are off limits as are criminals, and/or children unless otherwise agreed.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Recently got a certification through our state's work force training drive. You got the certification and if currently under employed a bonus check. The certification is to drive forklifts.

That obviously will not benefit my current employment save for the certificate earning me perhaps a few extra dollars hourly. Aside from that it keeps other options open too. May keep looking into the work force's training stuff.

Bit joking really yet at the same time, it is starting to feel serious. I go to our local hospital and doctors there. Dr. Jones told his nurse to bring me on as another nurse. Go to Dr. Shamblin's office and the nurses there seem on the verge of asking, "when do you graduate your nursing course?"

I go into supermarkets and it's all I can do to avoid stocking shelves, bagging groceries, fetching in carts. The grocers chuckle at me but soon realize I'm on the ball doing it and they better watch I don't ask for a check. Go into fast food places and can do routine daily, closing bits. Fit right in as crew yet got the sense of a general manager.

Go into a Mr. Young's auto shop and start helping him put mufflers on. He told me grab a broom and wait until the next brake job rolled in. Come home and walk up from us just a bit and fit right into a sheep farm, or on up the way a garden farm. Then, we got a general contractor who threatens kidnapping me and letting me run his foundation crew because I can scree concrete plumb and level. Can also layout and lay courses of cinder-block proper.

It isn't that I don't want to work, or the work isn't there. It is having to deal with legalities, liabilities, bureaucracies. Yes, I left early this past Thursday. Everyone there went really quiet, they knew as co-workers they had ticked me off big time. I didn't rant or rave, pound anything, throw anything, do something dumb, say something dumb. No, I just told my bud Matt, former principal, "it's not good I'm here presently so I'm heading out, sorry."

I was lost, not needed and felt "out of the loop". Saw the news had been to cover it, two television stations. So, sorted out it was as I said earlier, a media opportunity. Don't mind so much but when you make a special call out to me and say you want me working and others there as well, then, well ... work. Otherwise I'm talking a walk and going back home. I don't mind brief downtime involved in the work, but this was not that, it was everyone being stupid and yammering on about useless/irrelevant crap.

All this to say I'm finding myself like my Pap. He and uncle Buddy both were/are "template" guys. They could go to anything, anywhere, fit right in and work, go eat, wash, sleep, come back and keep on keeping on. We're the hollow sort what don't know "hobbies" really. Finding too I face a lot of solitude. Not sure if that's good or bad. I take it like I take every other lump in life, "it is what it is, not more or less", keep moving.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Got done watering the lawns and gardens now thinking up some ideas for a base for that awesome piece of Granite I got from neighbor. It got burned and cracked in the fire at his house but it will work perfectly for my BBQ Table. Funny how a little elbow grease turns garbage into something lovely. Reuse recycle~!

1660481041399.png

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Oh, huskies. I do love 'em. They are the sweetest, smartest dogs. But they are willful and stubborn, and clever, too. Have a mind of their own and an opinion about everything. I miss ours. She's been gone now for about seven years. I'll never forget her.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wrestling with NVR Camera Systems all or most of the day here. I wound up swapping a board out of one and returning it since it wasn't what I ordered. I ask you why does a HDD not just screw in? So I scoffed the board and sent it back. Already got my credit~! Been dealing with Support for too long and my patience ran out.

Last edited:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh, huskies. I do love 'em. They are the sweetest, smartest dogs. But they are willful and stubborn, and clever, too. Have a mind of their own and an opinion about everything. I miss ours. She's been gone now for about seven years. I'll never forget her.
Aww, so sorry :hug:
It's so very hard losing fur babies :cry:

Our Siberian Husky/Wolfie is having a hell of a time :( . He is unable to get up by himself. We have to help him up, he just falls when he loses his balance and when he has to poo we have to hold him up, if we don't, well, poor baby, he gets it all in his fur :( . We have (mostly me) to force him to stand there while he gets cleaned up. It's really difficult forcing him to stand there, he gets so tired/weak :(
But, he's a fighter and still enjoys life, and has new bests friends :inlove: . Though, I don't know how much he likes them playing with his tail :teehee:

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Been going back through and binging Cheers for second time. Can admit likely dozed through some episodes the first binging through. Seems no matter how many times binged, a person can see episodes they hadn't. M*A*S*H is good as well but has a flavor which keeps me from binging it.

VU Sponsors