Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey all! Had a decent day (considering it's like 108 deg F out side) I had to mow the lawn and got a late start (my own fault) I got lucky and a nice breeze came along and save my ass.
Think we hit low to mid 80's here this afternoon. I was out weed eating from about 5P EST to 6P. People often think forests are cooler areas. The canopy though can trap humidity and warmer air, makes it nearly akin to a rain forest. Cool breezes are indeed savers. Showers afterwards are too. :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I think the hottest I've ever been in my life was up in the NC mountains. I had taken my kids to Chimney Rock, and coming down from the top of that rock formation, on a humid summer day, was absolutely miserable. It felt like a steam room the entire way down.

Looking at the news earlier this evening, omg those fires in California are so scary! Looks like the whole west coast had high temps upwards of 105 degrees today. I hope those poor folks get a break soon.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
84a426f5971610bb937c440d7982533b.gif

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes... it sucks here in CA (heat and smoke)
Had what was referred to as "basic fireman" in basic, 1996. Said to wife I maybe ought to be out that a way with brethren fighters. Paused and thought who was I kidding? Would likely collapse of stroke suiting up. Turned out that "basic" training we got was equal to civilian fireman class three with an advanced certification for NBC (Nuclear,Biological,Chemical) fires. Oh days past when twenty year old boys would be brave knights, ... *sighs and wanders along trying to recall where he put the silly putty last*

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thank god... the wind shifted (now from the north so blowing the smoke back from where it came from... south west mountains) Also, just one more day of triple digits (next week they are saying upper 80s)
Will code up some humidity and low barometric pressure, hack the dew point and cry havoc. Y'all might get some direly needed rainfall of the gentle lasting days, to fill holding lakes, help smother fires kind. Ah but then you might see those pesky mud slides. Bah, no real way to have one without t' other & ought to be accpected (accepted+expected).

*sits looking at the purple clouds of, erm, vapor ... looks down on his bare foot and spies putty, grins and wanders on*

Last edited:

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My sympathies, @MarkS to you and your family. Was uncle on your mom's or dad's side?
He was my Mom's brother. He and his previous wife did not have any kids (like the majority of both sides of my family) but treated me like I was their child as I was growing up. I was with her as she passed from a genetic lung disorder (any time she had an illness that impacted her lungs they deteriorated). He was the last of my "blood" relation from the previous generation. He remarried to a friend of theirs and spent many happy years with her. I will be heading up to OH on Monday, attend his graveside service on Tuesday, and see if there is anything I can do to help his widow. I still have five first cousins that are in various places across the country, but that's it for my generation.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I lost my sister to Covid and my Father to Old Age and his Medical issues in 2020, 8 months apart. I still haven't mourned their losses like I need to because I have to take care of my Mom who is all I have left. I know they say it isn't healthy but now just posting this brings a tear to my eye. When I have the time I will let it out. There are so many times doing something remind me of my Dad and it freaking hurts. Everyone has to deal with life on their own terms so I have to be strong while I still have my Mom.

I am a Rock but erosion is taking place.

@MarkS you have my Condolences and you have my Contact Info if you ever need to just Talk~!

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am a Rock but erosion is taking place.

*steps in gives a big hug from behind, gently, holds a few seconds and lets go stepping back*

Take it from another rock, we can only reach the shore if we let go. I recently went into a small classroom at a school. It is a classroom designated for a social worker, a Registered Play Therapist. Her outside window had that window painting it reading in big, bright, bold letters with sun coming through, "You Are Loved!"

The room was tidied up yet still had a sense of clutter with loads of toys, stuffed critters, all of it bright. There were very lovely expressions posted on the walls, affirmations. I sat a minute, wound up breaking down in tears. I had only come in to take out the trash in the small bin.

There I sat, big six foot tall woolly beast. Could not stop well, literally weeping. That night me and wife were vegging out on our bed, looking at telly. My body started spasms, arms, legs all twitching, jerking this or that way on their own accord. Mentioned it to her and she chuckled.

"You're relaxing, you're body is feeling good huh?"

"Um, I'm scared."

"No, honey just let it be. Watch your tv and lay there," she said drawing up with her head on my chest. I don't relax, not like that.

Well, you know, ... yeah. We got to let go, hon. Then we can keep swimming. No shame among friends. Remember, "you are loved."

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We are supposed to have lows at night in the 50s for the next few days. My kind of weather, especially if the humidity will drop some.
First I was at work in shorts, clean shaven face tonight. Outside that 50 felt a little nippy but I didn't mind. Working inside I got hot, too hot, even with AC on in the buildings. Shorts suited inside.

Nitol, off for my zs. Y'all hold fast in the leaning rest, running 'er slow.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
*shakes fist in air in your general direction" Says the rat what kicked my tail bone last night. Ugh. Can only use Tylenol too. Everyone knows that doesn't touch sciatica.

And I know, no, you didn't kick me. Making a joke though to distract from the pain, ignoring it.

You have my sympathy, does it help? I'm having that same problem, just took my morning meds plus two Extra Strength Tylenol. Left hip hurts like a right bitch.

See if your doc will write you some gabapentin (if you can take it - some folks don't tolerate it well). Also, believe it or not, Tylenol actually does a better job of addressing nerve pain than anti-inflammatories do. I don't have the medical understanding of why, but I did read that not too long ago.

Good morning, everybody. Hope BB and I are the only ones with aches and pains this morning.

VU Sponsors